This game has me absolutely depressed....

I just bought auric cells to get the krampus skin, was excited, first game I get a super serious SWF with flashlights and I can't do -anything- just nothing at all all game. Can't pick anyone up no matter how hard I try, assuming I can even down, which I only got because they wanted to not de-rank from such an easy game for them.

I wish they would have been outright toxic, then I could have just written it off, but apart from being a bit condescending they were mostly supportive; which makes it so much worse really.


I feel like my new years resolution this year is to quit DBD, it's addicting, but it's causing me so much anxiety and depression there is no way it's healthy. I could just play survivor only, but I don't know if my interest would hold up.

Is it possible to transfer your auric cells to someone's account if you contact support? I have a friend that could make better use of all the cells I have left.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Yeah, contrary to popular belief, being nice after rofl stomping someone only makes it worse. At least if you're toxic, then you can write it off as "people are just #########", but if they are nice, it's kind of demoralizing, cuz you just feel nothing but shame.

    It'll be sad to see someone who doesn't seem like an absolute shithead leave, but this game should honestly be put to rest or get some competition, because right now nothing is going to save it

  • I think you don’t really need further words of encouragement.

    You’ve identified the issues, how it’s making you feel, and a healthy solution to recover from these anxieties.

    Come back when you’re ready. We’re here for you on these forums.

    Best of luck, and wish you good health.

  • It's time to quit DBD when the game affected your mental health so much you wished the survivors was toxic instead in the post chat lmao.

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    It's time to quit DBD when the game affected your mental health so much you wished the survivors was toxic instead in the post chat lmao.

    Apart from being dismissive of the fact they flashlight blind me even when I was facing a wall because something is off with flashlights lately; they were mostly pretty supportive.

    It's actually really annoying too because I was like "I will send you a replay, let me post on your profile" and I went to do that and shadowplay only record 5 minutes back and it happened like 7 minutes before then; so now I look like a liar too lol. Just makes you feel fantastic all around.

    I mean it's not like they did anything wrong, I wish they had but apart from the chain stunning flashlights while click spamming and t-bagging in game, they were nice and fairly supportive after the game. If they were toxic and cursing me out it probably wouldn't bother me to the point of self-reflecting on why I ever play this game; I am used to that behaviour I can ignore it.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I think you don’t really need further words of encouragement.

    You’ve identified the issues, how it’s making you feel, and a healthy solution to recover from these anxieties.

    Come back when you’re ready. We’re here for you on these forums.

    Best of luck, and wish you good health.

    Yeah, that is kinda the problem though. I keep coming back, I shouldn't be doing that.

    I feel like I should help kick start up a DBD Anonymous or something, for people struggling to quit this addicting but punishing game, when they feel it's affecting their mental well being...heh.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834550#Comment_1834550

    Apart from being dismissive of the fact they flashlight blind me even when I was facing a wall because something is off with flashlights lately; they were mostly pretty supportive.

    It's actually really annoying too because I was like "I will send you a replay, let me post on your profile" and I went to do that and shadowplay only record 5 minutes back and it happened like 7 minutes before then; so now I look like a liar too lol. Just makes you feel fantastic all around.

    I mean it's not like they did anything wrong, I wish they had but apart from the chain stunning flashlights while click spamming and t-bagging in game, they were nice and fairly supportive after the game. If they were toxic and cursing me out it probably wouldn't bother me to the point of self-reflecting on why I ever play this game; I am used to that behaviour I can ignore it.

    Say GG and leave the lobby immediately then you don't have to read anything negative. Also the game doesn't revolve around killer you could play survivor and relax for a bit.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I just bought auric cells to get the krampus skin, was excited, first game I get a super serious SWF with flashlights and I can't do -anything- just nothing at all all game. Can't pick anyone up no matter how hard I try, assuming I can even down, which I only got because they wanted to not de-rank from such an easy game for them.

    I wish they would have been outright toxic, then I could have just written it off, but apart from being a bit condescending they were mostly supportive; which makes it so much worse really.

