Comments

  • @TimeOutTimmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1769941#Comment_1769941

    I've been camped, tunneled, and slugged so much these past few days... for the first time ever, I DC'd.

    Sure, it is flattering that the killer has played against me 3x prior that day and knew I could out play them... so they did their job and got me out. Problem is, you can't counter a killer who can see who you are, but you can't see who they are. If a killer wants you dead, you're dead. They will camp, tunnel, and slug.

    I get the frustration, but it's a two sided coin.

    It sounds like you (and your team?) were frustrating that killer by outplaying him. He has no control over matchmaking, so he took out his frustration and camped/tunnel/slug you.

    The difference here is the killer didn't dc while he was being outplayed, but you did.

    Survivors frustrate killers.

    Killers frustrate survivors.

  • @SpineChillScaredyCat said:

    It ruins the game for survivors. The most fun aspect of the game are the chases, and both tunneling and camping completely prevent that. It stops a survivor from playing the game they payed for, and instead forces them to play "sit on hook with occasional button mashing simulator".

    But you also need to see the killers perspective.

    He paid for the game, but mmr is broken and being looped, blinded, ect.

    Chases are fun for survivor, killing is fun for killer.

    Two sided coin.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So if there's nothing wrong with tunneling, which helps the killer win ASAP at the cost of the survivor having no fun, then there's nothing wrong with this?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ff3xHaVdEw&t=46s

    Me, @BigBrainMegMain, @hahadrillgobrrr, and @ClaudioFrosty teaming up to do gens as fast as we can. We could've been faster.

    Nothing wrong here, right? Just helping the survivors win with no consideration to the killer.

    I that's kind of the point. Either they both should be OK and in the game as viable tactics, or neither should be. I honestly think gen-rushing hurts all players, while camping and tunneling at least can be seen as a memey challenge, requiring teamwork and coordination to pull off (let's be real, 90% of survivor players are SWF). I personally love camping and tunneling as survivor, but hate genrushing when I'm killer. On the flip side, camping/tunneling as killer is only when I hate 1 particular person or if they got unhooked in my face, and genrushing just makes a 20min queue for a 20 second game.

    But back to my original point. This is not OK, and nor is camping/tunneling. So, either they are both viable strategies or neither should be, no double standard like Killers dealt with since forever.

  • @MythMage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1769718#Comment_1769718

    I that's kind of the point. Either they both should be OK and in the game as viable tactics, or neither should be. I honestly think gen-rushing hurts all players, while camping and tunneling at least can be seen as a memey challenge, requiring teamwork and coordination to pull off (let's be real, 90% of survivor players are SWF). I personally love camping and tunneling as survivor, but hate genrushing when I'm killer. On the flip side, camping/tunneling as killer is only when I hate 1 particular person or if they got unhooked in my face, and genrushing just makes a 20min queue for a 20 second game.

    But back to my original point. This is not OK, and nor is camping/tunneling. So, either they are both viable strategies or neither should be, no double standard like Killers dealt with since forever.

    I agree with you. Neither of these things are okay and I like to think that when experimenting with this build me and my friends singlehandedly got Ormond next in line for rework because of how many offerings we'd burn to make it as easy for us as possible.

    Hardcore camping and tunneling isn't okay. Neither is that video. Both should go

  • There's nothing wrong with it. When it's used appropriately it's a strong mechanic for the Killer, but if used improperly you are giving the Survivors a free win.

    All the people complaining just don't know enough of the game unfortunately.

  • When a game starts and the first person down is tunneled, it is annoying. Often not a great strategy, but really not a fun experience for survivor. Camping is also a pain for that survivor and not fun, but both tatctics can lose the killer the game or only get them 1 kill if other survivors are smart

  • All killers should be like Pyramid head; When they hook someone, the entity opens up and swallows them and then they appear on a random hook elsewhere on the map. The killer doesn't get to see where but it's not in their area.

  • So I have been playing DBD for some time now and after seeing and reading through a bunch of these. I can see that some are joking and some are serious. Camping is one of the things I can not, I mean, Can not handle. I am huge on 360's. My teacher? All my credit goes to N00b on YouTube. He is amazing. If you have not seen him. Go watch him! But yes. Tunneling is rather useless for the top pier survivors like some of you said. It is the same stuff over and over again. And we know what will happen and we know where and when to go. And we are distractions. Tunneling is flawed. And camping is also flawed. Though irritatingly flawed. I hate when the killed looks at me and hits the bell and then hits me. But it it a waste of time. For me, for the killer. Sure, the killer gets points. But two gens just got done. I don't see care what ones you use. Be whatever killer you want. I love the game and I will play it even if there are trolls and such. And I suggest everyone do the same. Just keep doing what you love!

  • @keygun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770255#Comment_1770255

    I get the frustration, but it's a two sided coin.

    It sounds like you (and your team?) were frustrating that killer by outplaying him. He has no control over matchmaking, so he took out his frustration and camped/tunnel/slug you.

    The difference here is the killer didn't dc while he was being outplayed, but you did.

