Tinfoil hat theory time

Looking over the 2020 year review found here:

Thank you all for an incredible year. Here's to many more. But first, let's close off 2020 with a word from our Game Director, Mathieu Cote.


the last few lines gave me the cold shivers: "Obviously, I can’t tell you what’s next but I can say that we are not done surprising you. We are working on a lot of new stuff for you and I can already tell you that our 5th year anniversary event will feature some impressive stars that will blow your minds."

Keywords here being STARS and BLOW your mind, specifically saying it's about the anniversary event got me thinking it has to be a license thing, since it would follow the previous 2 years anniversaries pretty well. (Ghostface and Pyramid Head)

So i'm throwing in the imaginary chips in to go all in on it being Resident Evil themed chapter, and the killer being most likely Nemesis.

What's everyones thoughts on the 2020 year review? Just me making a fool of myself on the internet? Or was it really just a closing statement on the year as a whole? Share thoughts and laughs and happy new year!

Comments

  • Think we’re going to see Candyman next year (Candyman releases theatrically August 27, 2021, and there have already been numerous hints toward a possible chapter... even subtlety from Tony Todd ‘Candyman’ himself) but I definitely don’t feel like they’re going to bring RE or Nemesis into the game. It’s doubtful that Capcom will want to allow that crossover.

    That’s jus imo, whatever DBD2021 brings,

    I’m excited for🥳

  • I dont get the blow-keyword in conjunktion with RE. Can you explain?

    So far it could as well be the STARship Nostromo that travels between STARS and BLOW when Rippley needed to get rid of it.

  • @sulaiman said:

    I dont get the blow-keyword in conjunktion with RE. Can you explain?

    So far it could as well be the STARship Nostromo that travels between STARS and BLOW when Rippley needed to get rid of it.

    Just very loosely connecting it to Nemesis, since the only thing the man says is S.T.A.R.S and blows stuff up with a rocket launcher. Like i said, very tinfoily.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    Think we’re going to see Candyman next year (Candyman releases theatrically August 27, 2021, and there have already been numerous hints toward a possible chapter... even subtlety from Tony Todd ‘Candyman’ himself) but I definitely don’t feel like they’re going to bring RE or Nemesis into the game. It’s doubtful that Capcom will want to allow that crossover.

    That’s jus imo, whatever DBD2021 brings,

    I’m excited for🥳

    I have i high hopes if BHVR can get Konami to give them silent hill then they have all the chances to get resident evil

  • HOLY ######### YES please let this be right! I will lose it if Nemesis makes it into DBD. If he’s in, then it means Jill Valentine will most likely be the Survivor, which would be awesome!

  • If they do release a Resident Evil Chapter, I want that hunky Latin cop named Carlos Oliveira with a shirtless cosmetic or I will riot.

  • MV5BMTQ5ODI5NTMzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY4MTYxMg@@._V1_.jpg

    I'm just gonna say jason (it's an old movie poster btw).

  • My vote (as always) for a new killer and survivor...

    pumpkinhead1.jpg


  • I think sidney prescott and a map will drop together for ghostface sometime this coming year there have been alot of hints about that, also candyman and pinhead I'm predicting will drop this year

  • @The_Krapper said:

    I think sidney prescott and a map will drop together for ghostface sometime this coming year there have been alot of hints about that, also candyman and pinhead I'm predicting will drop this year

    Which hints were dropped about Sidney and a Scream map??

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    HOLY ######### YES please let this be right! I will lose it if Nemesis makes it into DBD. If he’s in, then it means Jill Valentine will most likely be the Survivor, which would be awesome!

    Rather have Leon over Jill.

  • Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if RE came next year. 2021 will be the 25th anniversary for RE as a whole, and with hints like that i wouldn't be surprised, although I'd ######### cringe if it was Nemesis, having something as powerful as him come into the game, with what he could do and not destory the survivors, get pallet stunned, tbag, and become a laughing stock would just make me go #########, it kinda destroys the fear you have with character. I would be okay if it was Mr.X or Jack Baker, or William Birkin but not Nemesis no sir.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Here we go again.

    Another round where everyone speculates about [Insert Popular Character Name Here] being the next big thing coming into the game, only to find out that it's someone completely different.

    Still better than the usual dev bashing or surv/killer OP crying etc

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845663#Comment_1845663

    Definitely, i'll take this over the usual pissing and moaning people always do everyday.

