i honestly don't know anymore

I want to keep playing this game but it gets boring nearly every match. You chased a survivor for more than thirty seconds because you are an m1 killer? unlucky now 3 gens are almost done and by the time you down them you are down to 2 gens. It also doesn't help when i have no one to help me improve so every one of my matches are just 4 man escapes. its boring as hell. Why do i need a ######### perk to band aid fix issues in this game. It doesn't even help im using a killer who starts off at 105% meaning if i go to the wrong gen i basically already lost. Literally idk how to ######### do anything and when i have no one to help it makes this game boring. Seriously how do you make a game where you need to dedicate so much time into it just to have a chance. Like i do not have anything to help me at all.

Fellow friends to help- no they are all survivor mains who complain when a killer plays efficiently

Perks- no because i didn't know this game was pay to win because almost all good killer perks are either behind pay wall or you need to spend a ######### ton amount of time trying to get 9k shards

Killers- same reason i gave for perks, only killers that are free (ps4) that i know of who can win without any dlc perks are huntress, and nurse.

I mean all i really want is infectious and corrupt to actually have a chance to use my skill and not a 3 minute game because i chose to play a killer that actually sounded cool. I wasted 30 ######### dollars on this ######### game that i regret massively and could've spent on other things that would positively impact my life.

And the community is so ######### toxic. Like god damn can yall stop ######### bickering at each other like dogs fighting over a bone so we can actually deal with real issues. It seems like this community is 2 children fighting while the devs in the form of parents try to please both sides. Its ridiculous. I might just delete this game because its not fun in its current state.

And survivor is not as tormenting on the mind but its still boring as hell. Especially when you have to deal with ######### teammates just to try to rank up. Its like if you threw an 8 year old in a group of babies and try to actually deal with it. Its nigh impossible.

So the non toxic part of this wonderful community, i ask 3 things

A- ######### am i supposed to do to "pressure" with myers without corrupt

B-why is this community so toxic

C-should i stop playing this game permanently

Comments

  • Ya maybe do a dif killer...that could help and also if ur on ps4 dude its likely not ur fault things arent going well...it is so buggy laggy and stuttery right now that killer is unplayable...i guess waiting for perks in the shrine may be a lil better cause its only 2k shards but you will have to wait and there is no promise you will get what u want....i like guys suggestion of hag...she is fun and easy to pick up but again with the amount of stuttering on console at the moment...all killers are f ing impossible

  • @JLew said:

    Ya maybe do a dif killer...that could help and also if ur on ps4 dude its likely not ur fault things arent going well...it is so buggy laggy and stuttery right now that killer is unplayable...i guess waiting for perks in the shrine may be a lil better cause its only 2k shards but you will have to wait and there is no promise you will get what u want....i like guys suggestion of hag...she is fun and easy to pick up but again with the amount of stuttering on console at the moment...all killers are f ing impossible

    i would do kyf if i had any friends lol because pub killer is super boring for me and i just experienced the worst lag of my life where i got stuck because i tried to open a locker and i was forced to pick someone up to even move

  • DBD PS4 dlc is currently on sale. I think the plague dlc is on sale for like $5. Red ranks are sweaty. You need an ace up your sleeve. Give in to deliciousness.

  • @53nation said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629984#Comment_1629984

    DBD PS4 dlc is currently on sale. I think the plague dlc is on sale for like $5. Red ranks are sweaty. You need an ace up your sleeve. Give in to deliciousness.

    maybe if i get the cash but thanks for the info

  • @ToxicMyers I didn't have Hex: Undying either until I did a grind recently and grabbed it. :) I made it all the way to Rank-4 using the following:

    Hex: Ruin

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    Play With Your Food

    Bitter Murmur

    *I found it better than Barbecue and Chili because Myers is a slow burn and chances are I would see more Gens go up than early game hooks. If I was playing Spooky Myers I would switch out Bitter Murmur for Sloppy Butcher. I didn't need any help finding the Survivors thanks to the wall hack innate.

    The key to this build is Thrill of the Hunt which is underrated on Myers. Usually in the first 15 seconds or less I get an explosion telling me where at least some of the Survivors are when someone touches a Totem. That cuts down the search time problem you are having. If you make a beeline for that location you can often grab them off the Totem or drive them off of it... or if it is a dull one you don't care about Stalk up to Level-2 and then grab or strike. The Thrill of the Hunt is a small protection for your Ruin, but more importantly it becomes another way to find Survivors, particularly on larger maps. Again, I want to stress I only just got Undying, so these builds were able to carry me as long as I leaned into them and played them optimally.

