What happened to buttercake?

I haven't seen them on the forums recently, and I'm starting to miss the wierd stuff they post.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Banned.

    Can’t say any more than that.

  • @NoelleMina said:

    Banned.

    Can’t say any more than that.

    Oh jesus, was it that bad?

  • Your not allowed to talk about bans for any reason. Which is mostly to make it so the forums don't riot because they don't like a moderator's decision, but also kind of makes it feel like Big Brother's lurking in the shadows, waiting for us to make a mistake that we didn't know was a mistake.

    For any mods reading this, I'm just expressing an opinion about the atmosphere, not criticising any decisions.

  • Dang, these forums sure are ban heavy.

  • Don’t know. I wasn’t there when it went down, so I apologize. 😣 I miss him as well.

    But, as @OniWantsYourMacaroni said, we can’t talk about bans.

  • People aren't allowed to talk about bans or any kind of punishment because I dunno, I guess mods wouldn't be able to just bang boom bop whoever steps out of line without having to explain themselves if it wasn't for a good enough reason or the punishment was disproportional to what the person did (I'm just saying a potential explanation not actually saying that's what it is 😁)

  • @shinymon said:

    Dang, these forums sure are ban heavy.

    I'm really curious as to what got buttercake banned now, especially after all of the... interesting things they've posted before without a ban.

  • @Jacoby2041 said:

    People aren't allowed to talk about bans or any kind of punishment because I dunno, I guess mods wouldn't be able to just bang boom bop whoever steps out of line without having to explain themselves if it wasn't for a good enough reason or the punishment was disproportional to what the person did

    Didn't know they were banned, but now I'm just wondering how bad was the post considering the stuff buttercake has posted before.

  • I will say this. There's a place you can talk about this game without being under the thumb of (much) moderation. Go to 4chan.org and go to the video game general tab and click on the catalog button and type assg.

    We're used to American 1st amendment stuff but you have to remember this company is Canadian with French creators. They have a completely different mindset than we do on discussions. Not being mean, just calling a spade a spade.

  • Did the emoticon in one of the recent post made you think of him too?

    I do miss him

  • Just want to add and say I miss them also.

    🐷💖

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744817#Comment_1744817

    Dude, even you must understand American corporate with regards to appearance. This isn't a 1st amendment thing. There is a place for 3rd party discourse.

    "Saving Face" and "Appearances" are really Eastern concepts, you've just seen a lot more of it due to changing demographics. It's completely foreign to Western life. I know you're probably thinking I'm crazy for saying that but wait for America to change Section 230. The way things are now are not how they're supposed to be.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744959#Comment_1744959

    TBH, after reading section 230, I really wish that 230 would never change, and only that websites would have their own 'standards' based on a company moral 'compass'. Though that's probably too republican of a mindset...

    I'm not talking about it in terms of politics. Cast that aside for a second.

    You need 230 to change. Do you think Facebook/Reddit/any forum nowadays is really how people actually talk and communicate? If you spend all your time indoors you may think it is. It's a serious constricting of information. It's kinda like the taboo thing with Victor how everyone's getting upset because they're referring to the brother as a baby; because it's restricted new people aren't going to be aware until it's too late. Even if they put a banner at the top of their site saying hey don't do this, they'll eventually take it down and the taboo will happen again ad infinitum.

    All 230 going away says is "Hey, do you want to act like a publisher and filter people? Okay. You're now responsible for EVERYTHING posted, and you can't be a public forum if you're curating content.

    This will completely smack a lot of sites because people think nowadays moderation is curation, and it's not. A forum should be an open place for discussion, and moderators should remove things like gore post and illegal material, not be filtering opinions. (Even if they aren't something you agree with.)

    I'm going to bed though and won't be back on for about a day, but I promise you I'm saying this with your best interests at heart. Freedom is a wonderful, fantastic thing. There will always be bad actors, sure, but you don't send someone to life in prison for jaywalking.

  • Buttercake was my fellow felix profile pic pal ;(( I hope they come back around one day

  • @beached said:

    Buttercake was my fellow felix profile pic pal ;(( I hope they come back around one day

    If it is a temporary Ban, they will be back at the beginning of December (last Login was 4th of November, temp Bans are 30 days).

  • This thread hasn't been closed yet? lol I'm really surprised.

  • @Heartbound said:

    I will say this. There's a place you can talk about this game without being under the thumb of (much) moderation. Go to 4chan.org and go to the video game general tab and click on the catalog button and type assg.

    We're used to American 1st amendment stuff but you have to remember this company is Canadian with French creators. They have a completely different mindset than we do on discussions. Not being mean, just calling a spade a spade.

    Everyone is annonymous tho, not sure how or if we’ll ever get to talk to Buttercake again😔

    Hope he misses us too

  • Due to the way the thread went, bans are not to be discussed on the forums. We state that in the rules.