Is this the worst chapter release ever in this game?

Has more bugs than PTB, with no addressing anything about it, because It WiLl Be ExCitInG fOr ThE rEvEaL gUyS. Twins is unplayable, all of the new survivor perks are unusable, 2-3 other killers, like legion, has also caught the bugged code virus. Perks can't even be used. Game is not even playable on some platforms. And much, MUCH more.

All i'll say is...play Don't Starve Together for a game that has competent devs that care about their playerbase, and releases update nearly bug free, and changes stuff accordingly that players have problems with. At the very least their updates are finished. (I know they are not the same genre, but if an indie team with less members and less money can do it, so can this game. I know the devs can do better, they just need to be willing to do so)

Comments

  • Nah, nothing trumps Legion fiasco. Still, that doesn't mean this chapter doesn't have so many problems that need fixing.

  • Yes, the twins are the worst killer, horrible power, the weakest killer in dbd, the only good thing about this update was ormond rework and autohaven.

  • @Kebek said:

    Nah, nothing trumps Legion fiasco. Still, that doesn't mean this chapter doesn't have so many problems that need fixing.

    Yes, The Darkness Among Us is a worst chapter, but this has a worse release.

  • How exactly Legion bugged? Out of curiosity.

  • @Kebek said:

    Nah, nothing trumps Legion fiasco. Still, that doesn't mean this chapter doesn't have so many problems that need fixing.

    Freddy was so broken that he had to be emergency nerfed and kept nerfed until a complete rework could be done.

    On the other hand Ormond had to be disabled because it was causing crashes, and Legion was also completely busted and had to be reworked, though only lightly compared to Freddy. I think because for the Legion chapter a killer and a map were broken whereas for Freddy it was just a killer, I agree with you that the Legion chapter was the worst one.

  • @Rattman said:

    How exactly Legion bugged? Out of curiosity.

    He's slower in Frenzy, I tested it out with buddies in KYF.

    I hit 2 people with my Frenzy and it initiates the Frenzy Cooldown without letting me go for a 3rd.

  • It's all riding on the power of the killer, the perk balance, and the map balance. Everything else seems fine.

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    Has more bugs than PTB, with no addressing anything about it, because It WiLl Be ExCitInG fOr ThE rEvEaL gUyS. Twins is unplayable, all of the new survivor perks are unusable, 2-3 other killers, like legion, has also caught the bugged code virus. Perks can't even be used. Game is not even playable on some platforms. And much, MUCH more.

    All i'll say is...play Don't Starve Together for a game that has competent devs that care about their playerbase, and releases update nearly bug free, and changes stuff accordingly that players have problems with. At the very least their updates are finished. (I know they are not the same genre, but if an indie team with less members and less money can do it, so can this game. I know the devs can do better, they just need to be willing to do so)

    Be careful with your use of the word competent.

    I got jailed for calling them incompetent about a week ago. Not sure if it'll happen with your post, but just saying, be careful.

  • Bugged code virus? What exactly is that and who are the other Killers affected by it?

    This is the first chapter that I'm not buying on release because of how buggy it is.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1786095#Comment_1786095

    Freddy was so broken that he had to be emergency nerfed and kept nerfed until a complete rework could be done.

    On the other hand Ormond had to be disabled because it was causing crashes, and Legion was also completely busted and had to be reworked, though only lightly compared to Freddy. I think because for the Legion chapter a killer and a map were broken whereas for Freddy it was just a killer, I agree with you that the Legion chapter was the worst one.

    legion release was all over the place bro i remember in the ptb everyone was like "worst killer in the game" then people found out about the franks mixtape and deep wounds study


    man it was a wild time in dbd

  • Legion was way worse tbh

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    Has more bugs than PTB, with no addressing anything about it, because It WiLl Be ExCitInG fOr ThE rEvEaL gUyS. Twins is unplayable, all of the new survivor perks are unusable, 2-3 other killers, like legion, has also caught the bugged code virus. Perks can't even be used. Game is not even playable on some platforms. And much, MUCH more.

