how do you make time to play dbd?

I switched from PS4 to PC this year, probably around May or June. I currently have 304 hours on PC.

How do you make time for DBD and what do you have to sacrifice? I will not sacrifice my weightlifting even after working a 16hr day.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Wouldn't working 16 hours make up for weightlifting? So long as it's a physical job?

    I know I work 40-50 hour weeks, and when I get home, I'm too drained to actually play. I make time for two or three matches on my days off if I feel up to the toxicity.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Wouldn't working 16 hours make up for weightlifting? So long as it's a physical job?

    I know I work 40-50 hour weeks, and when I get home, I'm too drained to actually play. I make time for two or three matches on my days off if I feel up to the toxicity.

    lol i'm desk jobbing...so that is just terrible for the health...

  • If there's something I can do while playing dbd that's how I fit it in. If there isn't, then I just play early morning/late night. I don't really sacrifice anything for dbd. It just fits where it goes.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    If there's something I can do while playing dbd that's how I fit it in. If there isn't, then I just play early morning/late night. I don't really sacrifice anything for dbd. It just fits where it goes.

    I can't fit in DBD with anything but DBD :|, I need to quit everything but DBD LOL.

    Do people combo relations and DBD...

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1841861#Comment_1841861

    I can't fit in DBD with anything but DBD :|, I need to quit everything but DBD LOL.

    Do people combo relations and DBD...

    Some people do I'm sure. The only sort of relations dbd is tied with for me is friendships since no one else really has an interest for it in my life.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1841864#Comment_1841864

    Some people do I'm sure. The only sort of relations dbd is tied with for me is friendships since no one else really has an interest for it in my life.

    UGH AFK Wraiths...

  • I bet Atleast one person was expecting this answer... I've got way to much free time

  • @2LuvRias said:

    I bet Atleast one person was expecting this answer... I've got way to much free time

    Only me since quarantine started, my usual life is how I answered lmao

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1841869#Comment_1841869

    Only me since quarantine started, my usual life is how I answered lmao

    Touché! I had work before COVID hit, but honestly even then I had slot of time on my hands, I'm not the best with people so yeah haha.


    Holidays though, beautiful matchmaking as most people will be on at that time

  • Depends on the role.

    Survivor? It's pretty chill, lone queue times so I often read or such while I wait for a game. Games are fairly chill, you can do a couple and then stop to go back to other things or get on with your day, a healthy gameplay cycle.

    Playing killer. Noooo way. You don't get to just play casual. It's all or nothing. You either play thousands of hours and master each killer you want to play, or you endure stress filled anxiety driven horror with instant queue times.

  • I work a ton so I only play the game like, once a week, but I like it so I post on the forums to keep myself in the loop and I just like chatting.

    On one of my days off I usually load up Dead by Daylight and have a several hour play session.

  • There is always time, u probably sleep too much, u have to sleep faster.

  • Only working 6-7 hours instead of 16 helps. Still have time for my family and to play the game

  • Are you american btw? Its illegal in european union to work next day too soon, gotta be 12hours between your next shift, 16h some serious overtime hope u get payed ok.

  • Thats true in theory, klakky, but not in reallity. Ask european doctors in hospitals about their shifts, especially in the pandemic. Lets see if they kept their hours. (hint: they usually don´t).

  • @sulaiman said:

    Thats true in theory, klakky, but not in reallity. Ask european doctors in hospitals about their shifts, especially in the pandemic. Lets see if they kept their hours. (hint: they usually don´t).

    Government jobs are classified differently that depends on your country if ur a government worker but I guess there might be an addendum to it due to corona

  • I just play when i have time. I don't make time for it.

    It's a hobby, not a commitment

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    I switched from PS4 to PC this year, probably around May or June. I currently have 304 hours on PC.

    How do you make time for DBD and what do you have to sacrifice? I will not sacrifice my weightlifting even after working a 16hr day.

    Well that shift is brutal but at least from what your only worry is weightlifting. I say your sitting pretty other than that crazy shift. I have for better or worse had to work through this pandemic (not saying I wanted too) 8-10 hours shifts. On top of that I just had twins in October which brought my seed count from 2 to 4 in a blink of an eye just in time for Christmas. So balancing time for games is a slippery slope but hopefully your shift time is tied to pandemic and dies down soon.

  • Fix a free time schedule?

  • I have nothing but free time, and dwindling sanity.

  • I play DBD for a few hours in the evening when I'm in the mood to play video games.

  • Feels like many people are sacrificing DBD to live life

  • A full time job, a social life, and working out 5 days a week still leaves quite a good bit of time for DBD. Even with that criteria it hasn't stopped me from amassing a lot of hours so I'd imagine it wouldn't stop others. Now if you also have a family to be involved with I could see an argument there.

    I'd also say the average person probably doesn't work out nearly 5 days a week, so most people would gain some extra time there.

  • Well partly for me, it is my job...so there's that.

    Other than that, I play a few games here and there thoughout the day, especially when queues aren't too bad. And on weekends of course. I sort of fit everything in with work, parenting and having something resembling a life (although with lockdown through most of this year, life is a bit weird).

  • This is why I play dbd on switch. I can always play when I get the chance to play.

  • I have a lot of free time due to me being in High school. I may not in the future, but now that I'm on break I try to play some DBD everynow and then, while working on writing projects.

  • I only have time available after work and family time. That leaves about an hour or two to play each night. Depending on what else I need to get done I'll decide to play survivor or killer. I'll use the survivor wait times to work on those other things, otherwise I'll play killer and just play games back to back.

  • @Heartbound said:

    I work a ton so I only play the game like, once a week, but I like it so I post on the forums to keep myself in the loop and I just like chatting.

    On one of my days off I usually load up Dead by Daylight and have a several hour play session.

    I'm always reading through the forums, but I always have my phone with me. The forums help me get through those long boring work meetings...

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    I switched from PS4 to PC this year, probably around May or June. I currently have 304 hours on PC.

    How do you make time for DBD and what do you have to sacrifice? I will not sacrifice my weightlifting even after working a 16hr day.


    So what do you sacrifice to weight lift? Playing video games? Watching TV? Reading a book? spending time doing hundreds of other hobbies? Same basic answer. We all give up time in one thing to do another thing.

  • @JigsawPiggy said:

    Sitting at my desk at work pretending to work while I play DBD with the sound off, and when I get home, ignoring my significant other? 😅

    I tried to play while wfh at first...but ppl would message me and i would have to switch keyboard n mouse and then have to go afk as killer 😂 so i gave up on that