Why can't people be neutral?

I hate always going through these forums and seeing nothing but bias. I don't care which side you main. Just be civil, and not a complete jerk about it. Can it be annoying when you just pop a gen and noed hits after you swear you got all 5 totems? Absolutely. Can it also be annoying when you are about to get a 4k and someone has a key? Absolutely. Neither side is perfect. This game isn't perfect. This isn't bashing the dev's either. They try their best, and while I understand their best isn't always enough to satisfy everyone at least they try.


Anyway I guess this was just all one big rant. I don't care how much you agree with me. People have different opinions...accept that.

Comments

  • You got me... I only main Nea the entity herself. I would have gotten away with it too. Lol

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    I try but sometimes you see how clueless some people are, and they instead of trying to have a decent discussion they just go the easy way and call you entitled X main.

    I try to help people who actually want some advice and have good discussions but you usually see people not wanting to do that.

    Yeah it's annoying when the sane are drown out by the insane.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    Being neutral is getting called a "main" of the other side anytime you say anything someone doesn't agree with. Most people don't want an discussion, they want to be right and they want an echo chamber.

    The number of times I've been called a killer or survivor main for pointing out things like DS or Spirit being a bit too much is too high to count. As stated above, I just got tired of it and now I'm a little picky with what I respond to.

    Being neutral is a endangered and generally quiet breed. Being biased is plentiful and loud.

    Sad, but what can you really do. You can't make people neutral. You can't make them listen to reason when they have an army of bias behind them ready to back them up with the same mentality.

    I've seen so many posts that are just echo chambers and all those people look crazy

  • @SimplyNotFun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/193539/why-cant-people-be-neutral

    Lol the getting annoyed at the key when you’re about to 4K part is really funny! Please share with us more entitled killer information to complain about! Ridiculous 1v4 and the 1 person is always expected to have a good time while the 4 people die every single game with zero hope except doing 5 generators. It’s not always possible to do 5 generators with 4 survivors. Absolutely ridiculous way of thinking that shows absolute 100% entitlement for killer mains. 4K or you complain. A key cost someone bloodpoints. A Mori cost someone bloodpoints. Everyone deserves a chance to escape when their objective becomes near impossible. You are not just handed the 4th kill because you got 3 of them. That’s not how it works. Quite frankly I don’t want to play a game like that.

    I'm not saying that every killer game should be a 4k, but I did say annoyed. Things can be annoying and not outrageous. I don't expect survivors to give up once the other 3 are dead, but I've had multiple times when there were still all 4 people and they all went through the hatch. It was super frustrating, but I suppose that's how it works right now. I also used a really annoying if not frustrating situation for survivors.

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636375#Comment_1636375

    You mean rig your mountains to blow as a deterrence and arm your populous to the teeth?

    I was more focusing being neutral part.

  • HOW CAN I BE NEUTRAL WHEN NO MITHER IS IN THE GAME!!! JUST REMOVE THAT OP #########!!

  • What do you mean with neutral? I play both sides all the time pretty much equaly but according to people on this forum, i am a survivor main (on some days a killer main tho lolz) because i disagree with many killer main opinions.

    Its about opinions, experience and a debate, nothing more nothing less. Honestly it would be really boring if everybody had the same to say and everbody would just quietly accept it, even if disagree.

    Anyway, thumbs up for your nice posting, we dont have to go onto each others gargle all the time because we dont agree with each other.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1636377#Comment_1636377

    I’ve repeatedly explained how Blood Favour is fair and balanced as a hex perk and also having a cooldown, with additional stalling benefits BECAUSE it is a hex, but 100% killer mains don’t want to hear it.

    Their main insinuation is unless it blocks all pallets, all the time, so that survivors can NEVER use a pallet, then it’s an unbalanced perk.

    Accepting other opinion is also part of being neutral.

    So you think Blood favour is good although it's a hex with a cooldown that can simply be countered by holding W. Fair enough.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/193539/why-cant-people-be-neutral

    people aren't neutral because neutrality doesn't exist.

    In fact, everyone thinks this:

     I don't care how much you agree with me. People have different opinions...accept that.

    or, to be more explicit: I have my opinion which I think is correct (hence: objectively true). You can have yours, but I don't care about it because you are wrong (if you don't agree with me).

    Maybe Broad-Minded or Open-Minded would be better words to use in this case? It's true enough that pure neutrality isn't possible as everyone has some form of bias.

  • @Pior_Morte said:

    HOW CAN I BE NEUTRAL WHEN NO MITHER IS IN THE GAME!!! JUST REMOVE THAT OP #########!!

    How could I be so blind? That perk is the best perk in the game. All this time I couldn't see it.

  • @GrimmReaper said:

    Bet some of the people here saying they're unbiased are actually biased. We've seen your posts.

    I once had someone come after me for being a selfish, whining, DS/UH abusing toxicity apologist that needed to stop being such a whingy prick, stop abusing second chance perks, play killer once in a while and grow the hell up.

    I don't know if you recognise me, but no-one in that thread did. Which is good, because that would be kind of wierd.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1637124#Comment_1637124

    Maybe Broad-Minded or Open-Minded would be better words to use in this case? It's true enough that pure neutrality isn't possible as everyone has some form of bias.

    You'd run into a similar problem as the one I mentioned. Namely, people feel that being "open minded" means you must consider every opinion and/or treat them all as equally valid, no matter how absurd and/or downright wrong they are. So if you were to disregard someone who said survivors should be able to kill the killer, for example, you'd be called "close minded".

1 2 ›