Add D/C Penalities Again

Seriously, yesterday had two people D/C on first down though I ran the killer for 3 gens, and today had 2 people D/C when they saw Huntress had Iri Head

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631240#Comment_1631240

    Question orion, do you think the same of hook suicides?

    That's a case of people misusing a tool. Hook suicides are great if your teammate finds the hatch but doesn't have a key, for example. However, they're not intended to be an alternative to DCing.

  • I like the idea done in another game (I've forgotten which) where cheaters were forced to play with their own kind. Maybe a dc alternative of this would work. Base the game on a karma system.

    If the results screen report feature works, and there were markers in place when someone dc's, then it simply tallies up the karma and creates a separate area. With luck, those waiting times would be much longer, and the games more frustrating.

    I'm uncertain how an afk could be combated, other than other players filing a report with video evidence. But if that's done, then they suffer the same fate.

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631837#Comment_1631837

    God you reach so much it's pathetic dude. Stop trying to draw conclusions cause you're twisting words and that's why I'm stopping this debate. You're pulling things out of your ass to push your narrative and you're constant "company always right, it's da rules, must obey" ass kissing is getting annoying. There are valid reasons people want to or need to disconnect. If the devs made a rule to say Hey no disconnecting, then they should remove the leave match button. The rule IS stupid. That doesn't mean I think the game itself is. You're reaching and the fact people are upvoting your comments just shows how dumb some of this community actually is.

    "Its in the game so it's fair" Do you always just sit there and take it? Like seriously? You ARE allowed to not like things implemented in the game. If people don't complain about how bad things are, devs will never fix them and make the game better. I'm so happy keys and moris are being reworked cause they sucked. But people like you would probably flip ######### at people who complain about that too cause iTs In ThE gAmE.

    The dc penalty as it stands is dumb. It just is. That's not a good or valid way to punish your players. Taking their ability away to play the game is a stupid design and it simply doesn't even work. People don't care. They'll log off or play another game. A COMPANY SHOULDN'T BE ENCOURAGING THAT. That's why it's dumb. You probably know nothing about business but that's a sure way to kill one.

    @BabyDweetMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631957#Comment_1631957

    This is how I know you are missing my point. I'm not saying it's not a rule. I know that. Thanks for repeating everyone else. My issue is that it's a dumb rule and it needs to be changed. They need to get realistic and realize locking people out of playing their game only encourages people to stop playing all together and play other games. Dbd is killing itself but y'all don't care. You can't be bothered to use common sense and open your eyes because iTs ThE rUlEs.

    Strange that league of legends, rocket league, rainbow six siege and multiple other team based PvP games (without a system to restock teamsizes a la battlefield) have a timeout penalty for leaving games and are not dying because of that.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633097#Comment_1633097

    That's also blatantly false. They removed it because hackers were able to increase the DC penalty for certain players.

    Sounds like, in lieu of a penalty, they should simply award everyone affected by d/cs in the game an automatic safety. At that point, people probably wouldn't be as upset over it. Obviously, when a killer disconnects, the match ends. Survivor d/cs, on the other hand, don't end the match, and allow a killer to steamroll over the others, thereby resulting in de-ranks for those unfortunate survivors. A lack of a d/c penalty simply means that the only people punished by a survivor disconnecting mid-match, are that person's teammates. Either the match should end, regardless of who disconnects, or everyone should get a safety. At that point, there's literally no pressure for the match. If you can outperform, you should still get the points, but the safety should be the minimum. And obviously, if multiple survivors disconnect, they don't get any points, so it's not like one person could disconnect, give everyone a safety, and then they could disconnect and maintain that safety.


    It's literally a no-brainer resolution, yet it isn't in effect, unless it's a killer disconnecting. Even then, if they wait long enough to disconnect (just long enough for one of the players to pop a gen or pull someone off a hook), then the players that either didn't finish the gen or get the rescue de-pip anyway. It's almost as if BHVR WANTS people to get upset over this, instead of doing their part to either prevent it, or manage it. If they can't willingly punish people for being poor sports simply because a hacker can ruin streams for their most popular players, then at the very least, they CAN move to ensure that innocent people aren't punished for other's poor sportsmanship.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631424#Comment_1631424

    This isn't correct. The LEAVE MATCH function is there for emergencies - not for when people get downed instantly, or don't want to play against a certain killer or against a certain survivor perk.

