I'm just done with dbd (or at least the killer side)

Greeting from a console peasant

Wanting to vent about annoyances

the tipping point of annoyance was just today when I was playing myers for a daily, one of the survivors got caught out by the small terror radius and what does he do? HIDE IN A LOCKER AND D'S ME. I had such good momentum I would have put the team in SUCH a tricky spot but no, he can hide in a locker WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A HIGHLY DANGEROUS PLACE FOR A SURV TO BE IN and was entirely untouchable WHAT THE HELL WERE THE DEVS THINKING MAKING PLACES WHERE SURVIVORS ARE (practically) INVINCIBLE????!?!?!!

THEN OF COURSE THE LAST TWO GENS POPPED AS I WAS RE CHASING HER AND IT WAS A 4 MAN ESCAPE

Every time I get dsed I don't think "I OHNO SHOULDN'T OF TUNNELED" I just sigh

Every killer ever who has gotten dsed 1000 times is just fed up it and ruins my fun when I know a survivor messed up AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO CAPITALISE ON IT

i Lost to a factor COMPLETELY out of my control I was in such a good spot to snowball and win BUT NO devs want you to have to buy Myers dlc for ds instead of just making it so you if you get hooked again in a 60 second period it doesn't send you to struggle/dead

And don't get me started on the PowerPoint presentation level fps on ps4 where I deranked from reds because it was so bad, or the Halloween non event where you get 3k bp for going to a different hook WOOPDY DOO

Every time I play dbd (which I payed full price for) it feels like someone is trying to nag me to buy a dlc or a cosmetic, want to have a crutch get out of jail free card in which you can hammer a gen and still have it if you do it with another survivor BETTER BE BUYIN THOSE AURIC CELLS.....or you can wait 6 months for it to be in the shrine (Good luck!)

And another problem is the swf this was mainly a problem back when I was a newbie but it still exists RED RANKS ABUSING SWF TO GET IN WITH GREY/GREEN KILLERS. How is this even possible in the first place

if the devs won't do the job I'll do it for them

make it so you can't swf with a person over 4 ranks above or below you or you could make it so the matchmaking goes solely on the highest ranks (either or)

but no. Devs would rather hammer out new chapters and cosmetics instead of fixing there main source of increasingly bored-of-it income the killer main community is (for your info dev who has a 0.0000000000012% chance of actually reading this is 20% of your community (give or take)

And there are so many bugs and cheatsy spots that to post them on this would probably take a few hours

Personal note to devs

you have a one hit wonder don't waste it by over saturating it and encouraging unfun play styles. The survivor knows they didn't deserve that free pass ,the killer knows, the team knows I'd even go so far as to say you know but you won't do anything about it dbd was incredibly fun back when I was greys/green but now it's stale and it feels like a chore it's not fun when a survivor can hide in a locker and be completely impervious for 60 seconds of that you have chosen to nerf good perks that are being overused instead of buffing bad ones to shake the meta for instance right now if I don't run ruin or pop goes the weasel I get gen rushed and the games over in 6 mins tops it pretty much locks killers to only actually be running 3 perks and having the option to change the gen regress perk


Thanks for reading my venting wall of text if you even made it this far i apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes I'm on moble, going to stop playing killer until the devs fix the broken mess they made

Comments

  • @NivlacACE said:

    I have played for [inordinate amount of time] and I am completely fed up with [mundane easily avoidable problem]. I can’t believe the devs would ever do something so stupid, how could they ever allow [mundane problem] to be in the game for so long. I am so frustrated with the problems in this game that I played it for [four digit number] hours but now it’s not fun anymore!

    Because I never got enough attention as a child I am now telling you that after [four digit playtime] I am completely burnt out with this crap game until [mundane problem] is fixed!

    I was waiting to use this thread for this. I thought it'd take a week at least, not literally a day lmao

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206686/hello-i-m-quitting-dbd-forever

    I was waiting to use this thread for this. I thought it'd take a week at most, not literally a day lmao

    How exactly am I supposed to avoid a ds with 30+ seconds on it when the'yre hiding in a locker. oh joy lost the game to an unavoidable perk with no counterplay if there in a locker YAY

  • Then again they could just make it so it doesn't activate on grab

    Half of my gripes with this game solved in a instant

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206686/hello-i-m-quitting-dbd-forever

    I was waiting to use this thread for this. I thought it'd take a week at most, not literally a day lmao

    though that is really funny

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/206686/hello-i-m-quitting-dbd-forever

    I was waiting to use this thread for this. I thought it'd take a week at most, not literally a day lmao

    f£%# it ima try the survivor side

    edited out parts of uninstalling bc reinstalled

    Prob never going to touch killer except for daily's tho

  • I think you tunneled that man right off the hook. He looped you a bit and then he jumped in the locker.

    You got ds'd, and still after him. Gens popped, gg. 4 man escape.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    I think you tunneled that man right off the hook. He looped you a bit and then he jumped in the locker.

    You got ds'd, and still after him. Gens popped, gg. 4 man escape.

