I'm gonna have to lobby dodge keys now.

Because what even is the point in playing a match where key is in play. The problem ain't the key itself, it's what survivors bring WITH the key. Yeah the new offerings that give control of hatch spawn to the players, if you have a key you don't have to do ANYTHING and you can still escape.

I can already tell this will be a HUGE problem since the offerings are COMMON.


I'm gonna say this again. Devs, where you shooting up with Blight when you came up with this STUPID idea of an offering?

Comments

  • I've been dodging keys for months now. The devs probably thought the Hatch offerings sounded cool, but didn't test them enough to see that they were a bad idea. I'm expecting an increase in tactical disconnects.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    Because what even is the point in playing a match where key is in play. The problem ain't the key itself, it's what survivors bring WITH the key. Yeah the new offerings that give control of hatch spawn to the players, if you have a key you don't have to do ANYTHING and you can still escape.

    I can already tell this will be a HUGE problem since the offerings are COMMON.

    I'm gonna say this again. Devs, where you shooting up with Blight when you came up with this STUPID idea of an offering?

    Gens still have to get done for the hatch to spawn otherwise it only spawns once all the gens are done if everyone is alive and in that case the match is already lost, I just run hag with Franklin's and trap the key up after I knock it out , you wouldn't believe how many people will die to try and get their item back

    Not defending keys but offering a different approach to combat them

  • Lol, new changes brand "something new" to the game. But yeah, you should dodge bad lobbies whatever the reason.

    Dev's can't introduce new mechanics so they bring minor changes to justify their updates/patches... Always to choice the easy way :\

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/189483/im-gonna-have-to-lobby-dodge-keys-now

    Gens still have to get done for the hatch to spawn otherwise it only spawns once all the gens are done if everyone is alive and in that case the match is already lost, I just run hag with Franklin's and trap the key up after I knock it out , you wouldn't believe how many people will die to try and get their item back

    Not defending keys but offering a different approach to combat them

    Or they just sit around doing nothing knowing where the hatch will spawn, with their key, waiting for their team to die. then when the killer closes is they can just run on over and open it. This offering shouldn't have made it past ptb

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605825#Comment_1605825

    Or they just sit around doing nothing knowing where the hatch will spawn, with their key, waiting for their team to die. then when the killer closes is they can just run on over and open it. This offering shouldn't have made it past ptb

    In that case you got a 3k because nobody was doing anything , how is this bad? You won the game and they died

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605873#Comment_1605873

    In that case you got a 3k because nobody was doing anything , how is this bad? You won the game and they died

    It's not the fact that I won or lost, it's the fact that even if I do everything in my power, if there is a key with that stupid offering one person will ALWAYS get out. Low risk, high reward on the survivors part.

    Edit: Hell, maybe even two if they got enough gens done.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    Because what even is the point in playing a match where key is in play. The problem ain't the key itself, it's what survivors bring WITH the key. Yeah the new offerings that give control of hatch spawn to the players, if you have a key you don't have to do ANYTHING and you can still escape.

    I can already tell this will be a HUGE problem since the offerings are COMMON.

    I'm gonna say this again. Devs, where you shooting up with Blight when you came up with this STUPID idea of an offering?

    you last point I think so.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605883#Comment_1605883

    It's not the fact that I won or lost, it's the fact that even if I do everything in my power, if there is a key with that stupid offering one person will ALWAYS get out. Low risk, high reward on the survivors part.

    Edit: Hell, maybe even two if they got enough gens done.

    There's still a chance you get all four of them but I guess we can agree to disagree on this subject my friend , fair and accurate arguments could be made for both sides in this issue

  • Oh no, one survivor have a chance to escape without a need to grind Bill's perks. :)

  • Go ahead.

    Not all of us that play killer get that bent up about keys.

    What’s next? DC on map offerings? oh wait some of you already do that. I forgot.

  • @28_stabs said:

    Oh no, one survivor have a chance to escape without a need to grind Bill's perks. :)

    Oh no my teammate left us on the hooks so they could get the hatch even though we did all the work.

