Clowns power rework | Theory
From what we saw on the Q&A stream I have an idea on how the Clown's power works now!
He now has two (Or maybe multiple) bottles of After Piece Tonic, each have different color.
They will probably have different effects! Like the current pink one has slowdown, the orange one can be Exposed, or some different status effect.
Also it looks like that you can mix them up! Since when throwing the orange bottle at the pink one made a white smoke.
It doesn't look like the Clown will get the insta reload, like I saw most people say, that was probably just a place holder animation!
That's my theory, what do you think?
Comments
We know from a leaked add-on that there is now an afterpiece tonic and an afterpiece antidote. It'll be interesting to see what the two do.
Ah, I saw that reload animation as a possible auto-reload, but I may be wrong. Either way, it definitely will be interesting to see what happens.
I think it'll be something like:
Afterpiece Tonic: Slow Down
Afterpiece Antidote: Movement Speed buff?
I can't see an "antidote" as being offensive. But who knows?
Tonic definition: a medicinal substance taken to give a feeling of vigor or well-being.
By definition, a tonic makes someone feel good, so maybe the antidote is the same. It will, in a sense, make them feel so good they get weak, like the Afterpiece Tonic
I think that could be the animation for switching between the antidote and tonic
Yea. That's why I said "Its BHVR".
I should have clarified it by saying that they turned a "tonic" into an offensive tool already so it wouldn't be surprising.
My question is what button are they gonna use? Like, M2 to throw, CTRL to swap, slow but passive reload?
Updated gas physics; functions as a slowly expanding circle over the duration rather than several "gas blobs" with their own momentum.
Passive reloads (but only one bottle?)
Two kinds of gas
my guess is you'll use the tonic first and it works similar to now, but using the antidote after will negate that, but apply a worse debuff.
I'm pretty sure it's not what you think it is. If you take a look at the leaked add-on, you can clearly see that it replaces Afterpiece Antidote bottles with Party Bottles. "Party Bottles", as we saw in the video, the gas was in rainbow colours. That may be the party bottles that was mentioned in the add-on.
I think there's something wrong with that assumption, considering that the description of that very clearly states it replaces the gas with confetti. I'd also like to note not only the different name, Afterpiece Antidote instead of Tonic, but also the demonstration video made a noise akin to switching items. Afterpiece Antidote appears to just be a new bottle entirely that the clown can throw which will induce a different effect.
I think orange will apply deep wound when clown hits them with a weapon while survivor is intoxicated
So, it's gonna be worthless. Noice
Was some game play shown in the stream, and if so, does anyone have a time stamp? I've been bouncing around through it, but cannot find anything about it.
Please no.
https://clips.twitch.tv/HandsomePuzzledAirGuitarPeteZarollTie
In case someone wants to see the Clown rework teaser:
https://youtu.be/LWvm82j3Ek0Wait did I just see things? I thought I saw the gas shifting in rainbow colours, I am so confused. I 100% saw it, for real! (when I watched the stream while it was live)
If by "rainbow" you mean the classic pink with the first bottle and a shift from white to orange with the second bottle, then yes. This shift in color could mean that the bottle has some sort of wait time before it can actually induce its effect.
My theory would be to have the regular bottles with the pink clouds to do the same thing but the white cloud could damage the survivors if they stay in it for too long.
So something like Acid Clouds?
Yeah possible.
A little buggy looking, but that's to be expected from an early teaser for the PTB
Leaked Clown's changes:
- Considerably increased The Clown's belly size. As a result, decreased base movement speed from 115% to 110%.
- Tremendously increased The Clown's laughing volume. The Clown's laughing and vault noises are now obnidirectional and can be heard from anywhere on the map.
- Slightly increased the possibility for the Clown to screw up the knife trick animation after successfully hitting a survivor, resulting the Clown to cut off one of his fingers. The Clown will then enter an animation in which he picks up the finger, lick it and add it to his collection. For each finger collected, 50 bonus bloodpoints will be awarded to the killer at the end of the match.
All you need to know is Clown might be marginally better, Freddy going back to F-tier. Getting another Billy-level gutting. i mean... rework.
An idea for a different gas effect that wouldn’t be worth a completely new power could be inversed input? Sonif surv press left they go right and vice versa. would be hard get out of the cloud if it changes directly after you get out..
So, I want to point out a few things from a game design PoV.
When you see the orange cloud, it's not orange at first. It's white. That's a WARNING. A "HEY, LOOK OUT". A telegraph. That is letting whoever is in the white cloud know that it's not going to be very wholesome in there for very long. As such, my guess is that the orange is a burning gas. The Survivor has a short period of time to GET OUT AND STAY OUT or else that gas will burn them. My GUESS is that it will reduce a Survivor from Health to Injured. Doubt it will go any lower, as that might make it a bit strong. This will make Clown much more aggressive in a chase, as he will now be able to Injure a Survivor on the move. Big yikes. I doubt it will be able to make a Survivor go into the Dying state, however, because that would introduce the lovely and family friendly concept of "NUKE IT FROM ORBIT", where a Clown could just unload on an area to glass it.
This is my theory based on the white-to-orange seen in the video. It's clearly showing a warning phase before activating fully, which leads me to believe damage is involved.
Ty, by the way