Unpopular Opinions

I'm probably gonna get alot of hate for mine, but this is just a post for all of your unpopular opinions.

-Spirit is fun to play and verse, has limited but existing counterplay, and takes more skill than "hur de dur just have good headphones"

-Ruin/Undying overrated af. It's way too inconsistent, and I've had most of my games where Undying breaks first.

-Legion isn't easy and is way stronger than people give her credit for.

-The Hillbilly is boring to verse and annoying to play.

-NOED is not as strong as people say

-Knock Out is actually really strong

-Spine Chill is the best survivor perk in the game (other than perks like DS and Unbreakable that cover up your mistakes, but ######### those perks)

-DS should be base kit and not have a timer, but disables whenever you progress the game at all (like healing or doing gens)

-Unbreakable is the unhealthiest survivor perk in the game, and shouldn't exist

-Freddy isn't brain dead easy, but he isn't as difficult as any other killer

-Demo is the worst killer in the game

-Stealth is a viable tactic, but immersion is for potatoes

-Gideon Meat Plant (The Game) is a very fun map for both sides

-Old Nurse was balanced

-Being bullied by toxic SWF is OK as long as they don't do generators

-Finishing a generator in the killer's face, especially with Adrenaline or DS, is punishable by malicious tunnel and facecamp

-DSing the killer even if they didn't tunnel is punishable by malicious tunnel and facecamp.

-Trapper players are the worst players, in relation to both their skill and how scummy they play. Only exception is Otzdarva, don't @ me.

-Rotten Fields is 10x worse than Haddonfield

Comments

  • You don't need addons / items to win. As killer they won't do a big difference and as surv everything you need is already in the trial.

  • @DaKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1784577#Comment_1784577

    "There's always a trap you could have placed better"

    ....that applies to Trapper as well??

    Huntress could in theory be lobby hatchets up into the skybox and back down on survivors, etc.

    I find Hag super easy. Where you place your traps hardly matters if you are fast enough at taking them. Any chokepoint or pallet near the 3 gen or hook will do. And if you do scrollwheel? Ridiculously easy, playing her to me is mainly up to if you have the patience to sit around camping all game.

    I think rusty shackles hag is actually one of the easiest killers in the game to 4k with. No effort required at all really. With that you don't even have to be quick at taking the traps, just lay them and collect your free hits.

    Trapper has other issues that hold him back, namely his very low map pressure and aspect of luck when escaping a trap.

    I'm going to say thin only one more time: Skill ceiling has NOTHING to do with how hard a killer is. It refers to how good you can get at a certain killer. And hag is a killer you have to be very big brained with if you aren't cheesing with Rusty Shackles.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1784592#Comment_1784592

    Trapper has other issues that hold him back, namely his very low map pressure and aspect of luck when escaping a trap.

    I'm going to say thin only one more time: Skill ceiling has NOTHING to do with how hard a killer is. It refers to how good you can get at a certain killer. And hag is a killer you have to be very big brained with if you aren't cheesing with Rusty Shackles.

    I still don't agree with that. She is mechanically simple to play compared to plenty of other killers. The game itself describes her as "intermediate" difficulty.

    The hardest thing you have to do with Hag is pretend you are going to take a trap and then not take it at a loop. That's it. It's not that difficult.

    Other than that it's mashing control or scrollwheel fast enough to get guaranteed hits at your traps. It literally does not matter where the trap was placed at the loop if you are instantly teleporting to it. If you are super slow at taking your traps than the placement matters more but she has been one of the highest kill rate killers for an extremely long time, and it's not because all hag players are huge brain gods or something. It is because her kit is super strong and relatively easy to be successful with.

  • @Zaytex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1783256#Comment_1783256

    Hag has counter-play, as does Blight.

    There is no counter play to Freddy's teleport, or his snares around a loop. It's like Clown, you drop the pallet extremely early or get hit. His teleport can't be deactivated and the free mechanic he has to put survivors asleep with the clock on the UI grants free slow-down without doing anything and the only counter-play is to walk across the entire map in a meta where ruin removes an entire generator's progress in around a minute.

    He's stupidly strong and is the easiest killer to use.

