Buff Idea for Territorial Imperative.

I was thinking something along the lines of “Unlocks potential in one’s aura reading ability. When a survivor enters the basement, the aura of all survivors are revealed for 3/4/5 seconds when you are at least 32 meters away from the basement. Territorial imperative can only be triggered once ever 60 seconds.”

Just a little something for basement builds. It might even encourage people away from camping by giving benefits to going out there and chasing others. 

Thoughts and opinions?

Comments

  • Territorial Imperative is a very situational perk, and quite frankly, it's fine as it is. Killers would only need it if they are planning on a lot of basement plays, such as Monstrous Shrine, Agitation, and Iron Grasp.

  • I actually have made a suggestion for the Territorial Imperative perk and monstrous shrine, it's quite the buff.
    Maybe you could get some inspiration from that - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/15414/in-my-opinion-they-should-change-monstrous-shrine-and-territorial-imperative#latest. I think you will like it.

  • CoolAKn said:

    Territorial Imperative is a very situational perk, and quite frankly, it's fine as it is. Killers would only need it if they are planning on a lot of basement plays, such as Monstrous Shrine, Agitation, and Iron Grasp.

    Fair point. I was just hoping for new basement builds. You know, multiple types of basement builds. Because as it stands, territorial imperative and monstrous shrine are both nearly wasted perk slots in their current form.
  • Hmm I have some crazy Idea, hah.

    When a survivor enters the basement, the aura of all survivors that are in basement are revealed for 3 seconds when you are at least 32 meters away from the basement and for the first time basement stairs will be blocked by entity for all Survivors and only killer can enter / leave basement for upcoming 20 / 30 / 40 seconds.

  • @Sandt21 said:
    CoolAKn said:

    Territorial Imperative is a very situational perk, and quite frankly, it's fine as it is. Killers would only need it if they are planning on a lot of basement plays, such as Monstrous Shrine, Agitation, and Iron Grasp.

    Fair poisn’t. I was just hoping for new basement builds. You know, multiple types of basement builds. Because as it stands, territorial imperative and monstrous shrine are both nearly wasted perk slots in their current form.

    Yeah, it's kind of sad that there are some perks that just don't seem to be that useful. I wonder if there are actual statistics on which perks are being used by % of players. Then, we can see about buffing the perks that hardly anyone/no one uses.

  • Play hag or trapper with that build and see how "wasted" those slots are.

    It all comes down to which killer can best execute the strategy.

    it's fine as is. It serves it's purpose correctly.

    ps: if you need one, take Wraith/Nurse/Billy with MS, MYC, Territorial, IG/Aggitation. Now you have two victims to instadown. Territorial and MYC also show the distance needed. BT won't kick-in

  • @Buily09 said:
    Hmm I have some crazy Idea, hah.

    When a survivor enters the basement, the aura of all survivors that are in basement are revealed for 3 seconds when you are at least 32 meters away from the basement and for the first time basement stairs will be blocked by entity for all Survivors and only killer can enter / leave basement for upcoming 20 / 30 / 40 seconds.

    40 seconds would be incredibly insaine. Do you know what sort of damage a Leatherface can do in just 3 seconds? Haha it would sadly cause survivors to abandon anyone in the basement.

    I don't mind the perk as it is since you don't need to see the aura anyway as you get that noise notification and just turn around. This perk was meant to be used as part of a "gimmick" build and never intended for high level or meta play.

  • I know no one uses it but I am always on edge thinking they will be running it when I am feeling loot greedy

  • I used to use it on my Billy and would quite frequently would catch someone in the basement which would lead to some pretty good plays. It would apply pressure very hard on the survivors early in the game. In the words of the toxic survivor Jendenise "We just wanna spice the game up a bit" ;)

  • I use it sometimes as well
  • It would be a lot better, that’s for sure
  • When i hook someone in the basement after the Generators are repaired, there's one thing that almost always happened...

    The Chest in the basement has been looted.

    I don't use the Perk myself, but that doesn't mean i think it's useless.
    I never use A Nurse's Calling, but that Perk is great, i can certainly admit that.

    I used to run this a lot on Hillbilly, there's almost always a Survivor who can't resist their greed and goes to loot that Chest.
    And if they're against a Hillbilly running TI (Territorial Imperative), that's like giving the devil your soul.
    Just go there, down them, hook them and go far away.
    What's even more alluring than a Chest? A hooked Survivor.
    Anyone would bet that someone would go rescue them.
    Once the Perk triggers, IMMEDIATELY go back to the basement: There's a huge chance you'll now have 2 Survivors to hook.

    Anyway, that's why i wouldn't like it that you put such a huge cooldown on it. (Huge in comparison at least.)
    30 seconds is pretty much non-existant when you have to do the following things to set up the TI trap:

    • Go over there
    • Down them
    • Grab them
    • Hook them
    • Get out of range

    Plus, if you equip B&C, which is what most do anyway, you don't need that aura buff of yours either.