Help Thread for the DEV Team to fix the Issues with the PS4. Please share your Issues

Hello DBD Community,

The last patch broke the Game on PS4 with heavy performance issues and I hope that this thread will help the DBD Team to find a solution for the Problems. I created this Threat so that all the Information and Feedback we have for the DBD Team is in one place and not scattered around the forums.

Please list down your Issues with the Game Performance on PS4.

Be specific and share your experiences.

For Example:

System: PS4

Issue: Frame rate drops. Stuttering gameplay. Massive Lags when <insert here what happened>

Map: Backwater Swamp

Survivor/ Killer: Meg/ The Blight

Time: 6pm

If you have Video Footage awesome, if not try to describe it as good as possible.

Please don't post any hate messages to the DEV's or the MOD's. Be respectful and let's find a solution together to get a fix for the problems as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    Hey, if you still got problems with the PS4 Framerate, please try updating your Firmware to 8.0. That might fix it! If this doesn't work, please ping me and I will get back to you.

    @Gay Myers (Luzi) I have done this and I still have massive problems.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703672#Comment_1703672

    We've had people say they weren't updated ye. There was an update on the 14th October 2020.

    Hey myers I checked and I'm up to date but still having major frame issues, thank you tho for your response will add any issues examples to this thread in hope it helps the team find a fix to our issues.

    🐷💖

  • It's a slideshow simulator for me on PS4, nothing to do with my system since it's only 4 months old because I bought a new one so we could have the old one in my living room. I've actually went back to F13 which is completely dead and buggy, but it plays better than DbD right now.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    Hey, if you still got problems with the PS4 Framerate, please try updating your Firmware to 8.0. That might fix it! If this doesn't work, please ping me and I will get back to you.

    its been updated since the 14th. The killer role is unplayable.

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703672#Comment_1703672

    We've had people say they weren't updated ye. There was an update on the 14th October 2020.

    On PS4, if you don't upgrade to newest firmware, you can not access any online PSN services. If someone told you they did not update last version, I doubt they can access or play the game.

  • Heres my video of survivor gameplay after this patch to confirm what this guy is saying as well.


    https://youtu.be/n3_s9lb8XNY

  • @gelukrait said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703684#Comment_1703684

    On PS4, if you don't upgrade to newest firmware, you can not access any online PSN services. If someone told you they did not update last version, I doubt they can access or play the game.

    I'm just relaying information I was given to ask :)

  • @Gay Myers (Luzi) said:

    Hey, if you still got problems with the PS4 Framerate, please try updating your Firmware to 8.0. That might fix it! If this doesn't work, please ping me and I will get back to you.

    I'm on 8.0 and I played a few survivor games to test, frame rate is very low on both old and reworked maps especially at the start of the match and it regularly drops even lower - I died on second hook every time due to frame droping while I'm struggling unless I was rescued instantly

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703605#Comment_1703605

    I'm on 8.0 and I played a few survivor games to test, frame rate is very low on both old and reworked maps especially at the start of the match and it regularly drops even lower - I died on second hook every time due to frame droping while I'm struggling unless I was rescued instantly

    You should try nurse actually don't lol its horrible I retried for 2 matches one as nurse one as piggy and oh my it was just a nightmare frame wise and had a huge headache afterwards lucky I have eso to enjoy 🐷💖

    edit to say all I want to do is the rift challenges but yeah that's a big fat no.

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705101#Comment_1705101

    You should try nurse actually don't lol its horrible I retried for 2 matches one as nurse one as piggy and oh my it was just a nightmare frame wise and had a huge headache afterwards lucky I have eso to enjoy 🐷💖

    edit to say all I want to do is the rift challenges but yeah that's a big fat no.