    I'm just saying that this is gonna be like last year's anniversary speculations and chapter 18's speculations all over again.

    Same, although if it isn't RE, I would then want to have maybe Fnaf, Outlast, or something.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845663#Comment_1845663

    Definitely, i'll take this over the usual pissing and moaning people always do everyday.

    I'm just saying that this is gonna be like last year's anniversary speculations and chapter 18's speculations all over again.

    Yeah I think speculating is fun though if you don’t set too high expectations out of it.

    and BHVR gets to know what the community would be excited about.

  • I wouldn’t mind Leon, but Jill would fit better considering she was the one Nemesis pursued for the entire game. Maybe he could be a second Survivor but I doubt it considering his lack of connections to the events of RE3. I think he’ll end up as a legendary outfit to Chris or Carlos, unless we get something from RE2, 4, or 6 in the future. Maybe a Birkin + Leon chapter?

  • I'm ready for whatever,I just want some more licenses,If it's Candyman alot of people will be happy,and I'm curious at what his abilities will be He's like Freddy he can do so much but I wonder if they'll play on his hallucinating powers,super strength, or just bees.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845650#Comment_1845650

    I wouldn’t mind Leon, but Jill would fit better considering she was the one Nemesis pursued for the entire game. Maybe he could be a second Survivor but I doubt it considering his lack of connections to the events of RE3. I think he’ll end up as a legendary outfit to Chris or Carlos, unless we get something from RE2, 4, or 6 in the future. Maybe a Birkin + Leon chapter?

    Honesly William Birkin imo would be better as a legendary skin for Blight, like instead of Pustules serum, its the G virus serum he injects. I think Mr. X is a better bet

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I wonder if Dark Deception is gonna get a spot in DBD at some point in the future since the devs of that game has been wanting a DBD crossover in their own game aswell.

    I hope Dark deception Monsters and mOrtals grows to maybe rival DBD, I mean they got Monstrum as a DLC so why not a hand few others

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845629#Comment_1845629

    Which hints were dropped about Sidney and a Scream map??

    Hints from RJ Torbert saying something big is coming to dead by daylight again that has to do with ghostface, a new scream movie is coming out and sidney prescott will be played by Neve Campbell again

  • @Xyvielia said:

    Think we’re going to see Candyman next year (Candyman releases theatrically August 27, 2021, and there have already been numerous hints toward a possible chapter... even subtlety from Tony Todd ‘Candyman’ himself) but I definitely don’t feel like they’re going to bring RE or Nemesis into the game. It’s doubtful that Capcom will want to allow that crossover.

    That’s jus imo, whatever DBD2021 brings,

    I’m excited for🥳

    The only part of a possible Candyman chapter that I disagree with is that people have been saying it's been "pushed back," I don't personally see the devs pushing back a chapter JUST because a movie is releasing later. It doesn't really make sense. Personally I can't see how he'd work in the game, but he would be very cool to see.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845488#Comment_1845488

    The only part of a possible Candyman chapter that I disagree with is that people have been saying it's been "pushed back," I don't personally see the devs pushing back a chapter JUST because a movie is releasing later. It doesn't really make sense. Personally I can't see how he'd work in the game, but he would be very cool to see.

    It would make sense to push back if the license holder wants it though, the DbD inclusion will be good marketing and it wouldn’t make sense to release the chapter 1 year in advance to the movie. Also the lore part could have something from the movies that they don’t wanna get revealed too soon.


    @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845640#Comment_1845640

    Hints from RJ Torbert saying something big is coming to dead by daylight again that has to do with ghostface, a new scream movie is coming out and sidney prescott will be played by Neve Campbell again

    As far as I understand it, Torbert doesn’t have anything to with the Scream franchise, so he shouldn’t hint at that. And for all we know, the blighted GF cosmetic was what he has hinted at.

    i would love to see Scream in DbD though

  • @sulaiman said:

    I dont get the blow-keyword in conjunktion with RE. Can you explain?

    So far it could as well be the STARship Nostromo that travels between STARS and BLOW when Rippley needed to get rid of it.

