What prevents you from playing killer?
Just out of curiosity, since survivor queue times are long like before, What prevents you from playing killer?
For me it would have to be that at least 2 gens pop, usually around the first chase and I always seem to go against “good survivors.” It’s funny to me because when I play survivor (Solo) I always get the potatoes.
Also, this might sound weird but, How come most killers don’t feel threatening/scary? I always felt that the killer should have the upper hand. I really do think they need to give killers something to slow down the game by basekit. Maybe, after hooking every survivor once, all gens cannot be worked on for a certain amount of time, idk, something like that or give survivors an extra objective.
They should also look into the exit gates. I usually accept my loss after the 5th Gen gets done, I try my best to not play scummy but if I haven’t gotten a kill by the last gen, you bet your sweet ass I am going to camp the next person I hook. I noticed for you to at least to decently well as killer, you have to play sorta scummy. Slugging is a big one that killers have to do to slow the game down, this is another reason why I don’t usually play killer, what is yours?
Comments
I get motionsick from a lot of First Person POV games. Not all, but some of the killers will make me nauseous to play.
When I do play killer I don't have the heart to kill anyone. I might hang them once or twice, but not kill unless it's for a challenge (or they're purposefully being obnoxious.)
Survivor doesn't give me either of those problems, plus I can on that side of things with my girl because it's one of the only cross platform games we can actually play together without triggering motionsickness.
Until I can afford a Playstation or she can afford a PC, we're stuck playing Dead by Daylight.
I only play killer because I love hooking/killing a sweaty survivor in swf teams.
But I also get a good laugh at the antics of bully swf teams.
Chase me chase me.
Sure I will ya plonker.
You're waisting your time as I don't give a rats ass about the number of kills I get.
It's just a game.
But bully swf teams, shocking map design for killer and survivor perks that nullify stealth killers will certainly not help killer becoming game of choice.
Even with shadowborn the FOV is so bad it gives me headache and nausea.
There are multiple reasons why I am getting less and less motivated to play killer, but the biggest reason has to be the bugged sound that makes survivors footsteps sound almost non existent.
Why don't i play killer...
The amount of anxiety that I have to go through as killer vs a good team. I'm tank 8 atm and I get matched with rank 1 commandos that know every single loop, every killer, how to counter em, all their perks and most of them run ds/unbreakables (I call em smol pps)
When I hook a survivor probably 2/3 gens are done, someone's already coming for the save, I get flashlight blinded, I can't pressure them enough, have to worry about keys, ds, dead hard, sprint burst, headons,ect.
Why play that when I can comfortably hold m1 on a gen and maybe move from one bush to the next as survivor?
I still play killer tho (most of the times) since I really wanna learn deathslinger.
playing too much killer that i burn out.
Those dreaded tome challenges! Why are there so many for survivor! I need that new legion cosmetic on the rift so I'll have to get those survivor challenges if I don't wanna play day and night to make up.
On a normal day I try to play 50/50 but I'm more drawn towards killer lately. Survivor is fun but after a few horrible matches due to teamwork failure I go back to killer. If I want to relax I play my main killer with a build I'm comfortable with.
The only thing preventing me from playing Killer is Auto-Aim (sorry, "Aim Dressing") makes me miss my Feral Frenzy swings. I'd own up to it if I was genuinely boosted, because I want to get better at Legion, but if a survivor is in my face about to vault shack window, I swing, and suddenly I'm facing the basement entrance, yeah, ######### that.
Nothing. Killer is extremely enjoyable and you're permanently in control of the match and you get way more bp than while playing survivor.
Not afraid of the killer. I can handle killers. I'm afraid of other survivors. They are more dangerous and lethal than the killer.
Probably being alone while playing killer. I love playing killer while in a call with a friend or two. Being alone is just boring playing killer.
I play both, but my interest in killer has fallen considerably. I have a stressful full time job, and so my time to play is fairly limited. I'd rather mess around on survivor and be able to do silly builds as opposed to sweat against rank 1 survivors every game. It's especially rough as the times I play (EU evenings) tend to bring out the SWFs pretty much every match. Rank 1 on both for context, though it is often very tempting to just derank killer back to green.
It's just so much stress and for what? I could probably climb high up the Killer ranks if I really wanted too, but then I'd have to bring Undying and Ruin every game to properly have a chase nce, and on top of that I'd be forced to play certain Killers like Freddy constantly if I wanna win
Yeah no thanks