Flashlights should have a different effect on the Wraith when he is cloaked

Instead of stunning him, he should be exposed as if he was uncloaking for a short duration. Maybe like 10 seconds where the flashlights shine on him for at least 2-3 seconds. I mean how he slowly reveals himself when uncloaking, that is how the flashlights could work on a cloaked Wraith to keep it from ruining his stealth completely.

This would be better than burning the Wraith out of his cloak. I feel like this shouldn't even be a thing.

Besides, we can't have something like this keep the Wraith back by just a lil' bit since he is getting buffs soon.

Comments

  • Outdated mechanic that should have disappeared a long time ago.

  • It's weird to me how they removed being able to sabo Trapper's traps because they didn't want a killers ability to just be removed by survivors for bringing a perk or item, but the same thing happens to Wraith (and to a lesser extent Hag and Nurse) with flashlights. Lightburn is one of the most debilitating stuns in the game, just because it takes so long.

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    Outdated mechanic that should have disappeared a long time ago.

    And it doesn't even have a direct counter. Lighborn doesn't help against it and Wraith is already a rather weak killer. Bring 2 flashlights into the trial and you can harass him to death.

  • @_VTK_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824574#Comment_1824574

    And it doesn't even have a direct counter. Lighborn doesn't help against it and Wraith is already a rather weak killer. Bring 2 flashlights into the trial and you can harass him to death.

    Yep. I stopped playing Wraith recently since there's pretty much a flashlight user nearly every match right now and just really annoying having to deal with it every time.

  • @Greatamygdala said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824624#Comment_1824624

    Yep. I stopped playing Wraith recently since there's pretty much a flashlight user nearly every match right now and just really annoying having to deal with it every time.

    I did the same. I enjoyed playing Wraith, but since he's too weak in high ranks and vulnerable to flashlights, I'm maining Spirit now.

  • @_VTK_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824574#Comment_1824574

    And it doesn't even have a direct counter. Lighborn doesn't help against it and Wraith is already a rather weak killer. Bring 2 flashlights into the trial and you can harass him to death.

    You should be able to walk around the Survivor with a Flashlight. There isnt really a Perk that works against Lightburn, but you can avoid it.

    Which does not mean that this mechanic should stay. It should also not be replaced by something different, it should just be removed since it only affects two Killers and is really outdated.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824624#Comment_1824624

    You should be able to walk around the Survivor with a Flashlight. There isnt really a Perk that works against Lightburn, but you can avoid it.

    Which does not mean that this mechanic should stay. It should also not be replaced by something different, it should just be removed since it only affects two Killers and is really outdated.

    True, it is very easy to avoid the flashlight burn even with more than one person using it, but the fact that this is even a thing is pretty dumb.

  • They should remove it since there is a bug that Wraith doesn't uncloack after getting burn, my brother was on the EGC with a bunch of survivors with flashlghts and he couldn't move since Wraith didn't uncloack. So the survivors bullied him for two entire mins.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    They should remove it since there is a bug that Wraith doesn't uncloack after getting burn, my brother was on the EGC with a bunch of survivors with flashlghts and he couldn't move since Wraith didn't uncloack. So the survivors bullied him for two entire mins.

    You have a clip? I had that happen to me once like a year and a half ago and I assumed it was patched.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1824804#Comment_1824804

    You have a clip? I had that happen to me once like a year and a half ago and I assumed it was patched.

    Sorry. We haven't recorded it. And I can't recall exactly when it happended.


  • Untitled Image

    I...I seriously don't get it.

    If The Wraith has that one weakness, he can be ridiculously OP in other aspects to make up for it. Without a weakness, he has to be bland. That's how balancing works...