I'm Only Going to Say This Once
You bought this game just like I did, so you have the right to play however you want. HOWEVER, please take note of the following:
- If you are a 'stealth' player who relies solely on this type of gameplay to carry you through games - you are a detriment.
- Urban evading around the map causes you to reach and therefore work on/complete objectives slower - you are a detriment.
- If you hide the second spine chill goes off in spite of the many cues/perks killers have to locate you - you are a detriment.
- If your cautious nature causes your teammates to regularly [progress in hook stages that they didn't need to reach - you are a detriment.
- If you escape any games at all, it isn't because of your amazing hiding/generator repair ability, it's because of one or two teammates that aggressively pursue objectives/run the killer (thus giving you the time to hold M1) - you are a detriment.
- When you're inevitably caught by the killer, assuming you are unfamiliar with how to run them at a basic level, then any time your teammates spend saving you is essentially wasted generator progress. You will take the same slow, measured approach to your objective and condemn them to losing a member or two (possibly a full wipe) due to how you choose to play - you are a detriment.
- Now, if you read all of this and still choose to play immersive, god bless, that's completely up to you and I think you should have that choice. Just be aware that you are playing in the least efficient manner possible and likely costing your team games without knowing it, and perhaps unintentionally.
For those of you that play this way, don't take this post as an attack on you as a person, but more the playstyle you favor. You should be able to play this way should you choose, but just be aware that you're making the entire game more difficult for your team.
Thanks for reading, guys and gals. :)
Edit: There's obviously some confusion about this post, so let me clarify: stealth isn't something you should always avoid at all times, but rather, it should be a temporary, second choice strategy in very niche scenarios.
Comments
Im glad you're only saying this once because this is an awful opinion. You're telling people they have a right to suck.
I use urban evasion because I pack sprint burst, so if I'm still exhausted I 100000% run to where I need to go next, but SB is important to keep me away from that hook and not 'wasting time' although I think it's rude to view it that way. I urban around the map to generators because it is faster than walking, and leaving scratch marks is the last thing I want to do. I am now super worried I'm a bad teammate, even though I always try to save others and work on gens, and I get so anxious when they run around without letting me heal them. I have had teammates that leave me on the hook until I'm close to dying because they were busy with gens, and that's my biggest fear every match. I run kindred for that reason, and also to know when I should go for the save. I love urban evading, it's awesome when I'm doing a gen and need to crouch behind a tree and such, but I also want people to understand that I don't want to use up a SB when I'm 2 feet from the hook, and I'm sorry for that. I will always save you and help with generators but my goodness it feels weird being chased and not having that little NYOOOM effect, y'know?
Hahaha somebody had some really nasty games with them Blendettes hahahaha But ok, you can be stealthy and still do good things for you team, it's just about knowing when to stealth and when not to.
Stealth is actually the most effective strategy at top levels of play. Only balanced by the fact that it's extremely boring so good players usually don't do it.
Ill partially agree with this. If your urban evading from 1 end of the map to the other while the killer is clearly nowhere around... Yeah, your not being very productive. If you manage to stealth away from a gen after spinechill lets ya know the killer is on the way, your still wasting plenty of the killer's time as he has to figure out who was on that gen. Avoiding the killer and not letting him start a chase as he's wasting time searching the area is a POSITIVE thing over getting an extra 5 seconds of gen progress done and allowing the killer to start a chase immediately. While its true that you have players who are TOO immersive which leads to them being unproductive, that doesnt mean there isnt a time and place to utilize stealth.
actually, its not lol
if you are hiding instead of doing gens or looping the killer, you are a detriment.
Survivors who waste their teams time are a Killer's best friend
I'm sorry I didn't realize other people get to determine/ridicule how someone else plays on a game they paid for.
As I said, this isn't a personal attack on anyone, if you should choose to interpret the OP as such, than of course you can. If it's clear that you're just trying to instigate an argument based on whether or not your character is under attack, I won't respond to you. This post addresses an issue that I think DBD suffers from, and it's that there are people who prefer a certain style of play that, while completely fine to adopt, doesn't lead to as high a rate of success as the more traditional run n' gun a toward objectives/killer.
If DBD had effective stealth mechanics/options that did make it effective, then by all means, that'd be great! I only support more effective styles of play, however, it's quite clear that stealth is not as productive as the aforementioned aggressive method.
Edit: I'd consider my opinion to be fairly informed, as I've not only put a fairly decent amount of time into the game playing survivor and killer, but I've also watched/listened to the opinions of players who play one of and/or both roles as well. Very few of them seem to have a playstyle geared toward stealth, and they will usually outline why.
then why is stealth used at higher ranks of play?
I agree with this. Stealth has it's uses. However if the killer if clearly somewhere else than people need to stop crouching and run. Unless they are saving SB.
