Why DBD is not dying

Yes, I did see @Babyyy_Boyy s post. This is not related to him, nor am I challenging him.

A lot of people think DBD is dying, with the constant matchmaking issues, bugs, unbalanced things, and scummy tactics. And through all of this, the player base has stayed strong. It is not dying.


Look at the Xbox 360's orange box. That has tf2 on it, and they never updated it, for 13 years. Nothing at all. You can still boot up the game, and find lobbies. Full lobbies of 8 people on each team. The reason it never died is because the game was perfect, with almost no bugs at all.

What I'm trying to say is, BHVR, please don't let us down. We know you have no competition, and you don't have to try as hard. But for your player base, the people, your fans, listen to us. Try our ideas, fix bugs, please. I don't want this game to die. But if something isn't done, it will soon.


also why is the figma trapper 100 $ man, come on. You know us peasants can't afford that.

Comments

  • Or.... Steam charts.

    Seriously, just because DbD took a 6k dip last month doesn't change the fact that their playerbase has almost doubled in the last year on Steam alone.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Or.... Steam charts.

    Seriously, just because DbD took a 6k dip last month doesn't change the fact that their playerbase has almost doubled in the last year on Steam alone.

    But how many of those are new players that won't leave in a few days because of the grind, awful matchmaking, bugs, macrotransactions? I mean, the global steam achievements say loads about how many people stayed to play DbD in the longrun, considering that only ~14% of survivors and ~8% of killers reached rank 10.

  • Some people are complaining about the current state of the game, but there is silent people who enjoy the game currently.

    There are bugs, but i know games which have more. I think its ok but not perfect. I mostly complain about hit validation but its not every games.

    I know camping and tunneling are enoying but if im being facecamped because i looped the killer for 3 gens, i know i did good and im happy to sacrifice myself for my team.

    I mean, the game is not perfect, but still fun and im optimistic for the future.

  • Nah DBD is fine. They wouldn't push out new content if they wouldn't believe in their strategy.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Yes, I did see @Babyyy_Boyy s post. This is not related to him, nor am I challenging him.

    A lot of people think DBD is dying, with the constant matchmaking issues, bugs, unbalanced things, and scummy tactics. And through all of this, the player base has stayed strong. It is not dying.

    Look at the Xbox 360's orange box. That has tf2 on it, and they never updated it, for 13 years. Nothing at all. You can still boot up the game, and find lobbies. Full lobbies of 8 people on each team. The reason it never died is because the game was perfect, with almost no bugs at all.

    What I'm trying to say is, BHVR, please don't let us down. We know you have no competition, and you don't have to try as hard. But for your player base, the people, your fans, listen to us. Try our ideas, fix bugs, please. I don't want this game to die. But if something isn't done, it will soon.

    also why is the figma trapper 100 $ man, come on. You know us peasants can't afford that.

    You know BHVR don't decide the price of 3rd party merchandise right? That's down to the creators of the merch, not the ones who give the license to make it.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682830#Comment_1682830

    But how many of those are new players that won't leave in a few days because of the grind, awful matchmaking, bugs, macrotransactions? I mean, the global steam achievements say loads about how many people stayed to play DbD in the longrun, considering that only ~14% of survivors and ~8% of killers reached rank 10.

    Who cares - a consistent increase in players is a consistent increase in players. Even if it's all different people... DbD isn't free-to-play.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Yes, I did see @Babyyy_Boyy s post. This is not related to him, nor am I challenging him.

    A lot of people think DBD is dying, with the constant matchmaking issues, bugs, unbalanced things, and scummy tactics. And through all of this, the player base has stayed strong. It is not dying.

    Look at the Xbox 360's orange box. That has tf2 on it, and they never updated it, for 13 years. Nothing at all. You can still boot up the game, and find lobbies. Full lobbies of 8 people on each team. The reason it never died is because the game was perfect, with almost no bugs at all.

    What I'm trying to say is, BHVR, please don't let us down. We know you have no competition, and you don't have to try as hard. But for your player base, the people, your fans, listen to us. Try our ideas, fix bugs, please. I don't want this game to die. But if something isn't done, it will soon.

    also why is the figma trapper 100 $ man, come on. You know us peasants can't afford that.

