What's your view on DS?

I personnaly see the perk as a whole minute of immunity and not anti-tunneling! I often grab fully healed survivor and get DS out of nowhere, it sincerly sucks that the perk is designed like so.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675822#Comment_1675822

    Shouldn't DS help against a killer that camps and tunnels you off the hook (which in this case would deactivate DS by hooking the unhooker before you)?

    Anyways I think current DS is fine. I have never lost a match solely because of the current version of DS.

    @Yamaoka

    I agree with you.

    I also think DS is fine right now. Camping and Tunneling don’t have any downsides unless countered by perks, so I don’t understand all these people that want to nitpick everything about DS and ‘deactivate’ it by touching a gen or healing when they know damn well a good killer will just play around it.

    Maybe we should just have them play as survivor without DS or BT against a camping and tunneling killer and see how well it goes for them.

    The game is too flawed because of built-in mechanics to further nerf current DS.

  • It really needs a change, a full minute of immunity is ridiculous given how short matches can be, stacking unbreakable and other second chances on top of that on top of that is flat out ridiculous

  • @RyuSun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1677389#Comment_1677389

    Tunneling is when you chase a survivor, hook them, then make sure you drop whatever you are doing and continue to chase that that person. Or when you walk a little away, then as soon as somebody pulls the survivor off, you rush in and chase down the hooked survivor.

    And you say it wastes so much time bit these are the strategies I use all the time. I never have an actual issue against DS. I have a problem with looping wasting time. But DS has never been an issue for me. I still get 3k/4k. The worst I got was a 1k because it was flashlight users and a person who looped me me for 3mins till I abandoned him towards the end. Then I hooked a person , the guy who looped me rushed in as the last gen was finished, I pulled him off, flashlight came and tried to flashlight, I dodged, he pulled the guy off the hook, I hooked my guy, went to chase the guy who got unhooked as a door opened. So I stayed there. Everybody ditched the guy cause I stuck by him for the bloodpoints. But DS had no play in it. Thats my matches as a killer. I get DS'ed beginning of the match cause I force it every time and I get my 3k/4k. So why is it that you can't?

    I don’t believe you. Standing in one place like that for 60 seconds and the Survivors haven’t torn through the gens? Either you’re at a low rank or your Survivors SUCK.

  • @Zeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676733#Comment_1676733

    Really?

    'We decided to put a timer on Decisive Strike as one of the solutions to Decisive Strike being used too often, we tried 2 minutes internally and found that players were able to use DS a long time after being unhooked, where it no longer serves the purpose to protect you from being tunneled/ farmed'

    Source: Q&A session regarding DS rework.

    A dev on these forums, I don't remember who, said it was never meant to be an anti-tunnel perk, that is just what the community came up with.

  • Decisive Strike is fine if it were guaranteed to only be one per match. It's those matches where you've eaten two and you think the players might be fenagling you into eating one ore even two more that makes it unbearable, especially when stacked with Borrowed Time, Unbreakable paired, or there is an Object of Obsession running around. It acts as a demoralization tool.

  • The one thing I want on my survivor but haven't got right now

    I know why it's used a lot (another reason I want to get it)

    But extremely hard to change at this point ( In My Opinion)

    By itself it's way better then before but combining it with other perks makes it a nightmare (not Freddie like yet but close)

  • Since you said you quoted the wrong post, I assumed you were replying to my earlier post (the one at 10 AM EST). In that post, I was replying to someone telling me to stay in one place for 60 seconds. So when you said that those strategies work for you, I immediately assumed that you were talking about the standing in place strategy.

    Unless you weren’t even replying to me and I’ve got this all wrong?

  • DS is a perk that does its job well against bad killers who specifically go out of their way to tunnel people.

    DS is also a perk that punishes good killers for being good, because you end chases quickly.

    It also rewards good survivors for playing greedy and taking full advantage of the fact they have 60 seconds of immunity. Don't have to heal. Don't have to be afraid. Can just sit on a gen without a care instead of doing the things they should be doing after being unhooked. If you are injured and just got unhooked, you should not be so unafraid of the killer that you just sit on a generator.

