What killer should be buffed/nerfd and why
I think doctor needs a nerf hes a tad to well "insert pun here" im just "insert pun here" that the devs havent nerfd him yet.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Don't forget that awake survivor can heal downed ones with no chance to pick the victim up.
And awake survivor can bodyshield sleeping targets.
He can't really defend totem, hooks, gates.
And btw, he is the same speed in the dream world than any other killer, where does that myth come from that he is faster??
his walk animation make him seem fast af. that's just me being stupid.
"Buffs: every killer except Billy needs a buff."
the nurse absolutely does not need to be buffed.
"If killers would feel powerful, and not be under constant time pressure"
I disagree - If killers weren't constrained by time they'd just mess about and still do well for kills, or they'd face camp and still do well (which no one really wants because it just isn't fun at all).
"they would camp less"
Also, I'm sorry but nothing will stop camping - some killers are just awful, or try to ruin peoples games, and will face camp, camp, and tunnel regardless of how little points it earns them.
no killer should be nerfed.
There are too many buffs to list for each killer but as a conversation starter, freddy should have 4 second sleep timer baseline.
5 blinks is garbage, the range is stupid short, no map pressure
nurse can cover the map better then billy with max range addons.
I will have to agree with this.
Killers like Myers, huntress, hag don't need buffs. They suffer because of some game mechanics like gen rush or horrible map RNGs. There is not much buff you can give to them because their powers are good enough.
Only a small amount of people resort to camping and tunneling when they are forced to. The majority of campers and tunnelers do that just for the reasons that are listed here.
I think the only 'problematic' thing here is being under constant time pressure. Killers definitely need to be under constant time pressure but right now, it is just too much. If I can get 2-3 hooks before my hex ruin gets destroyed, I generally have good matches (I do that with huntress though, getting hooks is a lot harder with other killers imo). I mean we can kinda have longer games with a perk but killers should not be forced to use ruin. Secondary objectives are needed.
I MUCH prefer to have characters be able to do a lot rather than nothing.
So i would prefer to buff weak characters before nerfing strong characters.
Hence, Wraith and Nightmare would be the first to gain buffs from me.
I have NO clue what to do for Nightmare except to disable the ability to get out of the Dream World with Self Care failed Skill Checks.
For Wraith, i want him to be able to walk through vault sections & Survivors while invisible.
He wouldn't be able to if he's visible, if he's busy cloaking & if he's busy uncloaking.
I've heard rumors that the plan is to make it so that the dream world fog is less obnoxious for Freddy and to make it so when a survivor is transitioning into sleep they have 0% action speed so he can actually interrupt totems, gens, heals, etc. I don't know if there is any truth to it, but they seem like reasonable changes.
She needs to be more forgiving and more addons that help her with the prediction of where she'll land.
If the devs won't buff other killers to her or Billy's level, than they can at least make her easier to learn. Since she'll be the only killer on high ranks.
You mean you don't want that killers can afford to make mistakes like survivors do all the time. Survivors can mess around and got second and third chances. Killer doesn't get them.
Do you really think people play killer to ruin someone else's fun? That they start the game with that mission?
Mmhhh survivors can bully the killer. All the killer can do is camp and hit the survivor repeatedly. Giving away that he camps and losing the game.
Do survivors lose the game when they bully?
Nurse because nurse.
Ahahahah - good lord I can't believe you think the nurse needs a buff because new players don't know how to use her yet, ahahahah, the absurdity of it.
Also - please tell me how they "balance things around rank 20" - all their changes affect every rank. Removing exhaustion replenish while running, making killers vault, hit gens, break pallets faster, making killers pick up faster. How is any of this around making rank 20 easier?
######### yea they do, I've seen it multiple times where someone has the username "facecamper" or "tunneler" and they do exactly what their name implies, it's premeditated so they absolutely do it on purpose.
I actually cannot believe we're having another conversation of "only survivors do bad things" where you refuse to admit killers are absolutely toxic as well, it's honestly embarrassing.
"Giving away that he camps and losing the game" Depends on what you define as losing, a killer can easily get two kills camping, unless you think not getting a 4K is losing? But you don't think that, right?
I mean, if you let it get to you and get so upset and riled up over "bullying" which in most cases is just survivors playing the game then yea absolutely they "win". I can die and still pip and I see that as winning so it really depends on what you define as winning. If a survivor tbags you and it gets you so focused on them that you tunnel the entire match and ignore other survivors then they might see that as a win.
Just buff freddy, and fix the toxic combos,
Like DS+DH+Adrenaline+Insta heal.
Dev statistics showed clearly that she has the lowest kill rate. She clearly needs some addons that make it easier to learn her. People shouldn´t have to spend 200+ hours playing her, just to get acceptable results.
She already has a pink addon that shows where the teleport will land. Just lower its rarity to grey.
And why is that absurd? Survivors got more and more training wheels to make it easier and more forgiving. If the devs won´t buff other killers, than they can at least make it easier to learn nurse.
Freddy was nerfed because he had an absurdly high kill (or dc) rate at rank 20. Devs stated several times that they balance for the mayor part of their playerbase which is sits at rank 20.
I would prefer it, if the devs would balance around rank 1 like every competitive pvp game does. What´s your opinion on that?
I also see survivors which have names like: i don´t do gens, mori him-->, doctor = dc, toxic nea, catch me = dc, etc. Sure there are toxic killers, but again i´ve seen way more toxic survivors than killers. I played almost exclusivly survivor for the last 2 months. Haven´t seen a single killer with a toxic name in this time. Maybe just a coincidence or rank. Those toxic killers you encountered probably sit at low ranks.