    I'm not going to lie, there is a very narrow margin for error with Myers, but if the game were easy, it wouldn't be any fun.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    @ToxicMyers I didn't have Hex: Undying either until I did a grind recently and grabbed it. :) I made it all the way to Rank-4 using the following:

    Hex: Ruin

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    Play With Your Food

    Bitter Murmur

    *I found it better than Barbecue and Chili because Myers is a slow burn and chances are I would see more Gens go up than early game hooks. If I was playing Spooky Myers I would switch out Bitter Murmur for Sloppy Butcher. I didn't need any help finding the Survivors thanks to the wall hack innate.

    The key to this build is Thrill of the Hunt which is underrated on Myers. Usually in the first 15 seconds or less I get an explosion telling me where at least some of the Survivors are when someone touches a Totem. That cuts down the search time problem you are having. If you make a beeline for that location you can often grab them off the Totem or drive them off of it... or if it is a dull one you don't care about Stalk up to Level-2 and then grab or strike. The Thrill of the Hunt is a small protection for your Ruin, but more importantly it becomes another way to find Survivors, particularly on larger maps. Again, I want to stress I only just got Undying, so these builds were able to carry me as long as I leaned into them and played them optimally.

    I'm not going to lie, there is a very narrow margin for error with Myers, but if the game were easy, it wouldn't be any fun.

    so what build did you use this with spooky or maniac and what are they

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630065#Comment_1630065

    so what build did you use this with spooky or maniac and what are they

    Spooky Myers is my preferred name for Jump Scare Myers. He is built with:

    Scratch Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo.

    Current Common Perks: Hex: Undying, Hex: Ruin, Hex; Thrill of the Hunt, and Sloppy Butcher

    Previous Common Perk Build: Hex: Ruin, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, Play With Your Food, and Sloppy Butcher *Still use this sometimes.

    *You will most likely be putting in a map offering with him, as his optimal Maps are the Meat Plant, Hawkins, Midwich, Lerys, Swamps, and in that order. He CAN be played on the larger maps. I have gotten 3-4K on Cold Wind farms (all but Rotten Fields), about half of the McMillian maps, etc. My goal is to get good enough to play this Build anywhere. It is actually very effective against SWF who are very surprised to run into it in the Purple and Red Ranks. It shuts down a LOT of their abusing of OoO and other info Perks which effectively EVERYONE gets.


    Maniac Myers is my preferred name for any Myers Build that can get to Tier-3

    Because I ONLY play Myers and spend pretty much all of my points in his Blood Web, I end up with a LOT more Rare and Ultra Rare than someone who spreads those points around. If you combine this with the Hand Offering which protects you from losing your selection, it means you can choose to use the Fragrant Tuft of Hair, Tombstone Piece, etc. far more often. That means I play a LOT of Infinite Tier-3 Myers. My most common builds are:

    Fragrant Tuft of Hair + Any Add On that Speeds up Gaining Evil While Stalking (and Hand Offering to protect Tuft)

    Or

    Tombstone Piece + Any Add On that Speeds up Gaining Evil While Stalking (Offering Really is Optional as I have tons of these)

    Or

    Hair Bow + Any Add On that Speeds up Gaining Evil While Stalking (offering whatever floats your boat)

    Current Common Perks: Hex: Undying, Hex: Ruin, Hex; Thrill of the Hunt, and Bitter Murmur (or Barbecue & Chili)

    Previous Common Perk Build: Hex: Ruin, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, Bitter Murmur, Barbecue & Chili

    *The key to Maniac Myers is to use Thrill of the Hunt to still home in on Survivors faster (they usually touch a Totem within 15 seconds and if not certainly in the first minute). Juice up to Tier-2 and drive them off the Totem. Don't get the bad habit of just stalking till you hit Tier-3. Do your best to hit and down them as Tier-2 and Stalk only when efficient. When you are going for Infinite Tier-3 a bad habit I have is to just Stalk and Stalk and not really start hunting till I hit it. This puts you too far behind. Don't do it. If you are Infinite just keep the chase up constantly and pressure them off the Gens and your insta-down WILL wear them down slow but sure. Love the basement if accessible. If not Infinite, maximize that Tier-3, and then repeat.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630073#Comment_1630073

    Spooky Myers is my preferred name for Jump Scare Myers. He is built with:

    Scratch Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo.