    All i'll say is...play Don't Starve Together for a game that has competent devs that care about their playerbase, and releases update nearly bug free, and changes stuff accordingly that players have problems with. At the very least their updates are finished. (I know they are not the same genre, but if an indie team with less members and less money can do it, so can this game. I know the devs can do better, they just need to be willing to do so)

    I had a lot of faith in BHVR to fix everything that was wrong with this killer because of Ghostface who was a complete failure the first week of the PTB, but than they turned him around and fixed him!

    Aside from the non-shocking bugs, imo this is the worse chapter I have ever experienced and I'm glad I'm taking a break from this game and have no interest in buying The Twins

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209822/is-this-the-worst-chapter-release-ever-in-this-game

    I had a lot of faith in BHVR to fix everything that was wrong with this killer because of Ghostface who was a complete failure the first week of the PTB, but than they turned him around and fixed him!

    Aside from the non-shocking bugs, imo this is the worse chapter I have ever experienced and I'm glad I'm taking a break from this game and have no interest in buying The Twins

    You have too much faith in this company.

    I expected nothing and I'm still not disappointed, just....meh.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209822/is-this-the-worst-chapter-release-ever-in-this-game

    I had a lot of faith in BHVR to fix everything that was wrong with this killer because of Ghostface who was a complete failure the first week of the PTB, but than they turned him around and fixed him!

    Aside from the non-shocking bugs, imo this is the worse chapter I have ever experienced and I'm glad I'm taking a break from this game and have no interest in buying The Twins

    You need to lower your expectations. Or take a programming course.

  • No, Legion's is still worse. From a technical standpoint this may be the worst. But... Old Legion nearly killed this game. It's pretty hard to beat that.

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/209822/is-this-the-worst-chapter-release-ever-in-this-game

    Be careful with your use of the word competent.

    I got jailed for calling them incompetent about a week ago. Not sure if it'll happen with your post, but just saying, be careful.

    I didn't say the DBD devs are incompetent, I said that the other company (Klei) were competent.

  • Y'know, I'll at least give them credit that the frame rate seems to be pretty stable on the updated Autohaven maps so far (haven't seen new Ormond yet today). That's pretty impressive considering how heavily performance dipped on Badham, Yamaoka, and MacMillan (on console) when their visual updates first appeared.

    Plus I think the Twins' launch trailer is pretty solid. Though these are usually quality cinematics, so I guess it's just par for the course.

    But yeah, not super satisfied with how much of the new content seems to not be working as intended on launch. I'm happy to have the new maps and Elodie, but I really wouldn't have been bothered if they'd delayed the release of the killer and all the perks to polish them up a little further.

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    Has more bugs than PTB, with no addressing anything about it, because It WiLl Be ExCitInG fOr ThE rEvEaL gUyS. Twins is unplayable, all of the new survivor perks are unusable, 2-3 other killers, like legion, has also caught the bugged code virus. Perks can't even be used. Game is not even playable on some platforms. And much, MUCH more.

    All i'll say is...play Don't Starve Together for a game that has competent devs that care about their playerbase, and releases update nearly bug free, and changes stuff accordingly that players have problems with. At the very least their updates are finished. (I know they are not the same genre, but if an indie team with less members and less money can do it, so can this game. I know the devs can do better, they just need to be willing to do so)

    Remember Legion? Yeah.

  • Worst chapter release? Maybe. Worst killer release? Not even close. Legion is on the top of the list on that one.

  • From a quality standpoint, this is 100% the low point as far as I can remember. This is terrible, especially for a 4 year old game. Complete disregard for the customer. Imagine not being tuned into patch notes, content creators, etc, and unknowingly buying this DLC in its current state. I say this as someone who has poured hundreds of dollars into this game. This had no business being released.

    As others have said though, worst chapter is the Legion chapter. Never has a killer been more hated than OG Legion.

  • Worst chapter release I would say. I really dislike the new reworks as they pretty much killed the smooth gameplay that Autohaven had, and now a bunch of ormond pallets are way too unsafe.

    Killer release though, Legion is still the highest as he was literally fundamentally broken.

  • In terms of pushing a blatantly unfinished product and making an exclusively negative impact on gameplay, yes.