Are we ever gonna get an official denouncement of toxic behavior?

Red rank killer (and survivor) here. The competitive scene of this game can be unforgiving. You win some and you lose some, but every now and then, human nature comes into play. I am 1 match into my current play session and I feel like getting off. Why? Because playing killer + toxic SWF = zero fun. I try to ignore it, and tell myself to just play for fun, but it doesn't work. If there is no chance of winning, I'm not having fun. That is especially true when sadistic people, who use this game as an online bullying tool, have to rub salt in the wound. When winning isn't enough for you, you've got a problem.

But my biggest issue is: where's the pushback? As individual players, all we can do is ignore the toxicity. Toxic people will be toxic, but maybe there would be less of them if they were at least told that what they're doing is wrong.

To my knowledge, the devs haven't said a word about unsportsmanlike behavior, despite the useless in-game report feature. Why not? Do they approve of it or what? Because frankly it's pushing longtime players, as well as new ones, away from the game. These toxic players, confident in knowing that their behavior is a back burner issue to the devs, if even that, is ruining this game and it's image.

So I say: If toxicity is wrong, let's hear it. Give us something.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • It is a gameplay problem. You are playing a game where the premise is killers killing and tormenting and survivors surviving. And the meta is such that the killers are getting tormented due to, basically, impotency.

    This leads to the current situation where survivor queues are terrible and rank 10 killers get put against rank 1 full meta survivors. Because the alternative is too shallow of a killer player pool to adequately service the survivor players.

    It is not surprising. Nobody wants to play killer because you basically risk getting doodooed on for 15 minutes just to queue and start it again. The queues don't lie.

  • If only they had a setting to where you can have post game chat muted, that would be a blessing :)

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Red rank killer (and survivor) here. The competitive scene of this game can be unforgiving. You win some and you lose some, but every now and then, human nature comes into play. I am 1 match into my current play session and I feel like getting off. Why? Because playing killer + toxic SWF = zero fun. I try to ignore it, and tell myself to just play for fun, but it doesn't work. If there is no chance of winning, I'm not having fun. That is especially true when sadistic people, who use this game as an online bullying tool, have to rub salt in the wound. When winning isn't enough for you, you've got a problem.

    But my biggest issue is: where's the pushback? As individual players, all we can do is ignore the toxicity. Toxic people will be toxic, but maybe there would be less of them if they were at least told that what they're doing is wrong.

    To my knowledge, the devs haven't said a word about unsportsmanlike behavior, despite the useless in-game report feature. Why not? Do they approve of it or what? Because frankly it's pushing longtime players, as well as new ones, away from the game. These toxic players, confident in knowing that their behavior is a back burner issue to the devs, if even that, is ruining this game and it's image.

    So I say: If toxicity is wrong, let's hear it. Give us something.

    You can't denounce something that isn't real. Toxic gameplay is a completely subjective term, there is no hard and fast rule about what makes something toxic during gameplay. So deal with it or don't play.

    Players cheating and exploiting bugs, isn't toxic, it's cheating, so send your recording to BHVR and they'll deal with it.

    Players talking all kind of offensive ######### in chat channels, isn't toxic, it's an attempt at bullying as it's done deliberately to upset the person recieving the message, if you're getting upset by strangers on the internet that have absolutely nothing to do with your life, then block them and report them via the complaints procedure of whatever platform you play on or chat application you use and they'll deal with it.

    #closediscussion #problemsolved #BHVRhavebiggerthingstofix

  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/208493/are-we-ever-gonna-get-an-official-denouncement-of-toxic-behavior

    You can't denounce something that isn't real. Toxic gameplay is a completely subjective term, there is no hard and fast rule about what makes something toxic during gameplay. So deal with it or don't play.

    Players cheating and exploiting bugs, isn't toxic, it's cheating, so send your recording to BHVR and they'll deal with it.

    Players talking all kind of offensive ######### in chat channels, isn't toxic, it's an attempt at bullying as it's done deliberately to upset the person recieving the message, if you're getting upset by strangers on the internet that have absolutely nothing to do with your life, then block them and report them via the complaints procedure of whatever platform you play on or chat application you use and they'll deal with it.

    #closediscussion #problemsolved #BHVRhavebiggerthingstofix

    That's... a pretty bad argument. There is not really a written rule about what sexual harassment is but everyone knows about it.


    Besides Behaviour have bigger things to fix"? You're talking like every part of the team is focused on a single thing, so the cosmetic team is not the same as the bug fixes team, and the report team is not the same as the bug fixes team.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Red rank killer (and survivor) here. The competitive scene of this game can be unforgiving. You win some and you lose some, but every now and then, human nature comes into play. I am 1 match into my current play session and I feel like getting off. Why? Because playing killer + toxic SWF = zero fun. I try to ignore it, and tell myself to just play for fun, but it doesn't work. If there is no chance of winning, I'm not having fun. That is especially true when sadistic people, who use this game as an online bullying tool, have to rub salt in the wound. When winning isn't enough for you, you've got a problem.

    But my biggest issue is: where's the pushback? As individual players, all we can do is ignore the toxicity. Toxic people will be toxic, but maybe there would be less of them if they were at least told that what they're doing is wrong.

