I’ve only played Infinite but I’ve seen plenty played of 1 and 2 but I absolutely love the worlds that they’ve built and the characters they’ve made. With that said though, I don’t really have any attachment with Bioshock but sure, I’d like to see it, especially if it makes others happy.
Not necessarily big on non horror licenses being here, but Bioshock does have its scary moments and I wouldn’t mind some non horror granted it fits the tone of DBD.
How would a thick boy like Daddy even fit into DbD? He wouldn't be able to go through a door frame.
Devs could adjust doorways, or they could somehow make thick boy less thick kind of like how they adjusted Pyramid Head to fit. Lastly they could simply make it a Rosie Big Daddy oppose to the Bouncer.
I've been wanting a "water" themed chapter for some time now, Bioshock was kind of the example idea I always had in mind but I wasn't too sure if it would really work as an actual chapter.
Also, why would Elizabeth be the survivor when (from what I recall) she never showed up for the original Bioshock game?
Devs could adjust doorways, or they could somehow make thick boy less thick kind of like how they adjusted Pyramid Head to fit. Lastly they could simply make it a Rosie Big Daddy oppose to the Bouncer.
but I don't think that rapture is a goal for the entity.
The only goal the entity has is to devour hope. A Big Daddy could possibly be in the Entity's interest. It wouldn't be hard to manipulate a Big Daddy to do its bidding just like it did to the Demogorgon.
I've been wanting a "water" themed chapter for some time now, Bioshock was kind of the example idea I always had in mind but I wasn't too sure if it would really work as an actual chapter.
Also, why would Elizabeth be the survivor when (from what I recall) she never showed up for the original Bioshock game?
So the reason I wanted a Big Daddy, Rapture map and then a Bioshock Infinite Survivor is because of how iconic all 3 things are. Jack is iconic sure, but you only really ever look at this hands.
The main reason is because of the Silent Hill. It represented Silent Hill 1 with Midwich Elementary. It represented Silent Hill 2 with Pyramid Head. Lastly, it represented Silent Hill 3 with Cheryl. So basically I'm just trying to represent the trilogy of Bioshock games. They can pick a Rapture Map and Big Daddy from 1/2 and then have Booker/Elizabeth as a survivor. (Elizabeth ends up in Rapture in the Infinite DLC anyways so it's not so far fetched)
I've been wanting an underwater map, and Fort Frolic is my favorite area from Bioshock. Not sure about Elizabeth as a survivor, considering her in-game powers seem like they would straight up counter the Entitiy, but it could be cool.
So the reason I wanted a Big Daddy, Rapture map and then a Bioshock Infinite Survivor is because of how iconic all 3 things are. Jack is iconic sure, but you only really ever look at this hands.
The main reason is because of the Silent Hill. It represented Silent Hill 1 with Midwich Elementary. It represented Silent Hill 2 with Pyramid Head. Lastly, it represented Silent Hill 3 with Cheryl. So basically I'm just trying to represent the trilogy of Bioshock games. They can pick a Rapture Map and Big Daddy from 1/2 and then have Booker/Elizabeth as a survivor. (Elizabeth ends up in Rapture in the Infinite DLC anyways so it's not so far fetched)
Makes sense. Hearing it put that way I actually don't mind it as much.
A Rapture map would be absolutely insane, truly one of the most unique maps, it'd be an indoor map sure but I don't think I'd care, hopefully you see the creepy emptiness of the ocean outside (of course populated with some fish, algae, maybe a shark jumpscare, or the slow moving silhouette of a giant underwater creature looming outside). The inside would be all dilapidated, with a few leaks and water pouring out in places, it'd be great.
Still though, I'd really want to see what the devs could create with their own original water-themed chapter. I've always imagined a creepy killer in an old-timey diving suit extremely similar to what Big Daddy Bouncer wears, just minus the drill with a different weapon equipped. Or maybe a creepy old fisherman who's equipped with a harpoon, big fishing spear, or trident or something. Maybe even a pirate or ghost pirate lol
Or maybe something darker, like a legend, cursed or corrupted fisherman or pirate or whatever Davy Jones style. Covered in Barnacles, with a giant crab claw for a hand, always looking waterlogged, tentacles, I'm starting to lean into some Cthulhu territory here.
