This issue with windows need to be fixed.

The issue I'm talking about is not being able to pick up a survivor if they're right next to the window. I got burned by that. I could have had 3 people hooked but I was trying to get the third, they were right against a window and all I could do was go through not pick them up. so I lost 2 of them. If I could have hooked the third I would have had the final person in bottle neck.

Comments

  • face away from the window while picking them up, it'll leave you open to a flashlight save but it's alot better than not being able to pick them up at all right?

  • The devs don't care. Keep it all on one button even if it's junk.

    You spend so much time messing about trying to pick them up whenever they're near something else that it allows other survivors to get in position.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    The devs don't care. Keep it all on one button even if it's junk.

    You spend so much time messing about trying to pick them up whenever they're near something else that it allows other survivors to get in position.

    Still though the contextual system should be much smarter than it is.

    It should know/detect that there is no reason a killer would want to vault instead of pick up.

    Why does the game think I want to drop a pallet instead of heal a dying survivor?

    Right now getting the correct contextual action popping up is very fiddly.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    The issue I'm talking about is not being able to pick up a survivor if they're right next to the window. I got burned by that. I could have had 3 people hooked but I was trying to get the third, they were right against a window and all I could do was go through not pick them up. so I lost 2 of them. If I could have hooked the third I would have had the final person in bottle neck.

    Easy resolve, Back up until you're against the window then try to pick up the survivor. Works everytime

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    The devs don't care. Keep it all on one button even if it's junk.

    You spend so much time messing about trying to pick them up whenever they're near something else that it allows other survivors to get in position.

    If the survivor get a flashlight save that means the Killer made a mistake. You need to look around before you pick him up. That's much better as try to pick him up for 10 secounds.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682068#Comment_1682068

    If the survivor get a flashlight save that means the Killer made a mistake. You need to look around before you pick him up. That's much better as try to pick him up for 10 secounds.

    The idea is that you can pick them up quickly while no survivors are nearby but because the game controls like ######### those 10 seconds you spend struggling to pick someone up allows survivors to get into position also it forces you to look away from walls.

    I haven’t been blinded by this yet but its in the back of my mind. When it happens I’ll quit and likely uninstall.

    Stop defending terrible mechanics. Since you’re survivor biased how about this its comparable to when you want to disarm a trap but the game forces a pallet drop instead which drags you into the trap.

    Theres no excuse for such crap design where everything is on one button

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682743#Comment_1682743

    The idea is that you can pick them up quickly while no survivors are nearby but because the game controls like ######### those 10 seconds you spend struggling to pick someone up allows survivors to get into position also it forces you to look away from walls.

    I haven’t been blinded by this yet but its in the back of my mind. When it happens I’ll quit and likely uninstall.

    Stop defending terrible mechanics. Since you’re survivor biased how about this its comparable to when you want to disarm a trap but the game forces a pallet drop instead which drags you into the trap.

    Theres no excuse for such crap design where everything is on one button

    "I haven’t been blinded by this yet but its in the back of my mind. When it happens I’ll quit and likely uninstall."

    Don't give me the game Idea to do that XD

    "Stop defending terrible mechanics. Since you’re survivor biased how about this its comparable to when you want to disarm a trap but the game forces a pallet drop instead which drags you into the trap."

    Why do you think I'm survivor biased? I play both. And what are you talking about you Press M1 to disarm a Trap and space for a pallet drop. Let me guess ps4? Welp it's maybe not the Devs fault for that Design. Play on PC maybe then you can Play the game right :3

  • its a little stupid that all actions are bound to Space, thats true (it keeps things simplistic though, which is also important).

    but there are a couple of things you can do to avoid such a thing from happening:

    1. look away from the window. you cant vault a window when you stand with your back to it
    2. vault the window from the other side. that way you will immediately get the "pick up" action (this is kinda the same as the first though, as you end up in the same position)
    3. wait a second before pressing space and look what the key would trigger in this moment. then, if its not the action you want, move around a little until it updates.


    should you fall for it any vault the window, eigther go for option 2, or, should they heal him hit through the window. if it was a dropdown window, F.

  • At times it can become a bit of a mess when several interactions are mapped to the same button. Same if you try to vault a window with a locker near it as survivor, you better make sure you're looking away from that locker when you press spacebar.

    As said you can look away from the window to pick up, but the vault prompt should probably only be there if you can see the window itself. So you can look up to pick up instead of vaulting or something like that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I wish this game just had more granular button mappings in general; this is just one example of the issues this causes. I can't even tell you how many times I've accidentally jumped into a locker when trying to vault a window, accidentally wasted my Saboteur while trying to heal someone under the hook, or accidentally dropped a pallet while trying to hit a skill check that popped up at the very end of my heal while healing under a pallet.

