Spirit doesn't take skill at red ranks

If your an experienced spirit player with good headphones and the following perks:

Corrupt Intervention,Ruin,Stridor,Pop Goes The Weasel and using her addons

Your going to 4k with literally no effort whatsoever.

Comments

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1672975#Comment_1672975

    All these people saying shes broken yet they mained her. Funny how that works.

    At least he had the courtesy to say he got bored of easy wins. I’m guessing he plays Trapper with padded jaws now because he needs the challenge.

    Meanwhile steveperrypsychout here claims shes broken, always gets the 4k with multiple gens left yet still mains her.....hmm 🤔

    I play on console without crossplay, so take that for what you will. But I'm not lying, that is genuinely my experience. There are rare times when I get 0-1k but it's usually as a result to me playing in a clearly suboptimal way, such as trying to tunnel down one survivor that I would be better off leaving for later. As for playing her even though I think she's OP, yeah, it's not my responsibility to balance the game. I always play optimally. For killers that means playing top-tier killers with top-tier perks. For survivor that means playing "small PP" build (Does anyone call killer meta perks "small PP" lol I wonder why that is.)

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Everyone who says something is easy and takes no skill should record a 4k streak perkless to show the devs. I'm pretty sure if they see that any player can get a 4k streak so easily they'll change that immediately.

    I know I can capture small moments of gameplay on console, but I'm not sure if I can capture full games or not. I'll look into it.

    @solidhex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673015#Comment_1673015

    yeah i'm pretty sure that's just BS, if she would be easy 4k everytime under any circumstances, more people in red ranks would play her. Of course if you are really good with her, you will win more games than you lose. But let any mediocre killer play her and you will see, she's pretty mindgame-able.

    Okay, but if we're increasingly balancing the game around competent SWF's without concessions for soloQ, than why should we expect that killers be balanced around bad killer players?

  • In contrast to other ranks where she does take skill

  • neither does sitting on a gen with prove thyself and a toolbox

  • we need a decent ranking system.. anyone who have 2 arms headphones and a little brain can get rank 1 (killer or survivor doesn't matter).. "Spirit is too strong even in red ranks".. yep spirit is a strong killer.. in red ranks sometimes i dominate with her sometimes survivors are just simply too good.. i can literally hit rank 1 with any killer so rank means nothing.. i don't even try to get rank 1 anymore.. sometimes i feel im playing vs bots.. sometimes it's just frustrating.. and there is no reward to stay in rank 1 so screw it.. i just play on lower ranks and try as much builds as possible :P and having fun meanwhile

  • @TheCoolDBDGamer said:

    If your an experienced spirit player with good headphones and the following perks:

    Corrupt Intervention,Ruin,Stridor,Pop Goes The Weasel and using her addons

    Your going to 4k with literally no effort whatsoever.

    @BigTimeGamer said:

    She doesn't take skill at any rank

    pls dont @ me explaining how she actually requires 400iq 5D Galaxy brain chess moves, i mained her, got bored of easy wins

    @Godot said:

    Spirit never takes skill. I can't think of ONE game that I didn't get 3k+ in as Spirit.

    @DetailedDetriment said:

    If you don't get at least 1 kill is Spirit in any match, it shows the player has little knowledge of the game. Spirit is the second easiest killer to play in the game, and if she bas Stridor, then it's essentially impossible to "mindgame" her.

    @Zayn said:

    Anyone who thinks Spirit takes any skill at all probably plays Freddy with double slowdowns and pop, spamming dreamsnares at T and L walls. I only play Ghostface and have since his release at rank 1 so when the Spirit tome came out, I played her at rank 1 with no perks since I can't be bothered to level her up at the moment. I consistently got 4k after 4k because of how easy she is. You can fake survivors by just standing still and even if you don't do that you phase, wait at the middle of a loop and listen before coming out of phase with her speed boost to down the survivor.

    Are you willing to prove your big talk with a bet? It seems you figured it all out, so please just say yes.

