Number 1 Reason why Console Players Could be Disabling Crossplay

The main reason could be because there are too many PC hackers and lagswitchers. I remember encountering someone who was definitely doing something to the match once in a blue moon in Console but with PC is several times a week.

How do I know its lagswitching or exploits? Everything is going extremely well with the match up until the point when Im in a chase, injured looping around a pallet and Im about to make it to the pallet to throw it. Even with dead hard the lag that is created at that moment is so much that I back-track and the killer is able to get me.

The reality is that exploits and hacking are way more accessible and easier for PC players and we can't cover the sun with a finger.

***Now what is the only solution that the developers have provided to players: "Turn off Crossplay, because basically is optional. Even though we are pretty much trying really hard to make you enable it by telling you that we will only match you with people who have also turned off crossplay and that you will have to wait longer". Which means that basically we are penalizing you for doing it"***

The same thing with the DC penalty. "Let's Turn it off because we can't control hackers" which I think its okay but we are still being penalized for something we shouldn't.

I honestly don't have anything against PC players even if I believe they aren't that much better at the game than console even though they have a huge advantage of their control mechanics which are way easier to manage and be better at the game than console controllers are.

But now I have to either decide what to do because one thing is bad internet, normal lag or just admitting that we got downed fairly by the killer. But another thing is lag created solely in the moments where it clearly benefits the killer and you know its exploits at that point.

As a killer it isn't much different. I once encountered a PC survivor who was clearly hacking. He was teabagging me and my hits went through him like if I was hitting the air and by the teabagging I knew it was exploits.

Now, what other real solution are the developers going to provide other than penalizing people for turning off crossplay?

Comments

  • Personally, I'm yet to face a hacker. Play almost every day, and I'll play for hours on a time. It's possible a teammate was and I didn't notice, but even then I haven't seen anything such.

    Also, I'm fairly certain you can't lagswitch anymore.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633346#Comment_1633346

    There's a lot of blankness in that scenario. Did you see her physically pick herself up, on your screen, unobscured? Did she also have Unbreakable or No Mither? Did any of her teammates have an auto-heal?

    If you lost sight of her for more than 2 seconds it could have been a stealthing teammate, even if you were in the area. Unbreakable/No Mither are just obvious perks to tick off, I only really mention it to cover all bases. And auto-heals, the pink medkit add-on, pick people up if a teammate administers it to a slugged person.

    However, I do not believe that her teammates are liable for anything she does. Even if she was hardcore cheating they might not have known. Cheaters are the ones who break the ToS, everyone else is just there. Additionally, I cannot emphasize how few hackers I have come across, though from talking to other PC players have come across a relatively large number. So often it is just paranoia.

    3 survivors left I already killed one I drove a flashlight Feng out the gate I had a Claudette slugged and I slugged Cheryl right after chasing her away from the gate I head back hook the Claudette cheyal gets up I think ok it's already triggered so no way soulguard would work again (btw I had her slugged in basement first time she used it no survivors went there all wounded and I was in a chase) suddenly it props and she frees the Claudette who then D's me after I secured it and then on perk screen Cheryl only had soulguard no unbreakable nothing just that and I had Demogorgons base perks and something else I think tier one nurses to see healing going on to stop it she had no chance to be picked up and no hex involed

  • I turned off crossplay because of difference in optimization between console and pc. When I had crossplay on the game performance felt way worse - more laggy/fps issues. The little ping bar in the lobby would show as red/yellow with crossplay on but with crossplay off it's always green. My waits were longer with crossplay on, with it off I only wait maybe a minute or two for a lobby. And finally as a solo survivor if I didn't have another ps4 player in my lobby I was being left on first hook until I died (mostly) or hit struggle but my teammates weren't doing anything (totems, gens, healing, chase) for me to be left on the hook - felt like other platforms players saw the globe and decided they didn't want to help players outside their platform.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632445#Comment_1632445

    Hits are still killer-sided/registered despite dedicated servers so a laggy killer will in fact get hits they never deserved.

    The devs are going to switch to server-sided hits for a reason.

