Compound 7

In regards to Blight's compound 7 add-on, the one which makes you face the nearest survivor after a slam, what's the general opinion, I personally find it's easier to hit the survivor without running it, but I'm not sure if that's cause I'm just not used to it or what.

Comments

  • To good to be a brown, should be base-kit

  • Horrible addon, more of a hindrance than a benefit. What's the point of facing anyone if there's an obstacle between us and it pulls me to it when I myself try to go around. Another addon that's a hindrance is the adrenaline vial. The turning penalty of it was way too punishing even when combined with the umbra salts addon which considerably increases turning.

  • Massive debuff for any Blight with good reactions. Too often you're going to end up looking where you don't want to look. I'm glad it isn't base kit like I saw so many people claimed it should be in his first week, or Blight would be unplayable.

  • @Stinde said:

    Horrible addon, more of a hindrance than a benefit. What's the point of facing anyone if there's an obstacle between us and it pulls me to it when I myself try to go around. Another addon that's a hindrance is the adrenaline vial. The turning penalty of it was way too punishing even when combined with the umbra salts addon which considerably increases turning.

    @MadLordJack said:

    Massive debuff for any Blight with good reactions. Too often you're going to end up looking where you don't want to look. I'm glad it isn't base kit like I saw so many people claimed it should be in his first week, or Blight would be unplayable.

    Well atleast I'm not alone in thinking it's a net negative.

  • I tried it today and it was atrocious. Half the time I knew where the closest survivor was and it didn't point me at them at all, and the other half it was so disorientating that it made it harder to get a hit.

  • I find it only works in situations where you actually don't need it anyway. In all other instances, it just becomes a liability.

  • For chasing, it's bad. But it's a neat tracking Tool.

  • Dont know why so many people dislike this addon. It honestly became perma reserved slot on my Blight, i just cant play without it. Very helpful in my opinion. First its hard to locate juking survivors immediately and this addon saves precious time. I can go for an instant m2 after slam and hit without need to adjusting my camera. And second it sometimes helps in finding hidden survivors so its like a discount Compound 21.

    I just fell in love with this addon, i didnt prestige blight at all and never will solely because of a higher chance to get brown addons. Too bad that the bloodweb is polluted now with new brown offerings and honestly it feels like i have higher chance to get any addon from yellow to purple color than Compound 7.

  • @Stinde said:

    Horrible addon, more of a hindrance than a benefit. What's the point of facing anyone if there's an obstacle between us and it pulls me to it when I myself try to go around. Another addon that's a hindrance is the adrenaline vial. The turning penalty of it was way too punishing even when combined with the umbra salts addon which considerably increases turning.

    I actually got my adept while using adrenaline vial.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Massive debuff for any Blight with good reactions. Too often you're going to end up looking where you don't want to look. I'm glad it isn't base kit like I saw so many people claimed it should be in his first week, or Blight would be unplayable.

    (Y) Same

  • @Stinde said:

    Horrible addon, more of a hindrance than a benefit. What's the point of facing anyone if there's an obstacle between us and it pulls me to it when I myself try to go around. Another addon that's a hindrance is the adrenaline vial. The turning penalty of it was way too punishing even when combined with the umbra salts addon which considerably increases turning.

    I have to disagree. Adrenaline vial is not bad, just really hard to use.

  • Props to you, you must be very good with Blight. How did the adrenaline vial feel for you and did you even have a turning addon to compensate the penalty? For me it just made every rush take me very far away from where I tried to go and missing a lot of slamming locations I could have slammed without it. It was just impossible to get rush hits with it.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639016#Comment_1639016

    Props to you, you must be very good with Blight. How did the adrenaline vial feel for you and did you even have a turning addon to compensate the penalty? For me it just made every rush take me very far away from where I tried to go and missing a lot of slamming locations I could have slammed without it. It was just impossible to get rush hits with it.

    Actually I used adrenaline vial and compound 33 I think it's called. The iridescent one. The turning wasnt that much of problem for me because I try my best not to turn a lot anyway while rushing. I try to basically forward the movement of the survivor and it works quite well.

  • Enough hilarity already ensues when aim dressing tries to do its job with my basic attacks. I don't really need an add-on like this to give me pseudo aim dressing on my special attacks too...

  • Not once seen that vial show up how many games it take you as blight to get it me 4 games

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639016#Comment_1639016

    Not once seen that vial show up how many games it take you as blight to get it me 4 games

    Like a whole day of playing because it took me forever to get the hang of him.

  • @Pior_Morte said:

    To good to be a brown, should be base-kit

    if that disorienting trash heep of an addon was basekit I would never play blight again

  • @magicmaster2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639155#Comment_1639155

    Like a whole day of playing because it took me forever to get the hang of him.

    Neat though tip for him try using the placebo tablet makes hitting easier and more points and throws loopers off guard

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Massive debuff for any Blight with good reactions. Too often you're going to end up looking where you don't want to look. I'm glad it isn't base kit like I saw so many people claimed it should be in his first week, or Blight would be unplayable.

    @Stinde said:

    Horrible addon, more of a hindrance than a benefit. What's the point of facing anyone if there's an obstacle between us and it pulls me to it when I myself try to go around. Another addon that's a hindrance is the adrenaline vial. The turning penalty of it was way too punishing even when combined with the umbra salts addon which considerably increases turning.