    DC'ing is spoiling the game for the other players in the match who do want to play. And I do definitely suggest that if you are unable to play a match, don't even go into a lobby!

    The issue is that, as long as the option is there, unsportsmanlike players will abuse it. If the penalty is creating issues for streamers being hacked and getting the penalty stacked against them, then perhaps, as oppose to a focus on punishing those players with a system that might be abused, you should instead guarantee a safety for all the remaining players in that match. If a killer leaves, the match ends immediately, and survivors are typically awarded enough points to safety (unless they lost points prior), but if a survivor leaves, the rest are left carrying the bag, and are at an immediate disadvantage. They get punished for the choices of their fellow survivor, and that really isn't fair, especially if the penalty keeps getting removed for whatever reason. If someone is reported for frequent disconnects, then yeah, maybe that should be looked into, and perhaps they should be punished appropriately (like a temp game ban), but for the immediate future, focus on not punishing the innocent.

  • The amount of DC's is getting insufferable. I almost think I'd they aren't going to fix it they should extend the rift by a week or something. I have so many games get ruined where challenges become near impossible to complete because of DC's every other game.

    I can't help but feel that once we get closer to the end my only solution will be to join in on the DC fiesta to maximize my time. I just want people to so having 0 repercussions for abandoning a game that doesn't start flawlessly for them.

  • It sucks when people d/c as a survivor or a killer it sucks but the developers will never punish for that.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632751#Comment_1632751

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632759#Comment_1632759

    Strange that league of legends, rocket league, rainbow six siege and multiple other team based PvP games (without a system to restock teamsizes a la battlefield) have a timeout penalty for leaving games and are not dying because of that.

    Yeah but those games also don't have hundreds of bugs that don't get fixed and constant balance issues that never get looked into.

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633159#Comment_1633159

    Yeah but those games also don't have hundreds of bugs that don't get fixed and constant balance issues that never get looked into.

    And game braking bugs like being stuck ARE a reason to dc. Not balance issues, since most people start trials, despite knowing them, expecting to get to play with a full team and it sucks in dbd as much as the other mentioned games when people DC.

    And I would even go as far as support the idea of seperate queues for people that are willing to dc for just not having "fun" and not minding other people DC, so they can leave each other.

  • @Mekochi said:

    Seriously, yesterday had two people D/C on first down though I ran the killer for 3 gens, and today had 2 people D/C when they saw Huntress had Iri Head

    I had someone DC today and it cost me iridescent devout. I'm saying this as a survivor main too they need to add a mechanic in the game if a DC happens you get all the points you would have gotten for that 1 survivor and 3 hook states and a sacrifice and on the survivor side if someone DC's before the first gen is popped, take 1 gen off like they did when you used to get 3 man lobbies

  • @mike1288mccarthy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192735/add-d-c-penalities-again

    I had someone DC today and it cost me iridescent devout. I'm saying this as a survivor main too they need to add a mechanic in the game if a DC happens you get all the points you would have gotten for that 1 survivor and 3 hook states and a sacrifice and on the survivor side if someone DC's before the first gen is popped, take 1 gen off like they did when you used to get 3 man lobbies

    Thanks for contributing your story. I hope they add a better protection to prevent hackers from giving false penalties. Also hopefully put people that D/C with others that do it.

