Am I reading patch notes wrong?
- A regressing Generator can lose progress due to other effects
- e.g. a Generator affected by Ruin can still lose progress due to Surge
- Surge, Pop Goes the Weasel, and Overcharge have had their text updated to reflect these changes
Is this saying that Ruin now now longer has non-synergy with Pop/Surge (and Overcharge, I guess)?
Comments
If so I might actually get hag, ruin never appealed to me due to the fact I like Overcharge+Lullaby combo, and Old ruin I just didnt like as it seemed it either won the game for you or was completetly useless
surge affects regressing gens but i imagine overcharge and pop dont since you can't kick a regressing generator.
That would also be my assumption but why add that final line about Pop and Overcharge?
Maybe it's specifically saying in their text that they cannot be used with regressing generators since you can't complete a kick action. Mother of god.. a tooltip buff.
Upon re-reading, I also noticed this:
Could it be that the changes to Pop/Overcharge's text have to do with Surge and not Ruin?
We can use more updated text on more perks
Has anyone seen or played on the PTB?
I can't get into Twitch to see.... HAHAHA
Bruh this is so confusing I want to know if my build of Corrupt Ruin POP Noed is gonna be stronger or the same cuz this ain’t telling me much 😂
If someone could post screencaps of the new descriptions for Pop/Surge/Overcharge in the PTB, that'd be much appreciated.
Imagine using Pop/Ruin/Dragon Breath/Surveillance if you COULD use Pop/Overcharge on regressing gens.
There would be lots of different builds coming out of the woodwork.
Okay op please tag me in about 2 hours if you still need screencaps I'm mid-ptb-install but my Internet is #########.
I'd just post them anyways if they haven't been posted here already.
So my internet worked today. That's a first.
Pop Goes The Weasel:
Surge:
Overcharge:
EDIT OF THE EDIT: Here's the original descriptions taken from live servers:
Thank you very much.
TBH, the new wording on Pop seems more vague than the old wording. Surge is marginally clearer but doesn't seem consistent with the new terminology, and Overcharge appears to be identical.
No worries, and yeah I agree the wording doesn't seem that much better lol
Thank you for taking the time to do this - think that basically confirms that there is still no synergy between Surge and the other 2 perks... I think it already works with Hex: Ruin at the moment (the explosion working on already regressing gens in the area around where you down someone) but would like to see some PTB KYF testing done to be sure... maybe bug some friends about it (grumble grumble)
If you're EU I might stand a chance at hopping on to help but we'd have to work around college being a ######### and me spending about 4 hours each day on a train.