Well, here we go again. As i said, yes there are both sides, but the amount of toxic survivors is bigger, since it´s "fun" to bully the killer in front of your friends. and YES, there are toxic killers. I said it before, and i say it again, this is a viscious circle. That killer who was toxic to you in your last match, probably was pissed because of the toxic SWF deathsquad he faced the match before. They probably wanted to bully a killer, because they got "face camped" a earlier match. The killer who "face camped" got a toxic looper before that match, and so on.
And yes, i know face camping doesn´t exist anymore!
Devs need to do something about the toxic behavior. They need to reward fair play and nice behavior and punish toxic behavior on both sides.
You sound like that survivor who said "you think you won?" when i had a 4k, 32.000 BPs and a double pip. Yes, that´s a win in my book. But i really only care about bloodpoints.
No, it´s not just survivors playing the game. You should know that. Ever played a nurse and missed all your blinks? Just watch as the survivors start to get cocky after doing all gens. Teasing, teabagging, clicking the flashlights, etc. They won´t leave until they have maxed out their points.
He didn't asked for a buff to nurse, he asked for her to be easier to learn. Given i disagree with him, is still different from asking for a buff
Fun fact the LITERALLY said that they balance the game watching how rank 20"ish" perform.
This is how we got the nerf to freddy, cause he was "incredibly powerfull"
Yes, killer are toxic too, but you really think there are more toxic killer than survivors?
Yeah, infact youtube is full of toxic killers and the most famous toxic player are main killers... right?
Nothing to argue here, i agree.
Except t-bag, spamclick flashlight and troll afterchat are not exactly "just playing the game"
But maibe you have a different concept of "playing the game"...
I'd like to see my boy Freddy get a buff. I would like him to be able to pick up a downed survivor being healed because all you can do is stand there and try to sleep the one healing them :'(
Freddy as already told, and Leatherface.
Leatherface has Perks for Chasing and Hunting, but is really bad in hunting. Doesnt fit really good. He throw his saw like a maniac even when he hits an object, he didnt stop. so why the hell does he stop at a pallet?
I would buff him like: no speedpenalty by crashing the saw to an object and that he deosent stop sawing at a pallet. Bam you have a big bad hunter.
I'm not sure leatherface need a buff, maibe he need something more for the chase, but his defense is so massive it compensate for his other flaws... basically if you are on the hook you are done, no escape, no chance (vs a good latherface, obviously, potatoes are everywere)
That´s exactly why he needs a buff. He needs better chases, so he has something more interesting to do than holding the hand of the survivor who is hooked.
His chainsaw charge is terrible. If you release the button a split second to early, you lose the whole charge. Very frustrating.
totally agreed on that, maybe having it like billy will help... or make it worst... not sure... o_o
Nurse needs a huge nerf to addons and some nerf to her base kit too..Pig,Freddy and Myers base kit is weak and need some buffs
Lol, if you think she takes anywhere near 200 hours to master than I just can't take you seriously. 10 - 15 hours tops to get her ability down, after that it's up to you to find addons you like. If you're bad with her, that's it, you shouldn't need your hand held to play her.
You're telling me after a week they had these amazing stats? They nerfed him prematurely because EVERYONE was complaining about him. He just wasn't fun at any level to play with or against, and they screwed him, which they'll make up for in due time.
And they might say they balance around rank 20 when they clearly don't - they've done changes that affect every rank, tell me on balance change they've done that directly affected only rank 20s.
And whats your point here? I argue everytime that BOTH sides are bad, and you come back with "but survivors too" YEA buddy, I know - that's what I keep saying.
Literally only come across "toxic" killers at rank 1 - 5.
Going to do the ol' switcheroo you killer mains like to do on me - YEA, sure you've been playing survivor for 2 months exclusively, whatever, liar.
This comment made me laugh the most because you remember when you posted that "Proof facecamping doesn't exist" video and it was from a clip of one of the streams and the devs defined it as "being within 1-0 metres of the hook" and you were so impressed and happy that you found this clip when in actual fact it contradicted what you said and you haven't posted it since? Ahhh, good times, my fav.
If a killer has his face towards a survivor that is face camping, face camping and blocking the hook are two different things.
Hard to define toxic, a lot of killer mains see simply using flashlights and doing generators as toxicity, just the same as survivors see tunneling and camping as toxicity.
I have absolutely no idea what this even means.
Oh, is this the bit where we pretend every single game has "toxic" teabagging survivors, and what even in the world is "teasing" do you mean, being better than you and dodging your hits because you're not doing well at nurse? If a survivor is infront of you and gaining points and you're a NURSE and don't have the ability to force them out because you're bad then damn right they're going to tbag, if you have survivors INFRONT of you as nurse and you can't hit them then I really have no advice other than to get better.
Are we actually pretending that "make this killer easier to play" doesn't mean "buff this killer" she's very easy, point and click.
He was nerfed after a week because of public outcry, he was terrible in all ways possible, it was premature, they apologised and said they wouldn't be nerfing killers quite so quickly, they made a mistake and he will get a buff, I can't believe people are still talking abou this as it was poor judgement on their part.
Who cares who is more "toxic" this is very hard to define but to imply killers are golden arbiters of DBD would be an incorrect assumption to make.
I'm done, I've been up all night - I look forward to replies in the morning, happy gaming, GG.
I wasnt talking with addons im talking base kit