  • There’s nothing to prove

    A billy who can curve around loops and snipe people or a huntress who can cross map are much more impressive than the weeb anime killer who ignores the entire chase

  • You could run that build on any killer and never lose a game

  • This here:

    @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673580#Comment_1673580

    There’s nothing to prove

    A billy who can curve around loops and snipe people or a huntress who can cross map are much more impressive than the weeb anime killer who ignores the entire chase


  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673580#Comment_1673580

    There’s nothing to prove

    A billy who can curve around loops and snipe people or a huntress who can cross map are much more impressive than the weeb anime killer who ignores the entire chase

    A billy can not snipe people, sorry kiddo billy is in a chainsaw sprint and not a fired railgun which connects instantly, the only way that this happens is because of stupid survivors who are too dumb to move.

    Please just stop, you made a flawed statement, and you are too little to say sorry i f*ed up. Instead you try to make up with horrible comparisons such as billy can snipe good survivors across the map, yeah lul, lul ok :facepalm: .

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673596#Comment_1673596

    A billy can not snipe people, sorry kiddo billy is in a chainsaw sprint and not a fired railgun which connects instantly, the only way that this happens is because of stupid survivors who are too dumb to move.

    Please just stop, you made a flawed statement, and you are too little to say sorry i f*ed up. Instead you try to make up with horrible comparisons such as billy can snipe good survivors across the map, yeah lul, lul ok :facepalm: .

    Quite the childish statement from someone who should be a good example to members of the community, considering you have 2,000 posts. "lul lul ok :facepalm::: haha funny"

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673596#Comment_1673596

    A billy can not snipe people, sorry kiddo billy is in a chainsaw sprint and not a fired railgun which connects instantly, the only way that this happens is because of stupid survivors who are too dumb to move.

    Please just stop, you made a flawed statement, and you are too little to say sorry i f*ed up. Instead you try to make up with horrible comparisons such as billy can snipe good survivors across the map, yeah lul, lul ok :facepalm: .

    If you can’t connect the word Snipe to how bully can predict where survivors may be and cross the map and insta down them, then please go read a book.

    Im sorry you got offended by me calling spirit a weeb killer omegalul

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673635#Comment_1673635

    Quite the childish statement from someone who should be a good example to members of the community, considering you have 2,000 posts. "lul lul ok :facepalm::: haha funny"

    Since when does the amount of posts relate to being a good example for the community? But no worries, I think I am, since I am calling out your bs. Just because you are a terrible survivor who lasts 20 seconds in a chase and dcs instantly the moment he sees a spirit, does not mean everybody does.

    @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673635#Comment_1673635

    If you can’t connect the word Snipe to how bully can predict where survivors may be and cross the map and insta down them, then please go read a book.

    Im sorry you got offended by me calling spirit a weeb killer omegalul

    Yeah I can connect that, but unlike you , I actually did play killer. See billy is very loud when he approaches, so in order for a survivor to be hit by a billy who sprints across the map, they have to be blind, deaf and incapable of using the movement keys, that is literally how easy it is too dodge a billy who sprints across the map. Far more easy than to avoid a curve of a decent billy or hugging windows. Play the game maybe instead of watching some streamer?

    Actually I didn't get offended by it, you should stop to assume so much on your end, spirit is probably the most cringy killer there is. Yet she takes skill, otherwise you would not have chickened out of a bet. So most people saw botb, we saw there is counterplay to spirit and not every survivor goes down in 20secs like you and your friend up there. No worries now, jump back to to the other tab, spam omegalul spirit takes skill omegalul and keep parroting in your echochamber, just know that you are not able to put your money where your mouth is.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673641#Comment_1673641

    Since when does the amount of posts relate to being a good example for the community? But no worries, I think I am, since I am calling out your bs. Just because you are a terrible survivor who lasts 20 seconds in a chase and dcs instantly the moment he sees a spirit, does not mean everybody does.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673652#Comment_1673652

    Yeah I can connect that, but unlike you , I actually did play killer. See billy is very loud when he approaches, so in order for a survivor to be hit by a billy who sprints across the map, they have to be blind, deaf and incapable of using the movement keys, that is literally how easy it is too dodge a billy who sprints across the map. Far more easy than to avoid a curve of a decent billy or hugging windows. Play the game maybe instead of watching some streamer?

