Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks

The event, bugs, cash grabs, the discounts, ahhhh the flames of greed and stupidity are growing. And people are sick of getting burned. Idk bout yall, but I'm tired of bs, maybe a good kick in the pants will set bhvr straight. So, come grab a drink, enjoy some escape cake, sit back, and enjoy the fireworks.

Comments

  • @ShErMaDeRmA said:

    The event, bugs, cash grabs, the discounts, ahhhh the flames of greed and stupidity are growing. And people are sick of getting burned. Idk bout yall, but I'm tired of bs, maybe a good kick in the pants will set bhvr straight. So, come grab a drink, enjoy some escape cake, sit back, and enjoy the fireworks.

    And we can compare bethesda and bhvr while we are at it

  • Ooooh low blow man. I like it

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Is bussines as usual (and a little better) for me!

    "The event, bugs, cash grabs, the discounts, ahhhh the flames of greed and stupidity are growing. And people are sick of getting burned."

    The event?

    I got new addons for killers and survivors and oferings for more bloodpoint than usual Im glad is not "farm the canker as fast as posible and the suicide" again!

    Bugs?

    yeah bussines as usual with dbd! happily nothing gamebreaking for me (yet)

    Cash grab?

    Nobody forced me to bought anything yet! I only bougt the premium pass for the rift with the auric cell I spent (and got reinbursed) with the first one! (I didn't even bought the Cybil Bennet set because is too expensive for me, despite I being a huge fan of Silent Hill)

    Discounts?

    Well, as a conscious buyer I never buy anything day one, so only I will benefit from this, the devs are giving me free daily login rewards, so this time, aside from the "103" bugs plaguing the game, I really have nothing to complain about!

    I even got the Dwight scarecrow charm spending a hour(in my sunday) in the Samination's YT stream, a kind soul post a code in the chat, I ctr+c and ctr+V in the game store, and voila!!! got mine!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/69V31T86ZKOT/20201025151456-1.jpg

    what you call "flames of greed and stupidity"

    I call devs trying to get cash flowing to keep the game alive and with new content!!!

    And so far there are no predatory practices like in companies like EA or bethesda, thera are no loot boxes for naming an example!

    this company took in $118 million in revenue...you telling me they need more money to keep the game alive lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Is bussines as usual (and a little better) for me!

    "The event, bugs, cash grabs, the discounts, ahhhh the flames of greed and stupidity are growing. And people are sick of getting burned."

    The event?

    I got new addons for killers and survivors and oferings for more bloodpoint than usual Im glad is not "farm the canker as fast as posible and the suicide" again!

    Bugs?

    yeah bussines as usual with dbd! happily nothing gamebreaking for me (yet)

    Cash grab?

    Nobody forced me to bought anything yet! I only bougt the premium pass for the rift with the auric cell I spent (and got reinbursed) with the first one! (I didn't even bought the Cybil Bennet set because is too expensive for me, despite I being a huge fan of Silent Hill)

    Discounts?

    Well, as a conscious buyer I never buy anything day one, so only I will benefit from this, the devs are giving me free daily login rewards, so this time, aside from the "103" bugs plaguing the game, I really have nothing to complain about!

    I even got the Dwight scarecrow charm spending a hour(in my sunday) in the Samination's YT stream, a kind soul post a code in the chat, I ctr+c and ctr+V in the game store, and voila!!! got mine!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/69V31T86ZKOT/20201025151456-1.jpg

    what you call "flames of greed and stupidity"

    I call devs trying to get cash flowing to keep the game alive and with new content!!!

    And so far there are no predatory practices like in companies like EA or bethesda, thera are no loot boxes for naming an example!

    This guy loves the taste of boot.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Is bussines as usual (and a little better) for me!

    "The event, bugs, cash grabs, the discounts, ahhhh the flames of greed and stupidity are growing. And people are sick of getting burned."

    The event?

    I got new addons for killers and survivors and oferings for more bloodpoint than usual Im glad is not "farm the canker as fast as posible and the suicide" again!

