######### is going on when I swing, miss and the camera shakes like crazy?

It goes left and right like I'm having a seizure. It's nearly always when it looks like the swing definitely should have it. And it's not even usually when the survivor is doing a 360 or anything. It's really annoying and jarring

Comments

  • Well... it COULD be a lag spike initiated by someone cheating you. How often does this happen?

  • Your shaking your head 'cause ya missed. I'd be frustrated in my killing spree too.

  • It's the aim dressing eating #########. You can exploit it as survivor by spinning in a circle like a ballerina.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    It's the aim dressing eating #########. You can exploit it as survivor by spinning in a circle likena ballerina.

    Survivors can also exploit it by wiggle running: unless the Killer waits to regular attack them it'll throw off the lunge attack - you'll lunge but not actually move forward.

    It's a very common thing on console especially.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    It goes left and right like I'm having a seizure. It's nearly always when it looks like the swing definitely should have it. And it's not even usually when the survivor is doing a 360 or anything. It's really annoying and jarring

    Aim dressing. The survivor can sometimes manipulate it in weird ass ways costing you a hit.

  • Aim dressing aka auto-aim that doesn’t exist according to the developers.

    It locks onto where the survivor was half a second ago rather than the position they are currently. Like it can’t keep up with the survivors wiggling/360 movement since they can pivot on the spot so fast, I wonder how much latency is involved.

    Its always been in the game but got worse when dedicated servers were added.

    Of course the developers will still downplay and deny the extent of it. Its basically a free dead hard for survivors.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1665961#Comment_1665961

    Survivors can also exploit it by wiggle running: unless the Killer waits to regular attack them it'll throw off the lunge attack - you'll lunge but not actually move forward.

    It's a very common thing on console especially.

    So the solution is to wait until you're close enough to do a regular attack? I think I often lunge by default tbh so maybe I'm relying on the lunge too much.

    @Moundshroud said:

    Well... it COULD be a lag spike initiated by someone cheating you. How often does this happen?

    Not like every match but often enough.


    Thanks everyone for the answers!