Addons I Want Changed And How Would Change Them: Pig

Made one for PH, people liked it so I got to work on one for pig. Might do Demo next if people still like it.

I'll be doing this by rarity: Lets start.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 12.26.12 PM.png Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 12.44.13 PM.png

I rarely get use out of them, I feel like these could be better suited.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 12.54.43 PM.png Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 1.04.24 PM.png Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 1.06.25 PM.png

Combined a couple of them into Utility Blades, might actually be slightly better. Razor Wires is now useful and Face Mask is better.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 1.12.48 PM.png Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 1.18.09 PM.png Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 1.24.57 PM.png

Combined a couple more of the status effect ones. Wanted to represent more traps and Rusty attachment didn't have an effect anymore so it worked. Made interlocking Razors better.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 1.45.40 PM.png


The only purple I got a problem with, I think this is better and stays true to her secret.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 1.52.18 PM.png

Last but not least, we have the Iri. This essentially takes control of the game. Might be a little too much.

Comments

  • These are some creative ideas. I also like the concept of incorporating other traps from the Saw series, and an attentive survivor will understand what they have to do when they see each one. Amanda's Secret is a weird one, but I always like seeing ideas for new, creative debuffs that truly hinder and mess with the survivors. My only issue is that with the variety of add-ons that alter her RBTs, I think Pig needs more add-ons that affect her Ambush Dash, as this part of her power is what helps her win chases faster. What you've done here are still good ideas to throw around though, good work.

    I have a post detailing some of my ideas for add-ons changes if anyone wants to read them:

    @Timeman63 said:

    Hey, it's me again with another post. This time around, I want to take a look at one of my favorite killers, Pig. Just a heads up, this post is going to be a long one, because there are some things I want to make clear, namely that I think Pig's power is mostly fine, and that it's primarily her add-ons that need to be updated. I made a post like this for Legion as well; you can check it out here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/188978/legion-add-on-pass-rework-ideas

    So talking about Pig. She's in a weird place right now. Some players say she's bad, some say she's decent, others say she's actually kind of strong. In my opinion, she hovers somewhere between mid-tier and low-tier. There are days where she shines and days where she's just like "welp, guess I just suck". Now why is there such a wide range of opinions about her viability? My theory about this has two parts.

    1) Pig is a rather misunderstood killer and not many people know how she's meant to be played. To provide a personal example, I used to think Clown was not a very good killer at all. That was before I realized that I, much like a lot of players who are new to Clown, was using his power incorrectly. Instead of throwing the Afterpiece Tonic bottles at Survivors like you instinctively would for most projectiles in video games, you throw them in front of where Survivors are running, forcing them to either run through the entire gas cloud and maximizing the slowdown or to run away from the gas cloud and allow Clown to catch up. In a similar way, players often think that Pig is supposed to aim to make her RBTs lethal or that her Ambush Dash isn't very useful at loops. The truth of this is twofold; RBTs are meant to stall the game, not as a source of sacrifices, and her Ambush Dash is actually rather scary at many loops, and is simply a matter of being unpredictable in how you use the dash (although yes, it is often a matter of 50/50 mindgames). In this sense, her power at basekit is actually pretty decent, and the source of frustration for many Pig players is in her lackluster add-ons.

    2) The RBT portion of her power is RNG dependent, which means there will be times where her traps are almost ineffective, but also times where the game comes to a halt because all the Survivors are trying to get their RBT off. There are days where the RNG is simply not on my side, though my experiences have mostly been middle ground. The good news is, even if you put a RBT on a Survivor and they get it off on their first Jigsaw Box search, technically speaking the RBT has still accomplished its intended purpose, which is to lure Survivors away from their objective, allowing Pig to pressure Survivors that don't have RBTs. Since getting RBTs off quickly are a real possibility, you learn as a Pig player that you shouldn't rely on them, and that it's up to you and your other abilities (Stealth and Ambush Dash) to make Survivors feel the pain. By thinking this way, you eventually become better as a Pig player and as a Killer in general. Scorpionz has made guide videos that better illustrate Pig's potential far better than I ever could, so I highly recommend you watch his Youtube guides.