    They’re going to do server side hit validation in the event that there is significant lag (most likely 150ms, because in there eyes, up to 150 is an amazing connection)

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632851#Comment_1632851

    It seems the stereotype of all PC players being entitled, toxic and bad players is also true. What a shame.

    Yup :p

  • @KingFrost said:

    I have crossplay on.

    I've run into hacker survivors. Never killer, so far. At least not that I'm aware of.

    As for myself I have seen only 2 since crossplay, a feng ran through walls on Hawkins and then from the 2nd floor all the way to the basement and a bill that was teleporting through coal tower...imo they are out there and not as bad as some may say but for certain members of the forum they don't exist but you can find videos on YouTube if ya look. As far as crossplay, I like the feature, got to play against TheKing, and I enjoy the member steams of my favorite streamer MrGimmsYouTube, it's nice to review your gameplay with more talented people. As far as pc vs. console, it's getting old. There is an advantage but if you don't like it buy a pc, I'm on ps4 and that won't change. I still love the feature

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632799#Comment_1632799

    Would you get more passive aggressive if I told you I'm not even reading your comments and just saying you're right anyways?

    I'm sure you must live a happy life judging by how often you show your passive aggressive nature in a gaming forum.

    Yamaoka, you can't win with this guy, he makes everything personal, and clings onto his points, arguing is futile. Trust me, I had an argument with him earlier.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632826#Comment_1632826

    Dude why do you treat this like an anime. You arent L he isnt Kira relax. Honestly the way you act on here is...weird, funny but very weird.

    Amen, however it isn't funny when you are on the receiving end, it's just annoying.

  • Ever since I turned crossplay on, I have only seen 1 hacker as survivor, who was able to insta heal himself and others all the time, I made sure to disconnect and report them that match though. Crossplay has been a great experience, since I get faster queues and better games :)

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632819#Comment_1632819

    Yamaoka, you can't win with this guy, he makes everything personal, and clings onto his points, arguing is futile. Trust me, I had an argument with him earlier.

    Haha yeah I can tell. Thanks for the warning, though. Will definitely ignore that guy next time.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633249#Comment_1633249

    Amen, however it isn't funny when you are on the receiving end, it's just annoying.

    That's true music nerd have you must have interactive with him before then correct? It is annoying when he does his super smart anime persona.

  • For anyone who has that logic of “oh no I’ll get a pc hacker if I do this” they are stupid think of it like this hackers on pc alone make up the less then 1% it’s already so rare. Now add in crossplay you have like 5 different systems pairing together making that number even less meaning you have almost no chance to run into a hacker on pc.

  • @RizeAki said:

    For anyone who has that logic of “oh no I’ll get a pc hacker if I do this” they are stupid think of it like this hackers on pc alone make up the less then 1% it’s already so rare. Now add in crossplay you have like 5 different systems pairing together making that number even less meaning you have almost no chance to run into a hacker on pc.

    I've had this game for maybe 3 years and I've only run into a hacker like twice. Once was a survivor with permanent sprint burst, a survivor that could DH as much as he wanted with no cd and a nurse that knew where everyone was despite having zero tracking perks.There were several occasions where I "thought" they were hacking but no proof.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I wouldnt mind console players disabling cross play. It feels like every single console killer I run into tunnels people to death.

    console killers tunnel and camp, PC killers tunnel and camp.

    console survivors play immersive, PC survivors play immersive.

    get off your high horse.

  • I turned off crossplay simply because I don't want to be at a disadvantage playing against PC players.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I wouldnt mind console players disabling cross play. It feels like every single console killer I run into tunnels people to death.

    Not the system just the player, there is no difference in toxicty because of the system, everyone can be a arsehole

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Firstly - hackers *are not common* on PC. They exist, but in over 4k hours in DBD, I've seen maybe...5?

    Secondly, lag switching isn't PC exclusive. Plus, the game is on dedicated servers. A lag switch only serves to hinder the person doing it.

    They are pretty common tbh I seem to run into them twice a week

1 2 ›