    Ahah I wasn't willing to even try playing killer let alone nurse. Especially still being in red ranks despite not playing in a couple of months - I'll take it as a compliment, clearly I'm too powerful to be reset

  • @HittingOnHook said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/199354/man-people-are-not-exaggerating-about-ps4-frame-rate

    the game is stuttering with high-end PCs so it is an optimization problem that devs have to deal with

    imagine this on LOW-end PCs ...ohhh god.....currently..if the devs dont do nothing to optimize the game....they are gonna make a lot of player with minimum requirements left the game eventually because of a huge low unplayable framerate....i bought this game 2 years ago...and this game is rlly degrading perfomance alot since badham and yamaoka got reworks... :(

  • Its really depressing that an update that causes this...it takes a full week to fix...i know games are tough...but man...its been out since 2016..and its every update

  • Still no eta on fix eh? Sure we can get the log in bonuses but they better extend the event.....

  • @MB666 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1693630#Comment_1693630

    imagine this on LOW-end PCs ...ohhh god.....currently..if the devs dont do nothing to optimize the game....they are gonna make a lot of player with minimum requirements left the game eventually because of a huge low unplayable framerate....i bought this game 2 years ago...and this game is rlly degrading perfomance alot since badham and yamaoka got reworks... :(

    well there is a second chance option... pay 20 bucks for DBD in Stadia regular account and play with ur low-end PC with high speed connection

  • @musstang62 said:

    I've been playing on and off since Clown came out, but I don't think I've ever seen the PS4 frame rate getting this bad. Here's the first 50 seconds of the only killer match I played post-patch

    https://youtu.be/YwEdzGlc7qE

    I don't really know what to say. It's really disappointing for this issue to pop up right around the Halloween event

    That doesn't look that bad, but we all know it was worse in the actual game.

  • @MandyTalk can you merge my thread into this one since its basically the same premise?

  • So still no update on this huh

  • I haven’t played since the update because it’s unplayable. Stinks. The strange thing is that it’s worse with certain killer characters. I was able to finish a match with the nightmare (barely) but got disconnected with the trapper. Trapper was so bad/stuck it was not playable. I had a 4K, hooked the last survivor and it froze up And it thought I quit and banned me from matchmaking.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I can understand why they don't, but I really wish the devs would just level with people so we feel a little less helpless here. Like, even if this were the response, I would be okay with it:

    "We are aware of the performance issues that have worsened with the latest patch, and we sincerely apologize for the poor gameplay experience it has caused for some players. While we are currently investigating what's causing the dropped frames in the latest patch, we expect to need to rewrite substantial amounts of fundamental code in order to make meaningful improvements to the frame rate. This effort has been underway for several months and we will continue to prioritize it going forward, including during our realm redesign process. We will continue to keep you updated on our progress and we thank you for your patience in the meantime. See you in the fog!"

    Yeah,any kind of information on optimization would be appreciated.

    It's just frustrating as hell to get no updates at all.It makes us console/low end pc player feel like BHVR doesn't care about us at all.

    Just give us ANY kind of info please :(

  • I have been playing with cross-play disabled on PS4 since the latest patch to level the playing field. The constant stuttering makes it really difficult to compete against PC players with higher and consistent framerate. I really hope this issue gets fixed soon as I'm finding it hard to enjoy the game in it's current state.

  • Is anyone else having their game actually freeze for 1 to 2 seconds during match?? We have 2 PS4 consoles, girlfriend has an OG and I have a Pro. We run side by side and so far I've compared them. On my Pro (btw is freshly cleaned with new thermal paste) it will do the normal framerate drop at beginning that everyone speaks of. But during match it will freeze 2 maybe 3 times. It will freeze when someone is opening a chest, finishes cleansing a totem, hook rescue etc. On a action being finished is when it mainly happens. This then cause me to die on hook or get caught mid chase because it will freeze for 1 to 2 seconds during looping or struggling. On her OG PS4 it's just bad framerate, she's never been screwed over like I have with the experiencea above. Please tell me I'm not the only one... Also really hope it's fixed soon. I have almost $500 invested in this game via DLC and cosmetics. If I have to give the game up because it's unplayable for me... I might gamble with a lawsuit just because I have the money to do so.

  • I don't know how specific I can be when every match with every killer so far has had frame issues on both sides. The only specific example I can think of right now is on Ormond against a Billy the frames got so bad a one point he instant transmissioned into the killer shack while I was on the gen with someone else. Probably only a few meters but still.

  • I reinstalled the game and it's running better

1 2 ›