Who will be the next licensed character?

If you had to guess, who would it be?

Comments

  • Pennywise would be dope. I could see that happening. I think there's room for two clowns, but if I had to guess more likely, Jason.

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    Pennywise would be dope. I could see that happening. I think there's room for two clowns, but if I had to guess more likely, Jason.

    Both of those two would be sick, and I'd agree they almost have to be at the top of BHVR's wishlist. However, with the mess around Jason's licensing, he definitely isn't likely to be the next licensed killer. One day for sure, but it's just not possible right now, unfortunately... As for Pennywise, I don't think they're in a rush since we already have a clown (even though Pennywise is the better clown by far lol). At the moment, I could see either a Candyman or Hellraiser chapter coming up with how many people are talking about those two on here. But whatever happens, I'm more than ready for it lol

  • It'll be somethign ppl less expect or know about. Like how no-one was expecting stranger things or silent hill.

  • I can tell you who it isn't going to be.

    Just look at the latest speculation video from Paulie Esther.

  • It must be CANDYMAN!!

  • Candyman should at least be one of the next few licensed chars, depending on when the movie comes out I guess.

  • Honestly, I can't think of who they could have up their sleeves. Maybe something no one expects.

  • At this point in time, I have zero idea, I have a few ideas but nothing concrete enough to say, yeah, I’m going to say it’s this or that.

  • @SirCracken said:

    I can tell you who it isn't going to be.

    Just look at the latest speculation video from Paulie Esther.

    do you have a link to that video?

  • As much as the suggestion has been worn out, spring trap. I really think he has potential.

    Other than him, a big daddy from bioshock.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    Jason Voorhees

    unlikely because of licensing, there hasn't been a movie since 2009 because he's in legal limbo

  • It doesn't matter which one.

    I was throwing some shade at Paulie since he has a habit of wildly and inaccurately speculating about which killer will be released next. I think he's been correct only once or twice out of dozens of theories.

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1782743#Comment_1782743

    It doesn't matter which one.

    I was throwing some shade at Paulie since he has a habit of wildly and inaccurately speculating about which killer will be released next. I think he's been correct only once or twice out of dozens of theories.

    Oh okay.. i thought he might be a somewhat reliable fog whisperer and you were being serious. Lol

    (there was someone that is taken seriously though right? The one claiming Candyman wasn’t coming for the anniversary because he has been in the BHVR headquarters or something...)

  • I could see Chucky becoming a future possibility now that they've designed a teeny killer in the form of Victor.

    Or if the lawsuits surrounding Friday the 13th ever truly end, then Jason will probably be a priority pick for being one of the most iconic slasher villains ever.

    Though I have absolutely no idea who the actual next licensed character will be. I'd honestly expected this coming chapter with the Twins to be licensed up until they were properly revealed (since they usually aimed to do 2 original and 2 licensed chapters per year). They might be focusing on adding more to existing licensed content (cosmetics) instead of bringing in new characters, at least while the pandemic persists.

  • I want Jason in the game but when his lawsuit ends there I will wait for him, the license killer that I hope to see would be to see the nun or babyface on happy death, it would be very terrifying to see these two

  • This ain't a popular suggestion but I would like a SCP killer. Something like The Statue or The Shy Guy SCP's. And the SCP foundation would be a map. Similar to Hawkins. (Although it would be an indoor map so that might suck.) I just think that would be kind of interesting.

  • I think the Nun from the conjuring could be cool!

    I'd love to see the Xenomorph from Aliens. Plenty of cool survivor characters to pick from to accompany it and then a cool level like the Nostromo/Sulaco or Lv426

    I would expect that licensing to be on the pricey side though.

  • @Tboneisyourbro said:

    This ain't a popular suggestion but I would like a SCP killer. Something like The Statue or The Shy Guy SCP's. And the SCP foundation would be a map. Similar to Hawkins. (Although it would be an indoor map so that might suck.) I just think that would be kind of interesting.