    Current Common Perks: Hex: Undying, Hex: Ruin, Hex; Thrill of the Hunt, and Sloppy Butcher

    Previous Common Perk Build: Hex: Ruin, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, Play With Your Food, and Sloppy Butcher *Still use this sometimes.

    *You will most likely be putting in a map offering with him, as his optimal Maps are the Meat Plant, Hawkins, Midwich, Lerys, Swamps, and in that order. He CAN be played on the larger maps. I have gotten 3-4K on Cold Wind farms (all but Rotten Fields), about half of the McMillian maps, etc. My goal is to get good enough to play this Build anywhere. It is actually very effective against SWF who are very surprised to run into it in the Purple and Red Ranks. It shuts down a LOT of their abusing of OoO and other info Perks which effectively EVERYONE gets.

    Maniac Myers is my preferred name for any Myers Build that can get to Tier-3

    Because I ONLY play Myers and spend pretty much all of my points in his Blood Web, I end up with a LOT more Rare and Ultra Rare than someone who spreads those points around. If you combine this with the Hand Offering which protects you from losing your selection, it means you can choose to use the Fragrant Tuft of Hair, Tombstone Piece, etc. far more often. That means I play a LOT of Infinite Tier-3 Myers. My most common builds are:

    Fragrant Tuft of Hair + Any Add On that Speeds up Gaining Evil While Stalking (and Hand Offering to protect Tuft)

    Or

    Tombstone Piece + Any Add On that Speeds up Gaining Evil While Stalking (Offering Really is Optional as I have tons of these)

    Or

    Hair Bow + Any Add On that Speeds up Gaining Evil While Stalking (offering whatever floats your boat)

    Current Common Perks: Hex: Undying, Hex: Ruin, Hex; Thrill of the Hunt, and Bitter Murmur (or Barbecue & Chili)

    Previous Common Perk Build: Hex: Ruin, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, Bitter Murmur, Barbecue & Chili

    *The key to Maniac Myers is to use Thrill of the Hunt to still home in on Survivors faster (they usually touch a Totem within 15 seconds and if not certainly in the first minute). Juice up to Tier-2 and drive them off the Totem. Don't get the bad habit of just stalking till you hit Tier-3. Do your best to hit and down them as Tier-2 and Stalk only when efficient. When you are going for Infinite Tier-3 a bad habit I have is to just Stalk and Stalk and not really start hunting till I hit it. This puts you too far behind. Don't do it. If you are Infinite just keep the chase up constantly and pressure them off the Gens and your insta-down WILL wear them down slow but sure. Love the basement if accessible. If not Infinite, maximize that Tier-3, and then repeat.

    Ok

  • Which add-ons do you use? Myers changes a LOT with his addons, not just the mirror/tombstone stuff. Faster stalk + faster obsession stalk gets you EW3 in like 10 seconds it's stupid. I also realize you don't want to buy/unlock other killers, but you're going to have a less flexible time with it. I like Ruin + PWYF for Myers. Just feeds into that "unstoppable force" feeling that's going to get you eventually.

  • Unfortunately for Myers, he is a killer that needs to set up so having Corrupt Intervention is a requirement in red ranks. Otherwise, you'll just get genrushed. He's also an instadown snowball killer so it's wise to use Infectious.

    I like using BBQ for the extra bloodpoints and M&A for the smaller terror radius so I can sneak up on survivors and get easy stalk. M&A also increases the range of Infectious Fright which is pretty neat as well. You can go for a more aggressive build with Brutal Strength/Bamboozle instead of M&A which I like to do sometimes.

    My favorite addons are the Hair Bow and J Myers Memorial or the Dead Rabbit with Memorial Flower. You can also do fast stalk with J Myers Memorial and Judith's Journal/Memorial Flower.

    That being said, Myers is still a C tier killer. He really has no antiloop and on bigger maps he will suffer if he can't snowball. Maps like Ormond and Haddonfield won't even allow you to get to tier 3 until 2 gens pop, unless you go against potatoes or run fast stalk Myers. Due to the nature of his power, he typically doesn't get many emblems or bloodpoints which kind of sucks.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629749#Comment_1629749

    I have monitor, pop, ruin, bbq, brutal,agitation,distressing, nurses, thana and all the base perks and mikey's teachables

    Nice, then I would say BBQ, Pop, Sloppy and Brutal is a pretty good build to use.

  • @Slickstyles said:

    Unfortunately for Myers, he is a killer that needs to set up so having Corrupt Intervention is a requirement in red ranks. Otherwise, you'll just get genrushed. He's also an instadown snowball killer so it's wise to use Infectious.