    I've seen countless YouTubers/streamers disconnect, just because they could.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631058#Comment_1631058

    it is not the dumbest rule ever. on the 17th I had three disconnects for NO REASON! they didn't like being downed or something I don't know what. they were crossplay from my steam. they didn't really see it as a problem till mid 2019 and late 2019 when it really became rampant where people would dc at the drop of a hat. and if people are dcing, do you think that -75% blood points is going to do anything, since if you DC you loose ALL YOUR BLOOD POINTS, do you think a negative to blood points would matter to these people that are constantly dc'ing? heck in 2019 i knew a STREAMER that was broadcasting litterally 10 times in ONE NIGHT with flimsy excuses to just dc. Honestly if you don't like the map, or killer, or something else you're LOOKING for an EASY game so go play Hello Kitty or something else stop RUINING other people's games and fun.

    1) killer can not hold you hostage unless they body block you into a corner while the rest of the team finishes the gens, opens the doors and starts EGC.

    2) if the killer slugs, there is no hostage of the game why? you will die in 4 minutes. MAX.

    3) YOU ARE NOT FORCED TO CONTINUE A GAME. if you don't like something you can get hooked, try to escape 3 times and not struggle bingo, you're out, no penalty, no report, no nothing because you used in match functions.

    4) other games have dc penalties because it ruins the experience of other players. Behavior thought that players would actually READ the rules and policies before playing and understand they could at anytime be held accountable for transgressions, and this is the only thing Behavior is guilty of in this.

    DID YOU read the EULA? DID YOU READ the rules? I DID.... maybe not right away but I did review them because I don't take too many chances. IF YOU are not having fun, go else where and stop trying to enforce your specific rules on people that don't know you what so ever. If you're in a "custom match" you can set what ever extra rules you want.

    The original argument he was making was that the dc penalty is dumb because it is a rule that makes ppl not want to play the game and you're arguing with the sentiment, "if you don't like it, play something else". ...Really?

    I can attest to the original argument as I used to play this game heavily. Like everyday i was on for hours and the DC penalties have cause me to leave. Now I play maybe one match a every two months, if that.

    The DC penalty forces me to get bullied by salty slugging/ greedy 4k killers or toxic teabagging swfs. I wanna spend my free time having fun... not crawling on the ground doing literally nothing or getting BM (usually both). Sorry but I'm turning that off and playing Overwatch or Fallout 76. I'm not gonna participate in a game that rewards game hostage bully bs and punishes leaving a toxic situation.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    Also, remove the ability to suicide on hook.

    should have it where you dont click anything n u stay they just dont think

  • ok if ur mad about a killer using insta down stuff ect i think its ok to dc sorry my opinion plus i dc in a match because i looped the kiler for 8 mins in tht time 1 gen was done n zarina n meg ran around clueless so i only dc if they do nothing isnt ruining it if it was already ruined

  • @heartstone_malone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631135#Comment_1631135

    The original argument he was making was that the dc penalty is dumb because it is a rule that makes ppl not want to play the game and you're arguing with the sentiment, "if you don't like it, play something else". ...Really?

    I can attest to the original argument as I used to play this game heavily. Like everyday i was on for hours and the DC penalties have cause me to leave. Now I play maybe one match a every two months, if that.

    The DC penalty forces me to get bullied by salty slugging/ greedy 4k killers or toxic teabagging swfs. I wanna spend my free time having fun... not crawling on the ground doing literally nothing or getting BM (usually both). Sorry but I'm turning that off and playing Overwatch or Fallout 76. I'm not gonna participate in a game that rewards game hostage bully bs and punishes leaving a toxic situation.

    1) no one is saying you CAN NOT disconnect, just you have to accept that there is a consequence to your disconnect.

    2) the rule has been there long before the penalty, so that means you didn't give a damn about the rules in the first place.

    3) I am glad that you have decided to move on to something that better suits your disregard for the rules of the game as done by the Developers of this game.

    4) you are welcome to think what you will but I have never been BULLIED by anyone, even when slugged. sure it's not exciting game play but the amount of people I've actually seen do this can easily be counted even as streamers.

    Rules, apparently you feel the rules do not apply to you. speeding gives you a penalty if you are caught by the police. not wearing your uniform to work gives you a penalty if you are required to wear some sort of uniform. If you ran your own company I bet you'd penalize those that break your company rules. If you do not like a rule AND by inference the penalty for breaking said rule, perhaps you should evaluate if that game is for you to play or not.