    The biggest issue is that it seems like it's 2 minutes long by virtue of how long a survivor is both on the hook and the fact that if you unhook the survivor really late in their state, the killer could have ended another chase in that time, then found the injured survivor after being unhooked, or sitting on a gen and being surprised they still have it.

    I think Exhaustion perks are more busted than DS, though, because like DS they, too, reward greed and bad play.

  • Locker ds is the most scummy thing you can do in dbd

  • @0mikeya0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1677456#Comment_1677456

    A dev on these forums, I don't remember who, said it was never meant to be an anti-tunnel perk, that is just what the community came up with.

    Source?

  • Alright, as a Killer Main, my opinion is fairly biased, however, hear me out:

    In my experience DS has upsides and downsides. In 99% of cases, you see that little Obsession jingle play and you know you're in for a match of pain and torture, especially when you don't even realize that the Survivor you plucked off the ground just now has a knife tucked in her shoe primed to stab you in the gut.

    However, I've found a bizarre stroke of luck lately, where my matches have been going rather well, even moreso when DS goes off.

    My perk combo of Dying Light and STBFL(Not that this is the topic for perk builds) has the effect of giving the random schmuck who gets the Obsession card relative immunity from my wrath, while everyone else suffers until... WHAM! I get stabbed in the butt and now the former Obsession begins to panic as the new Obsession is let off scot-free, giving me ample pressure on a former player who could afford to get up close and personal, and continuing to build my stacks all around, and even in a renewed sense, as a new Obsession gives me upwards of two hook tokens to slow generators even more.

  • I said I don't remember who said it so therefore no source. It wasn't my post and I have no idea if I commented on it. Idc that much to check either. Regardless it was said and thats why I said what I said. I rarely ever even use DS. No reason to lie and if you don't believe me, oh well, it is what it is. 🤷🏼‍♂️

    Idk why devs would say two different things

  • Ew decisive strike op please nerf WAAAAAAAAAH

    Me no like it when survivors use decisive strike

  • I understand the perk and why it exists but there should be actions that deactivate it. If you get off hook and have time to heal up or you think you are safe enough to work a generator it should deactivate.

  • in my opinion ds olny gets stupidly strong when you pair it with unbrekable and i dont think they will change that by any mean so i would change some stuff like not being able to do gens with it ( i mean you can, but you lose ds, since you can do gens you are not getting tunneled), locker ds should go aswell. but the 60 secodns timer is pretty much fine...

  • If it is an anti tunneling perk why is the duration 60seconds seems a bit excessive I mainly play survivor and don't have the Halloween dlc so I'm not too familiar with it's workings. When I do play killers the one time DS pisses me off is when they use it when the exit gates are open.

  • @Kira15233 said:

    I personnaly see the perk as a whole minute of immunity and not anti-tunneling! I often grab fully healed survivor and get DS out of nowhere, it sincerly sucks that the perk is designed like so.

    I see DS as a 2 minute immunity its a minute after each hook and the perk need a heavy nerf when you start missing the first time they introduce DS its a problem

  • @0mikeya0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1674515#Comment_1674515

    Idk if anybody else has said anything already or not, but last I checked the dev's specifically said DS is NOT an anti-tunnel perk. That is just what the community came up with.

    quoting from another post I made about this same thing:

    Yes it was. Don't know who lied to you.

    "serves the purpose to protect you from being tunneled/ farmed"

    source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/design-decisive-strike#latest

    Also if you're talking about what that one dev said, he said its not "purely" for tunneling. So it still is mostly for tunneling, just not only. But for all we know the other use case looks like being farmed if the first source is anything to go by. That quote being twisted is probably the biggest piece of misinformation floating around DBD right now.

    "The idea of it being purely to stop tunneling came from the community."

    source:https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150989/have-the-devs-confirmed-ds-is-supposed-to-be-a-anti-tunnel-perk/p1

    @Zeus saw you asking for a source of the quote so I linked you in to this post. The quote is being twisted by a lot of people to fit their views as stated above.

