Does spirit need her stand still mindgame?
I dont want a discussion about how strong spirit is.
I juat want your opinion on standing still?
Is there a reason it should stay?
I dont want a discussion about how strong spirit is.
I juat want your opinion on standing still?
Is there a reason it should stay?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If it works, it works. So yeah?
Not many people fall for it, though.
No she shouldn't ❤️
There are many things in this game that the Spirit shouldn't have and this is indeed one of them.
No she absolutely should not be able to stand still like this. The reason why so many people wanted that sound bug to stay was because of this stupid stand still BS. She couldn't do that with the bug and it was so much better.
I think with falling for it you mean running to her. But isnt the problem that you never know whether she is phasing and she can do it forever.
No. Spirit is incredibly solid for a lot more reasons than her 'mindgame'. Her ability to catch up and travel the map is paralleled only by Nurse and Blight, and she's a lot easier to use. If they somehow nerfed the standing still mindgame, she would still be incredible.
I believe so. At times you can tell, but that’s only after you know she just phased.
I think even the sparkles on her body (an indication that she’s phasing) was removed. Don’t know it that’s a bug or not, but I don’t see it anymore. Playing as Spirit, I do notice a difference regarding that. I hope the removal isn’t intended.
I think her phasing sound used to work inside her terror radius in the ptb but killers cried and they removed it making the stand still a thing. Also, her vaulting had no animation and ppl would stand still for that too.
On the ptb she was incredibly weak, though I think this was more due to the fact that phasing took too long to recharge, was slower, and the noise was directional, not just because you knew when she was using her power. After having buff after buff after buff (then a very slight """"nerf"""") she's at the spot she's in today and she needs more changes imho to make her a lot less overbearing.
In my personal opinion, her "standing still" mindgame is very weak. The only people who complain about it are people who vault into her.
Standing still can be a good mindgame overall for every Killer, for example Otzdarva does one often where he will show his red light, turn around, and stand still. 2 seconds later, a survivor walks into him. Is that considered no skill and cheap? Of course not. You made a survivor think you're doing one thing when in fact you are doing another. That's all Spirit's fake phasing is, and why it's a perfectly valid and respectable mindgame just like any other. However, it's one of the easiest mindgames to outplay, since it's really easy to lose LOS or gain distance, forcing the Spirit to phase, which can be used against her.
It should stay in the game and people need to gain more than 2 brain cells when versing the Spirit
No the problem is not vaulting into her. When you play smart as spirit you stand still so that behind the survivor is the map border. Same how there is a better side to break the pallet. The spirit has now a safe hit without phasing when the survivor leaves the tile.
Now the survivor has limited choices. And while the spirit is only standing still she can see which choice the survivor is making.
But the point i want to make is that spirit dont need this mindgame same like she dont needed the old vault mindgame.
She goes completely and utterly invisible while moving almost as fast as Oni in Demon Dash.
What do you think?
The fact that Spirit players consider literally doing nothing some sort of "high level mindgame" should tell you all you need to know.
Well, that's not what most people are bitching about, yeah? Sure, that happens, but either way you're #########, doesn't matter if it's a Spirit or not. Just break the pallet and a free hit.
Also, the thing is, if you want to capitalize off of the survivor's lack of options, you have to phase at some point, and if the survivor jukes you as you phase, then you just lost a free hit when you COULD have broken the pallet and gotten a free hit. I really don't see the point ur trying to make here
Considering any killer can stand still and wait for survivors to run into them (works well at LT walls if you position your red stain correctly), I don't see why it's specifically an issue that Spirit can stand still for free hits.
Yes, cuz looking away (hiding red light) is so much more skillful -_-
The entire game doesn't sound skillful at all if you describe it at the most basic level. It requires a TON of context
Its about standing still in plain sight. I think its a huge difference.
Do you think spirit need it?
Stridor Spirit is unfair and has no counterplay but if you're talking about just standing still, no she shouldn't be able to do that. Making a survivor dance in front of you by zoning with your presence is severely bad design.
Why does it matter if it's done in plain sight vs out of sight? It's the same thing regardless. People only do the trick, because survivors fall for it.
I dont care about what people are bitching.
I want to determine how strong it is against decent survivor and i want to know whether spirit needs this tool.
And its a free hit bc spirit does not need to break the pallet. Other killer would lose time breaking the pallet.
Sure the survivor cannot move, but then he most guess perfectly when the spirit is phasing. Phasing is a strong ability when the survivor knows the spirit is phasing. So why make it harder?
It matters bc you cant break line of sight everywhere.