Power Moves is a badly designed achievement
The latest patch includes a new achievement, Power Moves:
Equip 0 perks, repair generators for a total of 1 full repair and escape 8 times in public matches.
You need to play as Survivor, with no perks, repair the equivalent of at least one full generator and escape. You need to do this 8 times in total.
When you play as Survivor, do you want a teammate who is running no perks, or do you want a teammate that is using perks?
When you are playing Survivor, and you want to play normally, you can be disadvantaged by another player on your team, because that player is going for an achievement. I think that's bad design. Your team is weakened for reasons outside of your control (= someone doing this achievement) and there is not really any way to prevent that.
It should have been a Killer achievement instead: Kill everyone Survivor without using add-ons, offerings or perks. Do this 8 times.
You need to play seriously to get this achievement, so you are not ruining the game for the Survivors, even though you make them play against a significantly weakened killer.
Comments
The achievement isn't that bad. Perks aren't even that important for survivor gameplay. I've had worse teammates running all 2nd chance perks than I have with a few teammates I ran into running no perks.
When something is hard for survivors you feel it should be reworked to killers having to deal with it instead?
All of the Adept killer achievements are very difficult at high ranks.
Killer Adepts are insanely hard at high ranks, besides you can't really apply this to Killer seeing as their powers are vastly different. It'd be waaaay easier to do this on Spirit or Hag compared to Clown or Trapper.
I think this is actually one of the most interesting and fun achievements, its a test of individual skill (no 2nd chance perks, no info perks, nothing to help you except what every Survivor has in a match).
My post is not about the difficulty for the player doing the achievement, it's about other Survivors being screwed over because someone is severely limiting themselves by attempting the achievement. That player is less useful to the team than someone using a full perk loadout.
"I dont like this. Make killers do it"
It sounds challenging but not too hard
And I've still had far worse teammates running 4 2nd chance perks than I have had with survivors running no perks. Survivors really don't need perks and thinking your teammates are automatically going to be less useful because they aren't running perks is a wrong mindset.
Yeah I knew that this would lead to a lot of upset teammates from the moment the description was released. Not a well designed trophy at all.
Don’t make Killers do it though! The Adepts are already bad enough.
Hard disagree, perks are useless if the Survivor is garbage. No perk can substitute a good Survivor who can do gens quickly, loop Killers, etc. Most perks just make the game easier for Survivors (Iron Will, Exhaustion, etc.), speed up the game (Prove Thyself) or give 2nd chances. A great Survivor doesn't need to make the game easier, they're already good enough to not rely on those perks.
Plus you're still allowed items and offerings, which can make the game easier/faster. Is it easy? No, but again its a challenge to Survivors to see if they're only good with their perks or not.
shut up i did this as a solo in rank 2 in console
there is a reason it's called power move and why it is a achievement.
See:
This is a terribly designed achievement and neither survivors nor killers should have to endure something like that.
I'd say it's par for the course with the quality of the entire update it came with.
For Killer I think it would be fine because you are not screwing over your teammates if you are going for it.
Running perkless ain't hard the game gets really hard if no mither is your only perk tho
Yeah I agree the perk does encourage u to play selfish but its a difficult challenge I wish they would make achievements for a complete build and escape (and not the adept ones which is similar) like a healer achievement but one thing i love about this game is they release achievements each chapter update i wish they would make more though.
no one is talking about how easy or hard it is to run perkless. The post is about how the game is a lot more annoying for everyone else that has to be in the match with someone who wants to get that achievement simply because they're not as well-equipped.