    Just because you escaped without needing Bills perks, does NOT mean you earned it. And you know what? Those same survivors will figure out "HeY dIs wOrK gUd" and they will slowly work their way up to red ranks WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG.

    So have fun with the chance of a teammate not doing anything and just escaping while you actually did something to power the gates.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Go ahead.

    Not all of us that play killer get that bent up about keys.

    What’s next? DC on map offerings? oh wait some of you already do that. I forgot.

    Oh so you're just ok with a survivor escaping without doing anything. Making the game last longer because they won't do gens, are hiding the whole time, or won't get you off hook because "HaTcH!!!"

    If there are 3 gens left and you can just go to and hop through the hatch without a care in the world, You. Didn't. Earn. It.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Go ahead.

    Not all of us that play killer get that bent up about keys.

    What’s next? DC on map offerings? oh wait some of you already do that. I forgot.

    This. If they want a 'EZ Escape' then let them have it. Who cares at this point? Too many people act super entitled to a 4k every match. I personally could care less if all 4 escape. I just want to go into a match, have fun, and move on. A simple Offering changes nothing. If anything, you now know where the last person who doesn't save or isn't doing a gen is going to be hovering around.

  • Nais now hatch is easier for survs too .This devs are killer sided for sure!

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605965#Comment_1605965

    Oh so you're just ok with a survivor escaping without doing anything. Making the game last longer because they won't do gens, are hiding the whole time, or won't get you off hook because "HaTcH!!!"

    If there are 3 gens left and you can just go to and hop through the hatch without a care in the world, You. Didn't. Earn. It.

    Actually hatch doesn’t spawn until there are at least 2 gens left with two survivors alive :)

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605965#Comment_1605965

    This. If they want a 'EZ Escape' then let them have it. Who cares at this point? Too many people act super entitled to a 4k every match. I personally could care less if all 4 escape. I just want to go into a match, have fun, and move on. A simple Offering changes nothing. If anything, you now know where the last person who doesn't save or isn't doing a gen is going to be hovering around.

    Here we go with the "EnTiTleD KiLlEr WaNt 4K"

    Firstly: Where did I say I want 4ks? I remember saying I want survivors to EARN things.


    Second: Nice job encouraging this play style.


    Thirdly: The offering doesn't negatively effect only killers, it can effect survivors too.

    Here's an example: No one has a key but the killer puts in the offering, you get down to only 2 survivors left. The killer can now herd one of the 2 remaining survivors closer to where the hatch will spawn, hook them, close hatch, then guard gates. You had a good game, you're close to earning the escape, but the offering ruined that.

    Face it, no matter what way you cut it, a brown add on should NOT effect the game this much

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1606042#Comment_1606042

    Actually hatch doesn’t spawn until there are at least 2 gens left with two survivors alive :)

    Did they change it back to what it used to? or are you still playing on an outdated version?

  • Honestly, if a survivor bring in a key and the offering then tries to hover around the supposed hatch location; they won’t pip, let alone rank up. Surviving is only one of the 4 emblems that increases/decreases rank. So if they want to rank up, they still need to actively play the game. Like this strategy is likely to be used but in the end the survivor will mostly like depip/derank and never make it to high tier match ups. Plus how many bp will get out of this basically none in all categories but survival, which is just 5k. While the killer is still going to come out with 3 or 4 times the amount. I won’t makes game less fun unless all the survivors bring a key, go on a swf, and urban evade the entire match. It is possible but unlikely, so there doesn’t need to be much of a change. Though, that’s my opinion..... :)

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1606043#Comment_1606043

    Here we go with the "EnTiTleD KiLlEr WaNt 4K"

    Firstly: Where did I say I want 4ks? I remember saying I want survivors to EARN things.

    Second: Nice job encouraging this play style.

    Thirdly: The offering doesn't negatively effect only killers, it can effect survivors too.

    Here's an example: No one has a key but the killer puts in the offering, you get down to only 2 survivors left. The killer can now herd one of the 2 remaining survivors closer to where the hatch will spawn, hook them, close hatch, then guard gates. You had a good game, you're close to earning the escape, but the offering ruined that.

