Deathslinger is so unbelievably unhealthy for the game
I really wanna know if anyone thinks deathslinger is balanced.
Why does huntress have a million year wind up time but deathslinger has a 0.15 second wind up time?
The fact deathslinger can injure you without even being in his terror radius is just stupid.
Please, tell me what you can do against a deathslinger. "juSt BrEaK lInE Of SiGhT" bro shutup.
once your in chase with a slinger there is nothing you can do except hope he misses.
Such a poorly designed killer, change my mind.
Comments
Ngl he is one of the most boring killers to go against I almost always suicide on hook if the slinger is godly because ik how the match is gonna go
At least pyramid head, huntress and others has cooldown for cancelling power, reason why ph was nerfed, for some reason they see deathslinger able to cancel and aim again with no penalty at all for faking power to make survivors go crazy
He is just like Phead. But at least Deathslinger needs a bit of skill since he needs to aim to hit and doesn’t have an enormously ranged and spammable M2 attack with 0 downsides.
They have this tendency now of releasing killers that put you in the situation of “doomed if you do and doomed if you don’t”.
Vault that window and I’ll get a free hit with my M2. Don’t vault it and you get M1ed. Your choices are : get hit or get hit. So much fun. So much skill. So much counterplay. Such good design.
This is different with Huntress for example because you need to actually be good to hit the hatchets, you can only throw so many, you have to reload. Takes practise, takes skill, it’s rewarding but punishing. Unlike Phead. Deathslinger is just a weaker version of Phead.
It's a weird trade off for Slinger. The only thing he has is the 1v1, and if you were to nerf that he'd just be a much worse huntress. I think he's decently designed except for the instant ADS, it could stand to be a little slower. Is it fun? Not for the Survivor most of the time, no.
Deathslinger is a perfect example of a balanced killer in the wrong way. His chase is one of the best, and it easily takes the most skill to properly use, but that's... Well, that's the end of it. Stealth? Kinda, I guess, if a 110 stealth killer that had a bigger TR than Myers is a stealth killer.
You can do the same thing you do with huntress. Deathslinger is far weaker than huntress, especially considering addons.
I don't know if you know this, but the primary objective for the survivors is to do gens, not get in chases with the killer. He is well designed because he's one of the few killers that can actually catch survivors, provided the deathslinger has taken the time and effort into becoming good. He's just like any of the other high skill cap killers.
You have to actually think when you fight the deathslinger, you can't just beeline to the nearest safe tile like you can with other killers.
I'm one of the top 200 deathslinger players, and there are survivors that can run me for 3 gens pretty easily by juking properly and actually randomizing their movements. Most survivors try to juke, but they do it in ways that are predictable, when they bank right they always stop at a certain point, or they always wiggle right then left, never changing to left to right, or banking for a half a second one time then banking for 2 seconds the next time.
Deathslinger promotes dynamic play, and the chances of facing a truly godlike deathslinger, which there are probably less than 50 in the entire game, is very low. This means that it's probably an error on your end that you're getting caught by them.
Personally I don’t have huge issues with Deathslingers. But you mention you’re one of the top players. Is that a list you made yourself?
Isnt that why most killers are unhealthy for the game? They are too good in 1v1 but lack everything else which usually end up with survivors winning if they do gens fast. Shouldnt they all be balanced around chases and map pressure?
No there's a leaderboard of who plays which killer the most somewhere, I just can't remember where it is. If this person is making that claim I imagine they're on the list.
Based on the leaderboards, I have ~1400 speared survivors downed. Not entirely a measure of skill, more of a measure of how long I've played deathslinger. Although you can make an assumption that the longer a person plays a killer and plays them to get better, they will get better.
Not saying I'm the best, but I'm a decent deathslinger and I can accurately shoot people. There are people that can quite easily juke me for 3 gens, and there are quite a few survivors that are good enough to time their dead hards just right to dodge hits too.
The problem with deathslinger is that the survivor has to actually try to survive, you don't need to do this with very many of the other killers, because there's a set amount of time they need to get to you, and you usually have enough of a grace to get to the nearest safe tile and loop them until they lose. At high levels, deathslinger is an anti good player killer, he prevents you from efficiently pathing, so you need to make that up by making him miss his shots, and you don't need to be too afraid of his shots if you aren't injured as you can use your speed boost to get to the other side of the map considering his movespeed and crutch perks like dead hard.
deathslinger is balanced he trades everything for the ability to quickly end chases. think of this game as a 4v1 not 1v1, your going to take a hook for the team that is more of a case with deathslinger. The best thing to do against deathslinger is spreading gens as he can't win as long as 1 or 2 survivors are doing gens separately.