  • Lately I've been playing without it and I'm kind of shocked that there's been so many lobbies full of survivors that don't have it on either/or the killer bringing no obsession perks. Guess how those matches go? The killers always tunnel the person who was unhooked, even if they're saved with BT. I want to continue playing without, but every time there is no obsession, the killer tunnels the unhooked survivor and they're eliminated within minutes. It's a pretty miserable experience. That's why as a solo, I always equip it to at LEAST great an obsession and make the killer try to play around it.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1675553#Comment_1675553

    How about no? We could Nerf Myc If you want, it is also a 60 sec. perk :)

    Yes let's "nerf" MYC because tier 1 MYC with 40 seconds timer is actually STRONGER than 60 second one rofl 😂😂 So that's a good trade for DS nerf actually :)

  • Tbh think its fine. If you're tunneling someone you deserve the DS stun. If you're performing so well you can down, hook, then down another survivor all in 60 seconds then you shouldn't need to worry about DS since you're already outperforming the survivors.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Tbh think its fine. If you're tunneling someone you deserve the DS stun. If you're performing so well you can down, hook, then down another survivor all in 60 seconds then you shouldn't need to worry about DS since you're already outperforming the survivors.

    That's the problem, I sometimes play Bubba and down everyone including the unhooked in a short while (happened to me cause they were all on a gen) and get stunned

  • @Kira15233 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683438#Comment_1683438

    That's the problem, I sometimes play Bubba and down everyone including the unhooked in a short while (happened to me cause they were all on a gen) and get stunned

    Okay you down 4 people and hook 3 whats the problem? You did great so DS isn't really a worry

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676730#Comment_1676730

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1676733#Comment_1676733

    quoting from another post I made about this same thing:

    Yes it was. Don't know who lied to you.

    "serves the purpose to protect you from being tunneled/ farmed"

    source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/48381/design-decisive-strike#latest

    Also if you're talking about what that one dev said, he said its not "purely" for tunneling. So it still is mostly for tunneling, just not only. But for all we know the other use case looks like being farmed if the first source is anything to go by. That quote being twisted is probably the biggest piece of misinformation floating around DBD right now.

    "The idea of it being purely to stop tunneling came from the community."

    source:https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150989/have-the-devs-confirmed-ds-is-supposed-to-be-a-anti-tunnel-perk/p1

    @Zeus saw you asking for a source of the quote so I linked you in to this post. The quote is being twisted by a lot of people to fit their views as stated above.

    I'm not twisting sh*t, the op asked if it was an anti-tunnel perk and the dev said NO. When the perk was first created, it was not meant to be an anti-tunnel perk. You could tell just by how it functioned. It clearly got reworked and it does help with tunneling. I am glad you cared enough to dig up that info. Now me, I don't care that much... I rarely even use DS. I don't even play DBD as much as I used to... I was just passing on info that was NOT twisted to fit my narrative.

  • Considering Popgoes is getting nerfed because the killer can "have it for too long", I think DS should be reduced as well, because it's the same duration as Popgoes.

    In all seriousness, DS is obviously too strong. It's the kind of perk that can even do something if it's not here, because the killer can assume you are running it. 1 DS in a game is not a big deal in my opinion, but more than 1 DS is problematic. Most of the time, you can have DS for so long that it allows cocky plays. If you ignore the survivor with DS while he is trying to get your attention, he is losing his time, but in general he will also just see that you ignore him and will mind his own business, making DS an immunity. It rewards bad plays most of the time.

    I personally don't play DS as I feel comfortable without it, I'd rather have this perk slot for something else, but I also can see if people are running it to punish tunnelers. DS should be balanced as an anti-tunneling perk, and in its current state, it's more like an immunity perk. One good solution I've seen is to reduce its timer to 30s, but pause the timer if you are getting chased. This way you can't play cocky if the killer simply don't want to chase you, and still punish him if he decides to tunnel you once you are unhooked. I've also seen people say that the timer should disable once the survivor touches a gen, I think it's a bit brutal and I would rather make the timer go down faster, instead of instantly.