    Aren't there parts of the scp foundation that are outside

    Although i would love the part where the canteen is located .... I don't think the entity's gonna add a room where a coffee machine that well could spell its demise because some dude really said "a cup of entity pls"

  • I think The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth would be terrifying! His eyes could be included in a special ability that he would have to possibly brighten scratch marks, or some other interesting power

  • @My_Aespa said:

    I think The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth would be terrifying! His eyes could be included in a special ability that he would have to possibly brighten scratch marks, or some other interesting power

    The Pale Man would be awesome!

    would be cool to incorporate the fairy’s on the survivor side as part of his power...


    edit: survivors can find fairy’s for protection against the pale mans power, but the downside could be that he can grab and eat those fairy’s to boost himself even more. Maybe I will think about a killer concept for this one

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1783193#Comment_1783193

    The Pale Man would be awesome!

    would be cool to incorporate the fairy’s on the survivor side as part of his power...

    edit: survivors can find fairy’s for protection against the pale mans power, but the downside could be that he can grab and eat those fairy’s to boost himself even more. Maybe I will think about a killer concept for this one

    Yes, the poor fairies </3 I would totally love to see a killer concept for him

  • @Healthore77992 said:

    If you had to guess, who would it be?

    For the Doctor Who fans out there, I recently posted this concept for a Weeping Angel killer:

    @Hyd said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/319BUP7ULA3H/a-weeping-angel-in-blink-e1366230985838.jpg

    Background:

    I'll just give a brief overview as it will relate to DBD, but full details on this character as it's known in the show can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeping_Angel

    The Angel takes the form of an angelic stone statue covering their eyes while observed by someone (as if crying/weeping) and appears frightening like a vampire when attacking someone (see above pic). Weeping Angels can't move when being observed by someone but as soon as they are not being observed, they can move incredibly fast, almost as if teleporting. If they are allowed to touch/attack someone, they can send them back in time. They do this because they require a special energy to sustain themselves, and this energy is left behind by someone who gets sent back in time. Absorbing this Temporal Energy powers additional abilities outlined below. Angels don't merely exist in their physical form - because they are quantum beings, any visual representation of them can be manipulated to their advantage (i.e. a picture, a video, and even a mental image in someone's mind can come to life as a fully-powered Angel). Angels can also manipulate electronics to an extent, such as turning off lights in a room so a victim can't see them.

    Movement Mechanics:

    When the angel is being observed, they turn to stone and cannot move, but when unobserved, they appear normally (i.e. they lose the stone look) and can nearly teleport around at great speed, at all times covering their eyes, appearing as a very fast moving blur. This will be a completely new mechanic for the game so, how will it work? What does it mean to be "observed?" And how fast of movement are we talking here?

    • Observed and Unobserved states: The Angel is considered to be Observed if any survivor is within physical line-of-sight of The Angel, AND, The Angel is within the survivor's camera view. The Angel is considered Unobserved if either of those qualifications is not met (additionally, the Survivor cannot being reparing/cleansing/healing/etc, as one cannot focus on doing those actions and also simultaneously keep an eye on The Angel). There is a distance limit as well, but it is quite generous. So, for example, if a Survivor is hiding behind something and using the camera to look around a corner or over some obstacle, The Angel will not be frozen because the Survivor doesn't have a physical line-of-sight on them.

    Note: If this sounds like it can easily be exploited by just designating a Survivor to stare at The Angel and do nothing else the entire game, The Angel will have additional passive abilities to discourage this (see "Passive Abilities" section further down).

    • Movement: While Unobserved, The Angel will have an impressive 10 m/s movement speed, greater than The Blight while rushing, and appears as a flickering, distorted blur. While Observed, The Angel turns to stone and cannot move at all.

    Passive Abilities (some of these may end up better as perks, but for now...):

    As this is not a typical Killer, The Angel will require some special passive abilities to level the playing field and bolster what would appear to be her primary weakness.

    • Stone Sight: The aura of any Survivor currently observing The Angel is revealed to The Angel for the duration and continues for 1.5 seconds after they stop observing.
    • In Your Mind's Eye: Staring at The Angel for too long begins to form a powerful mental image of The Angel in the Survivor's mind, which gradually manifests as a physical Angel clone within 5m nearby ALL Survivors that are observing The Angel. The Angel clone takes 6 seconds of observing by a Survivor to fully form, and when complete, The Angel can choose to instantly inhabit and take control of any clone, leaving a husk of itself as a clone where it stood. Any clones not controlled by the The Angel will notify The Angel when a Survivor looks at them, and reveal their aura for as long as they look. If not controlled by The Angel, clones will crumble to dust after 45 seconds. Alternately, The Angel can choose NOT to control a clone, and instead let out a bellowing shreak that emanates from the clones as well, causing any observing Survivor to look down in fear, giving The Angel a chance to escape.