    You just don't understand how to use it.

    It INSTANTLY turns you into survivor's direction so you can fit into some really slim timings.

    When you can't benefit from addon, you usually have time to turn yourself anyway, so this addon is only a hindrance when there are multiple survivors nearby, otherwise it is a very good addon.

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639229#Comment_1639229

    Neat though tip for him try using the placebo tablet makes hitting easier and more points and throws loopers off guard

    Oh since then I've gotten nothing but merciless with him.

  • @magicmaster2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639354#Comment_1639354

    Oh since then I've gotten nothing but merciless with him.

    Nice I only use him for challenges rn and getting his perks

  • @redsopine00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639443#Comment_1639443

    Nice I only use him for challenges rn and getting his perks

    Really? That kinda sucks. He's actually pretty good, but I suppose that's just opinion.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1638938#Comment_1638938

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1638896#Comment_1638896

    You just don't understand how to use it.

    It INSTANTLY turns you into survivor's direction so you can fit into some really slim timings.

    When you can't benefit from addon, you usually have time to turn yourself anyway, so this addon is only a hindrance when there are multiple survivors nearby, otherwise it is a very good addon.

    I understand how it works and how to use it, I just have good reaction times and so get screwed over more than helped. If someone needs compound 7 to play Blight, fine. But it is a massive hinderence if you are the kind of player that can make snap decisions, aim well and process every piece of information presented. It's like if Huntress had an add-on that swung your camera around when you reach full charge.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639408#Comment_1639408

    I understand how it works and how to use it, I just have good reaction times and so get screwed over more than helped. If someone needs compound 7 to play Blight, fine. But it is a massive hinderence if you are the kind of player that can make snap decisions, aim well and process every piece of information presented. It's like if Huntress had an add-on that swung your camera around when you reach full charge.

    No matter how fast you are you can't match with instant aiming anyway. You literally spam the "rush" button to chain them so quickly, that you can shut down loops with it. Without that addon you physically cannot manage to that, since you'll lack those fractions of seconds this addon saves for you.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639951#Comment_1639951

    No matter how fast you are you can't match with instant aiming anyway. You literally spam the "rush" button to chain them so quickly, that you can shut down loops with it. Without that addon you physically cannot manage to that, since you'll lack those fractions of seconds this addon saves for you.

    There isn't a single instance where you need that. Not one. It is just a crutch add-on for players who cannot prepare a path and react fast enough without it, because like it or not the .2 seconds it occasionally saves are never the difference between a hit or miss. There's nothing wrong with that, there's plenty of crutches in DbD. Personally I cannot shake Enduring, and I know some people that need Shadowborn. But a crutch is a crutch.

    And if we move past the idea of using it to get hits, we come to the fact that it wrecks your pathing. There are plenty of tiles in which you need to use more than one rush, and plenty of times you don't want to be snapped in a random direction that, should you rush into, you'll just collide with an object. This situation is far more common than the one that shaves of about .2 seconds of turning your camera.

  • @Pior_Morte said:

    To good to be a brown, should be base-kit

    Oh god no. That add-on is hot garbage. You'll play way worse with it than without it.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1638938#Comment_1638938

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1638896#Comment_1638896

    You just don't understand how to use it.

    It INSTANTLY turns you into survivor's direction so you can fit into some really slim timings.

    When you can't benefit from addon, you usually have time to turn yourself anyway, so this addon is only a hindrance when there are multiple survivors nearby, otherwise it is a very good addon.

    If they reduced the range from 16 meters to 6 meters I would use it for the shots where you go from wall to survivor for an instant down.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640356#Comment_1640356

    There isn't a single instance where you need that. Not one. It is just a crutch add-on for players who cannot prepare a path and react fast enough without it, because like it or not the .2 seconds it occasionally saves are never the difference between a hit or miss. There's nothing wrong with that, there's plenty of crutches in DbD. Personally I cannot shake Enduring, and I know some people that need Shadowborn. But a crutch is a crutch.

    And if we move past the idea of using it to get hits, we come to the fact that it wrecks your pathing. There are plenty of tiles in which you need to use more than one rush, and plenty of times you don't want to be snapped in a random direction that, should you rush into, you'll just collide with an object. This situation is far more common than the one that shaves of about .2 seconds of turning your camera.

    Dude, whatever, just know this addon gives something you will never achieve with hands.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639408#Comment_1639408

    If they reduced the range from 16 meters to 6 meters I would use it for the shots where you go from wall to survivor for an instant down.

    nah, the point is in 16 meters, otherwise you can't cover loops.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640580#Comment_1640580

    nah, the point is in 16 meters, otherwise you can't cover loops.

    I don't think this ability is useful in a loop. It's useful when the survivor turned a sharp corner and you're looking to bank into a hit.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1641030#Comment_1641030

    I don't think this ability is useful in a loop. It's useful when the survivor turned a sharp corner and you're looking to bank into a hit.

    hmm, where can you find sharp corners, oh yeah.

    in loops

  • @magicmaster2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639578#Comment_1639578

    Really? That kinda sucks. He's actually pretty good, but I suppose that's just opinion.

    Oh I get he's good I'm just not using him RN as I'm like 5months behind on dbd and still doing tome 1 and I'm just using who I know how to use for them