REMOVE the Struggle Button Mashing ALREADY !
im SICK of it ! i gonna stop struggling everytime now and hurt my team.
ITs RIDICULOUS ! i dont want to mash the FKING Keyboard all the tiem its so DUMB who had this idea???.
im SICK of it ! i gonna stop struggling everytime now and hurt my team.
ITs RIDICULOUS ! i dont want to mash the FKING Keyboard all the tiem its so DUMB who had this idea???.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The idea is to stress you out. You are, after all, about to die. Seems like it's working.
how does it seem like its working? its not intense its just ######### and ever normal Human can see it is not Fun just forum Trolls cant.
@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY
how am i the Troll here at least i tell the Devs waht pisses me off while you say useless crap like "Triggered much?" just dont talk if you dont have anythign to say Forum Troll. sadly i found 2 Forum Trolls super quickly.
pls only talk in this Thread if you have somethign usefull to say but i guess you dont have.
Nice alt to upvote yourself with...
Anyway, I explained why it's there, and your stressed out reaction to it says it's working as intended. You may not think it's fun (nobody thinks it's fun, just for the record), but it's working as intended.
I don't mind the stress of it, but my poor keyboard... :'(
yeah it would be much better than waht we have now.
Didn't know survivor was so stressful...
Guess we need to make it easier for ya?
ill guess hes a non swf and probably newer player to the game . The mechanic is designed around having a lost killer not being close to a hook and you having a small chance to escape his grasp , then if you factor in a killers iron grasp which makes it 75% harder to struggle free . Now , survivors have DS (wich is a skill check)and with the addition of kate (don't remember the name of her basic ability) there is also a counter to iron grasp .
almost everything a killer can do or has the survivors have a counter or tool for , its just about getting the right setup for the killer you face . What MM uses is different from the nurse which is different from the huntress , so its hard to gauge a setup to struggle free based on one killer . Plus you have to consider that struggling free isn't supposed to happen all that often unless the killer messes up . Think of it like slippery meat its a small % chance based off what the killer does while he carries you .
As far as the button mashing goes , watch the meter the faster you push them isn't always the better . each press adds a certain amount to the meter , it also takes x amount of time and thus hitting the next key doesn't register if hit too fast , its a timing thing .
... he was talking about "on the hook" struggle
Also Boil Over sucks
I took it that he was talking about the struggle free concept since he said bashing his keyboard . Default comp settings are keyboard to struggle free and to unhook is mouse . I may be wrong on what he meant but that is how I read it .
Thank you for naming the ability I couldn't remember . The more I think about it I hope he was talking about the carry struggle , on the hook without slippery meat you only have 3 chances so there wouldn't be any keyboard bashing involved .
Boil over isnt the popular build but like I said it counters iron grasp , and combined with ds it would make for a easier struggle free . But I also agree with you in the fact there are better abilities out there for other things . I don't run it myself , I worry about the game outside of the struggle free mechanic .
@Grimbergoth you talk about Wiggling .... i talk about Strugging....
Struggling is jsut mashing Spacebar for 1Minute and then die anyways if you are unlucky , and if you let go you just hurt the Team, and every one is pissed because the guy on hook could have given some Time by Struggling but he decided to let go and i can completely understand it because its probably the most unfun mechanic in the World. IT HAS TO GO it cant be so hard to remove it.
they could make so u hold spacebar like with the selfunhook if you decide you want to die. that would be something for the start even tho i disagree with the suicide mechanic in general.
I don't know why I overlooked that entirely , and yes that is tedious at best . Though I think if it wasn't a somewhat easy skill check that most players would die if they went that rout , especialy when they are newer players . At least with this method you get bp for the struggle . I don't find it all that difficult myself, annoying , but not difficult .
Thank you for pointing out I was talking about the wrong thing .
I'd prefer holding M1 since your keyboard is already getting destroyed as it is.
Are you one of those who think you need to press the button like crazy till you hurt your arm? You poor thing.....
Just needs a steady rhythm. It's nothing to stress over.... I don't think I tap more than 3 times a second myself an always get nearly maximum points per struggle.
If it's like wiggling, twice per second will do.
You probably didn't notice it , once the legs , spikes whatever you want to call them come down on stage two and you struggle , when you give out you are given points according to how long of a struggle it was , max I think is around 800 .
how on earth is this a problem. You dont have to mash your keyboard until it breaks. All it takes is a consistent, steady pace of taps.
as far as I know there isn't any bp for struggling while being carried , but like I said if that is the button bashing you are talking about then its more of a rhythm to break free then spam bashing the buttons .
being carried is wiggling.
and the rythm is still to fast to do it for how long? 1 minute + ? and not once a day .....
its still mashing its NOT a nice rythm.
It's a "nice rhythm" if you're doing it right. You only need to press the button two times every second.
Yes, i do play bass guitar.
One, work on grammar/spelling. It's hard to take a post serious when it's covered in mistakes. Secondly, "It has to go" is as solid a logic/backfeed as someone demanding that they remove the next killer because she's "too nude." It is their game, they can make it how they want. If you don't like it, really, you CAN play another game. There's lots to choose from, such is the age we're in.
Third....You can change the keybinding in the settings. I suggest mouse wheel down. Makes it far easier. And if that doesn't work for you, if you want, you can set up a macro to simulate your pressing it at a relatively normal rate (and that doesn't go against ToS, as far as I know? But either way, be sensible, and don't make it go stupid fast)
You don't have to mash it as fast as you think. And on controller, you just have to spin the joystick and a normal speed.
It's not stressful it's really just annoying. When you have more than 5 hours in the game you don't get scared easy unless it's a jumpscare from ew1 myers or hag. It isn't stressful, just tedious and boring
There's no reason for it though, it isn't a "fun" gameplay mechanic, it's just a chore and annoying to do
Not really that steady, my own personal experience has been it has to be a lot more rapidly, like you have to be tapping it rather fast. I can see it being a problem, not so much as game mechanical balance issue, but as an issue because it wears your space button a lot faster, lets just say I'm using a mechanical keyboard in the more expensive price range - the Razer Ornata Chroma, the one I'm using is actually a replacement due to a different issue with it that was covered by the warranty, but it's not more than a few months old and my space bar already is beginning to not always register input, which isn't just in DbD but also with normal use. Furthermore, don't play survivor as much as I play killer. So yes I can see this more of a problem due to this. I think it would be a lot better to actually not have this struggle mechanic, instead perhaps have it as a skill check that would become increasingly more difficult, and for those who're great at skill checks won't have an issue with it being that way, and those with issues with skill checks will just get more practice if they get hooked. Besides, the struggle mechanic don't stress out the most of us, it's even more boring than doing gens, it just destroys the spacebar / X button - one game at a time!
If they wanted people be engaged more while beeing hooked and on struggle, why not engage the survivor with a mind game vs. the entity? Where with each failure, you lost more health than you would otherwise, thats a great incentive to play along, to stay alive for a bit longer as opposed to a faster death.
they could replace it with skillchecks
If your idea to protest the struggle button (admittedly annoying at times with input lag) is to screw your team over maybe you need to be removed from the game. We don't need any more salt and toxicity. Its not a big deal to hit a button while in struggle just move past it and try to enjoy the rest of the game.
lol i hate this too