Deception Nerf is stupid and takes a lot of fun

I know Deception was bugged and you can jump instantly in the same locker you faked but...

why you changed it to this. I played it it with "quick and quiet" and "head on" and know it is literally not playable anymore. You have to wait 3 seconds after jumping into the next locker. This takes every mindgame potential and also take the whole fun about this perkbuild.

It was so much fun to play and gave you more depth to the game. Also you had a chance to mindgame at a locker.

Maybe you can reduce the cooldowntimer to a second or less but this at the moment is too much and not nice to play anymore.

Someone has some other or the same thoughts?

Pls fix it.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Honestly, I got PTSD from using Deception before the patch. I tend to button mash to perform actions and the perk locker sucked me on accident more than it ever helped me.

  • @gatsby said:

    Honestly, I got PTSD from using Deception before the patch. I tend to button mash to perform actions and the perk locker sucked me on accident more than it ever helped me.

    But if the timer is reduced to one second you have the chance to jump into the next locker with a fast vault and mindgame the killer more. I think these 3 Seconds are too much and take a lot of potential of the perk. :/ Moreover you do not smash the button 3 seconds after using the perk and on the other hand you have to learn not to smash the buttons.

  • I disagree. You know how people hate Spirit because she's mostly guesswork (she's really not, but for the sake of argument)? That was deception. It was literally a 50/50 on whether or not they actually entered the locker or if it was Deception, and not having any context clues to help Killers form a rational choice could waste a ton of the Killer's time, which we all know is too limited rn.

  • Yeah but Spirit is still in the game and Deception is now nerfed to hell.

    Works both ways. If you nerf Deception Spirit should be reworked. If you don't want to rework Spirit keep Deception as is.

  • @H_Blocks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1823021#Comment_1823021

    But if the timer is reduced to one second you have the chance to jump into the next locker with a fast vault and mindgame the killer more. I think these 3 Seconds are too much and take a lot of potential of the perk. :/ Moreover you do not smash the button 3 seconds after using the perk and on the other hand you have to learn not to smash the buttons.

    There's literally no disadvantage to button mashing in this game. If I want to perform an action at the first possible second, button mashing will let me do that. Helps me get those Spine Chill 6% faster vaults where the Killer misses by like 0.1 millisecond

  • @MythMage said:

    I disagree. You know how people hate Spirit because she's mostly guesswork (she's really not, but for the sake of argument)? That was deception. It was literally a 50/50 on whether or not they actually entered the locker or if it was Deception, and not having any context clues to help Killers form a rational choice could waste a ton of the Killer's time, which we all know is too limited rn.

    Spirit is not guesswork though? Ig uess you're right. When I get pulled off a gen without any warning, I didn't have the chance to guess.

  • @MythMage said:

    I disagree. You know how people hate Spirit because she's mostly guesswork (she's really not, but for the sake of argument)? That was deception. It was literally a 50/50 on whether or not they actually entered the locker or if it was Deception, and not having any context clues to help Killers form a rational choice could waste a ton of the Killer's time, which we all know is too limited rn.

    The killer could play around it by baiting the head on.

    Also,there aren't that many tiles that allow those kind of 50/50 mindgames.

    This perk actually rewarded the survivor for good execution but now it's pretty much down to "Dance with me" tier

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1823075#Comment_1823075

    The killer could play around it by baiting the head on.

    Also,there aren't that many tiles that allow those kind of 50/50 mindgames.

    This perk actually rewarded the survivor for good execution but now it's pretty much down to "Dance with me" tier

    Yeah thats it...

  • @MythMage said:

    I disagree. You know how people hate Spirit because she's mostly guesswork (she's really not, but for the sake of argument)? That was deception. It was literally a 50/50 on whether or not they actually entered the locker or if it was Deception, and not having any context clues to help Killers form a rational choice could waste a ton of the Killer's time, which we all know is too limited rn.

    I would prefere to play against Head on, quick and quiet and deception then ds, unbreakable and dead hard. Both would be playable and maybe some people decide to change there Perkbuild.

  • The dev's have no clue what they're doing. They took a fun, non op perk and made it not fun and too situational. Pretty good job so far.

  • I didn't realize, what did they change exactly? So after you successfully use deception you can't go into a locker for 3 seconds? Is that official and intentional or glitch? I haven't tried this perk yet since the patch today.

  • @Nicholas said:

    I didn't realize, what did they change exactly? So after you successfully use deception you can't go into a locker for 3 seconds? Is that official and intentional or glitch? I haven't tried this perk yet since the patch today.

    You can´t fast vault into a locker for 3 seconds after using the perk. You can walk into a locker slow but as I said not with a fast vault. :/

  • @MythMage said:

    I disagree. You know how people hate Spirit because she's mostly guesswork (she's really not, but for the sake of argument)? That was deception. It was literally a 50/50 on whether or not they actually entered the locker or if it was Deception, and not having any context clues to help Killers form a rational choice could waste a ton of the Killer's time, which we all know is too limited rn.

    Now once you realize the survivor has deception, you won't be tricked again. In a chase you simply know 100% that they did not quickly enter the locker because... they literally can't.

    'Deception' now seems absolutely pointless against knowledgeable killers.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    Yeah but Spirit is still in the game and Deception is now nerfed to hell.

    Works both ways. If you nerf Deception Spirit should be reworked. If you don't want to rework Spirit keep Deception as is.

    Simply too feed the whataboutism:

    It's like moris and keys. Moris/deception got changed/nerfed and keys/spirit will follow soon™️.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1823085#Comment_1823085

    Simply too feed the whataboutism:

    It's like moris and keys. Moris/deception got changed/nerfed and keys/spirit will follow soon™️.

    Maybe you should reply to MythMage, he's the one who brought up the Whataboutism'd, not me.

  • I tested this out a bit last night and I did find the 3 seconds a bit too long, I am sure it's something that can be adjusted by the team if need be though.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1823075#Comment_1823075

    Now once you realize the survivor has deception, you won't be tricked again. In a chase you simply know 100% that they did not quickly enter the locker because... they literally can't.

    'Deception' now seems absolutely pointless against knowledgeable killers.

    Yeah, and I recognize that. It's a fun perk, but it's like Dead Hard: you're only going to be fooled by it once, twice if you're a dumbass.

    @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1823971#Comment_1823971

    Maybe you should reply to MythMage, he's the one who brought up the Whataboutism'd, not me.

    I didn't bring in the whataboutism. I make a comparison to illustrate my point. EXTREMELY different situation.