    So let's get to the part of Pig's kit that I feel really needs changing: her add-ons. Like with my Legion post, I'll be giving my proposed changes, along with my thought process and reasoning for changing them.

    Pig Add-on Changes

    Workshop Grease - Decrease the time between the Skill Check warning sound and Jigsaw Box Skill Checks

    This new effect for Workshop Grease is similar to Huntress Lullaby. The current Workshop Grease is almost detrimental to Pig, as more Skill Checks means more opportunities to get Great Skill Checks, further reducing the time spent searching Jigsaw Boxes. This new Workshop Grease will ensure the Jigsaw Box Skill Checks are at least more difficult to hit. Razor Wires will be reworked in a similar way.

    Shattered Syringe - (In addition to the current effect) Increases Crouch movement speed by 10%

    I actually think Shattered Syringe is alright, as it allows for more risky Ambush Dash plays and makes misses less punishing. The addition of Crouch movement speed is so that there is a positive effect even if you somehow never miss an Ambush Dash.

    John's Medical File - No changes

    Combat Straps - No changes

    Video Tape - No changes

    Utility Blades - Healthy Survivors that remove a Reverse Bear Trap become Injured. Injured Survivors that remove a Reverse Bear Trap suffer from the Mangled Status Effect for 60 seconds

    Hemorrhage is simply not a very useful effect, and even if it were, inflicting it on a Survivor with a RBT is counterproductive. These reworked Utility Blades will make Survivors have to deal with being injured for a little while longer after removing their RBT.

    Razor Wires - Jigsaw Box Skill Checks become Difficult Skill Checks

    These reworked Razor Wires make Jigsaw Box Skill Checks the size of a Decisive Strike Skill Check, instead of increasing the chances of a Skill Check, which can often be detrimental.

    Last Will - No changes

    Face Mask - No changes

    Slow-Release Toxin - Hitting Survivors with an Ambush Dash attack applies the Exhausted Status Effect for 15 seconds

    Inflicting debuffs on a Survivor with a RBT is often counterproductive, since you will be prioritizing Survivors that don't have one. As such, many of the add-ons that inflict debuffs upon placing RBTs on Survivors will be reworked in this manner. It also aims to provide more add-ons that give the Ambush Dash more capabilities.

    Rusty Attachments - Hitting Survivors with an Ambush Dash attack applies the Mangled Status Effect for 90 seconds

    Jigsaw's Annotated Plan - No changes

    Interlocking Razor - No changes

    Bag of Gears - No changes

    Tampered Timer - Reverse Bear Traps are now automatically active upon setting them

    This one might be a bit controversial, but in my opinion the current Tampered Timer is very feast or famine, in the sense that a RBT might not activate on a Survivor, effectively making the add-on worthless, but it can also reduce the death timer enough that in combination with add-ons like Crate of Gears, Survivors often don't have enough time to search all the Jigsaw Boxes and may get sacrificed without any chance of escaping, making it potentially unfun to play against. This reworked Tampered Timer keeps the death timer at 2 minutes and 30 seconds, while still retaining the original purpose of the add-on, which is making RBTs more threatening.

    Jigsaw's Sketch - No changes

    Crate of Gears - No changes

    Amanda's Secret - (In addition to the current effects) Putting a Survivor into the Dying State with an Ambush Dash attack reveals the Auras of all Survivors within 32 meters of The Pig for 4 seconds.

    The current Amanda's Secret has a niche purpose in allowing Pig to target a Survivor that has recently removed a RBT, though I feel the effect is not good enough to be a Very Rare add-on. The added effect of revealing nearby survivors after a successful down with an Ambush Dash rewards Pig with information she can then use to snowball.

    Rules Set No. 2 - Renamed to Iridescent Tape. A Survivor starts the Trial with a Reverse Bear Trap. Reverse Bear Trap death timers are reduced by 10 seconds each time a generator is completed

    Some players think Rules Set No. 2 should be basekit, while others say the add-on does more harm than good. Whether the add-on is good or not, I personally don't think the effect is very interesting, nor is the effect itself worthy of being an Ultra Rare add-on. This reimagined Rules Set No. 2, now named Iridescent Tape, creates an immediate threat in the form of a RBT already on a Survivor. In addition to this, RBT death timers are reduced by a few seconds when a generator is completed, either before or after activation. It's probably not enough to make RBT sacrifices happen all the time, but it should be enough of a threat that Survivors will think twice before continuing to work on generators.