    Actually I didn't get offended by it, you should stop to assume so much on your end, spirit is probably the most cringy killer there is. Yet she takes skill, otherwise you would not have chickened out of a bet. So most people saw botb, we saw there is counterplay to spirit and not every survivor goes down in 20secs like you and your friend up there. No worries now, jump back to to the other tab, spam omegalul spirit takes skill omegalul and keep parroting in your echochamber, just know that you are not able to put your money where your mouth is.

    When did I say that I am a terrible survivor or I DC when I see a spirit? Don't go around assuming things, for the love of Mathieu Cote.

    All I said is that it doesn't take skill because I personally always got a 3k with her. Maybe if I play another match today, it won't happen that way because everyone can have bad days.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673580#Comment_1673580

    A bet? What. Anyone who has played this game for longer than a week knows that there is no mindgaming a Spirit. If you don't have a specific perk on then you're screwed.

    4k€ for a 4k of 4 specific survivors, swf premade-one round, you don't end up with a 4k you pay the same to each survivor. After all there is no mindgaming her, just 4ks.

  • >"if your an experienced spirit player"

    >"spirit doesn't take skill"

    choose one

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673736#Comment_1673736

    4k€ for a 4k of 4 specific survivors, swf premade-one round, you don't end up with a 4k you pay the same to each survivor. After all there is no mindgaming her, just 4ks.

    I never said just 4Ks. After all, gen times are stupid af in this game. That being said, a Spirit with Stridor is going to end chases extremely quick as long as they can play the game.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673641#Comment_1673641

    Since when does the amount of posts relate to being a good example for the community? But no worries, I think I am, since I am calling out your bs. Just because you are a terrible survivor who lasts 20 seconds in a chase and dcs instantly the moment he sees a spirit, does not mean everybody does.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673652#Comment_1673652

    Yeah I can connect that, but unlike you , I actually did play killer. See billy is very loud when he approaches, so in order for a survivor to be hit by a billy who sprints across the map, they have to be blind, deaf and incapable of using the movement keys, that is literally how easy it is too dodge a billy who sprints across the map. Far more easy than to avoid a curve of a decent billy or hugging windows. Play the game maybe instead of watching some streamer?

    Actually I didn't get offended by it, you should stop to assume so much on your end, spirit is probably the most cringy killer there is. Yet she takes skill, otherwise you would not have chickened out of a bet. So most people saw botb, we saw there is counterplay to spirit and not every survivor goes down in 20secs like you and your friend up there. No worries now, jump back to to the other tab, spam omegalul spirit takes skill omegalul and keep parroting in your echochamber, just know that you are not able to put your money where your mouth is.

    PepeLaugh I mained Spirit for a long time, I stoped because it was wayy too easy but go off

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1672528#Comment_1672528

    How are they a killer main for saying who cares? Lmfao.

    Because only killer only mains or people who play Spirit "don't care" when it's obvious that Spirit is a problem.

  • @Zayn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1672587#Comment_1672587

    Because only killer only mains or people who play Spirit "don't care" when it's obvious that Spirit is a problem.

    Nah, people are able to not care about skill levels, because guess what? Dbd is a casual game, not a competitive e-sports game, stop assuming.

  • What is there to prove? A killer who goes invisible and fast with a speed boost at the end when phasing with no interaction from the other side than using Iron Will, Spine Chill and maybe Urban leaves no discussion. The fact she can stand still and people call that a "mindgame" is ridiculous. You shouldn't have to run specific perks to counter ONE of the killers on the roster.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673759#Comment_1673759

    I never said just 4Ks. After all, gen times are stupid af in this game. That being said, a Spirit with Stridor is going to end chases extremely quick as long as they can play the game.

    That is true, sorry for that, I just picked a few people randomly who all argued it doesn't take any skill as spirit. I think I accidently included you and actually wanted to quote somebody else, so sorry, my bad. I just wanted to see the big mouths back up their talk, but they can not, amusing to see.

