Aura reading perks...

...Don't seem to be that popular? It's interesting, either as killer or survivor I tend to run at least one, but from the whole day I played today, I only saw two survivors running Kindred, one running Bond, and one team of OoO that I was paired with. Do you guys use aura reading perks?

Comments

  • I love aura reading perks.

    One of my current builds is Open Handed, Bond, Visionary, and Windows of Opportunity.

    It tells me everything I want/need to know.

  • He wants that Open Handed value. Honestly saw the same trend on meta things but I basically live off on Bond in solo queue... assumption is people just team up and voice comms?

  • Because it’s (mostly) permanent, and helps a lot on Lery’s, Hawkins, Midwich, and Gideon. I can start avoiding a 3 gen straight from the start of the match, instead of assessing after the first gen is done.

  • @ZCerebrate said:

    He wants that Open Handed value. Honestly saw the same trend on meta things but I basically live off on Bond in solo queue... assumption is people just team up and voice comms?

    You were the one that sold me on Bond so now I run it all the time but I'm looking at these forums and wondering exactly how many people are solo and how many are SWF? Because if people are going solo without aura perks isn't that a little odd...

  • I'm solo, and you generally want builds that help you solo because you have zero idea what kind of situation you're going into. Aura perks tell you what's going on, but do not help your ability to do something about it.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640189#Comment_1640189

    You were the one that sold me on Bond so now I run it all the time but I'm looking at these forums and wondering exactly how many people are solo and how many are SWF? Because if people are going solo without aura perks isn't that a little odd...

    Bond is by far one of the most useful solo perks in the entire game. It can give so much information even when you don’t see survivors auras.

  • @Heartbound said:

    I'm solo, and you generally want builds that help you solo because you have zero idea what kind of situation you're going into. Aura perks tell you what's going on, but do not help your ability to do something about it.

    So what you're saying is that you don't use them? What would be an example of your loadout?

  • I run Blood Pact as a staple. It's one of my favorite perks because it fills the slot of a useful Aura perk and an Obsession perk to protect against no one running Decisive

  • @gatsby said:

    I run Blood Pact as a staple. It's one of my favorite perks because it fills the slot of a useful Aura perk and an Obsession perk to protect against no one running Decisive

    That's a brilliant idea! I run For the People on some of my builds to fill the obsession slot.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640212#Comment_1640212

    So what you're saying is that you don't use them? What would be an example of your loadout?

    I have all the perks etc unlocked on my main so I'm mainly just messing around. Right now it's Self Care/Botany/Desperate Measures/Soul Guard since hex totems are big right now.

    My battle build is Borrowed Time/Dead Hard/Botany/Self Care when I'm playing serious though. Some solo survivors can do without the ability to heal themselves but if you face a stealth killer that can blow up in your face real quick. Camping is just what a lot of killers do and it can screw an emblem if someone gets downed off the hook, so you must take borrowed time, and Dead Hard can really extend a chase.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640221#Comment_1640221

    That's a brilliant idea! I run For the People on some of my builds to fill the obsession slot.

    I used to do that before Blood Pact was released. I like Blood Pact better because its extremely reliable and gets used pretty much every game... which is something literally no other Obsession perk really does. All the other Obsession Perks are unreliable and have entire games where they never get used

  • I always use Empathy as a Solo survivor

    Rarely use Aura perks or add ons as killer, usually only Nurses

    At LEAST 80% of killers I face on PS4 use Bbq, and it’s absolutely helpful, but I kno they can play w/o it, hopefully. I’m surprised players aren’t calling killer’s names an calling Bbq their “crutch,” tbh. Maybs they do, idk?

    MANY killers I face use a variety of Aura perks, especially Infectious, Nurses & Undying.

    I’m All Ears has been popular lately, also.

    Spies from the Shadows is rare, but I see it here an there.

    If killer’s aren’t using an Aura reading perk, then they usually have some add ons equipped that reveal a survivor’s aura.

    Again, this is only what I’m experiencing lately on PS4. All depends on who’s playing who.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640189#Comment_1640189

    You were the one that sold me on Bond so now I run it all the time but I'm looking at these forums and wondering exactly how many people are solo and how many are SWF? Because if people are going solo without aura perks isn't that a little odd...

    I don't get why people don't ruin auras solo(Unless they are either self challenging or doing archives).

    I personally play solo and use kindred just so I know what kind of play I should be going for when my teammates are hooked as sticking to a gen when 2 teammates are rushing the hook has won me countless games so I don't know why other's don't.

    Also people who complain about camping but don't run Kindred or BT always confuses me as kindred is one of the single best anti camp perks in the game.

  • For survivor I've been running bond on every character and now I'm starting to love kindred.

    For killer I have a bbq addiction and also I'm all ears.

  • Kindred is the best Perk for me overall when I solo queue period.

    I wish everyone ran that. It gives so much leeway.

  • As Solo, Kindred is glued to my loadouts in any build I run. I sometimes combine it with Open Handed, because that extra aura reading size is stupidly good. I'm just shocked more people don't use it because it's helped me get tons of safe unhooks. I also use Blood Pact to see the injured survivor, and they see me, which is pretty useful, especially if the Obsession keeps changing during the match.

  • @ringwinning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640189#Comment_1640189

    You were the one that sold me on Bond so now I run it all the time but I'm looking at these forums and wondering exactly how many people are solo and how many are SWF? Because if people are going solo without aura perks isn't that a little odd...

    I run solo and I don't run aura reading perks (generally) there are a few builds that I run that do use aura reading. But because I'm used to tracking survivors as killer, I use those same techniques to track survivors as survivor. And generally if I need a heal there's a number of strategies that you can employ. One of my favorites is when another survivor is hooked and I know that the killer is in a chase and I know that a healthy survivor is going for the save. I'll also go for the hook and then we can group heal at the hook.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I love aura reading perks.

    One of my current builds is Open Handed, Bond, Visionary, and Windows of Opportunity.

    It tells me everything I want/need to know.

    Just saying if you run Object Of Obsession, Aftercare, Detectives Hunch, Windows of Opportunity and a Rainbow map you can't track every single aura possible in the trial.

    The Information Station as I like to call it.

  • Most survivors aren't out to be team players, or if they are they are on comms, which they can use to ape aura reading. Plus, Kindred and Bond don't carry you. All you get is info, not yet another second chance.

    Most killers have some form of info perk or info gathering. BBQ is the most common, but it is also one of the easiest to counter and it's really only useful against genrushers (in the sense that you get to see their aura, not that you get to actually do anything about it) or newer players.

  • I run Kindred almost every single survivor game. I play either solo or with another person in duos, and Kindred is amazingly useful either way.

    I like aura perks as killer, but it depends on what killer I’m playing. I feel like they’re less necessary than when I play survivor, because you can usually figure out where survivors are and what they’re doing based on how the match is going, noise notifications, etc.