    I have an entire keyboard devs, I would like for all of the actions in the game to not be on the same few buttons!

    This is one of the few issues that affects both sides. I too wish some actions could be remapped. Starting to search a chest instead of vaulting or whatever is very fustrating.

    With a keyboard at least there's options, but my Xbox controller only had so many inputs. But yeah let me play around with some actions on it.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    its a little stupid that all actions are bound to Space, thats true (it keeps things simplistic though, which is also important).

    but there are a couple of things you can do to avoid such a thing from happening:

    1. look away from the window. you cant vault a window when you stand with your back to it
    2. vault the window from the other side. that way you will immediately get the "pick up" action (this is kinda the same as the first though, as you end up in the same position)
    3. wait a second before pressing space and look what the key would trigger in this moment. then, if its not the action you want, move around a little until it updates.

    should you fall for it any vault the window, eigther go for option 2, or, should they heal him hit through the window. if it was a dropdown window, F.

    I think the problem is with how hectic the game can be at high rank people want fast and responsive controls.

    Having to mess about walking/looking in different directions until the on screen prompt changes to “pick up” rather than vaulting a window or opening a locker etc, its not ideal while gens are flying, every second counts, and at least 2 toxic players are running into position with flashlights.

    Its not too much to ask for a second control scheme that is a bit more advanced.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    The issue I'm talking about is not being able to pick up a survivor if they're right next to the window. I got burned by that. I could have had 3 people hooked but I was trying to get the third, they were right against a window and all I could do was go through not pick them up. so I lost 2 of them. If I could have hooked the third I would have had the final person in bottle neck.

    I've been burned by it and i've burned others by it. why is this even an issue? just because you made a mistake with the controls you have doesn't mean it's a bug! when i'm killer and i get gotten by it sure i laugh it off and it only happens once. then i go back through the window, pick up and hook... little time lost. as survivor i know they'll come back and learn... not always but most of the time they still pick me up.

    I agree it'd be nice to not have the close hatch AND the pick up be the same one, it's a tactic that is used to weaponize ds when on the hatch. but till it gets a chance to be remapped, i laugh when i step through the window and say "you got me good that time you wily survivor! "

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/198033/this-issue-with-windows-need-to-be-fixed

    I've been burned by it and i've burned others by it. why is this even an issue? just because you made a mistake with the controls you have doesn't mean it's a bug! when i'm killer and i get gotten by it sure i laugh it off and it only happens once. then i go back through the window, pick up and hook... little time lost. as survivor i know they'll come back and learn... not always but most of the time they still pick me up.

    I agree it'd be nice to not have the close hatch AND the pick up be the same one, it's a tactic that is used to weaponize ds when on the hatch. but till it gets a chance to be remapped, i laugh when i step through the window and say "you got me good that time you wily survivor! "

    The reason it's an issue is because the person in question was downed outside the window and crawled to it knowing that they couldn't be picked up. It's all about intent. and when I've got to protect two hooks, I don't have time to pussyfoot around getting the right prompt to work.

    You don't see a problem with that? I don't get mad when survivors get through a window and escape me, that's part of the game. But when I clearly have them and they exploit a flaw to escape that's annoying

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683090#Comment_1683090

    The reason it's an issue is because the person in question was downed outside the window and crawled to it knowing that they couldn't be picked up. It's all about intent. and when I've got to protect two hooks, I don't have time to pussyfoot around getting the right prompt to work.

    You don't see a problem with that? I don't get mad when survivors get through a window and escape me, that's part of the game. But when I clearly have them and they exploit a flaw to escape that's annoying

    so? if i'm downed, I'm still going to find a way to occupy the killer's time longer to help the team. be that to a window... to the corner of the match, to a pallet to make them break the pallet instead of pick me up..... again why is this a damn issue? becuase you got "got" by it? well i'm sorry it's not a rule breaking thing that a survivor doesn't stay right where they are downed!

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682982#Comment_1682982

    I think the problem is with how hectic the game can be at high rank people want fast and responsive controls.

    Having to mess about walking/looking in different directions until the on screen prompt changes to “pick up” rather than vaulting a window or opening a locker etc, its not ideal while gens are flying, every second counts, and at least 2 toxic players are running into position with flashlights.

    Its not too much to ask for a second control scheme that is a bit more advanced.

    yeah, the hectic nature of the game usually gets people to do mistakes like that (i mean, thats the whole reason why the pallet flashlight save tech even works in the first place)...

    though it would also be bad if you had a different button for everything and then had to think about which button does what action mid game, so keeping it simplistic is also important.

    i'm all for having more advanced controls, but they shouldnt overdo it is all im saying.