    I like using BBQ for the extra bloodpoints and M&A for the smaller terror radius so I can sneak up on survivors and get easy stalk. M&A also increases the range of Infectious Fright which is pretty neat as well. You can go for a more aggressive build with Brutal Strength/Bamboozle instead of M&A which I like to do sometimes.

    My favorite addons are the Hair Bow and J Myers Memorial or the Dead Rabbit with Memorial Flower. You can also do fast stalk with J Myers Memorial and Judith's Journal/Memorial Flower.

    That being said, Myers is still a C tier killer. He really has no antiloop and on bigger maps he will suffer if he can't snowball. Maps like Ormond and Haddonfield won't even allow you to get to tier 3 until 2 gens pop, unless you go against potatoes or run fast stalk Myers. Due to the nature of his power, he typically doesn't get many emblems or bloodpoints which kind of sucks.

    I got to the Red Ranks without Corrupt Intervention. :) Don't get me wrong; that is a useful Perk. I just don't use it. Haddonfield can be fought on as Spooky Myers, but is just frustrating with any other build I've tried so far. I've also gotten a 4K on the Ormond with Spooky Myers (only once so far, but that is promising since it was against Purple Ranks).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "And the community is so [BAD WORD] toxic. Like god damn can yall stop [BAD WORD] bickering at each other like dogs fighting over a bone so we can actually deal with real issues. It seems like this community is 2 children fighting while the devs in the form of parents try to please both sides."

    This post is honestly case in point. Killers are constantly whining about survivors are being OP, survivors are whining about killers camping/tunneling...and also being OP, and then there are some people who play both sides that spend too much time trying to calm everyone down. I really don't think the balance is that bad in the game right now. By far the larger issue is the matchmaking. One match you'll be matched with/against potatoes and the next match it'll be extremely good players. If you were facing players of your skill level I don't think you'd be as frustrated as you are. I also think killer is way more frustrating when you lose a lot than survivor, so it's easy for you to stop having fun depending on your mindset.

    That said I do agree with some of your points. It's a shame that killers like Trapper or Myers that start slowly can have such a hard time unlocking really important perks like CI, for example (although this wouldn't be an issue with a good matchmaking system; your rating with those killers would just be lower until you get the perk).

    My personal feeling is that most of the community isn't toxic, but the minority is loud and visible. If I play 5 games as killer I'll probably run into 2-3 lobbies of people saying gg and being polite or joking around, 1-2 lobbies where I say gg and nobody responds, and 0-1 lobbies where someone's whining about how I played. It's really easy to get caught up on that one guy you couldn't down that left an "gg ez baby killer" in the chat or the one that insulted you because you did your job and killed them, though, and lose sight of all of the people that aren't acting like that. The forum tends to be pretty toxic actually, but that's because a lot of people come here specifically to complain. I don't think this is an accurate reflection of the player base.

    If you have a hard time ignoring these people, I'd recommend you just hide the chat and play however you'd like. If you're losing a lot and that frustrates you too, you could consider playing a stronger killer or just taking a break from killer until they bring MMR live again (assuming it works this time lol). I usually just try to leave a friendly comment in the chat at the end of the game and even the people whining in the chat tend to simmer down after that.

    yeah its just annoying to see both sides complain like god damn

  • well i tried out pop bbq sloppy and brutal but just got an entity displeased 2k FeelsBadMan

  • i might just play nurse for a bit since im decent with her

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    well i tried out pop bbq sloppy and brutal but just got an entity displeased 2k FeelsBadMan

    Change brutal to monitor. It's really good on Myers. And I would also try nurse's calling instead of sloppy or pop.

  • @kaeru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1630643#Comment_1630643

    Change brutal to monitor. It's really good on Myers. And I would also try nurse's calling instead of sloppy or pop.

    ok

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1629061#Comment_1629061

    im on ps4 for one, yeah i was in red ranks but every game was just a race on who could do the most gens the fastest. So i went to purple but they act the same way there. Im down to practice looping and maybe practice some other killers i was wanting to play IE (billy, huntress, nurse etc) but about the break stuff i know damn well it isn't a weak point but i still feel like "god dammit myers, you have failed your bloodline once again"

    Yo, your on ps4. You seem like a cool dude and I would like to play with you sometime

    Anyways for the main topic of this forum post. I'd say take a break. If this game is making you feel bad about yourself than definitely take a break off. I come from personal experience and I gotta tell you that it helps so much to take a break. Especially when the break is from a game you love like dbd.

    Good luck my dude and have a good day :D

1 2 ›