Ways to make Hillbilly more appealing?
I mained Billy a lot on the old days but now a days he's been over shadowed by Blight and Oni. Blight is easier to maneuver with his Mobility making him better at pressuring and Oni has his Blood Fury making a Killer with a great One Hit downs that got range and easier control with great mobility.
Playing Billy just boils my blood a lot, with his decrease charge add on gone and a cooldown and a SUPER tiny Chainsaw hit, Going against good survivors who really know how to spin and punish will boil my blood and throughout the match I will constantly think of the meme "Look at how they massacred my boy".
My main complaints are his TINY AF chainsaw hitbox, this complaint comes from the experience that The survivor needs to be under the camera and so close to the body that the chainsaw would then hit. Good Survivors that actually knows how to 360 or maneuver their Survivor will make hitting your Chainsaw infuriating as they can somehow dodge the chainsaw hit just by Spinning a little in the 1 or 2 sec that Billy needs to run! My next complaint is that his Add Ons are super crappy! Take a look at Otzdarva's Video here comparing the cooldown add ons and the video resulting in his BEST cooldown add on being the common one instead of the purple!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYk7somTxbQMy Suggestion is that make that chainsaw's charge time 2 seconds and the hitbox at least be Oni's level!
I don't know how to fix his add ons though as it was recently changed and reworked multiple times but still ended up bad.
As it stands now, a sane killer player would rather play Blight and Oni rather than Hillbilly on higher ranks. I must admit thought even as Billy currently stands, he still rekts unexperienced/bad players so he still gets an average kill rate on the stats but he is unappealing on higher ranks as there you fight good players more than potatoes.
Comments
The problem is you have to be really good with him these days to do well with him. Sure there are good billy mains out there who genuinely stomp almost any team, but if u don't play him reguarly then winning is hard. Although i doubt he's gonna be changed or amended any time soon.
Chainsaw hitboxes are messed up for both sides, with some bs hits and bs misses. Idk why they changed them they used to be fine.
I doubt they will ever change any part of his kit back to how they were, but I agree in that I would like to see a bit of a change to the hitbox of his chainsaw at the very least. I find it feels very inconsistent right now, not quite on the level of say grabbing people, but not far off either. I've gotten many hits I feel I should not have got and vice versa.
"Oni is a worse Billy"
"Billy is a worse Oni"
"Playing Billy just boils my blood"
I get the same feeling when I play Nurse. Even though there's no one else like her. I feel like I'm fighting the bugs more than the survivors.
I would like to see the two charge time addons buffed. If they just removed the activation requirement from Mother’s Helpers or the 4.4 m/s, well I would like that quite a bit.
I do think they should make up for it with increased heat to make up for the heat not generated by the faster charge.
I do not think Billy is in a bad spot. Just these two addons are a hole in my bloodweb pocket.
And black grease. Ugh. They should make this two yellows addons (like Demogorgon). Like increased yellow turn speed and yellow heat dissipation.
Revert his changes, at least to his movement. I don't really see a need for the overheat mechanic, bubba doesn't have it so why does billy?
If anything his chainsaw hit box is way too large, not too tiny. That's a first I've heard anyone say that it's too small ever.
Only think I'd want changed for Billy is his annoying roar when using his chainsaw.
Cannibal does have a holding chainsaw too long (overheat) mechanic.
Yeah, but when does it actually affect your gameplay unless you plan on camping? Even then, it is easily avoidable.
Same has been true in my experience with Hillbilly. I just wished he had a few updates to addons.
I'll only play Billy once he receives these buffs:
-He can fly
-He can throw hatches
-He has a gun
-His chainsaw instantly downs very survivor on the map
Picked up Billy recently because of the tome challenges making me try him out and he has quickly become my favorite killer.
The biggest thing that I hate is how ridiculous spinning is. You can usually look at the ground while revving and follow a spin as long as they're not on PC doing the proper high sensitivity 360, in which case you can forget reliably chainsawing them as they start turning into The Flash (seriously though, why is move speed/turn speed not capped Behaviour?).
Otherwise I find his chainsaw to be pretty reliable and even generous at times due to it snapping onto people.
Overheat feels really pointless and just punishes meme chainsaw sprint builds and inexperienced Billys imo.
PSA To any of you players that want to get into Billy, even if you're using mouse/keyboard: your initial curve is based on the controller sensitivity under killer settings. Setting it to 100% lets you do nearly a full 180 with the chainsaw.
Just remove the overheat mechanic and a bunch of people would play him just for fun. The overheat mechanic does nothing. Any Billy spamming his power isn't hitting any decent survivors. Good Billy's wouldn't be spamming his power enough to make a difference.
I mean, you are always dealing with overheating regardless of engravings, but they make things even harder. However, they are really fun to use.
Also at least if bubba uses his chainsaw, he can threaten multiple survivors instead of just one.
The only thing that I wish would be changed are his animations. Back when they changed it, it felt really disgusting while they were bugged, so I did not play Billy that much. They are somewhat ok, but they feel odd for me. I dont know what it is, I cannot describe it, but since they changed the animations, Billy feels less enjoyable for me, he feels wrong.
I dont think that anything else needs to be changed (at least for me). Whenever I pick up BIlly, I usually do alright (like I got the 2 Chainsaw-Hits in 1 game challenge on my first try). And I dont really care about Overheat, since it rarely affects me and I also dont care about the Add Ons, since I did not use them for ages before, and now that they are not as good, I will not start to use them.
I remember feeling the animation complaint months ago but I do not even remember what it was like before. Either it was reverted already or I have completely grown used to it
For Billy, his chainsaw is pretty dependent on survivors making a mistake.
Yeah his mobility is great, but if the survivors see him coming then all he could get is a normal m1 hit and it is not that hard to see a man with a chainsaw running towards you. Sure he could pressure survivors off gens easily, but he has trouble following up on that with a hit. Assuming you are against decent to good survivors you will have trouble actually downing them.
Now with a tinkerer build and/or stealth makes him much better because he can actually sneak up on survivors and I understand that this can actually work. Kind of sucks that he should run this most of the time though.