    Survivors frustrate killers.

    Killers frustrate survivors.

    Nope, was playing solo.

    It isn't a 2 sided coin. I went into the match not knowing I was up against the exact same killer. Survivors don't have access to that information until after the match. It wasn't until I was bleeding out on the ground, after being tunneled off hook, that I said "eff this". Had the killer hooked me, I wouldn't have DC'd... but they decided to leave me on the ground and proxy camp.

    It reminded me of a toddler taking their ball and going home.

  • It's not fun, just like getting gen rushed or getting looped at 100% safe pallets that you can't mindgame at.

  • You know camping makes you lose points it was never meant to be played that way you act like you know something but you know nothing as for toxic face camping a toxic survivor I get that but camping and tunneling isn't how the game was ment to be played and if you do that then you the toxic player and you'll get no were id rather have a time out from playing and quit then deal with a camping tunneling loser learn to play the game right or dont play it is after all a game and you need to play right to learn how to play you cant expect to be red rank day one it takes time to learn how to hit the 360* play the game right and you'll make it to red play like a toxic loser and you'll be stuck in low ranks forever stop telling new people the only way to play is to camp or tunnel

  • @rglarson13 said:

    This community has a huge problem with camping and tunneling, so much so that there's a lot of insistence that already abusable perks like DS should be buffed (or made base kit) because people seem to think the survivors should be able to "punish" killers who don't play how they want them to play.

    But this is ridiculous. Camping is normally a terrible strategy, and usually results in the killer losing. (Also, normally when I see a killer camping it's almost always in response to a particularly toxic survivor.)

    Tunneling is basically the opposite problem: it's a wise move that helps the killer win. Tunneling is the killer's version of gen rushing. (Hooking survivors is the killer's objective -- why is there a reason not to do that?) Punishing a killer for playing smart and effectively -- rather than as hosting an entertaining game of tag for the neighborhood kids -- doesn't make much sense. (Sure, I get that it's not fun for the survivor, but being slugged isn't fun, either, and that's what happens when the killer suspects DS might be in play.)

    I'd much rather see the game's fun factor get upped in other ways to encourage the more fun parts of the game, rather than facilitate any kind of punishment. Maybe to handle tunneling the killer should be incentivized to chase different survivors, e.g., maybe bloodlust triggers more quickly when chasing survivors who have full health. (Honestly, I don't really mind the concept of DS as base kit, but maybe it should be made more high risk -- the killer is the one who gets a haste effect for a moment -- that would make chases more fun than the current repetitive game of ring-around-the-rosie that they are now.)

    Similarly, rather than buff Ruin, which at best just leads to long games with more time spent holding M1, maybe Tinkerer should be base kit for all killers in order to set up more action as the survivors get close to finishing their objective.

    Finally, I like where NOED is at -- it makes the EGC actually stressful for me as a survivor, and perks like Inner Strength help make totems a worthwhile secondary objective that resolves the issue.

    There is nothing wrong! It's a strategy but not a good 1! It's the role of the killer to hook survivors. The survivors aren't entitled to a safe hook by a teammate. But even if you dont tunnel or camp the Entitled survivors are always going to be mad at you for sacrificing them.

  • Not sure if it counts, but I will move away from a. Hook and go back if I see someone heading there. Then given the choice between chasing a fresh survivor and one that had been hooked, I will follow the one that has been hooked already. I don't think this is tunneling because I don't set it up to intentionally go after the same guy repeatedly, I just take the best course of action to win the game at that time.


    It's my risk because if the guy I follow had DS then I have to eat that perk. They almost always have it, so I end up burning borrowed time or whatever instead.


    At the same time, as a killer, I am repeatedly up against rank 1-3 survivors with all meta perks. I have had survivors stalking me (think about that, survivors stalking a killer) just because they know they are 100% safe against me due to the perks they have and their playtime advantage. They are playing to win, I will play to win, because they have already chosen to counterplay against tunneling. I don't consider this toxic or unfair in any way.


    The game already punishes against standing near hooked survivors. It punishes against picking them up quickly and getting stabbed. It punishes if you pick the wrong killer and get a bad map for that killer. You get punished if you take a 110 killer and they can counterplay the skill (eg popping traps trivially on hag). You are punished if you camp by the gens get rushed. And even if you did camp, with 2+ survivors unhooking and borrowed time, unless you have NOED they will ALL escape anyway so it doesn't even matter at all.


    People complaining against killers camping when the game can be so incredibly stacked against them, by skills or swf or bad matchmaking... *Chef's kiss*

  • @rglarson13 said:

    This community has a huge problem with camping and tunneling, so much so that there's a lot of insistence that already abusable perks like DS should be buffed (or made base kit) because people seem to think the survivors should be able to "punish" killers who don't play how they want them to play.

    But this is ridiculous. Camping is normally a terrible strategy, and usually results in the killer losing. (Also, normally when I see a killer camping it's almost always in response to a particularly toxic survivor.)

