4 gens in two minutes...

I keep putting off playing killer because its been non stop gen rushing at red rank but today l decided on playing and two games in l got gen rushed into oblivion. l downed a guy within the first minute of the game and than 10 seconds later l immediately find another guy, chase for 30 seconds and down him and l'm already at 1 gen left and forced to slug and camp after having a decent start to the game. They had two tool boxes and two prove thyself's... that's all they had and they got 4 gens in two minutes. l just want games to last longer and not have to slug and camp two minutes into the match because that's not fun for them or me.

Comments

  • @waffles4all said:

    I keep putting off playing killer because its been non stop gen rushing at red rank but today l decided on playing and two games in l got gen rushed into oblivion. l downed a guy within the first minute of the game and than 10 seconds later l immediately find another guy, chase for 30 seconds and down him and l'm already at 1 gen left and forced to slug and camp after having a decent start to the game. They had two tool boxes and two prove thyself's... that's all they had and they got 4 gens in two minutes. l just want games to last longer and not have to slug and camp two minutes into the match because that's not fun for them or me.

    Assuming you're saying 4 gens popped, and the timer starts at the beginning of the match, I have to say that's literally impossible; since gens take 80 seconds to complete, and 44 (without Prove Thyself) with 2 survivors

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618243#Comment_1618243

    corrupt, early downs, slugging.

    the only time i would say its completely impossible to stop an early game genrush is strong tiles you can chain together

    Slugging doesn't work if they are gen rushing, only if they aren't. Corrupt helps them by ensuring no team member makes a mistake and does the far gens. Early downs is... There's so much to unpack with how unreasonable that is.

    There's a difference between an average team, and a genrushing team. All of that works against average teams. None of it works against genrusher deathsquads.

  • @Mtom912 said:

    Without video proof, there is no way of knowing whether you're exaggerating how fast gens went, which is something people here love doing

    Same can be said about being tunneled when actuality it's a basic chase.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    With no video proof, all survivors spawning at different generators and a killer who is obviously afk. No 4 gens popping in two minutes.

    You dont play killer much do you?

  • Yea you at least need either pop or corrupt to stand a chance against most swf in red ranks

  • The whole point of playing survivors is to repair the gens. I main killer and I know that. There is no "gen rushing" it's literally their objective.

  • @waffles4all said:

    I keep putting off playing killer because its been non stop gen rushing at red rank but today l decided on playing and two games in l got gen rushed into oblivion. l downed a guy within the first minute of the game and than 10 seconds later l immediately find another guy, chase for 30 seconds and down him and l'm already at 1 gen left and forced to slug and camp after having a decent start to the game. They had two tool boxes and two prove thyself's... that's all they had and they got 4 gens in two minutes. l just want games to last longer and not have to slug and camp two minutes into the match because that's not fun for them or me.

    I have likely played much less killer than you have, but I feel like it's necessary for me to say this nonetheless.

    If you find things like this happening, you should consider switching things around with either your play style or the killers you play.

    I firstly started playing mostly with trapper because he seemed the easiest out of all the starter killers. (I still cannot manage Hillbilly Charge and Nurse Blink.) I've often found that two gens are done simply done in the course of a minute because I've been focusing on the wrong thing or because of my character's weaknesses.

    Now here's where the fun comes in.

    I got Legion. My friends often complain that he is too strong because they can't handle his frenzy but the community clearly says otherwise. I found that playing him with Unrelenting, Discordance, Sloppy Butcher and that one other perk I forgot, It might as well be anything.

    I always said I didn't know enjoy killer. Untill I played Legion. You may have fallen into a phase where you simply need to switch this around and try others.

    I've personally been looking at the Blight and recommend you try him. I'm also looking to play a little more Huntress ( the axe swing is so satisfying oml)

    Anyhoo I know I ramble but don't leave. Just try to switch things around.

    Maybe play surv and ask killers that absolutely ruin you for some tips against gen rushers.

    Good luck and take care!

  • @Creepa99 said:

    The whole point of playing survivors is to repair the gens. I main killer and I know that. There is no "gen rushing" it's literally their f*cling objective.