chasing A+: can quickly end chases and has no win situations at vaults
map pressure F: power actually slows him on top of being a 110% speed killer
snowball potential C: only can snowball well if he spots an already injured survivor after a chase and downs them with his power.
ability to stop gen rush F: can't do anything to survivors on split gens or multiple survivors on a gen in front of him besides being just m1'ing them as using his power is risky and not effective against multiple survivors.
as for huntress her power is way better at dealing with multiple survivors and her windup time is there because she can injure survivors directly with her power. she is a killer more suited for the 4v1 aspect then deathslinger which is why she is slightly worse in a chase. in any case both are balanced.
Huntress can hit you from the other side of the map, outside both her terror radius and Lullaby. With iri head she can insta down you from across the map Deathslinger atleast has a limit for how far away he can be. Huntress hatchets have a ridiculous hit box, Deathslinger not so much.
And yet Huntress feels fair, while Deathslinger doesn't.
Simply because a skilled player can outplay a Huntress.
...
Didn't I just read a very similar post in this format but about Pyramid Head...
I've never felt I've received an unfair hit from a Deathslinger. I don't mind going against a Deathslinger, only time he's ever really an issue is when camping.
Huntress I feel like I get bs hits through walls pretty often, I'm getting outplayed by the ridiculous hit box not the other player.
Deathslinger is balanced in my opinion because while he's overbearing in a chase he has absolutely no map pressure. You beat him by genrushing.
That said I don't think killers whose power is 100% in control at all times are good for this game. Yeah, Billy can down me out in the open but if I position myself well I can temporarily control the chase. Leatherface can outrun a sprint burst now but if the survivor plays well with a pallet they can potentially stun him and have some leeway. Huntress can down me quickly from a mile away but if I see her charging up she'll have to lead her shot and predict me. Same with Nurse
Deathslinger doesn't have that due to his unreactable shots at close to mid range. It's very easy for him to do an instant shot with a tiny view of the survivor in a high wall jungle gym and still get the hit with nothing the survivor could really do thanks to how lenient the chain breaking can be outside of max range snipes, and add ons can actually make it inescapable. It's like if Trapper could just trap a strong pallet in full view of everyone but you couldn't disarm it.
With Billy or Huntress or Leatherface if you're caught out in the open not much will save you outside of that player messing up. But you still have a chance to juke and outplay the killer. You don't with Deathslinger because the shot is literally unreactable. People have done the math.
Then there's the fact that he's basically a stealth killer already so a lof of Deathslingers are able to get the first hit for free on a lot of maps because even when you hear him his TR is so quiet he's already 2 ft away from you.
huntress is more suited for the 4v1 aspect then deathslinger and tbh any killer that is as strong as deathslinger in a 1v1 feels unfair
i'm sure you have been in a match with a god nurse before right? did that seem fair if you disregard the amount of practice that player put into nurse.
While I agree with your first point I have to strongly disagree with the second. Deathslinger came out when I was still on console and even after crossplay became a thing I was still mopping the floor with survivors that had given me ptsd back when I played Clown or Micheal. Now that I'm on PC he's shockingly easy to play to an almost absurd degree.
Anyone with even a modicum of FPS experience in their lifetime can excel with Deathslinger due to the basic nature of his shot. There's no real aim sway, there's very little penalty for missing, the ADS is downright instant which is incredibly rare in FPS outside of CoD.
Just predict the 0.5 second shot with latency 4head
Sure showed me.
Big "we have voter fraud, no you can't see it" energy.
He may be harder to juke then Huntress
but don't ever compare skill level between the two.
You never know just how good a huntress really is because of her very forgiving hatchet hitboxes paired with absolute dogshit servers.
Decent death slinger players usually have some sort if fps background, any potato can throw a refrigerator and get a lucky hit.
Given the number of people I know with plenty of FPS experience that don't have an easy time of it, and injecting a modicum of objectivity, it is clear that the skill doesn't directly transfer for most people, and in many, many others isn't there in the first place.
Just because you personally find something to be easy doesn't eliminate the skill floor or cap. If there were another game that had similar controls to playing Nurse, and people spent thousands upon thousands of hours playing it, it wouldn't change the fact that Nurse is a very difficult killer to learn. You just happened to learn in a different format.
Don't worry, you get the twins soon 😂😜😉
Change your mind? Why bother?
I would argue that Nurse is punished significantly more for misusing her power aswell as being significantly harder to play and giving the survivor a much clearer warning that shes getting ready to use her power.