    If you disconnect just accept the penalty or stop playing, there is no reason to complain about something so simple as "do not leave the match by any means other than being killed or exiting through a gate or hatch". if you get slugged fine you get slugged, after 4 minutes, you are dead. move on from that match to another. if you're being slugged perhaps there is a reason for that and you may be the reason (not not that i am saying you ARE as I know there are jerks out there but hell there are jerks all over the place and people disconnecting becuase they were downed first, found first, it's the killer they don't like, they think someone is cheating or any other silly little reason, beyond that you have a game breaking bug or something has happened and you needed to get out of there immediately (you had a panic attack or something), there is no reason for it. would you walk off the soccer or football field because you know you are facing someone that MIGHT have cheated? or is known for rough game play? and still expect to have a job after that and do you think those reasons would be accepted? doubtful.

  • @AnotherJacob said:

    If I didn't DC at first look at the Huntress, be sure that I will when I notice your Iridescent Head. Sorry not sorry. Even with penalties.

    Yea me too. A no skill ability is all it is.

  • @AnotherJacob said:

    If I didn't DC at first look at the Huntress, be sure that I will when I notice your Iridescent Head. Sorry not sorry. Even with penalties.

    Players like you deserve to be banned permanently if you're going to disconnect whenever you identity which killer it is you're playing against. As you said, sorry not sorry you deserve to pay for ruining other people's matches.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1633116#Comment_1633116

    Sounds like, in lieu of a penalty, they should simply award everyone affected by d/cs in the game an automatic safety. At that point, people probably wouldn't be as upset over it. Obviously, when a killer disconnects, the match ends. Survivor d/cs, on the other hand, don't end the match, and allow a killer to steamroll over the others, thereby resulting in de-ranks for those unfortunate survivors. A lack of a d/c penalty simply means that the only people punished by a survivor disconnecting mid-match, are that person's teammates. Either the match should end, regardless of who disconnects, or everyone should get a safety. At that point, there's literally no pressure for the match. If you can outperform, you should still get the points, but the safety should be the minimum. And obviously, if multiple survivors disconnect, they don't get any points, so it's not like one person could disconnect, give everyone a safety, and then they could disconnect and maintain that safety.

    It's literally a no-brainer resolution, yet it isn't in effect, unless it's a killer disconnecting. Even then, if they wait long enough to disconnect (just long enough for one of the players to pop a gen or pull someone off a hook), then the players that either didn't finish the gen or get the rescue de-pip anyway. It's almost as if BHVR WANTS people to get upset over this, instead of doing their part to either prevent it, or manage it. If they can't willingly punish people for being poor sports simply because a hacker can ruin streams for their most popular players, then at the very least, they CAN move to ensure that innocent people aren't punished for other's poor sportsmanship.

    Well, being that it's actually possible for a team of 3 (I've even seen a team of 2 do it if one of them is a decent looper and the other does gens) to still win a game, I'd say no to that. Maybe you're not good enough, but people are, and maybe you should learn to get that good.

    @AshleyWB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1628817#Comment_1628817

    Players like you deserve to be banned permanently if you're going to disconnect whenever you identity which killer it is you're playing against. As you said, sorry not sorry you deserve to pay for ruining other people's matches.

    Imagine thinking people should be banned permanently for leaving a game prematurely lol. Besides, even Huntress mains fully acknowledge her hitboxes are absolutely broken right now. So usually, I don't blame someone for just dipping. I don't dip, but I totally get it.