    @Zayn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1673580#Comment_1673580

    What is there to prove? A killer who goes invisible and fast with a speed boost at the end when phasing with no interaction from the other side than using Iron Will, Spine Chill and maybe Urban leaves no discussion. The fact she can stand still and people call that a "mindgame" is ridiculous. You shouldn't have to run specific perks to counter ONE of the killers on the roster.


    The speed boost at the end was nerfed significantly, the other side does have interaction it is called making a read.

    Whether you think it is ridiculous or not does not matter, it is a mindgame after all, check the definition of mindgame. You do something in order to manipulate somebody in order to gain an advantage, standing still as spirit does exactly that. The irony of that is that survivors do have the exact same mindgame.

    Oh no they don't! Yes they do, a short loop at a pallet, you stand still as survivor and pretend to drop the pallet. The killer either respects the pallet which leads to another loop as you again press shift + w or you see an animation triggering in which case you press space and get a stun. WOW such skill, dude! Do survivors complain about that? Yes when they have the reflexes of a dead cat and get hit through the pallet, which most of the time is their own fault.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1674056#Comment_1674056

    That is true, sorry for that, I just picked a few people randomly who all argued it doesn't take any skill as spirit. I think I accidently included you and actually wanted to quote somebody else, so sorry, my bad. I just wanted to see the big mouths back up their talk, but they can not, amusing to see.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1674068#Comment_1674068

    The speed boost at the end was nerfed significantly, the other side does have interaction it is called making a read.

    Whether you think it is ridiculous or not does not matter, it is a mindgame after all, check the definition of mindgame. You do something in order to manipulate somebody in order to gain an advantage, standing still as spirit does exactly that. The irony of that is that survivors do have the exact same mindgame.

    Oh no they don't! Yes they do, a short loop at a pallet, you stand still as survivor and pretend to drop the pallet. The killer either respects the pallet which leads to another loop as you again press shift + w or you see an animation triggering in which case you press space and get a stun. WOW such skill, dude! Do survivors complain about that? Yes when they have the reflexes of a dead cat and get hit through the pallet, which most of the time is their own fault.

    How much bias are you going to show? You're comparing regular looping where the killer can either fake walking through the pallet and then go around the other side of the short loop to zone the survivor and down them while they're in animation. Even then on those short loops, once bloodlust kicks in, the survivor is going to have to drop the pallet to a killer who can ignore all that, go invisible and just listen to down the survivor whichever way they hear breathing, footsteps, terrain etc. Like okay?

  • damn ive just re-read this entire thread and it seems this is a touchy issue apparently so im gonna leave this

    spirit does take skill but its not mechanicaly based like billy or nurse but its way too easy to learn for someone who is as strong as spirit, its the same issue with freddy in a way. where its too much benefit for such a low skill cap

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1674056#Comment_1674056

    That is true, sorry for that, I just picked a few people randomly who all argued it doesn't take any skill as spirit. I think I accidently included you and actually wanted to quote somebody else, so sorry, my bad. I just wanted to see the big mouths back up their talk, but they can not, amusing to see.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1674068#Comment_1674068

    The speed boost at the end was nerfed significantly, the other side does have interaction it is called making a read.

    Whether you think it is ridiculous or not does not matter, it is a mindgame after all, check the definition of mindgame. You do something in order to manipulate somebody in order to gain an advantage, standing still as spirit does exactly that. The irony of that is that survivors do have the exact same mindgame.

    Oh no they don't! Yes they do, a short loop at a pallet, you stand still as survivor and pretend to drop the pallet. The killer either respects the pallet which leads to another loop as you again press shift + w or you see an animation triggering in which case you press space and get a stun. WOW such skill, dude! Do survivors complain about that? Yes when they have the reflexes of a dead cat and get hit through the pallet, which most of the time is their own fault.

    "you do something to manipulate somebody to gain an advantage"

    doing nothing isnt a mindgame your literally standing still with your hands not touching the keyboard that doesnt take skill or experience

1 2 ›