    Amanda's Letter - When crouched, Auras of Survivors within 12 meters are revealed to The Pig. After standing up from Crouch, The Pig's TR and Red Stain will remain suppressed for 6 seconds

    I actually think the effect of Amanda's Letter is rather good, but not so good that it warrants such hefty downsides, so I've simply removed them. I've also added another effect inspired by Wraith's add-on "The Ghost - Soot". Having your TR and Red Stain remain suppressed after standing up allows Pig to be stealthier and potentially go for grabs off of generators, or to catch Survivors off guard in general.

    With that, that wraps up all my proposed Pig Add-on changes. Please leave your thoughts and criticisms. Thank you for sticking with me!


  • @Timeman63 said:

    These are some creative ideas. I also like the concept of incorporating other traps from the Saw series, and an attentive survivor will understand what they have to do when they see each one. Amanda's Secret is a weird one, but I always like seeing ideas for new, creative debuffs that truly hinder and mess with the survivors. My only issue is that with the variety of add-ons that alter her RBTs, I think Pig needs more add-ons that affect her Ambush Dash, as this part of her power is what helps her win chases faster. What you've done here are still good ideas to throw around though, good work.

    I have a post detailing some of my ideas for add-ons changes if anyone wants to read them:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/189576/pig-add-on-pass-ideas

    Thanks for your feedback, I did try to incorporate more Ambush Addons, but it got a little hard, theres not much you can really do with it.

  • I sincerely would change all of their add ons that affect the ones with the RBT and make newer ones related with films or videogames.

    I like the idea of shotgun collars but should work as viceversa it work in films.

    I propose:

    Shotgun collar: Once a survivor is finished collars activates. Survivors with a collar cant stay far from other survivor. Being 16m or more distance from a survivor will trigger a timer of 15 secs, If that survivor doesnt find another survivor the trap makes a head pop. Collars just beep when players arent on the 16 radius. Collars timers desactivate while being downed or hooked.

    (Even so everyone got the trap they could go together.)


    Tampered timer reduces timer from both kind of traps.

  • there are some really cool ideas here, I like the addons which the bear traps change into another device of some sort. Yea some of those grey addons definitely need a change. Although Idk about the increased time to search a box addons. Stack that up with tampered timer and it would make getting you’re trap off successfully very hard.

  • Death Mask and Shotgun Collar for those unaware:

    The Death Mask

    saw-ii-death-mask-aka-venus-fly-trap_1_a8215409ebe9456cc73d2133dd983a14.jpg

    The Shotgun Collar

    saw-lynns-shotgun-collar-scary-horror_1_3c0c721c5184d1be74384ae22b16bc2f.jpg


  • Amanda's letter is way too nasty. Especially if you pair it with Tampered Timer. Two gens pop at once, and that's a minute off the timer. I think more of her add-ons should affect stealth and her ambush attack rather than RBT's (which need some help. It really sucks for Killers when survivors get their trap off on their first try. (Which happens way too often). She's way too RNG based which she should NOT be. Especially since she's limited to 4 traps (6 with add-ons) and can't use them after the last gen pops.

  • I feel like one of her add-ons, perhaps ultra rare, should make it so survivors MUST search 2+ boxes in order to get a trap off, so it doesn't come off with the first box and gives the pig more stalling time with her power (reducing RNG for her).

    Probably won't be fun for the survivor, but the pig is pretty bad right now.

  • @OtakuFreak said:

    I feel like one of her add-ons, perhaps ultra rare, should make it so survivors MUST search 2+ boxes in order to get a trap off, so it doesn't come off with the first box and gives the pig more stalling time with her power (reducing RNG for her).

    Probably won't be fun for the survivor, but the pig is pretty bad right now.

    Given my luck with the boxes that would do literally nothing as RNG can force you to search every box as it is anyways.

    What I feel would help her is actually in the suggestion above in the rusty attachments being made base by which forces the survivors to always search 3 boxes to get the trap off.