  • Ok and no one said that anyone said you can't disconnect. The argument is, once again, that it is a dumb rule that is not healthy for the game. It causes people to stop playing and then the player base dwindles. Then whose forums will you scream nonsense at ppl on? Like why are you so hostile about an opinion? I obey the rules, i never cheat, hack, only DC when glitched or being trolled, hell I don't even BM. I would get slugged and BMed by killers just for frustrating them with long chases. So I do well and get punished by the killer AND now the devs for a DC? Absolutely not. So yea i did move on to a more fair and fun experience and for all you know, enough ppl have done the same to cause them to remove it. I don't understand what you don't understand about what we're saying. I'm not condoning DCs I'm just saying that the penalty is the wrong way to address it. It feels bad when your options are get trolled for 4 minutes or get banned for 5 or more and just because it NeVeR HaPpEnS to you doesn't invalidate the experience of others. In my 1500+ hours of this game, I have seen a lot of toxicity so you're either lying or willfully ignorant.

  • @heartstone_malone said:

    Ok and no one said that anyone said you can't disconnect. The argument is, once again, that it is a dumb rule that is not healthy for the game. It causes people to stop playing and then the player base dwindles. Then whose forums will you scream nonsense at ppl on? Like why are you so hostile about an opinion? I obey the rules, i never cheat, hack, only DC when glitched or being trolled, hell I don't even BM. I would get slugged and BMed by killers just for frustrating them with long chases. So I do well and get punished by the killer AND now the devs for a DC? Absolutely not. So yea i did move on to a more fair and fun experience and for all you know, enough ppl have done the same to cause them to remove it. I don't understand what you don't understand about what we're saying. I'm not condoning DCs I'm just saying that the penalty is the wrong way to address it. It feels bad when your options are get trolled for 4 minutes or get banned for 5 or more and just because it NeVeR HaPpEnS to you doesn't invalidate the experience of others. In my 1500+ hours of this game, I have seen a lot of toxicity so you're either lying or willfully ignorant.

    Pretty much every single multiplayer game where you queue up to get matches has a DC penalty, yet somehow they all manage to have active player bases, in spite of said penalty. Hell, I'd go so far as to say they have an active player base because of the DC penalty, since nobody wants to queue up only to have the game immediately lost by someone who disconnects when their opponent sneezes too hard.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1631447#Comment_1631447

    if this isn't a troll response than the poster is missing a chromosome or two as well as anyone who seriously can't see how something that discourages players from disconnecting is GOOD for the game. Even if they suicide on hook it still wastes the killers time getting them to the hook and as proven when DC penalty's were introduced it still reduces dc'ing and players who dc usually do it in the heat of the moment and its more likely that they will stay in the game even when given the option to kill themselves after having a moment to chill out.

    You DC and screw your team you should also screw yourself out of matches for some time because YOU ruined other players experience with the game by basically giving the killer a kill, quicker.

    if anyone see's this and disagrees let me ask you a question. Do you play rainbow or any other competitive game? do you hate it when your teammate leaves the match and it resulted in you losing? if so how does it make any sense that that player doesn't receive a penalty for ruining other players experiences and why shouldn't dbd take the same policy when 1 dead survivor early game against a good killer vanquishes the chance of the others escaping in any way other than the hatch.

    As for the question about other games, I get the point but there’s a big difference. As someone who DCs a fair bit, not a single reason I dc in dbd applies to any competitive game, when people dc in other games I do get annoyed, but when people dc in dbd I don’t blame them, because there are so many badly designed maps and a few killers/addons in this game that I couldn’t blame someone from dcing this #########. People play the game for fun, right? If there is no fun to be had, I’m gonna go next, the devs can work on eliminating DCs by fixing the things that make people dc, stop stacking of slowdown perks, design better killers who aren’t dogshit to go vs, fix dumb addons, and fix the horrible maps. I just personally can’t get mad at someone for dcing vs ######### like spirit, iri head, haddonfield - I just don’t see why you wouldn’t unless you’re some sort of masochist

  • I've had a few games now where I was the killer and the last player would leave the match as soon as I close the hatch or if they know they can't get away from me, very annoying.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632751#Comment_1632751

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1632759#Comment_1632759

    Strange that league of legends, rocket league, rainbow six siege and multiple other team based PvP games (without a system to restock teamsizes a la battlefield) have a timeout penalty for leaving games and are not dying because of that.

    Csgo.

1 2 3 4 ›