"Kill your obsession 10 times by any means"

Killer main here, just realized how some of the Tome challenges can cultivate a bit of a...unfun play style for set periods of time while people try to complete the various challenges. Curious to see what other people think. Please try to be respectful to each other in the comments :)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Sorry for bumping this discussion, but since I only started that particular challenge today, I wanted to share my experience.

    Maybe I'm trying to go through it too quickly, but so far my tactics have been 1: equip Rancor and snipe the obsession at the end or 2: tunnel the obsession while using Nemesis, tunnel someone else when they become the obsession.

    Neither method is very fun, I feel terrible for doing it. And I'm positive the survivor in that situation has even less fun that round.

    Honestly, challenges that aren't master ones and are big arbitrary numbers should be passive if they're like this so frequently.

  • I want to get the challenges done in a reasonable amount of time with the limited time I have. If you need me to break it down more for you, let me know :)

  • @GreyBigfoot said:

    Sorry for bumping this discussion, but since I only started that particular challenge today, I wanted to share my experience.

    Maybe I'm trying to go through it too quickly, but so far my tactics have been 1: equip Rancor and snipe the obsession at the end or 2: tunnel the obsession while using Nemesis, tunnel someone else when they become the obsession.

    Neither method is very fun, I feel terrible for doing it. And I'm positive the survivor in that situation has even less fun that round.

    Honestly, challenges that aren't master ones and are big arbitrary numbers should be passive if they're like this so frequently.

    I agree buddy. I used rancor and didn't even bother trying to get to the last gen being popped, I just used rancor as an obsession perk and absolutely tunneled and murdered the obsession. It's a scummy challenge and the devs should think harder about some of the Tome challenges they include.

  • This challenge is terrible and needs to never return. There’s just too many Survivors that are purposefully trying to deny your challenge when they realize what’s happening. Every Survivor I see tries to pre-drop every pallet they can, avoid them as much as possible, and they will refuse to drop them even if I tell them they can. They’re not refusing to farm because their actions show that they know exactly what they’re doing. I’ve had Survivors who would rather die than stun me while they’re the last one left.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    This challenge is terrible and needs to never return. There’s just too many Survivors that are purposefully trying to deny your challenge when they realize what’s happening. Every Survivor I see tries to pre-drop every pallet they can, avoid them as much as possible, and they will refuse to drop them even if I tell them they can. They’re not refusing to farm because their actions show that they know exactly what they’re doing. I’ve had Survivors who would rather die than stun me while they’re the last one left.

    Because I believe in their eyes, they have the ability to deny you something that you want. Those people are spiteful And unhappy with themselves so they have to try and ruin other people's time as well.

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    Killer main here, just realized how some of the Tome challenges can cultivate a bit of a...unfun play style for set periods of time while people try to complete the various challenges. Curious to see what other people think. Please try to be respectful to each other in the comments :)

    Not sure what you mean. I ran nemesis, had it done in a coupke of games

  • This challenge is pretty upsetting for me too, I'm a good manners killer, but I will use mori's and tunnel a lot just to do that challenge.

  • @Heartbound said:

    Rancor Roulette is how I did it.

    Nemesis/Furtive Chase/Deathbound/Rancor

    Survivor approved, Entity hates it!

    Wouldn't bring furtive bc tokens are lost upon obsession death.

  • You think that challenge is toxic? Wait for the devour hope one...

  • I just cloak camped as Wraith and hard tunneled, PWYF Nemesis aswell, since he has the DS bug, took me like 4 games

  • @sulaiman said:

    You think that challenge is toxic? Wait for the devour hope one...

    Myers/Ghostface + Cypress Mori/Ivory Mori/Rancor

    Worst Case you kept a Survivor off a Generator for 14 seconds with Devour Hope.

  • I am actually trying it with hag and myc and a mori.

  • I don't understand the problems with the challenges.

    No Challenge forces you to play mean. I was using my killers with green moris in the inventory and a random obsession perk (mostly Dark Devotion). After hooking another Survivor I moried the obsession.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192528/kill-your-obsession-10-times-by-any-means

    Not sure what you mean. I ran nemesis, had it done in a coupke of games

    You got lucky with your Survivors then. It would have taken you longer if you gotten Survivors that know you want your challenge and try to deny you of any progress at all costs.

    @sulaiman said:

    You think that challenge is toxic? Wait for the devour hope one...

    That one’s not that bad because you just need to run the perk. You can run infinite tier 3 Myers with Ebony Mori to help complete it without relying on totem RNG and as backups in case you mess up during your first tier 3 or a Survivor DCs during a Mori.