    I didn't go through the whole thread but Nemesis "blows" Brad Vicker's mind by shooting a tentacle through his head lol. This was in the original RE3, I think it was changed for the remake

  • https://youtu.be/DhsBAXnX4VE


    Go to the 1 minute mark to watch the scene

  • The Devs are going to bring in Jason, but instead of putting him in the game they're going to send him out to hunt us all down as the Entities new survivors.

    That's who the stars are.

    It's us.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845752#Comment_1845752

    Sure, and vince did say he wanted all indie horrors represented in monsters & mortals and that there was some upcoming guest characters in 2021 including a major AAA title aswell in his latest livestream, so i'm really excited for that.

    But still, i think having DBD in another title for a change would be something i would like to see more, as it just means more recognition for DBD, and i think a cross promotion between the two could benefit both parties even more.

    Yeah honestly though if Monsters and mortals is agreat success who knows it'll be a testement to Indie gaming

  • stars...space...aliens...

    It's gonna be critters

    220px-Crittersposter.jpg


  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845488#Comment_1845488

    The only part of a possible Candyman chapter that I disagree with is that people have been saying it's been "pushed back," I don't personally see the devs pushing back a chapter JUST because a movie is releasing later. It doesn't really make sense. Personally I can't see how he'd work in the game, but he would be very cool to see.

    Yeah, not sure how they’d design his ability, but it’d be fun to try him out. Haven’t heard that his DBD release has been pushed back, just the release of the movie that was supposed to be out in October 2020. If they did push back his release it could have sth to do with licensing... though if not, makes me wonder how many killers devs design at one time. Candyman and Twins would have had to have been ready simultaneously.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845770#Comment_1845770

    It would make sense to push back if the license holder wants it though, the DbD inclusion will be good marketing and it wouldn’t make sense to release the chapter 1 year in advance to the movie. Also the lore part could have something from the movies that they don’t wanna get revealed too soon.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845767#Comment_1845767

    As far as I understand it, Torbert doesn’t have anything to with the Scream franchise, so he shouldn’t hint at that. And for all we know, the blighted GF cosmetic was what he has hinted at.

    i would love to see Scream in DbD though

    Ok fair. I'm just saying the theories that dbd made the decision not the license holders. If the license holders want it than it's a possibility that that's true. Although the fact that some people won't accept the fact that Chapters 16/17/18 are not Candyman is kinda of absurd. Yes I've heard that all 3 of those chapters are "filler" and "the real next chapter will be Chapter (whatever the next one is on the list)"

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845499#Comment_1845499

    I didn't go through the whole thread but Nemesis "blows" Brad Vicker's mind by shooting a tentacle through his head lol. This was in the original RE3, I think it was changed for the remake

    i only played the original when it came out, but it was so much weaker then both his prequels, its the only part of the series i only played once.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845986#Comment_1845986

    How exactly does one consider any chapters in general to just be filler? That just seems ridiculous.

    To justify why they buyers didn't get what they wanted and so they can throw insults at the devs/the product.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846088#Comment_1846088

    I see, i must say that just seems like a silly reason to get mad over.

    Guess they must be really disappointed everytime we get an original killer instead of a licensed one then.

    I saw people so mad it wasn't Candyman they called Silent Hill a filler chapter. A LICENSED CHAPTER. Yes people they totally just decided to put in an iconic license for their fourth year as just a filler. TOTALLY. That's EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

  • As much as I would love Jason, it's just not possible with the lawsuit.

  • Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I play it, if the fifth anniversary happens it must be a legendary license and something great at the level of Ghostface and Pyramid-Head, so the fifth anniversary chapter would be between Jason and Resident Evil. If it is a chapter of resident evil, I bet it will be the most expensive DLC of all and exceeding the price of Stranger Things, and if so we would have 2 killers and 3 survivors to leave us with our mouths open, the survivors would be Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, and Leon S. Kennedy. the 2 killers, Nemesis and Mr.X.

    yfsv9nn6dpqz.png

    resident-evil-2-remake-weapons-locations-unlock-guide.jpg


  • AND IF YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES

  • @Digwiid said:

    AND IF YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES

    Called it all the way back in January. Good job!

    Now point and laugh at the naysayers who all assumed otherwise.

    point and laugh at them!

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2115494#Comment_2115494

    Called it all the way back in January. Good job!

    Now point and laugh at the naysayers who all assumed otherwise.

    point and laugh at them!

    It's been hysterical when i shared it with some close friends as well, the ego is swelling up nicely!