    Face it, no matter what way you cut it, a brown add on should NOT effect the game this much

    Ok then:

    First: Didn't specify YOU. It was a general remark that many want a 4k or nothing at all.

    Second: Thanks, I play that way in hopes that others will and actually have some FUN on the game, not turn it into a Adrenaline filled E-Sport contest.

    Third: Again, the offering makes it pretty obvious where the remaining survivor or survivors will hover around/head to so it's not rocket science to stay close to that area.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605965#Comment_1605965

    Oh so you're just ok with a survivor escaping without doing anything. Making the game last longer because they won't do gens, are hiding the whole time, or won't get you off hook because "HaTcH!!!"

    If there are 3 gens left and you can just go to and hop through the hatch without a care in the world, You. Didn't. Earn. It.

    @Hex_Stalk

    What makes you think every survivor who has a key doesn’t do anything? I Don’t understand this line of thinking.

    If it bothers you that much, crutch up and bring a mori and get them out of your game.

    Just don’t assume that just because they have a key they didn’t earn their escape.

  • I just kill anyone with a Key early. It is my goal to make sure THAT specific Survivor is sac'd out before the Hatch spawns, and the Key is on the ground somewhere. If I happen to have a Mori, I use it and make sure I kill them somewhere that Key won't be picked up by anyone else. :) Brutal I know, but a Killer has to do what a Killer has to do.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Go ahead.

    Not all of us that play killer get that bent up about keys.

    What’s next? DC on map offerings? oh wait some of you already do that. I forgot.

    Man it's almost like the reason people are DCing is because the Devs have problems addressing issues the Community have brought up,

    and if you have think that anyone on either side wants to suffer though Midwich you are out of your mind (who thought directly translating a map in a singleplayer game to a multiplayer game wouldn't work!)

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605931#Comment_1605931

    Oh no my teammate left us on the hooks so they could get the hatch even though we did all the work.

    Just because you escaped without needing Bills perks, does NOT mean you earned it. And you know what? Those same survivors will figure out "HeY dIs wOrK gUd" and they will slowly work their way up to red ranks WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG.

    So have fun with the chance of a teammate not doing anything and just escaping while you actually did something to power the gates.

    Escape alone or a 4k with mori/NOED/quickly slugged survivors doesnt uprank anyone. And if you played well, do not worry, you will get your pip. Also, yes, sometimes I do up to 4 gens alone. I prefer sneaky survivors over too altruistic and dumb survivors who cant buy me time, nor prevent killer from triggering the EGC and camping both gates in the same corner. Looks like you just cant do anything... :^)

  • Also, if you hate survivors with keys a lot - just take Bond and Pebble. Find them and make fun of them. :^)

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1605965#Comment_1605965

    Man it's almost like the reason people are DCing is because the Devs have problems addressing issues the Community have brought up,

    and if you have think that anyone on either side wants to suffer though Midwich you are out of your mind (who thought directly translating a map in a singleplayer game to a multiplayer game wouldn't work!)

    @Buckoben

    I’ve had killers dc because they didn’t like the map they went to when it wasn’t even one of the “survivor-sides” ones, I just had a Hag DC yersterday because basement wasn’t where she wanted it to be. Oh well. We all get maps/set ups we don’t like. Doesn’t mean they are broken in every case.

    That’s the problem with a segment of this player base ... if they don’t like something they think it’s broken, or at least that’s what they like to insinuate through the feedback they give.

  • I won't lobby dodge keys, mainly because I consider slugging everyone before killing anyone is a viable strategy sometimes against key users, but yes,

    THE OFFERINGS ARE STUPID. THE COMMUNITY TOLD YOU AS MUCH.

  • The RNG salt is real.

  • This is one of the weakest complaints I've see so far.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    This is one of the weakest complaints I've see so far.

    Anyone who has played a tactical RPG (myself for example) will tell you we don't like to leave things up to chance, we want the most guaranteed things we can get our hands on. This chance of the hatch to spawn in either location, while I haven't seen the numbers yet, is not worth it.