Either way a water themed chapter would be super creepy and cool all the way, whatever it was. The chapter (if it wasn't licensed) could be called "Tide of Terror" or something.
It would work, and the Big Daddy could be an oppressive killer. The map would probably be the star though. Imagine survivor perks based on plasmids!
The only downside that the killer's name sounds comical to me: The Trapper, The Nurse, The Wraith, The Executioner.. neat! THE BIG DADDY - sounds more like something from a 1970's adult movie.
Makes sense. Hearing it put that way I actually don't mind it as much.
A Rapture map would be absolutely insane, truly one of the most unique maps, it'd be an indoor map sure but I don't think I'd care, hopefully you see the creepy emptiness of the ocean outside (of course populated with some fish, algae, maybe a shark jumpscare, or the slow moving silhouette of a giant underwater creature looming outside). The inside would be all dilapidated, with a few leaks and water pouring out in places, it'd be great.
Still though, I'd really want to see what the devs could create with their own original water-themed chapter. I've always imagined a creepy killer in an old-timey diving suit extremely similar to what Big Daddy Bouncer wears, just minus the drill with a different weapon equipped. Or maybe a creepy old fisherman who's equipped with a harpoon, big fishing spear, or trident or something. Maybe even a pirate or ghost pirate lol
Or maybe something darker, like a legend, cursed or corrupted fisherman or pirate or whatever Davy Jones style. Covered in Barnacles, with a giant crab claw for a hand, always looking waterlogged, tentacles, I'm starting to lean into some Cthulhu territory here.
Either way a water themed chapter would be super creepy and cool all the way, whatever it was. The chapter (if it wasn't licensed) could be called "Tide of Terror" or something.
I think a Bioshock chapter would be better than a original chapter due to them being able to give the Big Daddy plasmids and the drill. I don't think they can really make anything compared to Rapture although I do think a original chapter like this would be interesting.
It would work, and the Big Daddy could be an oppressive killer. The map would probably be the star though. Imagine survivor perks based on plasmids!
The only downside that the killer's name sounds comical to me: The Trapper, The Nurse, The Wraith, The Executioner.. neat! THE BIG DADDY - sounds more like something from a 1970's adult movie.
I just imagine a Big Daddy with its drill and plasmids causing so much havoc. It's lights growing red due to the red stain/it being angry. A Rapture map would be amazing. I can just imagine how great it'd be.
As for its Title, it doesn't need to be Big Daddy. Could be diver, protector, bouncer, rosie, the alpha series, etc. There's many names they could give it depending on what Big Daddy it is.
It would work, and the Big Daddy could be an oppressive killer. The map would probably be the star though. Imagine survivor perks based on plasmids!
The only downside that the killer's name sounds comical to me: The Trapper, The Nurse, The Wraith, The Executioner.. neat! THE BIG DADDY - sounds more like something from a 1970's adult movie.
The Alpha, The Guardian, The Experiment, The Bouncer, i got some good ones.
I just imagine a Big Daddy with its drill and plasmids causing so much havoc. It's lights growing red due to the red stain/it being angry. A Rapture map would be amazing. I can just imagine how great it'd be.
As for its Title, it doesn't need to be Big Daddy. Could be diver, protector, bouncer, rosie, the alpha series, etc. There's many names they could give it depending on what Big Daddy it is.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I’ve only played Infinite but I’ve seen plenty played of 1 and 2 but I absolutely love the worlds that they’ve built and the characters they’ve made. With that said though, I don’t really have any attachment with Bioshock but sure, I’d like to see it, especially if it makes others happy.
How would a thick boy like Daddy even fit into DbD? He wouldn't be able to go through a door frame.
Not necessarily big on non horror licenses being here, but Bioshock does have its scary moments and I wouldn’t mind some non horror granted it fits the tone of DBD.
Devs could adjust doorways, or they could somehow make thick boy less thick kind of like how they adjusted Pyramid Head to fit. Lastly they could simply make it a Rosie Big Daddy oppose to the Bouncer.
Never played this game, but I wouldn't mind if it was added.
I like bioshock (actually i played all games) .
but I don't think that rapture is a goal for the entity.
I've been wanting a "water" themed chapter for some time now, Bioshock was kind of the example idea I always had in mind but I wasn't too sure if it would really work as an actual chapter.