  • @Kurasuma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689062#Comment_1689062

    The initial idea came into play to give survivors a chance to escape the killer instead of just being hooked a second time to keep the game going, which in fact covers tunneling in the process.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1689103#Comment_1689103

    When I play with a killer with pop, the killer can run around the map 5 times and still be able to use it. Idk what the real timer is on it, but its ridiculous that a player gets hooked, you rescue them, then you. Go and work on a gen that is fresh while the killer chases somebody else, then when you are almost done, killer comes and pops it.

    DS is fine. I never use it because I can't get the skill check. For some reason it doesn't matter when I press it I miss. Killers just need to stop being greedy.

    Pop was 1 minute and the devs idea "we saw that killer can do other things and still have it" same goes for DS, you can fully heal, do 2 gens (if already worked on) and cleanse totem, that's doing objectives while still having it, it's a dumb way of thinking but it makes senses, 1 minutes is too much? No, it's more than enough and at least you know you can still have some pressure over the map!

  • its fine on its own, but annoying when paired with unbreakable and/or soul guard

    im usually never hit by ds, but on the off chance i am it was just bad luck (i dont tunnel)

    still tho i wouldnt mind if it got nerfed to only be anti-tunnel, but them buffed to excel at it (like not having the timer decrease while being chase, slugged, etc)

    • It wasnt reverted to 3 seconds or nerfd to 5 when its interaction with Enduring was removed
    • Thematically, becoming the obsession is a drawback or negqwtive consequence of using DS, in reality Survivors dont care about being the obsession unless they get rancor'd. This might be more of a "Obsession" problem than DS' tho.

    As alreqady stated, the 60 seconds gve too much freedom to survivors to do stuff unrelated to tunneling and still benefit from this perk. ( Remember Potw gets nerfed because of this reason)

  • Just ask Siri to set a 60 second timer. It ain't that deep, sis.

  • Mori is best counterplay, It rewards poor play on the survivor end, I've seen far too many ds users act like cocky gremlins, only to then get their team killed later on (I only mori if they use it)

  • I eat 10 DS with a glass of milk during breakfast, 15 DS at lunch with a mix of deadhard and yummy pallet stuns, then I eat 5 object of obsessions with 14 DS and 2 sprint bursts. Before I go to bed I like to take a small snack, usually 3 deliverance and 5 DS works pretty well for me.


    My stomach is full after a long day of work in the realm

  • frankly, it needs to just be deleted from the game. I really can't see a way to make it balanced. it's a free escape and killer stun as a reward for getting caught. just change the perk so it makes existing stuns last longer or something, then move on. as is, the whole game and meta is designed around it, and that's no good.

  • @0mikeya0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682556#Comment_1682556

    I'm not twisting sh*t, the op asked if it was an anti-tunnel perk and the dev said NO. When the perk was first created, it was not meant to be an anti-tunnel perk. You could tell just by how it functioned. It clearly got reworked and it does help with tunneling. I am glad you cared enough to dig up that info. Now me, I don't care that much... I rarely even use DS. I don't even play DBD as much as I used to... I was just passing on info that was NOT twisted to fit my narrative.

    Calm down, I never accused you of twisting it. There are those in the community that are and that's leading to the misinformation. I specifically said "people" not "this guy". General use my dude, context.

    Also the devs didn't say "NO" as far as I know. DS was always intended to be anti-tunnel, anti-camp, and anti-farm. They talked about the original version not lining up with their intentions, which was one of the reasons they changed it to begin with.

    Devs never said no, they said the opposite as far as I have seen. They said yes. Now if one of them does say "no" now, they'll be contradicting themselves.

  • Old DS should never be back 4 old DS in swf was game breaking.

  • @UMCorian said:

    The survivor meta is just unfun to play against. Is DS alone OP? Probably not. Just the combination of perks Survivors run just adds so much time to a survivors clocks. It feels like everyone has BT, everyone has DS, everyone has DH or SB. Everyone has some combo of UB/Adreniline/Soul Guard. And even if you don't, you have to pretend they do... because otherwise you eat em.

    It's just not fun to play Killer vs. survivors running meta.

    Meta is meta for a reason. No other perks live up to the meta perks. Killers are gonna punish you for not running them (tunneling, camping).

1 2 3 ›