    To my knowledge, the devs haven't said a word about unsportsmanlike behavior, despite the useless in-game report feature. Why not? Do they approve of it or what? Because frankly it's pushing longtime players, as well as new ones, away from the game. These toxic players, confident in knowing that their behavior is a back burner issue to the devs, if even that, is ruining this game and it's image.

    So I say: If toxicity is wrong, let's hear it. Give us something.

    They have addressed it though. With DC penalties and end game chat bullying can result in permanent bans which I've seen happen to other players so ik it happens. You can switch end game chat off. They've equipped us with perks that help against scummy tactics like DS and BT.

    At the end of the day there is only so much they can do. Gaming culture as a whole is incredibly toxic and immature and the issue is kind of beyond dbd. Playets will always find a way to tease the other side.

  • Fight toxic with toxic and stop crying

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Red rank killer (and survivor) here. The competitive scene of this game can be unforgiving. You win some and you lose some, but every now and then, human nature comes into play. I am 1 match into my current play session and I feel like getting off. Why? Because playing killer + toxic SWF = zero fun. I try to ignore it, and tell myself to just play for fun, but it doesn't work. If there is no chance of winning, I'm not having fun. That is especially true when sadistic people, who use this game as an online bullying tool, have to rub salt in the wound. When winning isn't enough for you, you've got a problem.

    But my biggest issue is: where's the pushback? As individual players, all we can do is ignore the toxicity. Toxic people will be toxic, but maybe there would be less of them if they were at least told that what they're doing is wrong.

    To my knowledge, the devs haven't said a word about unsportsmanlike behavior, despite the useless in-game report feature. Why not? Do they approve of it or what? Because frankly it's pushing longtime players, as well as new ones, away from the game. These toxic players, confident in knowing that their behavior is a back burner issue to the devs, if even that, is ruining this game and it's image.

    So I say: If toxicity is wrong, let's hear it. Give us something.

    That literally describes me 100%. Me and my boyfriend take turns in playing as a killer, account is at rank 12 and we literally have handful of enjoyable games. All other games are just us getting pissed off at survivors who are toxic af having time of their life while we try not to throw controller at the TV.


    What we started to do is try to select games. We play on PS4 and when we see lobby of all PC players (cross play enabled) with all sorts of torches, med-kits etc we just leave lobby and try again. When lobby is 50-50 that's when the chance of decent game is higher but unfortunately not always. It's sad because we really love this game but toxic SWF make us stop playing.

  • There are actually streamers who promote toxic behaviour toward killers?

  • @M4dBoOmr said:

    There are actually streamers who promote toxic behaviour toward killers?

    I know of one and I can't say more than that I'm afaird as I will likely be banned and this thread will likely be thrown into the abyss.

    I've mentioned their behaviour before thread was instantly deleted for simply telling the truth so there's that lol

    As for the toxicity in the game on these forums I have learnt to be the change you wish to see.

    I try my hardest to encourage positive threads try my hardest to change threads that I have read that are overall aggressive or negative towards the op in to a positive one.

    Meeting toxicity with toxicity isn't the answer I'm my book.

    Try to be a good person it's tuff honestly not easy but I hope more will pick it up and we as a community can be better towards each other.

    🐷💖

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1773863#Comment_1773863

    He might be going for the Jake mask, which requires sacrificing a certain number of Jakes. According to a bunch of players on the forum, it's the most difficult Leatherface mask to get because there aren't nearly as many Jakes as there are Dwights, Claudettes, and Megs. No joke, Leatherfaces are kinda infamous for tunneling Jakes for that very reason.

    Maybe? He did have Claudette mask on so he maybe he was trying to collect Jake next.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Red rank killer (and survivor) here. The competitive scene of this game can be unforgiving. You win some and you lose some, but every now and then, human nature comes into play. I am 1 match into my current play session and I feel like getting off. Why? Because playing killer + toxic SWF = zero fun. I try to ignore it, and tell myself to just play for fun, but it doesn't work. If there is no chance of winning, I'm not having fun. That is especially true when sadistic people, who use this game as an online bullying tool, have to rub salt in the wound. When winning isn't enough for you, you've got a problem.

    But my biggest issue is: where's the pushback? As individual players, all we can do is ignore the toxicity. Toxic people will be toxic, but maybe there would be less of them if they were at least told that what they're doing is wrong.

    To my knowledge, the devs haven't said a word about unsportsmanlike behavior, despite the useless in-game report feature. Why not? Do they approve of it or what? Because frankly it's pushing longtime players, as well as new ones, away from the game. These toxic players, confident in knowing that their behavior is a back burner issue to the devs, if even that, is ruining this game and it's image.

    So I say: If toxicity is wrong, let's hear it. Give us something.

    Turn off your end game chat. Fixed.

  • Biggest issues this game faces:

    • Your average killer thinking they're way better than they are.
    • Non-existent matchmaking that just throws people together cause fk it.
    • Lack of a comprehensive tutorial that explains how the game is -really- played.
    • No synergy between the wants of casual/competitive players which causes friction - The Sweaty Boi/Gal Pandemic.

    If none of these can be addressed, the toxicity stays. At this point it's part of the game's identity.

1 2 ›