    Freddy can't teleport to blocked gens, run repressed alliance. It's also useful against pop and ruin. Just an overall underrated perk imo

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1784479#Comment_1784479

    Yes. that's a well-designed killer if I've ever seen one, and I have seen blight

    Behaviour did a good job with their 10th chapter at release

    while I'm all for Deep Wounds actually being threatening, I gotta agree with @GoodBoyKaru here. Launch Legion wasn't that great for either side. I wish it went back to working based off TR, but definitely not based on chase. That's a flawed design

  • @MythMage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1784844#Comment_1784844

    while I'm all for Deep Wounds actually being threatening, I gotta agree with @GoodBoyKaru here. Launch Legion wasn't that great for either side. I wish it went back to working based off TR, but definitely not based on chase. That's a flawed design

    Issue with terror radius is undetectable/oblivious. Imagine legion with Nemesis or Beast Of Prey (ik lol), return of old legion. They want to make DW more threatening too but the main issue is that Doctor's T3 madness prevents you mending so it can't be too harsh.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1784479#Comment_1784479

    Yes. that's a well-designed killer if I've ever seen one, and I have seen blight

    Behaviour did a good job with their 10th chapter at release

    Screenshot_20201127_203313.jpg


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1784857#Comment_1784857

    Lol bro you know I'm joking right

    Nobody is going to genuinely see an exploit as well-design

    if it was up to me I'd make a completely new status effect for legion which reduces the speed you do gens while afflicted with it instead of making you blind

    You've said that old legion was balanced for so long I genuinely believed you omg-

    Also, I have a (2 year long) history on these forums of always taking the bait. I'm the definition of "missed the joke" lmao.

  • I agree with a lot, except for haddenfield. While rotten is trash for any non movement killers, Hadden is so mindbogglingly trash it confuses me. I legit have gens done in front of me while trying to make my way to them, and then have survivors tbag me on the roof ready to balanced away if I try to reach them. Too many survivor sided interactions like the car pallet, house loop and most of the main houses in general. Please bhvr, fix or remove hadden thanks pls :)

    • Nurse/Spirit/Hag are not anywhere near as broken as people say, they just require more thought than looping the same area for 20 years because you got a lucky pallet spawn.
    • Unbreakable is more annoying than DS by a wide margin. Dead Hard is a close second.
    • Bubba is a lot stronger than people make out.
    • Not that unpopular, but Freddy should be entirely reworked or removed from the game.
  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1784282#Comment_1784282

    Trapper, Oni, and Huntress are not high skill ceiling killers.

    A skill ceiling defines how good you can get at a certain killer. Hag's is almost infinite. There's always a trap you could've placed better. In some games with, say, Oni, there was nothing you could've done better. Skill ceiling has nothing to do with how hard a killer is.

    hag may be better than say huntress and trapper but most of the hag's play is teleing as fast as possible and putting your traps in loops. trapper's traps has below half the range of hags traps and less of the them by default in addition to not starting with them and not automatically getting them back when used

  • @DeliciousFood said:

    -Oni's crappy camera when in a blood fury is a very stupid way to give his power some skill ceiling. I don't think he needs any limits when he's in his super mode.

    -Nurse is completely unbalanced and that is fine, because vs'ing her isn't even playing DBD anymore.

    -Huntress is not that good of a killer, carried by bad hitboxes and overzealous mains that were rejected from CS:GO. Giving her more strict hitboxes like with deathslinger (although still more generous give how fast he is) would send her to bottom tier, even with better hatchet reloading.

    -Hag is dumb and this is a popular opinion but I wanted to say that to those who defend her in this thread. Hah, I win, bums.

    -Demogorgon has a lot of potential and could easily be top 5 with some minor tweaks.

    -Doctor is trash and only thrives when played by ridiculously good players. He's only used for griefing otherwise.

    -Clown is better than Wraith.

    -Wraith is absolute garbage without his best addons. Like, unplayable against decent players kind of bad, which I can't even say for addon-less Clown.

    -Survivors should have a stamina bar of some kind to add more dynamics than just hopping from tile to tile, to which most are super safe anyway.

    -Ruin-Undying isn't nearly as strong as people think, but it 100% carries so many solo games it likely needs some revision.

    -Hawkins is fun.

    -Sweating to eliminate a survivor from the game when not even a gen was finished earns the right for other survivors to grief you in any imaginable way possible, from immersed gameplay to keep the game hostage to taking your frames with flashlight macros.

    -T-bagging is funny and shouldn't trigger anyone. But it's definitely fine if it gets your attention to a particular survivor more often.

    -The DC penalty doesn't fix anything and mostly punishes people who are in unbearable situations.

    I agree alot with OP and your post. So many valid things. I also wanna add playing bubba and using BBQ is predictable and boring and your lack of skill shows. Even with "buffs" hillbilly and bubba 100% rely on chainsaws snd body block for the down. It's pathetic and very boring. I don't know why people get so triggered with tea bagging lol

1 2 ›