Dead by daylight being free

I have a question for everyone one @Peanits @PatBrutal @MandyTalk @Rizzo90 @not_Queen

how would you feel if you changed DBD’s price to $0.00 for all platforms forever cause think about it you have a lot of characters in this game that you all have to pay for, all this monetization I think this game would survive if it was free. If you don’t want to do it run an experiment like the bloodlust experiment change the price of dbd to free and see how many people come into the game in under a week if it succeeds keep the price free if not just go back to the normal price.

this is my opinion what is all your opinions about this?

Comments

  • Free to play = more hackers

  • I hope never gets free. for real, the game will get infected with hackers, already have hackers imagine being free. the game is fine as it is but they could have softer DLCS prices.... tbh.

  • The game is free on Xbox with Game Pass and has been for months.

  • @seki23 said:

    I hope never gets free. for real, the game will get infected with hackers, already have hackers imagine being free. the game is fine as it is but they could have softer DLCS prices.... tbh.

    ive seen 3 hackers, with 1729 hours, I don't think there would be a bunch more, I think the potential upside is bigger then the potential downside

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832237#Comment_1832237

    ive seen 3 hackers, with 1729 hours, I don't think there would be a bunch more, I think the potential upside is bigger then the potential downside

    all free games are infected with hackers, if is not totally infected ( and i have seen hackers in the past dont get me wrong what you saw are teh OBVIOUS ONES, but not everyone is so DUMB to show u he is hacking with so obvious hacking) some of them just slighty or moderately inrease repair speed, healing speed, and some other stuff that you wont be able to see, not everyone is insta healing in front of you man they dont want to get banned the game is expensive, especially if they spend lots of money on DLCS... but if the game was free damn. hackers everyday.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    The game is free on Xbox with Game Pass and has been for months.

    well is not free, you have to pay gamepass isnt it?. is like 12 dls with online gold. and there are barely any hacker on consoles so is not that huge of a deal, and not if u have to pay the gamepass service is not free. also isnt game pass changing constantly the games? you have no guarantee the game will be there next month.

  • @seki23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1832287#Comment_1832287

    all free games are infected with hackers, if is not totally infected ( and i have seen hackers in the past dont get me wrong what you saw are teh OBVIOUS ONES, but not everyone is so DUMB to show u he is hacking with so obvious hacking) some of them just slighty or moderately inrease repair speed, healing speed, and some other stuff that you wont be able to see, not everyone is insta healing in front of you man they dont want to get banned the game is expensive, especially if they spend lots of money on DLCS... but if the game was free damn. hackers everyday.

    I mean they can be, all they would have to do is up the anti cheat or just make the free part kyf or something so people can try the game out with friends and see if they like it

  • The game needs vastly stronger anti-cheat before F2P is considered, and I doubt BHVR would consider going F2P unless sales of the game have drastically slowed down or even stopped. I would rather them lower DLC prices if anything, even if only for the non-licensed DLCs (Since I imagine the licensing on those makes it hard to sell them cheap)

  • @Teacyn said:

    The game needs vastly stronger anti-cheat before F2P is considered, and I doubt BHVR would consider going F2P unless sales of the game have drastically slowed down or even stopped. I would rather them lower DLC prices if anything, even if only for the non-licensed DLCs (Since I imagine the licensing on those makes it hard to sell them cheap)

    Well making it F2P would contradict that cause of all the skins and monetization

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Free to play = more hackers

    Laughs in console.

  • I've seen many games I've loved go free to play and get absolutely overrun by hackers. No thank you.

  • I don't fancy more hackers thank you very much.

  • I think it would be cool if it were free, but again I have to agree about the hackers thing. No thank you.

  • If we put hacker hysteria away, I would say that games switch to f2p mode when it nessessary. It become nessessary after about 10 years from release. Or when dbd get some worthy competitors in its genre, which lead away a good portion of playerbase.

    At current state dbd in good position, so it doesn't need to think about f2p for a while.

  • Yeah DBD has absolutely no competition ATM, so there's even less reason to go f2p.