Stealth is situational, and typically not used as a primary strategy by more experienced survivors. This post isn't to say that you should never stealth, ever, but more to highlight how stealth as a first and final approach to the game is not as effective as the alternative strategy. : )
For sure. Id say the youtuber Pain reliever is a good example of stealth gameplay done right. he manages to skirt around the killer when needed but stays plenty productive by just maintaining situational awareness.
when the way you play is detrimental to your team and the match, then yes, you can be ridiculed
it doesn't matter if you bought it, if you are a waste of space on the team, no amount of money spent will change that
Your original post is basiclly implying that it should be completely tossed though. Your 3rd bullet point is claiming that the situational awareness of spinechill isnt useful in letting you hide because the killer might have a tracking perk. In truth... Even if a killer has a tracking perk like BBQ, you can still manage to stealth away from your gen for afew seconds and avoid an unnecessary chase. While the killer might be 90% sure your still in the area because they spoted you on BBQ... They cant afford to invest too much time looking for you while letting the other gens go unpressured. This is the case MOST of the time with the exceptions being a handful of aura addons/perks that work at close range. If the killer has scratched mirror...no point in hiding. If the killer just has whispers, they only know your in the area but cant afford to waste too much time searching every bush and locker. You wasting alot of the killers time by them checking the area without any luck is JUST as valuable to your team if not moreso than you wasting the killers time by running around in circles of a pallet.
Pain reliever is an example of a survivor who also knows how to run killers. He's definitely not a one-trick pony in this regard. That said, I'm surprised how many people refuse to look at this factually, and are determined to turn this into some sort of attack on their humanity or something. I just pointed out that this playstyle, as a primary, is detrimental more often than not. Yeesh.
Of course, just a survivor who's plan A is stealth. Looping is something that he tends to start once plan A fails (AKA the killer found you). The guy also loves spinechill, lol.
I'm glad the OP is making sure we all know how to play by their rules. I didn't realize he created this game. It is always nice to see game creators who jump into the forums to make sure we are all playing correctly
Thanks!
Spine chill is a good perk but not for the reasons people think. It's good in helping you track the "vision cone" of killers that are hard to get a bead on, such as spirit, and assists you in getting to an advantage tile about 4 meters in advance if you're extra cautious. If you are also familiar with how many m/s a killer covers, you can use this to your advantage to determine when you should start running to a strong tile/using sprint burst etc.
Glad you're only saying this once because I don't wanna hear you say it again.
Urban Evasion is not faster than walking. It is exactly the same speed.
Walking speed: 56.5%
Urban Evasion tier 3: 56.5%
Immersion is only good if everyone is doing it. From a Killer’s perspective, ninja Survivor squads that literally only work on gens when you’re gone and have no intention of playing aggressively are much more frustrating to play against then you’d think
I tend to use both spinechill as well as bond to get a good situational awareness. Often times I might not be able to get a view of whats going on around me if Im working on the gen in the school on badham or something similar, so spinechill is a useful tool to let me know if the killer is coming towards me or if im hearing the TR cuz he just happens to be nearby. That being said, I'm also not going to make it super obvious where I went by leaving abunch of scratchmarks if the killer hasnt actually seen me yet. With the school example, theres multiple directions away from that gen I COULD have gone and theres no reason for me to make tracking me any easier by letting the killer know right away which direction is the correct one.
I get it, things like this aren't exactly thrilling to hear. Whether or not you want to admit it, there's a lot of truth to what I'm saying. Most players/killers will often speak on why this particular strategy isn't super effective, and many of them have many more hours/experience than I. Like I said, play how you wish, but do so with the knowledge that you're doing your team a disservice if your chasing skills haven't developed alongside your ability to hide.
I knew the risks making a thread like this, since many of you have likely decided to take this personally, but I feel it had to be said. Think about it, at the very least. There's no hostility or hatred in my post, just facts. Read it, agree or disagree with it, and let's have a discussion. You could take the easy route and simply condemn/leave.
Really??? I always pass other survivors walking when I urban evade, maybe it's just the placebo effect lol! I'm too used to it by now, though, and I do my best to be helpful and know that my worst plays are never due to UD, mostly me being dumb lol! But thank you for the clarification :0!
He's correct, Urban puts your crouch walk at the same speed as normal walking. You can actually boost your NORMAL walking speed by using fixated if your trying to move around while saving SB.
Oh wow, that's great to know!! I'm glad I commented on here, I have Nancy so I'll start leveling her up :)!
As stated prior, if you -are- an urban evader and you have fun doing it, I'd recommend practicing your chasing skills alongside it. That way, you can play the way you wish while contributing to the overall effort of the team by being difficult to catch once found.
It's probably really placebo due to the speedy crouching animation. The only real benefit of Urban Evasion is the low profile allowing you to stay out of sight as opposed to walking.
However as far as speed is concerned Fixated is way better (67.8%).
I mean if you want to loop a Spirit, Deathslinger or nurse go right ahead and see how that works out for you. I'd rather not give the strongest chase abilities an actual chase, you'd waste more of their time by hiding.
That's like saying I can go into an Overwatch competitive match (yes, I know this game isn't competitive, just hear me out) and picking Bastion (considered a throw pick on anything that isn't Junkertown) on KOTH maps.
Like, yeah, I'm allowed to play this way, but it's ruining the experience of (at LEAST) 5 other people.
Any time someone starts a post with some inflated sense of authority like this, I don't read it.
Didn't read this one, either.
TIL: I am a detriment. 🤷♀️
I also disagree with the stealth playstyle. Chases are more skillful. Speaking of which, if a teammate is dead before you've been chased once, it's on you. Learn to tank a chase, even if you're not a stealth player. Because when you get the killer to hook everyone twice before anyone is dead, you win.