    Bugs?

    yeah bussines as usual with dbd! happily nothing gamebreaking for me (yet)

    Cash grab?

    Nobody forced me to bought anything yet! I only bougt the premium pass for the rift with the auric cell I spent (and got reinbursed) with the first one! (I didn't even bought the Cybil Bennet set because is too expensive for me, despite I being a huge fan of Silent Hill)

    Discounts?

    Well, as a conscious buyer I never buy anything day one, so only I will benefit from this, the devs are giving me free daily login rewards, so this time, aside from the "103" bugs plaguing the game, I really have nothing to complain about!

    I even got the Dwight scarecrow charm spending a hour(in my sunday) in the Samination's YT stream, a kind soul post a code in the chat, I ctr+c and ctr+V in the game store, and voila!!! got mine!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/69V31T86ZKOT/20201025151456-1.jpg

    what you call "flames of greed and stupidity"

    I call devs trying to get cash flowing to keep the game alive and with new content!!!

    And so far there are no predatory practices like in companies like EA or bethesda, thera are no loot boxes for naming an example!

    what they try to pull with the event sound like they try see how far they can go before people can't/wont take it anymore.

    Dwight scarecrow charm is so PC sided console are having hard time getting it see your on pc I'm sure it wasn't hard for you

    took me 3 day to get it on ps4.

    bug that normal for this game so moving on

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707608#Comment_1707608

    And how many millions went to the development of this game? how many millions to the investors, taxe bills, personnel, sowtware, servers etc?

    I'm sorry but if a company with a single product can't keep the lights on with nearly 120 MILLION DOLLARS a year then either their budget or finances as a whole are pretty screwed up for one reason or another.

    We shouldn't be nickled and dimed if they can't keep their budget straight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707608#Comment_1707608

    And how many millions went to the development of this game? how many millions to the investors, taxe bills, personnel, sowtware, servers etc?

    Much less than 118 million that's for sure. That or they're really screwing it up in upper management.

  • The amount of constant complaining in the community is disgusting.

    I do believe that Skarkio made a valid argument and all of the boohoo-ing and wah-ing is really just a desperate cry for attention.

  • Bethesda, and EA would have made you pay for all the free content that BHVR has given you, is giving you, and is going to give you.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707747#Comment_1707747

    Right!! because new and current licenses, montly payment for sowtware, devleopment of new content weekly and monthly bills montly cost o and mantainance of servers, operation costs, investors' gainings etc didn't couldn't amount to millions,

    I'm sure if you had a videogame company and a live videogame you will give all new content for free and you will no get bothered by things like taxes or payments for software/server investrors etc! and of course you will never pay a dime for licences

    But this is real life!

    If how behavior handle his bussines bothers you this much, then the only thing you have to do is to no spend a single dollar in the game and move to play another!!! As simple as that!!

    One almost no company pays for monthly fees for software as its much cheaper and more reliable to buy X year long licenses

    Keeping servers running is expensive but no more then a million or 2 dollars for all servers AROUND THE WORLD! This is including taxation for space and tech upkeep.

    Indie devs have generally speaking below average pay so that's lower then you'd think.

    Operation costs are all the above so making them a separate cost doesn't make sense.

    Most licensing fees are either lump sum or royalties for that SPECIFIC DLC/Cosmetics for it. So its probably either already paid off if its lump sum or rather minor for royalties. If royalties were high no one would use the license as it would driven themselves bankrupt to try to.

    Finally the developers haven't truly given a free full chapter in 3 years on July 27th 2017 as the last one was the Huntress/David.

    Now here's a better question for you:

    Why is me pointing out that the company itself might be having finance issues bothers you so much?

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707732#Comment_1707732

    Much less than 118 million that's for sure. That or they're really screwing it up in upper management.

    @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707732#Comment_1707732

    I'm sorry but if a company with a single product can't keep the lights on with nearly 120 MILLION DOLLARS a year then either their budget or finances as a whole are pretty screwed up for one reason or another.