Also, why would Elizabeth be the survivor when (from what I recall) she never showed up for the original Bioshock game?
Or they could make it an Alpha.
Honestly would love a Bioshock chapter, but my concern would be the devs messing up Elizabeths face like they did Cheryl
The only goal the entity has is to devour hope. A Big Daddy could possibly be in the Entity's interest. It wouldn't be hard to manipulate a Big Daddy to do its bidding just like it did to the Demogorgon.
So the reason I wanted a Big Daddy, Rapture map and then a Bioshock Infinite Survivor is because of how iconic all 3 things are. Jack is iconic sure, but you only really ever look at this hands.
The main reason is because of the Silent Hill. It represented Silent Hill 1 with Midwich Elementary. It represented Silent Hill 2 with Pyramid Head. Lastly, it represented Silent Hill 3 with Cheryl. So basically I'm just trying to represent the trilogy of Bioshock games. They can pick a Rapture Map and Big Daddy from 1/2 and then have Booker/Elizabeth as a survivor. (Elizabeth ends up in Rapture in the Infinite DLC anyways so it's not so far fetched)
In my honest opinion I don't think they ruined Cheryl's face at all and they actually improved it. She looks really pretty in my opinion.
They are gonna be updating Character Models though and what not at some point so I'm sure they could give Elizabeth the appearance she deserves.
I've been wanting an underwater map, and Fort Frolic is my favorite area from Bioshock. Not sure about Elizabeth as a survivor, considering her in-game powers seem like they would straight up counter the Entitiy, but it could be cool.
Does not fit with the theme. So no thanks
Makes sense. Hearing it put that way I actually don't mind it as much.
A Rapture map would be absolutely insane, truly one of the most unique maps, it'd be an indoor map sure but I don't think I'd care, hopefully you see the creepy emptiness of the ocean outside (of course populated with some fish, algae, maybe a shark jumpscare, or the slow moving silhouette of a giant underwater creature looming outside). The inside would be all dilapidated, with a few leaks and water pouring out in places, it'd be great.
Still though, I'd really want to see what the devs could create with their own original water-themed chapter. I've always imagined a creepy killer in an old-timey diving suit extremely similar to what Big Daddy Bouncer wears, just minus the drill with a different weapon equipped. Or maybe a creepy old fisherman who's equipped with a harpoon, big fishing spear, or trident or something. Maybe even a pirate or ghost pirate lol
Or maybe something darker, like a legend, cursed or corrupted fisherman or pirate or whatever Davy Jones style. Covered in Barnacles, with a giant crab claw for a hand, always looking waterlogged, tentacles, I'm starting to lean into some Cthulhu territory here.
Either way a water themed chapter would be super creepy and cool all the way, whatever it was. The chapter (if it wasn't licensed) could be called "Tide of Terror" or something.
I wouldn't mind it, even if I'm not familiar with the game.
It would work, and the Big Daddy could be an oppressive killer. The map would probably be the star though. Imagine survivor perks based on plasmids!
The only downside that the killer's name sounds comical to me: The Trapper, The Nurse, The Wraith, The Executioner.. neat! THE BIG DADDY - sounds more like something from a 1970's adult movie.
I think a Bioshock chapter would be better than a original chapter due to them being able to give the Big Daddy plasmids and the drill. I don't think they can really make anything compared to Rapture although I do think a original chapter like this would be interesting.
I just imagine a Big Daddy with its drill and plasmids causing so much havoc. It's lights growing red due to the red stain/it being angry. A Rapture map would be amazing. I can just imagine how great it'd be.
As for its Title, it doesn't need to be Big Daddy. Could be diver, protector, bouncer, rosie, the alpha series, etc. There's many names they could give it depending on what Big Daddy it is.
The Alpha, The Guardian, The Experiment, The Bouncer, i got some good ones.
One of the best games ever made. You need to play it.
I'm glad you've got a better grasp of what name he could have than I! 😅
Gatherer's Gardens should be a stationary item (Like pools of corruption, Alarm clocks, and Jigsaw Boxes)
That would be really badass. The Big Daddy could use it to change his plasmid or maybe recover his eve.
Instead of using the most iconic look, use Subject Delta which is thinner