    I feel like my new years resolution this year is to quit DBD, it's addicting, but it's causing me so much anxiety and depression there is no way it's healthy. I could just play survivor only, but I don't know if my interest would hold up.

    Is it possible to transfer your auric cells to someone's account if you contact support? I have a friend that could make better use of all the cells I have left.

    To borrow from AA,

    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

    This concept is harder to live by as you can see by all the people who struggle with it in life.

    There are things beyond our control and we need to learn what they are and to learn to accept them.

    In DBD, we need to accept that we will not win 100% of the time and that there are things beyond our control.

    MC has stated that DBD is supposed to frustrate players, which as you can see, it does very well.


    If you want to giggle, look up cyberpunk bugs...There are so many hilarious videos on that ######### show

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834556#Comment_1834556

    Say GG and leave the lobby immediately then you don't have to read anything negative. Also the game doesn't revolve around killer you could play survivor and relax for a bit.

    Yeah I was content playing survivor with people most of the day. Even when you have a hard loss, are camped or tunneled you never really feel "bullied" plus when you are with positive friends it's never a bad experience usually. I probably could keep playing survivor only.

    I imagine that's what I am going to do, but I really feel I need to find a way to kick this game for good. It's kinda hard because not ALL games are like that, so you think "Well maybe this one...." but then you get that again and it sours you for hours.

  • This helps me a lot btw guys, thanks for humouring me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834549#Comment_1834549

    Yeah, that is kinda the problem though. I keep coming back, I shouldn't be doing that.

    I feel like I should help kick start up a DBD Anonymous or something, for people struggling to quit this addicting but punishing game, when they feel it's affecting their mental well being...heh.

    Just be cautious when embarking like something like that.

    I’m not saying it’s a bad idea. It’s just that they’re usually a knife edge. It can very easily slip into a black hole every body slowly sinks deeper into.

    I’m not saying don’t. I’m saying take caution, and be self aware enough if something like that also becomes unhealthy.

  • This game is no different from other games, if you're not enjoying it don't play it.

    It's a hobby, not a job. Hades is an absolute gem of a game if you're taking suggestions and relativilly cheap

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    This game is no different from other games, if you're not enjoying it don't play it.

    It's a hobby, not a job. Hades is an absolute gem of a game if you're taking suggestions and relativilly cheap

    if you are not enjoying doing drugs, stop doing drugs...

    easier said than done...

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    This game is no different from other games, if you're not enjoying it don't play it.

    It's a hobby, not a job. Hades is an absolute gem of a game if you're taking suggestions and relativilly cheap

    Yeah I have Hades it is a lot of fun. You can lose over and over and still have fun so it was a good suggestion but I played it kinda to death already haha.

    I wish there was a game like DBD that would let me play the role of a horror icon, or a monster or such like how dbd and Evolve do, but be fair and enjoyable to play.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834658#Comment_1834658

    if you are not enjoying doing drugs, stop doing drugs...

    easier said than done...

    I'm sorry but comparing the chemical addiction of drugs to a game is not really right.

    Uninstalling it immediately creates a barrier before you can boot it up again and unlike drugs you can play other games to crave your addiction that don't have a negative impact

    This year wasen't the best but one thing we didn't have was a lack of good games.

    If anything if it feels like drugs to you it's like 17 alarm bells that you've been ignoring for 3 days that you need to stop

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834662#Comment_1834662

    I'm sorry but comparing the chemical addiction of drugs to a game is not really right.

    Uninstalling it immediately creates a barrier before you can boot it up again and unlike drugs you can play other games to crave your addiction that don't have a negative impact

    This year wasen't the best but one thing we didn't have was a lack of good games.

    If anything if it feels like drugs to you it's like 17 alarm bells that you've been ignoring for 3 days that you need to stop

    gaming addiction is a real thing

  • A reason more to take action. When it comes to addictions doing nothing isn't an option. Easy or not.

    If you feel you have this then contact a therapist and get diagnosed that will lead to treatment.

    I know a former drug addict and i also know that if they didn't went to get treated they wouldn't be here anymore.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834662#Comment_1834662

    I'm sorry but comparing the chemical addiction of drugs to a game is not really right.