    Lemme just pour one out for TF2 because that game WAS perfect before valve decided to experiment and turn it (and their other games) into a cash machine.

    raw.png


    There's lots of ways to kill a video game, but the fact that DBD has ZERO competition will keep it alive for a long time. Instead of all the fixes and stuff at this point I'd rather have DBD2 - a chance to start clean with the code and the design choices

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/198092/why-dbd-is-not-dying

    You know BHVR don't decide the price of 3rd party merchandise right? That's down to the creators of the merch, not the ones who give the license to make it.

    It was a joke.

  • @Anara said:

    Some people are complaining about the current state of the game, but there is silent people who enjoy the game currently.

    There are bugs, but i know games which have more. I think its ok but not perfect. I mostly complain about hit validation but its not every games.

    I know camping and tunneling are enoying but if im being facecamped because i looped the killer for 3 gens, i know i did good and im happy to sacrifice myself for my team.

    I mean, the game is not perfect, but still fun and im optimistic for the future.

    I know that feeling once looped a pig for 4 gens the second she got me she just stood there to make sure I'm not saved and I'm like yup I'd do the same thing

  • Game isn't dying. It's getting even more popular than before, thanks for the more balanced gameplay, DLC's etc.

    The reason why with each day less people play it, it's because they only play the game if something special happens like event, dlc drop, PTB etc.

    People just follow popularity and it's normal. And popularity doesn't stay in one place.

    However I don't know how about others, but lately the amount of bugs that are in game are getting out of control and makes the gameplay annnoying, unfun and uplayable. (Keys and moris are also annoying and should be already been nerfed as it makes both sides unhappy.)

    It would be better if BHVR would listen more to the player's feedback about the game. Dead by Daylight is what are people are interested, not the politics stuff and I'm pretty sure that most of the people would prefer to see what's going about the game and in what future the game is going.

    Peace.

  • @Mikerotch said:

    If there ever is competition, i'll be jumping ship in a heartbeat.

    there already is so, toodles i suppose

  • the community has said that DbD was dying for 4 years now.


    yet we are more than ever. this game isnt even close to dying. not at all.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Or.... Steam charts.

    Seriously, just because DbD took a 6k dip last month doesn't change the fact that their playerbase has almost doubled in the last year on Steam alone.

    It hasn’t doubled in the last year. It started to increase during the pandemic and lockdowns. Losing 6-7k within the past 2-4 weeks should be concerning

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682830#Comment_1682830

    It hasn’t doubled in the last year. It started to increase during the pandemic and lockdowns. Losing 6-7k within the past 2-4 weeks should be concerning

    Still it will survive. Sometimes I am not sure if that is a good thing. Imo, it makes the devs too comfortable. Once you stand on the edge of a cliff, it can change your mind - symbolically speaking. So that they finally start doing the right things. But that is just hoping from my side.

    Also maybe the 6-7 hang together with the pandemic. In many countrys are the restaurants open again and all the other stores and locations. People move out again. Ok that will not fit to everyone, but to some I bet.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682830#Comment_1682830

    But how many of those are new players that won't leave in a few days because of the grind, awful matchmaking, bugs, macrotransactions? I mean, the global steam achievements say loads about how many people stayed to play DbD in the longrun, considering that only ~14% of survivors and ~8% of killers reached rank 10.

    I got the game for 7 bucks on sale a couple months back.

    I've since added on $10 worth of Auric Cells for Premium Rift (got $5.50 back directly Rifts, spent those on Freddy + like 30 cosmetics, made it to level 44 on the tracker).

    I've purchased two chapters when they were on sale for either 40 or 60% off, can't remember - Hag & Deathslinger (Believe it was about $7 combined)

    I purchased Bubba when he wasn't on sale ($5).

    In total, I've still paid less than $30 for a game that I've invested over an hundred hours into, with no signs of slowing... I've also got two great perks for my main killer (Hag), Monitor & Abuse/Make Your Choice for free via Shards... so I'm not even hitting a paywall running what I want to run.

    How is this not fair?