    Note: The 6-second observe time to form a clone does not need to be uninterrupted observation. If a Survivor looks away for a period of 4 seconds, the observe time will reset to 0, but if they look again before 4 seconds have passed, the observe time will continue to accumulate. This should hopefully counter any Survivor exploit intended to hold The Angel in-place without making any clones, either solo or with a coordinated team. As an additional defense against exploitation from Survivors who think they can escape by looking away and then looking again over and over very quickly, so as not to build up the observe time too quickly but still hold The Angel in-place, each action of looking away and then looking instantly adds 1 second to the observe time, so it becomes better to just keep looking and let the clone form or just run away.

    • Stone Cold: The Angel does not have a heartbeat, and thus has a very small Terror Radius but can be heard moving about from a decent distance (sounds like a bunch of stones and pebbles being ground against each other) .
    • Lights Out: Downed Survivors are terrified with fear and cannot bear to look at The Angel in order to stop her from picking them up or carrying them. They may still wiggle free though.

    Power:

    The core power of The Angel (and Weeping Angel in Dr. Who) is sending people back in time, so I'd somehow like to come up with a version of this that works in-game - how to implement such a power?

    • Touched by an Angel: A 3-tier power which enables The Angel to send someone back in time with a successful Power Attack hit. Each tier is achieved by building up your Temporal Energy, which is done by successfully hitting players with the Basic Attack. The Angel begins in Tier 0, the default state with no accumulation of Temporal Energy, and a Power Attack here has no special properties, but it only requires 1 hit's worth of energy to get to Tier 1 and start sending people back in time. Upon being Power attacked, the Survivor is sent back in time by 5/10/15 seconds. Once Tier 3 is achieved, there will be a 60 second regression on the power before resetting to Tier 0.

    Power Details (what does it mean to be "sent back in time?"):

    There is some give and take here with this power in that it can benefit the Survivor in some cases, and benefit The Angel in others. Being sent back in time will do several things, including:

    • An instant physical re-position of the Survivor to where they were X seconds ago
    • A restoration of any status effects the Survivor had X seconds ago
    • A reset of progress made on repairs, healing, etc to wherever it was X seconds ago (including completed generators and totems)
    • A reset of any breakables if they were not broken X seconds ago

    Some example scenarios:

    • (Assume Tier 1) The Angel comes upon a Survivor repairing a generator and whacks them immediately, the generator was at 50%. Since the Survivor was repairing the gen 5 seconds ago, they aren't physically re-located, but the generator reverts back to whatever progress had been made at that point.
    • (Assume Tier 2) The Angel uses a Basic Attack on a full health Survivor, injuring them, then follows up with a Power Attack. The Survivor is physically re-located to where they were 10 seconds ago, AND, since they weren't injured then, they are back at full health status.
    • (Assume Tier 3) (This is one of the more interesting scenarios imo) A hooked Survivor is pulled off the hook by a team mate. After a brief chase (less than 15 seconds), The Angel catches up and whacks them with a Power Attack, sending them back (you guessed it) on the hook, with the hook progress being whatever it was at the time. (keep in mind that because this is Tier 3, The Angel only has this Tier for 60 seconds, so, pulling this off should be pretty hard considering everything else The Angel would have to deal with).

    Perks:

    • Blind Obsession: Survivors that enjoy looking at The Angel a little too much will eventually become blinded by the sight of one. After 5/4/3 Angel clones are created by a given Survivor, the next time that Survivor sets eyes on The Angel, an Angel clone will take only 2 seconds to manifest, and if The Angel takes control of it, the Survivor is completely blinded for 2 seconds and cannot freeze The Angel. The clone count for that Survivor resets after The Angel utilizes this perk.
    • Voices of the Dead: The consciousness and image of any Survivor that is sacrificed (or killed by other means) becomes available to The Angel as an apparition to use for their own purpose. 1/2/3 apparitions (for each dead Survivor) can be placed around the map like traps that will scream when another Survivor comes too close to them, revealing the aura of the Survivor. Apparitions can be destroyed without alerting them if a Survivor crouches over to disable them.
    • Temporal Shift: While The Angel is frozen in-place by a Survivor with Tier 3-worth of Temporal Energy, complete 4/3/2 Great Skill Checks immediately one-after-another in order to send the observing Survivor(s) back in time by 4/6/8 seconds. Succeeding all Skill Checks consumes 1.5/1/0.5 Tier's-worth of Temporal Energy. Failing a skill check will consume 2.5/2/1.5 Tier's-worth of Temporal Energy.

    Mori Offering:

    • Kiss of Death: The Angel stands over the Survivor who is face down, grabbing the back of their head with one hand, and violently gouging out their eyes with the other hand. The Angel then flips them over for a kiss, completely absorbing their Temporal Energy, turning them to stone and then bursting them into dust with a crushing stomp.

    One final thing...

    Quantum Realm: The Angel's own "timey-wimey-wibbly-wobbly" realm (similar to Spirit, Freddy, etc)

    This could probably be utilized for a number of things, and initially I didn't think it'd be necessary until I got to the very end of this post and thought to myself, "Wait, if Survivors can freeze The Angel, how will the act of carrying a Survivor over to a hook work if other Survivors are watching?" My only way out of that predicament was to include a Quantum Realm for this Killer where The Angel can be safe from being frozen while carrying a Survivor. There may be better alternatives than this (for example, we could implement something similar to Pyramid Head's cage mechanic) but this is what I've come up with so far hehe.

    Conclusion:

    Obviously, any of what I've come up with - the abilities themselves, any of the numbers I've set for things, etc - is all just a starting point and up for alteration for whatever reason (i.e. too OP, not powerful enough, etc). It's really hard to know just how something will play and how fair or unfair it might be just simply listing these things out as text, so, I tried my best!

    I think this Killer would be pretty frickin cool and different from anything else. Actually, there are lots of characters from Dr. Who that would make great and interesting Killers in DBD ("The Silence" comes to mind...).

    Any feedback is appreciated!

    Doctor Who actually has many great characters that would be perfect as Killers here but this one in particular brings an opportunity to really shake up the typical gameplay strategies.

  • For those saying Jason, candyman, pennywise etc, how would they work and how would they be different? I mean don't we already have a guy with a big knife and what's someone going to do with a mouthful of bees?


    (I haven't seen the films btw)


    I'd like someone who shakes up the mechanic. Maybe someone who needs 3 hits to down, or can't touch survivors but has to make traps. Or someone who moves much faster at the cost of being slower when carrying a downed survivor and more affected by wiggle.

  • @jzinsky said:

    For those saying Jason, candyman, pennywise etc, how would they work and how would they be different? I mean don't we already have a guy with a big knife and what's someone going to do with a mouthful of bees?

    (I haven't seen the films btw)

    I'd like someone who shakes up the mechanic. Maybe someone who needs 3 hits to down, or can't touch survivors but has to make traps. Or someone who moves much faster at the cost of being slower when carrying a downed survivor and more affected by wiggle.

    I feel like pennywise would be some gimick with the ballons or sewer grate fast travel.


    Someone totally out of left field is always likely. Smash speculation has taught me to never rule out a totally left field pick like... idk Bendy. Or Terraria nymph, maybe she could disguise as a survivor.

  • @jzinsky said:

    For those saying Jason, candyman, pennywise etc, how would they work and how would they be different? I mean don't we already have a guy with a big knife and what's someone going to do with a mouthful of bees?

    (I haven't seen the films btw)

    I'd like someone who shakes up the mechanic. Maybe someone who needs 3 hits to down, or can't touch survivors but has to make traps. Or someone who moves much faster at the cost of being slower when carrying a downed survivor and more affected by wiggle.

    You think Pennywise would be similar to anyone? And there is plenty you can do with a swarm of bees that the killer can fully control.. plus Candyman could also use mirrors for Freddy like teleportation or something else..

    Jason is the original slasher, but there is still enough tweaks they can implement to make him unique. After all we do have Michael Myers and Ghostface both with knives and both with stalking ability.