I’m part of the 0.2% club.
I got the Adept Twins trophy today.
Feels good. Particularly because, ironically the match before getting the Adept was the most awful, despondent, miserable match I had experienced so far since playing as Twins since their release. I achieved this at rank 5, against red ranks btw.
Say what you will about their perks, but when repeatedly attempting an Adept, a player gets intimately familiar with a characters perks, and personally I really, really like them.
Oppression:
I think some people are completely overblowing the severity of the cooldown. 80 seconds flies in this game. Having the opportunity to apply some sort of pressure across 4 gens SIMULTANEOUSLY at fairly regular intervals, with the potential to gain valuable information on where survivors are is INVALUABLE to any killer that cannot quickly traverse the map. All from a single kick. I personally get great value out of Oppression. It has been way more effective for me in practice than it reads on paper.
Hoarder:
I LOVE this perk, purely for the surprise factor. I think this is going to be the kind of info perk that survivors are going to very rarely anticipate or figure out that this perk is being used for quite a long time. Almost always when it procs and I act upon it, that survivor is usually in an unprepared, compromised position. This perk is at its most beautiful when it gives away a survivor in the basement. This used to be the one reason I used to use Territorial Imperative, but comparatively Hoarder gives me my intended outcome more reliably. One successful hook in the basement is enough for me to confidently say I got value out Hoarder (even though I get more value out of it than that). Be brutally honest, even without camping the basement, a hook down there dramatically pushes the match in the killers favour. Hoarder helps me “engineer” that.
Coup De Gráce:
Here’s the real surprise: Coup De Gráce is a WAY more better perk than I expected, especially with the surprising reduction on distance from PTB despite its already restrictive conditions. I get the feeling a lot of the killer community put a lot of stock into gen slow down with little regard into things that can help end chases as fast as possible. Coup De Gráce is a wonderful example of how when considered, intelligent thought is put into how to get the most value out of a perk, it gives a really big pay off. Firstly, it really forced me to be way more attentive of being conservative of when I lunge. Secondly, it also got me to focus on ensuring I only lunge at INJURED survivors. With these 2 factors in mind, in circumstances where I would identify its 100% appropriate to lunge, such as a survivor about to take a vault, or I had successfully baited out a dead hard, Coup De Gráce 100% guaranteed a down. Every time, no question. For any killer that relies on their basic weapon being unquestionably, guaranteed a down up to 5 times per match at loops that would otherwise be 50/50 whether a lunge misses or not is nothing to be laughed at.
Here are my thoughts and analysis. By no means am I any authority on anything. These are just my opinions and observations.
Comments
If you wanna catch survivors in the basementuse teritorial imoeritive
@TheClownIsKing Im also suprised about Coup De Grace, its a very fun perk,
That’s far less reliable. It’s currently bugged. It doesn’t give the audio cue at the moment, and sometimes it just doesn’t trigger at all despite being definitely outside of 32m from the basement.
It’s harsh restrictions make much more sense when it’s realised that if it’s used thoughtfully, it’s very powerful in guaranteeing a down.
idk, i heard the audio cue the other day
Imagine putting someone down for something you think doesn't matter. Why do you care then if the achievements are old? Let this person be proud of themselves. Are you 13?
Lol. Doubt.
12 hooks doesn't equal merciless. Just shows you don't know what you are talking about. You can get 12 hooks and not double pip.
It's only rare because it's new, like it's one of the easiest adepts to do.
My dude, you're acting like I give a ######### about how scores happen--I don't. I just play the game and in my experience it's not that difficult to get merciless. But not giving a ######### and still doing as good as someone that's trying their ass off is probably why this is a fully unimpressive achievement to me.
Sorry if you're busting your own ass to get a meaningless steam achievement that anyone can get if they play for a day.
Adept Twins is one of the easiest to do?!
I think you need to see a doctor.
Took me 6 games with 4k, to get enough pips to get this achievement.
Imo it should req 4 dead survivors😁 with no focus on emblems
I want the achievement. But I don't want do to it..😟
I tend to use Victor too far away.. and its so fast for survivors to remove him
Yes it is. I'm playing without any perks and it's easy 4k unless they get lucky with the hatch. I just need to level her up and unlock 3 perk slots and use her useless perks.
I can’t take you seriously sorry.
Don't worry, you'll get better
I love playing the Twins too, but this post gives off some seriously weak chin vibes. First off, the only reason this perk is rare is because the Twins are new and most people don't even want to play them in their currently bugged state. I mean, I'm not saying that you shouldn't be happy you got the achievement, but the fact that you made a whole forum post about it is so god awful and cringe. And, that is coming from someone who also has the same achievement. However, when I saw that, I just thought to myself, "Cool." You really had to go and make a whole paragraphs-long bragging post. Yikers.
I mean you have no credibility. You can’t claim it’s easy when you yourself admitted that you haven’t got the Adept yet because you don’t have all their perks.
They’ve been out almost a week now, and it takes next to no BP at all to get a killer to level 10 to equip all 3 teachables.
You are just a charlatan. That’s why I can’t take you seriously.
Congrats, man. I enjoy unlocking the achievements, too. Got all the new ones so far except the pallet-saves one, and I'm working on unlocking Elodie's teachables so that I can put Power Struggle on someone else and maybe actually have a chance to use it. Then, I'll be back to just having the one unreachable achievement: Skilled Huntress.
Well done.
Yeah I’ll probably never get that one with Huntress either. I don’t like her, and I’m no good with her either.
The problem with the adept achievements on most killers is you need to get lucky and get a completely braindead team that will give you both the Iri gatekeeper and chaser
Yeah, I'm terrible with Huntress. I'm sure it doesn't help that the TV is at an angle from where I can sit and I just cannot get used to where the exact center is, plus after all this time I still aim too low. 100 freaking downs. If I were Zeus I'd be throwing lightning bolts at everyone responsible for this dang achievement's existence, including those behind Sony's stupid policy.