    Tunneling is basically the opposite problem: it's a wise move that helps the killer win. Tunneling is the killer's version of gen rushing. (Hooking survivors is the killer's objective -- why is there a reason not to do that?) Punishing a killer for playing smart and effectively -- rather than as hosting an entertaining game of tag for the neighborhood kids -- doesn't make much sense. (Sure, I get that it's not fun for the survivor, but being slugged isn't fun, either, and that's what happens when the killer suspects DS might be in play.)

    I'd much rather see the game's fun factor get upped in other ways to encourage the more fun parts of the game, rather than facilitate any kind of punishment. Maybe to handle tunneling the killer should be incentivized to chase different survivors, e.g., maybe bloodlust triggers more quickly when chasing survivors who have full health. (Honestly, I don't really mind the concept of DS as base kit, but maybe it should be made more high risk -- the killer is the one who gets a haste effect for a moment -- that would make chases more fun than the current repetitive game of ring-around-the-rosie that they are now.)

    Similarly, rather than buff Ruin, which at best just leads to long games with more time spent holding M1, maybe Tinkerer should be base kit for all killers in order to set up more action as the survivors get close to finishing their objective.

    Finally, I like where NOED is at -- it makes the EGC actually stressful for me as a survivor, and perks like Inner Strength help make totems a worthwhile secondary objective that resolves the issue.

    The problem is it makes for a very boring match...... winning, losing, bp penalties aside...... its lame at that point even if you don't catch the hook.....

  • THIS IS THE SECOND NECRO TODAY. On the same topic as the first.

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    With all the new buffs for killers the camping and tunneling has gotten to a ridiculous level. I've basically dropped the game due to getting annoyed with terrible teammates and killers entitlement. As a killer they just think they should get 4k just cause when the most op perks require very little skill on the killers part (NOED and devour hope immediately jump to mind) and complain the second the survivors get literally anything to make their lives easier. The game is supposed to be in favor of the killer but now it's just gotten to where the devs don't seem to want the survivors to make it and side with killer mains. It's sad

    I disagree with almost all of that.

  • @rglarson13 said:

    This community has a huge problem with camping and tunneling, so much so that there's a lot of insistence that already abusable perks like DS should be buffed (or made base kit) because people seem to think the survivors should be able to "punish" killers who don't play how they want them to play.

    But this is ridiculous. Camping is normally a terrible strategy, and usually results in the killer losing. (Also, normally when I see a killer camping it's almost always in response to a particularly toxic survivor.)

    Tunneling is basically the opposite problem: it's a wise move that helps the killer win. Tunneling is the killer's version of gen rushing. (Hooking survivors is the killer's objective -- why is there a reason not to do that?) Punishing a killer for playing smart and effectively -- rather than as hosting an entertaining game of tag for the neighborhood kids -- doesn't make much sense. (Sure, I get that it's not fun for the survivor, but being slugged isn't fun, either, and that's what happens when the killer suspects DS might be in play.)

    I'd much rather see the game's fun factor get upped in other ways to encourage the more fun parts of the game, rather than facilitate any kind of punishment. Maybe to handle tunneling the killer should be incentivized to chase different survivors, e.g., maybe bloodlust triggers more quickly when chasing survivors who have full health. (Honestly, I don't really mind the concept of DS as base kit, but maybe it should be made more high risk -- the killer is the one who gets a haste effect for a moment -- that would make chases more fun than the current repetitive game of ring-around-the-rosie that they are now.)

    Similarly, rather than buff Ruin, which at best just leads to long games with more time spent holding M1, maybe Tinkerer should be base kit for all killers in order to set up more action as the survivors get close to finishing their objective.

    Finally, I like where NOED is at -- it makes the EGC actually stressful for me as a survivor, and perks like Inner Strength help make totems a worthwhile secondary objective that resolves the issue.

    The main issue people have with camping and tunneling is that they're kind of un-fun to play. Camping deprives the camped survivor of more bloodpoints, secures their kill by just standing still, and is plain boring. Tunneling does the same thing; getting one survivor out of the game prevents them from escaping by targeting them above all. Unfortunately, in the current state of the game, both are viable tactics. Nobody runs DS anymore so tunneling is getting a buff, and camping will result in 2 secured kills if everybody just sticks on generators the whole time (which, let's be real, never happens).

    Tinkerer should absolutely not be basekit. The basekit of killers is fine where it is right now.

    You being a masochist is no apology for NOED. The issue with NOED is that it's a reward for playing badly, which was meant to be a second chance but went way too far. Second chances should be like rancor, which is specific and gives a warning to the marked survivor. NOED is literally a secret bazooka; no nuance, no subtle playstyles needed.

  • "Tunelling and camping is legit strategy" so is gen rushing a strategy each side will be complaining about opposite side while blindly defending their own side that's how it works here I think we all should accept by now we can't please everyone and that's okay I hate both personally because I play both sides and I know how much it bugs me when I get gen rushed or if I'm getting camped or tunelled it's endless circle tbh luckily I don't see that too often on both sides

1 2 ›