    It removes the RNG that can result in auto wins or loses:

    For the survivors having the last box having the key for the survivor if 2+ survivors get it effectively is an auto loss for them and vice versa for the killer for if 2+ survivors get it off on the first try effectively means its an auto loss for her.

  • Hope they'll think about this so I can comeback to play her with smile😁.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Amanda's letter is way too nasty. Especially if you pair it with Tampered Timer. Two gens pop at once, and that's a minute off the timer. I think more of her add-ons should affect stealth and her ambush attack rather than RBT's (which need some help. It really sucks for Killers when survivors get their trap off on their first try. (Which happens way too often). She's way too RNG based which she should NOT be. Especially since she's limited to 4 traps (6 with add-ons) and can't use them after the last gen pops.

    She can have 5 not 6.

  • @OtakuFreak said:

    I feel like one of her add-ons, perhaps ultra rare, should make it so survivors MUST search 2+ boxes in order to get a trap off, so it doesn't come off with the first box and gives the pig more stalling time with her power (reducing RNG for her).

    Probably won't be fun for the survivor, but the pig is pretty bad right now.

    That'd be pretty weak for an Ultra Rare.

    I think they should make Tampered Timer an Ultra Rare.

    Tampered Timer increases the time by 30 seconds (instead of decreasing it)

    But then the survivor must search ALL four boxes to find the key.

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632922#Comment_1632922

    That'd be pretty weak for an Ultra Rare.

    I think they should make Tampered Timer an Ultra Rare.

    Tampered Timer increases the time by 30 seconds (instead of decreasing it)

    But then the survivor must search ALL four boxes to find the key.

    The point if it being a TAMPERED TIMER is that it ticks down faster. And is just the timer.


    I'm also not a fan of having the RBT's apply status effects, and while these changes are nice, I still don't like effects like Exhausted or Mangled on the RBT's.

    Shotgun Collars and Death Masks also seem a bit off to me. One note of contention that I have is "What if BOTH add-ons are equipped at the same time?

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633486#Comment_1633486

    The point if it being a TAMPERED TIMER is that it ticks down faster. And is just the timer.

    I'm also not a fan of having the RBT's apply status effects, and while these changes are nice, I still don't like effects like Exhausted or Mangled on the RBT's.

    Shotgun Collars and Death Masks also seem a bit off to me. One note of contention that I have is "What if BOTH add-ons are equipped at the same time?

    Tampered Timer needs changed. It's a bad add-on. Way too swingy, and ridiculous for survivors to deal with IF RNG hits them the wrong way. If you make it instead a Tampered Box, where Survivors have to search 4 boxes (5 with add-ons) but the timer is increased, it'd be a lot less swingy, and wouldn't be designed specifically to get head pops (which as Pig, you don't want. They're not rewarding in any way)

  • ok but hear me out replace rules set with the new amandas letter and keep current amandas letter as it is so fun to use. Besides that i love it but i feel like the face mask has nothing to do with ambushes. Maybe what you made utility blades is what face mask could be and utility blades could make ambush attacks make people injured and give the deep wound timer. If they dont mend in time they will go into the dying state. If they are already injured it will just put them into the dying state like normal though. Anyway ilove nd support this post with all the authority invested in me as a pig main. lol

  • Amanda's letter should be a Purple Add-on and have no downside tbh. Wraith has it as a Purple, and Blight has it as green.

  • @KingFrost said:

    Amanda's letter is way too nasty. Especially if you pair it with Tampered Timer. Two gens pop at once, and that's a minute off the timer. I think more of her add-ons should affect stealth and her ambush attack rather than RBT's (which need some help. It really sucks for Killers when survivors get their trap off on their first try. (Which happens way too often). She's way too RNG based which she should NOT be. Especially since she's limited to 4 traps (6 with add-ons) and can't use them after the last gen pops.

    Tampered timer is 30 seconds...

  • Look at Amanda's letter. Now imagine what it would do it combined with Tampered Timer.

  • @KingFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633636#Comment_1633636

    Look at Amanda's letter. Now imagine what it would do it combined with Tampered Timer.

    Oh ok thanks.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    I approve....

    That means a lot coming from you.