    Nope he ran right into me, sure there was a pallet he could have looped me on but nope

    ran to his crutch perk when he realised he messed up

  • Don't tunnel and you don't have to worry about DS

    image.png


  • @I_am_Negan said:

    Don't tunnel and you don't have to worry about DS

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RCY92AFIX78Q/image.png

    Fair point in most ds situation's, but the main problem with it is that the perk needs to exist. whenever i played killer 80% of survivors I play against run it, decreasing the perk variety severely what the devs probably wanted to do was add a fourth hook state inbetween first and struggle but thought it might shake the games core gameplay too much so decided to put it in with Myers dlc so the community backlash would mainly face against the perk not the game (bit of a stretch but not completely dumb)

    And why they decided to have it activate on a locker is just beyond me since it's easily abused and literally lost me a match. wasn't even tunnelling I had hooked a different survivor before getting boned by ds

    Oh well time to do the exact same thing im complaining about to a killer to prove to myself just how bat dookie op it is



    survivors Pov when he realised he won the game because of ds

    20200908_081637.jpg


  • Should've been (insert whatever killer people call OP these days) 4head. It's pretty ez.

  • @LAZ3R_M3RC3N4RY said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1757561#Comment_1757561

    How exactly am I supposed to avoid a ds with 30+ seconds on it when the'yre hiding in a locker. oh joy lost the game to an unavoidable perk with no counterplay if there in a locker YAY

    Ds is counterable. Dont tunnel, slug or simply ignore them. If you weren't tunneling you wouldn't have screwed up And if you hooked someone quick enough you had pressure and should be on gen patrol. If I see a recent unhooked leave after I down someone I wont chase them unless they are close. The fact 2 gens popped during your chase is a testament to your skill or the fact you didnt pressure and chose your battles wrong.

  • I feel you. It is incredibly obnoxious to lose a game like that. I've lost quite a few matches from someone DSing me right outside of an opened exit gate, and even more from someone forcing it out by working on a generator while it is active. It hurts my soul every time I lose the game because of that one perk

  • @LAZ3R_M3RC3N4RY said:

    Greeting from a console peasant

    Wanting to vent about annoyances

    the tipping point of annoyance was just today when I was playing myers for a daily, one of the survivors got caught out by the small terror radius and what does he do? HIDE IN A LOCKER AND D'S ME. I had such good momentum I would have put the team in SUCH a tricky spot but no, he can hide in a locker WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A HIGHLY DANGEROUS PLACE FOR A SURV TO BE IN and was entirely untouchable WHAT THE HELL WERE THE DEVS THINKING MAKING PLACES WHERE SURVIVORS ARE (practically) INVINCIBLE????!?!?!!

    THEN OF COURSE THE LAST TWO GENS POPPED AS I WAS RE CHASING HER AND IT WAS A 4 MAN ESCAPE

    Every time I get dsed I don't think "I OHNO SHOULDN'T OF TUNNELED" I just sigh

    Every killer ever who has gotten dsed 1000 times is just fed up it and ruins my fun when I know a survivor messed up AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO CAPITALISE ON IT

    i Lost to a factor COMPLETELY out of my control I was in such a good spot to snowball and win BUT NO devs want you to have to buy Myers dlc for ds instead of just making it so you if you get hooked again in a 60 second period it doesn't send you to struggle/dead

    And don't get me started on the PowerPoint presentation level fps on ps4 where I deranked from reds because it was so bad, or the Halloween non event where you get 3k bp for going to a different hook WOOPDY DOO

    Every time I play dbd (which I payed full price for) it feels like someone is trying to nag me to buy a dlc or a cosmetic, want to have a crutch get out of jail free card in which you can hammer a gen and still have it if you do it with another survivor BETTER BE BUYIN THOSE AURIC CELLS.....or you can wait 6 months for it to be in the shrine (Good luck!)

    And another problem is the swf this was mainly a problem back when I was a newbie but it still exists RED RANKS ABUSING SWF TO GET IN WITH GREY/GREEN KILLERS. How is this even possible in the first place

    if the devs won't do the job I'll do it for them

    make it so you can't swf with a person over 4 ranks above or below you or you could make it so the matchmaking goes solely on the highest ranks (either or)

    but no. Devs would rather hammer out new chapters and cosmetics instead of fixing there main source of increasingly bored-of-it income the killer main community is (for your info dev who has a 0.0000000000012% chance of actually reading this is 20% of your community (give or take)

    And there are so many bugs and cheatsy spots that to post them on this would probably take a few hours

    Personal note to devs

    you have a one hit wonder don't waste it by over saturating it and encouraging unfun play styles. The survivor knows they didn't deserve that free pass ,the killer knows, the team knows I'd even go so far as to say you know but you won't do anything about it dbd was incredibly fun back when I was greys/green but now it's stale and it feels like a chore it's not fun when a survivor can hide in a locker and be completely impervious for 60 seconds of that you have chosen to nerf good perks that are being overused instead of buffing bad ones to shake the meta for instance right now if I don't run ruin or pop goes the weasel I get gen rushed and the games over in 6 mins tops it pretty much locks killers to only actually be running 3 perks and having the option to change the gen regress perk

    Thanks for reading my venting wall of text if you even made it this far i apologise for any grammar or spelling mistakes I'm on moble, going to stop playing killer until the devs fix the broken mess they made

    damn this is the quality content why I come back to forums

  • I def understand your frustration. Survivor perks shouldn't be meant to bully the killer. I'm all for second chance perks but the way these survivors abuse DS with UB or other combos is just ridiculous. I'm honestly not sure how i'd want to see it fixed though. If the killer is tunneling you off the hook and you don't want to be slugged, jumping into a locker is a legit strategy for me. Just hope the killer isn't a trapper and lays a trap right in front of the locker lol