Keeping the trend of female killers having sad (but great) lore

I love the lore for the new character. All the female characters have lore that makes you pity them one way or another and it makes it interesting to read. Also i feel like had people read the lore (or just looked at the name tbh) they wouldn't be complaining about kicking victor

Comments

  • Some of the male killers are sympathetic as well. Wraith’s backstory is pretty tragic.

  • @dugman said:

    Some of the male killers are sympathetic as well. Wraith’s backstory is pretty tragic.

    Ik that i wasn't saying that male killers dont have sad backstories, I'm just saying its consistent that female killers backstories are usually sad compared to the guys

  • The only other option is the inborn psychopathic serial killer route, which a lot of people find offensive for some reason. Plus it's never been used with an original character in DbD except for Ghostface.

    Though I'm not entirely certain I would consider the Plague's lore to be sympathetic or tragic. She was a power hungry novitiate that uses faith, snazzy jewels and lies to rule an entire region whilst convincing herself, despite all evidence, that she was some kind of chosen one. No pity there, and none for the Pig either.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    The only other option is the inborn psychopathic serial killer route, which a lot of people find offensive for some reason. Plus it's never been used with an original character in DbD except for Ghostface.

    Though I'm not entirely certain I would consider the Plague's lore to be sympathetic or tragic. She was a power hungry novitiate that uses faith, snazzy jewels and lies to rule an entire region whilst convincing herself, despite all evidence, that she was some kind of chosen one. No pity there, and none for the Pig either.

    I assume that ppl find it offensive cuz a surprising amount of ppl have psychopathic tendencies.

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744120#Comment_1744120

    I assume that ppl find it offensive cuz a surprising amount of ppl have psychopathic tendencies.

    Approximately 1% of the population. Though I'm only offended when someone tells me that's all I can be.

  • I do like the lore they come up with...

    I also would like to write more lore (either more about their past, their first trail, or a bit of both)

  • @MadLordJack said:

    The only other option is the inborn psychopathic serial killer route, which a lot of people find offensive for some reason. Plus it's never been used with an original character in DbD except for Ghostface.

    Though I'm not entirely certain I would consider the Plague's lore to be sympathetic or tragic. She was a power hungry novitiate that uses faith, snazzy jewels and lies to rule an entire region whilst convincing herself, despite all evidence, that she was some kind of chosen one. No pity there, and none for the Pig either.

    isant clown a typical psychopath story? neglected by family and started of by killing small animals because it made him feel powerful then worked his way up to people.

    plague was willing to cut off one of her toes to appease the gods to spare a sick person's life so i would not say she's power hungary just an extremely devoted zealot.

  • @TruffleTurtle said:

    I love the lore for the new character. All the female characters have lore that makes you pity them one way or another and it makes it interesting to read. Also i feel like had people read the lore (or just looked at the name tbh) they wouldn't be complaining about kicking victor

    It is weird to me that Charlotte seems to be implied to still be somewhat sane/sentient in her backstory when she enters the fog. Granted, she would obviously still kill anyone that went near Victor as she seems like she was getting rabid and dangerous by the end of the backstory.

    I wonder what her tome well be about.

    I hope it doesn't just raise more questions like Trappers. Still angry about how that added nothing to his story outside of more questions.

  • @LiunUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744120#Comment_1744120

    isant clown a typical psychopath story? neglected by family and started of by killing small animals because it made him feel powerful then worked his way up to people.

    plague was willing to cut off one of her toes to appease the gods to spare a sick person's life so i would not say she's power hungary just an extremely devoted zealot.

    Yup, I did forget about clown. And yes, Adiris cut off her toe. In public, during a ceremony that cemented her place as the new priestess. She can use the gods as an excuse all she wants, that lady wanted fame and glory.

    Edit: being a zealot isn't mutually exclusive. In fact, a lot of zealots are motivated by that very desire.