    Uninstalling it immediately creates a barrier before you can boot it up again and unlike drugs you can play other games to crave your addiction that don't have a negative impact

    This year wasen't the best but one thing we didn't have was a lack of good games.

    If anything if it feels like drugs to you it's like 17 alarm bells that you've been ignoring for 3 days that you need to stop

    non-chemical addictions can be pretty awful too. When I was a kid it was my dad's gambling addiction that felt the worst , money needed to be hidden from him in various places or it was just gone, it was brutal - him also being a [REDACTED - too specific] addict seemed kinda tame in comparison, messed up as that sounds 😆

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834658#Comment_1834658

    Yeah I have Hades it is a lot of fun. You can lose over and over and still have fun so it was a good suggestion but I played it kinda to death already haha.

    I wish there was a game like DBD that would let me play the role of a horror icon, or a monster or such like how dbd and Evolve do, but be fair and enjoyable to play.

    I'm sad I missed out on evolve, I heard good things about it

  • Whatever you want to do in regards of the game is ultimately your choice, if anything doesn't make you feel good and actually causes you to feel really bad, take the necessary actions to protect yourself.

    In regards of your AC question: Once you have purchased them on your account, it is not possible to transfer them onto someone else's account.

    To everyone in general: If you share experiences, please don't go too in depth into specific kind of addictions especially as some are highly sensitive issues and are not fit for a gaming forum.

  • Ive always been a firm believer that your health comes before any game. The choice is yours.

  • If that hits you hard, run anti-bully build. Lightborn, Bamboozle, Mad Grit, NOED. It isn't really powerful, but it counters most of bullshit bullysquads can do against you.

  • The rift has caused me to grind more than before and when it's all over I'm so fed up with it all that I'm not even enjoying what I've unlocked in the grind. Leaving me to question why I did all that and why I will do it again when more content is released. This constant bhvr giving taking and giving can consume the player. I hope they lessen the grind somewhere because no way can they just keep piling it on right?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834549#Comment_1834549

    Yeah, that is kinda the problem though. I keep coming back, I shouldn't be doing that.

    I feel like I should help kick start up a DBD Anonymous or something, for people struggling to quit this addicting but punishing game, when they feel it's affecting their mental well being...heh.

    I got this feeling many times before with this game. I agree with you, you have to take some space from it. Maybe play actual competitive games for a while, see your skill rise and beat many players using what you've learned. It will make you realize in a game like DBD, you can only do so much yourself, even if you're in the killer role. Sometimes RNG or ridiculous things happen, and you remember that it's not wholly in your control to win.

    DBD isn't a competitive game, it's like Mario party, hosting a competitive nature but factors outside of skill often have direct influence on the outcome. Once you can separate yourself from your losses in this game again, you may be like me and come back with an overall better outlook... Then again even I get aggravated at this game to this day from time to time, so it's also entirely fair if you chose to never return.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834662#Comment_1834662

    I'm sorry but comparing the chemical addiction of drugs to a game is not really right.

    Uninstalling it immediately creates a barrier before you can boot it up again and unlike drugs you can play other games to crave your addiction that don't have a negative impact

    This year wasen't the best but one thing we didn't have was a lack of good games.

    If anything if it feels like drugs to you it's like 17 alarm bells that you've been ignoring for 3 days that you need to stop

    Just because an addiction isn't Chemical doesn't meant it isn't harmful..THC isn't Chemically addictive but there are people who go to rehab for Weed. Same goes for people with an addiction to fast food. It's about personality type, are you pre-disposed to addictive traits? Some people can potentially become addicted to anything.


    I would say DBD has that potential. If it alters your mood heavily, if it causes a major release of endorphins, if you feel like you can't go to long without it or to stop using it/losing at it would causes you to experience depression.. Well, what can I say? Those are classic signs of addiction

  • I'm with you, OP, I can't stand this ######### game right now. Time for a break and there's no telling if I'll come back.

  • i stop supporting this game with my money long ago

  • I will probably still watch some streamers though, it's fun enough to watch other people do what I'll never be able to/have the time to do. I'll have to live vicariously through them.