Is "Forever Freddy" going to resurface with the next update?

Title.

You know, the Thanatophobia change isn't a big deal, but if you want survivors to go through hell, playing Freddy and combining Thanatophobia with Dying Light, Sloppy Butcher, or PGTW, along with add-ons that really slow-down generator and healing speed, I think it would still birth a really dirty build.

Do you think it's going to resurface?

I'm saying "resurface" because I know Forever Freddy still exists (I think...?), and people can very well use him right now, but I haven't seen one at all the past month or so.

Comments

  • @NursesBootie said:

    Nah.

    Thank you, nonexistent particles, also known as "Nurse's booty."

  • I don't think so.

    Small OBJECTION! for Coulrophobia: It's TR-based, so it's not useful on Freddy.

  • forget forever freddy they kill the build when ruin got change.

  • Nope. The add-ons are bad. 5% extra gen slow is bad.

  • Given that the build that you suggests is self defeating I'd say no.

    As Dying Light and Coulrophobia/Sloppy don't mix as the obsession only gets a -17%(-50+33=-17) for coulrophobia and still has a +13%(-20+33=13) healing speed against sloppy alone due to how dying light's heal speed up works(Its additive and applied last).

    Also thana's in theory extra 4% after this patch if everyone is injured isn't going to matter as because of dying light itself your almost never going to have more then 2 people injured at any given time or maybe even less.

    Halfing thana's effect is a good way of realistically showing its effect over the course of a game as your not not going to be keeping everyone permanently injured and making it about ~1.5 people effected on average if dying light is in play due to the healing speed up.

  • It will be forever legion.

  • @Xzan said:

    I don't think so.

    Small OBJECTION! for Coulrophobia: It's TR-based, so it's not useful on Freddy.

    Ah, right. It's such a weird Freddy-only thing that I keep forgetting it.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    It will be forever legion.

    Oh good greif that sounds atrocious

  • You know, change the OR to AND, and that's literally my Freddy build. Before someone tells at me, only Thanataphobia is level 3. I haven't levelled him up much.

    It's an effective build against noobs, but I reckon that a good squad won't really care much.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    You know, change the OR to AND, and that's literally my Freddy build. Before someone tells at me, only Thanataphobia is level 3. I haven't levelled him up much.

    It's an effective build against noobs, but I reckon that a good squad won't really care much.

    Why do you want to bully noobs??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    It will be forever legion.

    I think i can hear several people arming guns in the distance and forming a plan to storm BHVR HQ if this is a thing

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    It will be forever legion.

    Yep. That's what I said when they announced they would change thana. It was arguably decent only on Legion and Plague and the update will only benefit those two, imho.

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1666644#Comment_1666644

    Why do you want to bully noobs??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    I DON'T I WANNA CLIMB QUICKLY. Smacking noobs who can't actually run sucks.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1666587#Comment_1666587

    Yep. That's what I said when they announced they would change thana. It was arguably decent only on Legion and Plague and the update will only benefit those two, imho.

    Legion is also awful with Ruin. Being forced to mend and watching your gen progress regress. Now you’re hit with the choice of healing and watching your gen regress, or jumping on it and having a big fat 20% repair speed debuff. Lose/lose. In addition with 4 stacks of thana and Thrill of the hunt you now need to hold M1 on a totem uninterrupted for 26 seconds to cleanse it.

    Sounds so much fun!

  • @Godot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1666578#Comment_1666578

    Thank you, nonexistent particles, also known as "Nurse's booty."

    r/rareInsults

  • @Godot said:

    Title.

    You know, the Thanatophobia change isn't a big deal, but if you want survivors to go through hell, playing Freddy and combining Thanatophobia with Dying Light, Sloppy Butcher, or PGTW, along with add-ons that really slow-down generator and healing speed, I think it would still birth a really dirty build.

    Do you think it's going to resurface?

    I'm saying "resurface" because I know Forever Freddy still exists (I think...?), and people can very well use him right now, but I haven't seen one at all the past month or so.

    He's kind of still here. He'll be just as annoying and boring.

  • Devs make the game more boring with every update. they really think pressing M1 on a gen for 2 minutes is fun.

    played a few days ago against a freddy with Pop, Dying when he got like 7 stacks i just wanted to quit. survivors like to get chased because its fun, you interact with something but sitting on a gen for 2-3 minutes... if anyone really thinks its fun well...

    they dont need to increase gen speed just implement a second objective like finding a screwdriver on the map before starting a gen or something like that. gen speed currently is fine good killers who play strong killers like Freddy, Spirit, Nurse, billy etc

    it just looks like its not fine when you play a weak killer with low mobility on a big map and you're not experienced.

    you barely do 3 gens against a spirit with stridor who knows how to play.. and now imagine increasing the gen speed.

    they just need to balance all maps, balance out killers so every killer is a mid-High tier killer, balance some perks, give survivors a second objective what doesnt waste that much time and here you go.

  • @Godot said:

    Title.

    You know, the Thanatophobia change isn't a big deal, but if you want survivors to go through hell, playing Freddy and combining Thanatophobia with Dying Light, Sloppy Butcher, or PGTW, along with add-ons that really slow-down generator and healing speed, I think it would still birth a really dirty build.

    Do you think it's going to resurface?

    I'm saying "resurface" because I know Forever Freddy still exists (I think...?), and people can very well use him right now, but I haven't seen one at all the past month or so.

    "Dirty build", definition ;


    Decisive strike, Boro, DH, and others sweeties perks..


    Why the survivors will the only, huh? Get good, this update is very fine, no need nerve.🤗


    Or maybe after Spirit, Deathslinger, Nurse, Huntress, Hag.. now Freddy?😯

  • Stridor is useless, the sound of injured survivors are completely bugged with Stridor, like without !


    For the idea of the screwdriver for the generators I like.


    The map of Yamaoka.. vegetation everywhere is very good... Well, not always.. Trapper and its traps, it was the map of the dreams, but, the parchment pink seems to be its sworn enemy... Trapper is eliminated ! Ghostface, Spine chill is broken, GF eliminated ! All killers can have problems on the new maps.


    Actually the vegetation doesn't help, it helps a little bit more the survivors to play hide and seek !🤣


    That's why Freddy will become the best killer, because he can see the aura of the survivor in the dream... More the buff of Thana, of course, he will slow down the game but the survivors always find a loophole to exploit (as usual)!