Distortion needs a buff
With the Ruin/Undying meta and tons of tracking perks this perk is in desperate need a buff. 3 charges with no way to replenish them when you can't control when it goes off? It would be a great perk to use against Ruin + Undying.
Comments
Off the record is not too good of a perk. It requires you to be unhooked in order for you to get the effect. Its also only for 80 Seconds which is not too good and since you can only be hooked twice meaning you only get 2 uses out of it. From this it doesn't seem like a good substitution.
Yeah distortion needs some help
It combos really well with OoO.
Yeah but I don't think it has good synergy with anything else that I know off. It don't need a buff.
I'm surprised I don't see the combo anymore.
I think even giving it 5 or 6 tokens would make it a lot better. Or like you mentioned ways to earn tokens back
I'd love Distortion to regain tokens as well. Maybe a slower effect like the pebble currently does. If a trade off is needed, lower the max tokens to two, but I don't think that is necessary.
I do want a buff for distortion but when you think about it, isn't the point of running it not to hide but to find the killer's perks?
That is how I run it, if I pass through a totem and 1 stack goes then undying, if I'm healing close to the killer and 1 stack goes then nurses, if he hooked and 1 token goes then bbq.
I do wish there was a buff but currently as it is now it is really strong when paired with OoO especially with the new ruin/tinkerer/undying meta.
I've always thought Distortion tickets should have let your survivor mimic wraith bell noises and cloak for 30 seconds. The killer can still track you by listening for your survivor screaming like they're injured.
Maybe 4 tokens and add 5 more seconds per token.
But being able to replenish it is too much.
Just combine it w sole survivor.
It's not meant to make you immune to aura reading. It lets you find out what aura abilities the killer is using so you can counter them accordingly afterwards. Too many survivors have the philosophy that they should be immune from killers rather than adapt to them .
But the requirements to be hooked first in order to get the effect is not good. A hook state is bad and by the time you have gotten hooked your aura has been showed already to the killer by undying.
And even so this doesn't mean that the Distortion doesn't need a buff. Preventing the aura reading is good but it only have very little limited uses which can be gone in an instant if its the killer has multiple aura reading perks and addons or undying, the secondary effect is also weak as I don't see a lot of practical uses for the perk.
I can see your point but what about if the killer has multiple aura reading perks and addons that make it difficult to know what perks the killer has and adapt to it. Although now that you bring it up I feel a potentially better perk change would be to increase the perk tokens to 4 and when a token is consumed you see an icon of the perk that caused the icon to be consumed. Thats fair isn't it?
Literally never said the perk needed to be buffed to the point of immunity. But thanks for putting words in my mouth! 3 uses without the ability to regain them is no longer viable in the current undying/ruin meta. It either needs more uses without the ability to regain them or some type of way to get them back during the match. You can blow your distortion stacks just by running past two totems and one hook state. Sure, you have knowledge, but game-depending I might not have been able to make use of the perk.
It should be unlimited. I think it would make the game more interesting and cause killers to re-think whether they should use an aura perk every match.
Pass the perk is lazy and isn't healthy ill be blunt
Goes against their design philosophy. BHVR has been clearly nerfing stealth and hiding mechanics and has been buffing aura and detection abilities for years now.
We are never seeing a good perk that lets you hide from a killer or hide from their aura sight.
Should but this is only going to happen when pigs fly.
No, the point of distortion is to hide your aura. It just so happens that, due to bad design, most people run it to scout the killer's perks. When they even run it. The truth is most people don't even run this junk perk. I can't even remember the last time I saw a survivor use it in the endgame screen.
Like I said in another thread. I'd like the perk to turn into a risk/reward perk.
You start out with 3 token. To regain tokens you have to be in the killers terror radius or be within a 28m radius of the killer for 30 seconds. Getting chased will not give you progress towards a token. So you have to remain unseen, yet close to the killer, to get tokens.
Distortion and Coup De Grace are two sides of the same coin. They offer powerful effects, (Though, hiding an Aura is probably more powerful than extra lunge range) but they're terrible because of their limited uses. They both need extra ways to earn tokens. For Distortion, maybe safe unhooks and completed generators. For Coup De Grace, Hooks, and completed generators.
Other fixes for the perks could just be little QoL changes - making Distortion last longer so multiple tokens aren't used up during a single aura interaction. Make it so that with CDG, not activating that extra lunge range won't consume the token, as the only way to avoid eating up a token is to basically get in the survivor's face and M1.
I agree. I think that it would be great if Distortion had tokens and you would start with 3 tokens and you get an additional one for each totem you cleanse or for each person that you pull off a hook safely.
it should prevent the killer to see your aura always from more than 32m and 3 tokens within this area
I know the point is to hide the aura, I just think that hiding your aura can kill your team.
I just use distortion to find the killer's perks.
How about making it so the perk lights up like spine chill wen your aura is revealed. Much like hex perks i always hate perks that are one and done. The perks become to polarising and you end up with a busted or terrible perk. It can retain its tokens but a simple spine chill like passive might give it some cool qol changes.
You don’t need distorsion to this. It’s always b&c, ruin, undiying and tinkerer. Touch a gen and if you see there”s no regression it”s pgtw
Believe it or not, there are other perks than those, and if it's not undying you won't lose a stack for going close to a totem.
#BUFFDISTORTIONPLZ