The original hallowed blight complaints
Were the hook suicides even that bad? I've heard from multiple people that despite how much it was complained about the actual suicides were rare.
So what was y'alls experience with it?
Were the hook suicides even that bad? I've heard from multiple people that despite how much it was complained about the actual suicides were rare.
So what was y'alls experience with it?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I only remember a couple matches with hook suicides. Otherwise, people played pretty much normally.
Some people who've responded to other posts I've made said that BHVR took the complaints too seriously.
To be honest the withering blight was the result of those complaints. It was such a crap event, if you could even call it an event.
I started playing DBD during the Hallowed Blight event in 2018. I attempted escaped pretty much every match back then because I thought you were supposed to after doing the tutorial and it having you attempt escape. When I started I played 2/3swf and my teammates were also new to the game and thought the same thing. I feel bad for the randoms that got stuck with us, probably thought we were trying to suicide on hook when really we just didn't know any better. ๐
The 2018 Halloween event was one of my favourites, quickly folllowed by the Summer event in the same year. People were just running around, getting their flowers, and then mess a bit with the killer, and do some gens. It was so chill, and everyone had fun.
Maybe I am just nostalgic, but I REALLY miss those times.
It was efficiency plain and simple. Max out your vial, die, start new match.
Then you have matches where you don't get a single one done because killer found you first and all your teammates sucked them dry.
It was awful and stressful either way.
I couldn't finish it anyways because I was hospitalized. Was glad they let you keep tokens for an extra few weeks so I could at least get a few things when I was released.
I enjoyed the event, too. I was so disappointed last year that it didn't come back. Hallowed Blight 2018 is what brought me in to play DbD in the first place.
When a majority (51%+) of my Survivor matches were barely getting 2 generators done before Killer just has too much pressure and wins (be from 3-4K or turning the match into a Farming match out of pity) due to a different Survivor filling a vial then dying on first hook?
Yeah no good riddance.
And don't get me started on needing to dedicate Agitation and Iron Grasp because event hooks decided to spawn around the perimeter when I have 3 other hooks I could easily get to first.
to me the suicides on hook weren't bad in the event they bad now there is no event.
Obviously there are changes that could have been implemented to make the event better. Like make the harvesting interaction a 2 second animation where the survivor pulls out a syringe and gets some nector.
Or another thing could have been a cracked vial would appear when you filled your first one in a match. This vial could be filled up all the way, so you could get two putrid serum in a match. But if you died then you'd lose the second vial. Basically giving more incentive to stay in the match for the chance to get more serum.
I dunno, just a couple of things they could have done to make the event better in my opinion.
The 2019 lunar event was the best event by far.
It still had the side objectives theme like the blight event however for the most efficient points get required survivors to escape you actually had games where survivors were trying.
So when you were playing survivor you didn't feel like you were the only person doing work and when you were playing killer you didn't feel like you would just killing bots.
In the 2018 blight event everyone was so obsessed with getting the plans that nobody didn't generators or people basically killed themselves and hooks to get to the next match more quickly.
Even if you had matches with people didn't kill themselves on hooks because nobody was doing gens the killer would often gets so much pressure that snowballing was easy by the time people actually started to care about generators. ( in fact people also prioritised plants over saving people during that event when I played survivor. I slipped into second stage or died on first hook so many times it wasn't even funny)
As a killer you actively to basically throw the game to have a challenging match.