    Tell me, do you think tunneling exists?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    With no video proof, all survivors spawning at different generators and a killer who is obviously afk. No 4 gens popping in two minutes.

    this does happen though, same thing happened to me just recently except it was 3 in 2 minutes, I have a video of it on my youtube if you'd like

  • @waffles4all said:

    I keep putting off playing killer because its been non stop gen rushing at red rank but today l decided on playing and two games in l got gen rushed into oblivion. l downed a guy within the first minute of the game and than 10 seconds later l immediately find another guy, chase for 30 seconds and down him and l'm already at 1 gen left and forced to slug and camp after having a decent start to the game. They had two tool boxes and two prove thyself's... that's all they had and they got 4 gens in two minutes. l just want games to last longer and not have to slug and camp two minutes into the match because that's not fun for them or me.

    Pretty much the same thing happened to me yesterday. It sucks when it happens.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    With no video proof, all survivors spawning at different generators and a killer who is obviously afk. No 4 gens popping in two minutes.

    No 4 gens popping in two minutes? You seriously don't believe him? You've never had a game where you find the first survivor, they're an absolute god at looping, and then 3 gens pop, each within 5 seconds of each other? Then you leave him try to find someone else but they're all steal thing so you leave a gen, find another survivor, down him, and the last two gens pop?

  • @waffles4all said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618185#Comment_1618185

    I play michael so l already have a slow start at the beginning, l stalk the first guy down him and immediately down someone else. what am l supposed to do down someone every 20 secounds????

    2 survivors on a gen magically reduces it from 80 to 45 seconds so yeah.. 10-20 seconds max per chase, hook and finding the next survivor.

    It is disgusting that the first comment is saying that 30 seconds is to much time to down someone when it literally takes 20 seconds just to catch up after hitting someone and easily 20 seconds to catch up if survivors run early from gens.

  • these days we HAVE to 3 gen. find your gens and keep em safe. venture out for a bit if you know it's safe but don't stay gone for very long. Camp em and abuse em if you must. You'll be gg ez trash no matter what. earn the title.

  • I'm not playing killer because of the game breaking can't hook bug.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    I was going to make a joke post about the garbage responses this kind of thread normally gets, then thought better of it and deleted it all.

    That said, Gens will fly if you aren't visiting them enough. If a Survivor is running you around mid for 30+ seconds, it's because they are stalling you while everyone else works on Gens. It sucks. As a Killer, you are "supposed" to chase and hit them, but they know that. They will present you with the Survivor that is confident in their ability to run you while Gens get done.

    As such, my mindset for this game has completely changed when playing Killer.

    First off, you aren't a BIG BAD Killer trapped with four Survivors running for their lives. You are an armed victim trapped with four intruders trying to break your home. YOU'RE the one on the defensive, not them. They are there to attack your stuff, and you are there to defend your stuff. If one of them is running you around for more than 10 seconds, you need to go look at your stuff because it means the other intruders are tinkering with it. The rats are after your cheese. Chase long enough to hit them off a Gen, or get them running from the Gen they clearly want to work on (most Survivors become fixated on the Gen they fingered, and won't often go look for the one they haven't touched yet). Patrol them, chase when/where you can. and only really commit if they run deeper into your defense zone. If they run you to the other side of the map, you got played and will lose a Gen. They are greedy, unforgiving cannibals that will sacrifice a rat to a hook so the rest and gorge themselves on your cheese. After that, it becomes mind games, game sense, and mechanical skill.

    If Gens took a bit longer, or changes were made so Killers felt like more of a threat, it would be a different game. Maybe better, maybe worse. A whole new meta would pop up. Until then, you're a terrified home-maker with a knife, and those intruders are trying to break your stuff.

    Thank you, I have been looking for a way to phrase it and thats perfect,

  • @Customapple0 said:

    If you let 4 gens go off in 2 minutes then you really should look at your play style, you sure you wasn’t afk?

    To me, it shouldn't even be possible. Afk or not.

1 2 ›