  • Leatherface and don't let it off the hook. Funny thing was one person I caught and face camped then tunneled and moried, said he was going to report me for camping. then when I laughed he claimed his brother made the game and that I should take him seriously.......

  • I have a funnier personal obsession, i.e. kill anyone dressed like an elf by any means possible as many times as possible. I call them Bo-Jangles and they all must die!

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639541#Comment_1639541

    You got lucky with your Survivors then. It would have taken you longer if you gotten Survivors that know you want your challenge and try to deny you of any progress at all costs.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639604#Comment_1639604

    That one’s not that bad because you just need to run the perk. You can run infinite tier 3 Myers with Ebony Mori to help complete it without relying on totem RNG and as backups in case you mess up during your first tier 3 or a Survivor DCs during a Mori.

    Earlier today I was working on the one where you have to leave after other survivors. Killer quit, i got 3 stacks for it. THAT was luck. Killing multiple obessions in a game to finish it faster isnt.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/192528/kill-your-obsession-10-times-by-any-means

    Not sure what you mean. I ran nemesis, had it done in a coupke of games

    You misunderstand my post I think.

  • @Bloodwidow said:

    I don't understand the problems with the challenges.

    No Challenge forces you to play mean. I was using my killers with green moris in the inventory and a random obsession perk (mostly Dark Devotion). After hooking another Survivor I moried the obsession.

    I meant it more promotes a scummy playstyle, not to say everyone will switch up their tactics, but I believe a large number of killers probably did in order to get through certain challenges.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    I have a funnier personal obsession, i.e. kill anyone dressed like an elf by any means possible as many times as possible. I call them Bo-Jangles and they all must die!

    I like that challenge. I'm gonna do it too!

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639703#Comment_1639703

    Earlier today I was working on the one where you have to leave after other survivors. Killer quit, i got 3 stacks for it. THAT was luck. Killing multiple obessions in a game to finish it faster isnt.

    You need luck to kill multiple Obsessions. Survivors can and will avoid stunning you to mess with your challenge even if it means their death. I had bad luck because all but one Survivor team I went up against played that like that. You had good luck because your Survivors weren’t like that.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640068#Comment_1640068

    You need luck to kill multiple Obsessions. Survivors can and will avoid stunning you to mess with your challenge even if it means their death. I had bad luck because all but one Survivor team I went up against played that like that. You had good luck because your Survivors weren’t like that.

    Then i get lucky a lot

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1639652#Comment_1639652

    I meant it more promotes a scummy playstyle, not to say everyone will switch up their tactics, but I believe a large number of killers probably did in order to get through certain challenges.

    What would you do better? I think it's hard to find challenges they can't be done in a toxic way.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I ran into a Wraith today who was AFK all match. He came alive when we popped the last gen and insta downed and mori'ed the obsession with Rancor. I messaged him afterward and asked why, and he said its how he is doing the kill the obsession 10 times challenge.

    This is bad for the obsession but kinda funny. 😄 It's better than tunneling the survivor off the hook.

  • Just hook everyone, have an ebony and Nemesis, it's 4k of obsession easy

  • @Bloodwidow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640153#Comment_1640153

    What would you do better? I think it's hard to find challenges they can't be done in a toxic way.

    Never said I had a solution, I simply stated that some challenges can encourage and promote a scummy or unfun playstyle.

  • @Kira15233 said:

    Just hook everyone, have an ebony and Nemesis, it's 4k of obsession easy

    You say that now. Wait until you get Survivors that absolutely refuse to drop pallets on you.

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642816#Comment_1642816

    Never said I had a solution, I simply stated that some challenges can encourage and promote a scummy or unfun playstyle.

    I know that you didn't said that but maybe you had something in your mind, sorry. We need more disturbing crows challenges! 😄

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    Killer main here, just realized how some of the Tome challenges can cultivate a bit of a...unfun play style for set periods of time while people try to complete the various challenges. Curious to see what other people think. Please try to be respectful to each other in the comments :)

    Funny you mention that one.... had to contend with that one today too...


    Nope.png


    I went the Scenic route.

  • I had the same Leatherface do this twice. Did it to one of my teammates, I told him he's doing it in an unfun way, then the next time we ran into each other he specifically went for me while using Nemesis to make me the obsession and face camped me. He said "tell the devs not to make a challenge to kill 10 obsessions". I guess he wouldn't mind someone doing that to him...

  • @Bloodwidow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643448#Comment_1643448

    I know that you didn't said that but maybe you had something in your mind, sorry. We need more disturbing crows challenges! 😄

    Haha you're absolutely right xD just run around the map scaring crows, I would absolutely be down for that!

  • You did the right thing taking the scenic route lol killing the obsession 10 times is a chore and I felt bad :P

1 2 ›