    We shouldn't be nickled and dimed if they can't keep their budget straight.

    Don't forget Deathgarden.I can imagine that they have lost a lot of money because of that.

    And i think DbD isn't their only project.

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707572#Comment_1707572

    this company took in $118 million in revenue...you telling me they need more money to keep the game alive lol

    You can't forget in stream they even have to renew licenses just so we can still as those licensed killers and Survivors. Pyramid Head and Cheryl might be a HUGE one to renew (considering it's Konami's characters) then you have freddy, leatherface, Micheal, Laurie, Ash, Steve, Nancy, Demo, Tapp, Pig, and Ghostface (I might be missing a few so let me know);

    While renewing the on their deadline might be a long ways to go it still costs a lot of money to renew those licensed characters. Does all the money go to licenses? No, absolutely not but considering some of those are BIG Ips they'll cost a bit to renew each one. A lot of money goes to each different thing. There's higher ups, workers they have to pay, the changes made to the game (i.e graphic updates and animations). While this is my first official "big" event (aside from the scarlett swarm event) I don't know how to truly feel about it, but I can wholeheartedly agree that it's not fun. It took me 4 not 3 matches just to harvest those visceral canker plants only to get 4,000 bp. I was hoping I'd get *something* because that's what dbd lore is also centered on': Vigo's Escape, The Blight events, and more importantly The Pustla Flower. Not to mention 21K shards was asking waaaaaaay too much for just a cosmetic especially with the current grind. A double XP day would be sweet considering this is a grindy game. Even Rocket League has Double XP Days so players can at least earn some stuff for their events or Rocketpass. And if I'm buying Auric cells I'm spending them either on a character or the rift pass (pay a thousand get a thousand) not on cosmetic since I'm only getting one thing out of it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Is bussines as usual (and a little better) for me!

    "The event, bugs, cash grabs, the discounts, ahhhh the flames of greed and stupidity are growing. And people are sick of getting burned."

    The event?

    I got new addons for killers and survivors and oferings for more bloodpoint than usual Im glad is not "farm the canker as fast as posible and the suicide" again!

    Bugs?

    yeah bussines as usual with dbd! happily nothing gamebreaking for me (yet)

    Cash grab?

    Nobody forced me to bought anything yet! I only bougt the premium pass for the rift with the auric cell I spent (and got reinbursed) with the first one! (I didn't even bought the Cybil Bennet set because is too expensive for me, despite I being a huge fan of Silent Hill)

    Discounts?

    Well, as a conscious buyer I never buy anything day one, so only I will benefit from this, the devs are giving me free daily login rewards, so this time, aside from the "103" bugs plaguing the game, I really have nothing to complain about!

    I even got the Dwight scarecrow charm spending a hour(in my sunday) in the Samination's YT stream, a kind soul post a code in the chat, I ctr+c and ctr+V in the game store, and voila!!! got mine!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/69V31T86ZKOT/20201025151456-1.jpg

    what you call "flames of greed and stupidity"

    I call devs trying to get cash flowing to keep the game alive and with new content!!!

    And so far there are no predatory practices like in companies like EA or bethesda, thera are no loot boxes for naming an example!

    Look I'm happy for you and all, but this "passive consumer" ######### is what enables BHVR to continue degrading the player experience with no consequences. "Hey I got something so I'm happy!" Don't ever be happy with getting the bare minimum from a company that only sees you as a dollar. Demand more from your entertainment (especially when it's something you bought...and continue to support by throwing money their way for DLC every 3 months as well as overpriced cosmetics and all they do is continue to chip away at the player experience just enough everytime so people won't cause an uproar. They took too much away this time though and people are catching on lmao)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1707658#Comment_1707658

    Yeah, I agree they could manage events better, and is oobvious they didn't consider the difficulties of inserting a code in consoles!

    For that I suggest you and all of you who thinks there are better ways to do this, to gather your ideas gave the devs feedback in the right section of the fourm!

    That is way more constructive than making a pointless thread ranting and throwing a drama like a regular "karen"

    I agree