Enough with the phantom grabs. Give me the grab or the hit, not a "maybe next time" hover hand.
Speaks for itself really.
Speaks for itself really.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The only time I get grabs are from lockers or attempts to unhook in my face.
Other than that, its always the phantom grab on generators, pallets, etc.
I agree. I miss when dedicated servers weren't a thing and I could actually grab survivors. Even when they jump out a locker it does that dumb phantom animation
I have an undetectable build and it hurts getting the grab animation only for the survivor to run away a second later.
I had what should have been 2 grabs taken away from me in a single game which was really fun :)
Last week I think it was I had a match with 5 phantom grabs and only 2 grabs that followed through. This garbage shoulder-pat feature needs to be fixed: I'm not there to reassure them that it's safe to work on the generator, I'm there to stop them.
But survivor enjoy their back and shoulder massages 😉
Yh i love phantom grabs. One survivor dropped the pallet in front of me without stunning me and vaulted to my side. I attack, grab animation, he triggers lithe, runs away and im stuck in animation for 5 seconds.
I guess i got outplayed.
I'm glad it's not just me.
This is really really annoying so I understand the frustration. I get denied grabs a lot too and it feels extremely bad. But someone is gonna be mad however they handle grab latency - either the killer gets a hover hand, or the survivor gets grabbed from nothing. Stuff like this (and worse) would happen all the time: https://mobile.twitter.com/No0b3_tv/status/1273395003541221377
This game just wasn’t designed for servers considering how much stuff is so dependent on timing. Stalking, grabs, hitting window vaults, Dead Hard - when a fraction of a second can be the difference between a whiff and a down, the extra latency servers introduced can feel totally game breaking.
Thisssssssss. The worst is that I'm usually not even trying to get a grab. I'm trying to get a fast attack in a situation where the survivor vaults into my face or unhooks right in front of me or something, and then it turns into a grab, and then my camera gets moved, and then it's not a grab and I just stand there confused while they run away.
Is this something that theoretically gets fixed with hit validation or no?
*Slaps Dwight's back*
This bad boy can fix all five gens in this trial!