Dead by Daylight,the game where killers act more civilized than the survivors

Which in retrospect,should be the other way around.Whenever I play killer,2 out of 3 games are survivors complaining of playing my role and doing a good job as a killer.

Sometimes just straight out insulting because they get salty and rage for no reason.And pretty much every single time survivors escapes,they feel the need to boast sending messages like gg ez baby killer,i'm better than you learn to play,uninstall,while keeping a straight face.

What makes survivors so angry?Whenever I play soloq and a survivors start being rude for no reason to the killer I always try to tell them there's no reason to be toxic and wonder why they couldn't just leave and calm down.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The amount of killers who have let me go even if I had a good game as survivor is countless.

    The amount of survivors who let me kill them after having a bad game as killer is... 3.

    Those 3 are probably trying to derank or smurfing lol..

    Just a joke :)

  • Honestly I think disabling the chat in public games would make everyone a favor all around lol in dbd.

  • @Kolonite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663663#Comment_1663663

    Bro he's giving you his anecdotal experience which is all any of us have to go off of. There aren't numbers. Unless BHVR is keeping track of bans and playtime of each respective side. Literally none of us know what the ratio of toxic players is. We can only make guesses taking into account personal experience and how often a particular side is encountered. You're arguing about nothing lmao

    Indeed. I even tried to show them that by asking them the exact same request they asked me, but I don't think they got it.

  • It's really just the nature of the game. At high skill level the survivors are mostly the ones in control and they aren't afraid of the killer really. They just constantly try to toy with them.

    Survivor games barely change. You do gens and you try to loop. All the survivors are the same. Survivors expect to win every game and really it's their game to lose. I think toxic survivor mains mostly have to add this extra component of picking on killers to have fun, while also getting angry if killers don't pay right.

    Killers can mix it up. Often paying killers they aren't entirely good at. We know when we've had as bad game and we never expect to win 100% of the time. We know exactly what to expect from survivors. Winning is satisfying enough and we don't take losses too hard. We have tons more ways to lose making it easier to swallow.

  • Capture+_2020-08-12-16-30-30.png

    To be honest, I expect messages when I play Killer nowadays. Happens more often than not, but I have fun with it after I found a website that has all kinds of random facts. I'll scroll through, copy and paste a fact I like and that's my response. This screenshot was after one of my Plague games.


    This accomplished two things

    1. I confused him.

    2. I stealth insulted him, claiming he had no friends.


    So far, this strat is 8 for 8 : no responses and have gotten blocked all 8 times. 😂😂

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/196330/dead-by-daylight-the-game-where-killers-act-more-civilized-than-the-survivors

    I wish I could say you are wrong, but I can't. I play both Survivor and Killer in equal measure and the percentage of Survivor jerks is far higher than that of the Killer jerks. It should be noted, however, that the vast majority of Players (Survivor and Killer) are polite and friendly both before and post-game. The problem is that we tend to remember the jerks more clearly, and it skews our perception like a fun-house mirror. Back in the 80s it was called the Geraldo Effect. If most of what you see/remember is negative, your context and perception gets twisted and standards lowered. Most games end with polite GG or nothing at all. Those fade into the background of our minds because we aren't keeping track of them or counting them. The jerks stand out and that we remember. Do you see how it works?

    So yes, there are more poorly behaved Survivors than there are Killers, but it is also a 4v1 game so statistically you are more likely to encounter a jerk on the side with four people even if three of them are perfectly nice or silent. Do you see where I'm going with this? My own experience, roughly tracked and counted is that about one in thirty or so Killers is a jerk post game. Survivors are more like one in four or five.

    It's true. People tend to remember bad things more. I personally used to think survivors only said gg when they won, so I paid more attention and noticed this wasn't the case at all.

  • So after reading this thread this is what it all boils down to.

    Survivors: I DIED SO JM GOING TO TELL THE KILLER IM GOING TO MURDER HIM, THAT HE IS TERRIBLE AND SHOULD FEEL LIKE SCUM?!!?!?!!!!!!😡😡😡


    Killers: These last 8 games people told me to kill myself, im going to start playing more to have fun, killing with moris and just enjoy myself instead.


    Survivors on forums: SEE KILLERS USE MORIS SO ITS JUST AS BAD, LOOK AT DUMB KILLERS THINKING WE ARE TOXIC, YOU SHOULD ALL DIE AND LEAVE THIS GAME.


    Yeah this thread shows survivor main bias lol

  • Between the teabagging, flashlight clicking, and post game trash talking, my experiences with most survivors are overwhelmingly negative.


    It's bad, I fill out the surveys every time telling BHVR that it's honestly ruining the experience for me, but what are they gonna do about it? Give survivors a penalty in-game for BM? Not likely. All these salty little shits would ragequit in a heartbeat.

  • This is by far the stupidest discussion I've ever read and I love it

    At this point I should bring out popcorn and watch what happens next

  • Some people play to discharge their frustration. Not to "have fun." They probably think they're good at it, too. So if they win, they'll want to make everybody know—they'll act toxic. Since they're such "good players," they'll expect a good outcome from every match. So if that good outcome doesn't happen—they'll act toxic.

1 2 ›