I have never made a post frustrated until now
I have a death slinger daily ritual and I'm having such a hard time completing it because people are disconnecting and causing the game to end. For some reason I will walk across the map shoot a person with my gun real them in hit them and the game ends they disconnect and leave
Comments
You had me going there for a minute. Worst part is I rarely ever use him he's a level 16 with yellow perks
Where Have you BEEN, mate.
People don't care about the dc penalty against Deathslinger, because they can't loop him. They'll rather take the penalty than change their stale tactic for a single match.
To the OP: good luck with the daily, hope you find some survs that aren't entitled cowards
I'm pretty sure he was just being sarcastic
I laughed.
Poe's law. especially on this forum.
I do completely agree with your comment though
stahp that...
On this forum?
Also do correct me if I'm wrong, but considering how the OP is saying that "people are disconnecting and causing the game to end." they're actually referring to the bug that causes one person to disconnect from host while loading, and then the game cancels with an error 500 (Player disconnected from the game while loading) between 30 seconds to 3 minutes later. Not people just DCing because of Slinger, but because this game is perfect.
If the game ends, this means that someone DCed/crashed in the Loading Screen and the game takes longer to realize that. So even if you load in, it might be possible that one person did not load in and the game will be cancelled, even tho the other players are already playing.
If a person DCs while the match is going (and all 5 players loaded in), the game will not be cancelled.
Which Daily is it? Mori-Daily?
This, tbh. The only reason why they might be intentionally DCing to stop the game, is if it's a mori.
I don't believe for a second that people DC so much for slinger. I've literally never witnessed it happen, and I and people I play with despise him. When I've played him for dailies etc, no one has DC'd either.
Yeah possible the first one I walked all the way across the map and there were three of them I shot one real them to the window hit him walked around the window while reloading hit him again reloading knock him down walked away to let the team heal cuz they were just standing there looking at and then the game ended second one I found a Jake shot him at a pallet hit him he ran away I shot him at a vault game ended
Spear, reel, and hit 5
First I am not condoning DCing it's BS. You ready up, finish the game.
But what style tactic do you want changed? Survivor has basically 2 modes. Do gens and loop.
Do you prefer the gen rush style of play?
If DS sees you, you go down. So , what would you suggest?
Yeah that seems like the thing me and @Aven_Fallen@Aven_Fallen described, where it takes the game a second to realise oh ######### someone dced and then it cancels in a bit.
Edit: the forums for mobile are amazing and tagging is bugged sorry Aven for the double at lmao
Eh, had it plenty of times people would dc the moment they knew it's caleb.
Feel free to test it. play 100 games as slinger and tell us the results.
also @GoodBoyKaru : Poe's. Law. Especially on this forum
Why would I play as a killer I don't find fun to play as or against when I could play Nurse or Pyramid Head or Freddy or Wraith tho? At least then I'd have some fun.
Also Poe's law applies when it isn't obvious something is satire. I think by atting the devs and asking them to tell people dcs have decreased it made it pretty obvious it was satire.
Edit:didn't realise the first part wasn't directed to me, sorry
Gotcha. I've just been seeing a lot of death Slinger post lately assume the worst. Sucks it's happen multiple matches in a row
Stealth. I know people hate it, but against Deathslinger to main counterplay is stealth and breaking LoS, and maybe going in pairs. Just like the best-ish tactic against pig is 99ing gens and only popping them when no one has a RTB on. Or crouching against Hag's trap. Or forgetting your teammates exist against bubba
I understand your logic. Is Killers I don't like facing myself hard to pick just one if I had to it would probably be hag but I use all killers or at least plan to blight and nurse I'm saving for last once I have everybody else P3 I'm currently at 800 hours and I have Huntress Bubba Freddy Wraith at P3 everyone else at P1 I also have five or six survivors at P1 but I like to do one at a time so I can actually learn them and get better with them
Doesn't change the fact that if he sees you, you go down.
And half the excitement of the match, the chase, is eliminated.
Weird, I play ALOT of deathslinger, and i rarely ever see any dc's. I play on pc btw
chases are annoying. if you take fun out of them, be my guest. but this mindset 'chases are the only fun thing and the only way to play the game' is getting old.
It’s not just a bug. (Although I’m not contesting that sometimes this is I fact due to a bug).
Presumably there is also a hack that allows a player to see what’s been loaded into the match via the game files (or something like that). They see something they don’t like? They can trick the game into thinking they DC’d during the loading screens, avoiding the DC penalty.
This has happened in MANY of my matches for nearly a month now.
Ok, seems like you got unlucky then. Survivors dont know in the Loading Screen that you are playing Deathslinger, so highly unlikely that they DC because of that. And when you dont burn a Mori, those are most likely actual crashes which happen. So yeah, unlucky, but nothing intentional.
Haha, dont worry :D The second notification wasnt even active.
............
I like the chase on both sides. Fun is subjective my friend. Neither opinion is wrong, they're just preferences.
I understand man and its better letting out, we get it, not a lot of people like SLinger, so its OK just let out
To be fair, it definitely is a bug because its happened to me. I've been disconnected and suffered a penalty, and then my buddy im playing with says "no the match is starting" and gets dced in a couple mins. It's not like I want to dc, it just happens. It's really annoying lol.
Thank god for that :D
I hoped this wasn't sarcasm, I was hoping for a chance to use this image:
maybe another day.
Yeah. But if you look at people's reasoning to call for deathslinger's complete removal from the game, they haven't gotten that news yte
Well that is certainly true. I am not in favor of any killer getting a nerf, but I don't mind when my games vs. DS end.
good, good.